Im sick of parents... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Im sick of parents...

Not mine at the moment

i was driving through a neighborhood, the speed limit was 25, i was doing it in first gear, and my RPMs were up high, some dude comes running up to the side "slow down *******!", i laid on my brakes, and said "excuse me?!", he became really police "you shouldnt be speeding when theres kids around" and i laughed, told him "i wasnt speeding, i dont know what the hell youre thinking", and he says "i heard you speeding" and he rambled on, i just left, him still talking

then later on, on a messege board im on, some dude posts about how he was doing 80 down a 35, and this woman flips out on him "youre an idiot, there could have been kids playing and you coulda have killed one" and all that bull****

im sick of hearing about how horrible of a person you are if you speed, these parents act like the people speeding are the ones that will kill their kids, when its more likely the people they ride with that speed that will kill them

ill be clipping 80 on the highway, and get passed by a minivan full of kids

i love high and mighty parents
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Re: Im sick of parents...

dude, i can see why some people get pissed if you go 80 in a 35.............thats over doubled the speed limit........but yelling b/c your car is too loud, thats gay.......i had an incident like that happen to me. the guy was yelling at me at a stoplight b/c my exhaust was too loud and he thought i was speeding.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:23 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

i get that alot too cuz half my drive to classes is residential. and i can't get into 4th in neighborhoods cuz of speed limit so it sounds like i'm doin more cuz i'm in a high 3rd.

they suck. all of them. heh.

Old 09-18-2005, 02:30 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

80 in a 35 IS stupid

but i drive like your talking about how you did too, i basically told one of my neighbors to **** off and she hasn't said anything since

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 02:42 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

i know what you mean with the loud exhaust thinking you're going fast...at my school after xc practice (but before school) I was driving to Krystal for breakfast and i wound out 1st gear but was still under 30mph...this teacher told me I was doing 60 conservatively...but i never shifted out of first and there was a kid in the car with me so...i didn't get in any trouble but it was sad that high rpms made someone think i was going over 60 when i was under 30. :dunno:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 03:14 PM   #6
Road Trip!

i never said 80 in a 35 wasnt stupid

im just sick of people coming out, yelling and screaming over it, call the damn police, because some annoying mother isnt going to make someone slow down, but a ticket will
Old 09-18-2005, 03:47 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

a cop isnt going to beable to do anything either, both are rather pointless but id yell at some idiot doin 80 in a 35 to.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 04:33 PM   #8
Road Trip!

if someone does it once, theyll do it again, if a cop is there, speeder gets owned
Old 09-18-2005, 04:42 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

You have to think where they're coming from though, all they hear is a car "speeding by". They know their kids are outside playing, I'd sure as hell run outside and see who was flying down the road if my kids were outside.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:03 PM   #10
Road Trip!

then there comes a point where you think "why are these kids playing in the street?"
Old 09-18-2005, 06:11 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

give him the finger and speed off. cant reason with idiots.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 06:21 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
then there comes a point where you think "why are these kids playing in the street?"

its not even really that.............chances are if its a 35mph zone, the road isnt a 4 lane interstate, rather a relatively small, possible residential neighborhood road......and goin 45mph over that posted speed could cause danger if you were to lose control.....which is the whole point of the posted speed. i am willing to bet it is a 35 zone b/c:
- there are many houses nearby
- its a small road
- you are in a school zone

its not really a matter of the kids playing in the road, imo, its the parents responsibility to keep the kids far enough away from the street to prevent ANYTHING from happening. but if you are to lose control goin 45 over the posted speed and run into someone's yard, then you might have a problem and either damage property or endanger lives...........thats the point i am getting at
Old 09-18-2005, 06:41 PM   #13
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
its not even really that.............chances are if its a 35mph zone, the road isnt a 4 lane interstate, rather a relatively small, possible residential neighborhood road......and goin 45mph over that posted speed could cause danger if you were to lose control.....which is the whole point of the posted speed. i am willing to bet it is a 35 zone b/c:
- there are many houses nearby
- its a small road
- you are in a school zone

its not really a matter of the kids playing in the road, imo, its the parents responsibility to keep the kids far enough away from the street to prevent ANYTHING from happening. but if you are to lose control goin 45 over the posted speed and run into someone's yard, then you might have a problem and either damage property or endanger lives...........thats the point i am getting at
and i 100% agree with you at that point

what im basically getting at, is the whole thing where these people seriously think someone is going to listen to them by screaming "SLOW DOWN!", or wanting to jump out in front of people and make them stop, ARE YOU NUTS?!

ive been screamed at, yelled at, and all it does is make me want to blast down the street faster yet, even when i was barely speeding

"your car is too loud"

so how do i reply?

5K rpms saying "what?! i cant hear you over my car"
Old 09-18-2005, 09:19 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96

yeah that **** pisses me off when people put up signs on the edge of the street saying our kids play here. and I think if you are a good parent you teach your kids to not play near streets.
Old 09-18-2005, 09:25 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Ibanezplayer272 Send a message via MSN to Ibanezplayer272

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
so how do i reply?

5K rpms saying "what?! i cant hear you over my car"
I do that all the time!

2007 Windveil Blue Mustang GT
Mods : Intake, Stubby antenna
Rolls are for fat chicks
Ibanezplayer272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:42 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i have people syaing that to me in my neighborhood all the time.

my response, "how long have you lived here, not as long as me i bet(we have the first house to be built and lived in in the neighborhood), so piss off."

you know what pisses me off?

remember when our generation were kids. we were taught that as soon as a car came to get out of the street, and that the car had the right of way. what the **** are parents teaching their kids? all the new kids in my neighborhood obviously werent taught this. if you drive up, they continue playing like youre not even there. and sometimes the little nigglets(theyre dominant in a small 4 house section of my predominately middle-upper class hood) will just stand there and stare at you.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 09:53 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Call the cops, ha ha ****ing ha

I did that, *****ed at them about speeders and they did squat. Oh sure they put up a monitor and in a 12 hour period (6 am to 6 pm) I had 271 cars go by. Fastest one was 71, in a freaking 30 mph residential street with a herd of kids living on it. But in a city of 80,000+ we got 6 cops on traffic enforcement, including the Sergeant in charge. Hell We got a cop what lives on my block and parks his cruiser there, doesn't do squat.

**** the cops.

Only thing that'll slow em down is a brick in the windshield.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:09 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponycarman

**** the cops.
HAHA

**** da po-lice, **** da po-lice, **** 'em
Old 09-18-2005, 10:15 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

All those monitors make me do is see how fast I can go past one. 68 in a 20 zone on campus here....stupid thing was sitting there at 3 in the morning and I couldn't resist.
Our's:
Old 09-18-2005, 10:16 PM   #20
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I have actually passed one and turned back around just to see how fast I could get it to read

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

haha i do too.. one time it took my pic though cuz i saw the flash.. still havent gotten the ticket and it was a year ago

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2005, 10:33 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

I love em, gonna get a guy to sit there with a camera one day and record my speed while I go by.
Our's:
Old 09-18-2005, 10:49 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Nebraska
Send a message via AIM to 19ClearCobra96 Send a message via MSN to 19ClearCobra96

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i have people syaing that to me in my neighborhood all the time.

my response, "how long have you lived here, not as long as me i bet(we have the first house to be built and lived in in the neighborhood), so piss off."

you know what pisses me off?

remember when our generation were kids. we were taught that as soon as a car came to get out of the street, and that the car had the right of way. what the **** are parents teaching their kids? all the new kids in my neighborhood obviously werent taught this. if you drive up, they continue playing like youre not even there. and sometimes the little nigglets(theyre dominant in a small 4 house section of my predominately middle-upper class hood) will just stand there and stare at you.
lol You said nigglets, good word and I agree with the whole statement of yours.
Old 09-19-2005, 01:40 AM   #24
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

There's a dude in my gf's subdivision who yells at me a lot. I always stop, let him get close, then peel out.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 12:12 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

my neighbors have gotten used to the bronco. you really cant hear much over the exhaust then throw in the tires that sound like a cessna. LOUD

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:04 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

this monitor was a small gray box on the telephone pole, that is all . No display for anyone to see and if I hadn't known in advance they were going to monitor the road I wouldn't have guessed what it was.

It wasn't one of those radar guns on a trailer with a readout to "inform" you of your speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2005, 02:28 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

OK here is my take. Speeding in a neighborhood is stupid even if no kids are playing. So I have a 4 young kids with riced out imports that have tried to use my Cul De Sac as a drag strip. I have run out in the street with a baseball bat and stopped their dead ***. One lives on the next street over and comes down my street to impress this little girl and I ran out to the street and he drove by and cussed at me. I jumped in the stang and drove over to his house and walked up to him while he was walking to his front door. I told him if he did it again I would burn his car to the ground. He started cussing at me again when all of the sudden his dad comes outside and asked what was going on. I told him and he looked at his kid and said " That is it!!! the car is gone. Yesterday I drove by the house and the car is for sale MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA PUNK *** KID!!!! On my street I AM THE LAW !!!!
Old 09-19-2005, 02:30 PM   #28
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK here is my take. Speeding in a neighborhood is stupid even if no kids are playing. So I have a 4 young kids with riced out imports that have tried to use my Cul De Sac as a drag strip. I have run out in the street with a baseball bat and stopped their dead ***. One lives on the next street over and comes down my street to impress this little girl and I ran out to the street and he drove by and cussed at me. I jumped in the stang and drove over to his house and walked up to him while he was walking to his front door. I told him if he did it again I would burn his car to the ground. He started cussing at me again when all of the sudden his dad comes outside and asked what was going on. I told him and he looked at his kid and said " That is it!!! the car is gone. Yesterday I drove by the house and the car is for sale MUHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA PUNK *** KID!!!! On my street I AM THE LAW !!!!!
Nice!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar