This guy for President - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-06-2005, 10:22 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
This guy for President

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/09/02/hon...ile/index.html

Click the first link to go to the video I am talking about (See the Nagin video where he demands feds 'get off their asses' -- 12:09 )

This guy is my hero...

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2005, 10:25 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: This guy for President

i saw him on cnn a few days ago, they had him screaming out at his guys on vid and said that was his "mild side"..............i would really hate to see that guy pissed off
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:35 PM   #3
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
i saw him on cnn a few days ago, they had him screaming out at his guys on vid and said that was his "mild side"..............i would really hate to see that guy pissed off
That dude hit it on the dot man.

I love his attitude and his passion.

I know nothing about his politics yet I could see myself supporting someone like him for President if that is truly how he feels.

Reddit
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2005, 10:52 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Well, I loved his speech and such when I heard it on the radio last week. It was nice to see a politician go all out like that, the only problem is that it was miss-directed. Blanco failed to bring the guard up in a timely manner. She, and the mayor, felt that the 1500 police and about a 1000 guardsmen were enough for the city of New Orleans. Unfortunately, they were wrong. Unfortunately military trucks don't fly down the highway so they take time to get there. Their initial delay led to the appearance of the feds and the guard not getting their fast enough.

Before I get off on tangents, I loved how he just said it how it is. That is the big reason I like McCain (sp?). He says what he feels...period.
Old 09-06-2005, 10:54 PM   #5
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I'd vote for him, based solely on his passion. I'd definitely need to know more about him though.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2005, 10:56 PM   #6
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Well, I loved his speech and such when I heard it on the radio last week. It was nice to see a politician go all out like that, the only problem is that it was miss-directed. Blanco failed to bring the guard up in a timely manner. She, and the mayor, felt that the 1500 police and about a 1000 guardsmen were enough for the city of New Orleans. Unfortunately, they were wrong. Unfortunately military trucks don't fly down the highway so they take time to get there. Their initial delay led to the appearance of the feds and the guard not getting their fast enough.

Before I get off on tangents, I loved how he just said it how it is. That is the big reason I like McCain (sp?). He says what he feels...period.
I like McCain's personality but not some of his politics.

His main claim to fame is a failure, Campaign Finance Reform and a joke at that.

Plus he butts into places the government should not be, like with Baseball and Steriods.

I do love that Mayor and wish I could find out more about him, but every damn search in a search engine just talks about that speech lol.

He is to New Orleans what Rudy Giuliani was to New York after the attacks.

Reddit
Old 09-06-2005, 11:14 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

My platform to run for president... fire everybody in government and start over. Keep government small darn it!

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 11:08 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
He is to New Orleans what Rudy Giuliani was to New York after the attacks.
Um...No. He is Rudy in passion, but is not even close in leadership. Hell, the man put tourists in front of the thousands at the superdome. 400ish of them went to the front of the line from a hotel to the superdome and immediately on a bus while his fellow city folk waited in line for their turn. He has the passion, but he is no leader like Rudy.
Old 09-07-2005, 11:41 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Ok Brent, here is a little more detail about why he is not a Rudy. Here is Bill O'reilly's analysis of the situation, which is very simular to the investigation my company is doing into the situation since we created the Hurricain Response Plan they were spodda follow.

My company and the press release about the plan:

The Plan (PDF File) Page 13 point number 5 states how the "oppressed" were to get out. FREE FUGGIN TRANSPORTATION that the mayor and govenor never activated.

On with Bill O'reilly: (http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill O'reilly
We begin with the Louisiana Hurricane Evacuation Plan (search), which is what the mayor and the governor were supposed to follow. One key provision in that plan states, "The primary means of hurricane evacuation will be personal vehicles. School and municipal buses, government-owned vehicles may be used to provide transportation for individuals who require assistance in evacuating."

But those government vehicles were not used on a large scale to get people out of town. Instead, Governor Kathleen Blanco (search) and Mayor Ray Nagin (search) decided to allow New Orleans residents to stay if they wanted, even though a mandatory evacuation order had been issued by the mayor about 14 hours before the storm hit.

Nagin did authorize transportation to get folks to the Superdome (search), which was designated a refuge of last resort. However, most city buses stood idle and on low ground and were quickly flooded by Katrina.

Even though the mayor opened the Superdome to thousands, there was not nearly enough security inside, nor enough food and water. Mayor Nagin still has not explained why a mandatory evacuation is not mandatory. What say you, Mayor Nagin?

Now Governor Blanco also made major mistakes. After asking and getting the federal government to declare the hurricane zone a disaster area two days before the storm hit, the governor failed to send any National Guard (search) troops in to secure New Orleans and the surrounding parishes before the storm. Why?

She also failed to ask for more troops from the feds, knowing she only had about 6,000 to control the city of 1.3 million. Why not ask for more?

Like the mayor, Governor Blanco has no explanation. Surely she knew the potential for chaos. Why not send the Guard in immediately?

Then when the levees were breached, the Guard found itself unable to get into New Orleans. They're outside. It was not until Wednesday, August 31st, three days after the storm hit, that Blanco admitted she didn't have enough security in the city.

Once the levees were breached, the situation then became a national security issue. And the feds, already having the power to act, should have arrived in force. But the homeland security office and President Bush were 24 hours late in taking decisive action.

So summing up, the mayor allowed citizens to defy a mandatory evacuation and didn't use city buses to get them out of town. The governor didn't send the Guard in before the storm. And that caused the New Orleans police to be quickly overwhelmed. The evacuation plan clearly states that a refuge of last resort may not have food and water available, but I wonder how many people knew that.

Also, how did the mayor and governor think any kind of structure could be maintained without crowd control?

Again, we believe Blanco and Nagin should be forced to answer those questions. And that's “The Memo.”
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2005, 12:34 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Um...No. He is Rudy in passion, but is not even close in leadership. Hell, the man put tourists in front of the thousands at the superdome. 400ish of them went to the front of the line from a hotel to the superdome and immediately on a bus while his fellow city folk waited in line for their turn. He has the passion, but he is no leader like Rudy.
hmm oh well there goes that guy.

Too bad to because he def. had the passion.

Reddit
Old 09-07-2005, 04:52 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Ok Brent, here is a little more detail about why he is not a Rudy. Here is Bill O'reilly's analysis of the situation, which is very simular to the investigation my company is doing into the situation since we created the Hurricain Response Plan they were spodda follow.

My company and the press release about the plan:

The Plan (PDF File) Page 13 point number 5 states how the "oppressed" were to get out. FREE FUGGIN TRANSPORTATION that the mayor and govenor never activated.

On with Bill O'reilly: (http://www.foxnews.com/oreilly)
Amen to that Nagin sat on his *** and left the buses and other assets to drown with the people. He did not lift a figer to evacuate his poor.All the buses in NO and none went around to pick up the needy. He did not follow their own emergency evacuation plan.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar