xbox 360. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-25-2005, 01:38 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

xbox 360.

I have been looking around at pre-ordering an Xbox 360. If you goto www.gamestop.com you can preorder it online, and they have package deals. One of the packages is $2000. But it comes with everything. 4 wireless controllers, like 12 games, yadda yadda. Some of those games look badass though.

I wish I could get my Air Force date so I can order one or not. It is supposed to come out on Nov. 14th or Nov 22nd (I have heard both). However, I might be going into the Air Force on Nov. 14th. Don't think I'll be able to play much xbox while at boot camp
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2005, 03:21 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Europe
Send a message via AIM to NorwegianMustang Send a message via MSN to NorwegianMustang Send a message via Yahoo to NorwegianMustang
Re: xbox 360.

I'm holding of for the PS3
Old 09-25-2005, 03:52 PM   #3
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

xbox owns playstation in every way possible

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2005, 04:20 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Xbox 360> PS3. But NINTENDO REVOLUTION OWNS ALL!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2005, 04:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
xbox owns playstation in every way possible
rofl

I got a new Playstation Mag, they were showing the graphics on the PS3. I am blown away. I almost feel cheated on life I wish I were a kid with this system.. damn it's incredible.

As for XBOX.. I have yet to see a game they are releasing with "mind blowing graphics" Unless you have one for me?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:32 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

i got an Xbox, PS2, and gamecube....i play the PS2 personally. Only game that i ever cared about for Xbox was Halo. All the other games I can play on the PS2, which I have not seen enough of a difference in Graphics to "blow my mind" to pick the xbox over PS2. Plus the PS2 has a far superior controller of all the systems. Granted the smaller xbox controllers are better, they still suck. No one will ever compare to the PS2 controller. They did it good.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:33 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee

PS3 > j00

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 04:55 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
i got an Xbox, PS2, and gamecube....i play the PS2 personally. Only game that i ever cared about for Xbox was Halo. All the other games I can play on the PS2, which I have not seen enough of a difference in Graphics to "blow my mind" to pick the xbox over PS2. Plus the PS2 has a far superior controller of all the systems. Granted the smaller xbox controllers are better, they still suck. No one will ever compare to the PS2 controller. They did it good.

Word, the xbox I play on isn't even mine.. its my sis's.,. I am getting a 360 when it comes out..

a PS3 as well

But at this very moment I'm making enough so as I can afford both lol
Old 09-25-2005, 05:42 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

ps3 will own the xbox 360.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 06:54 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I will prolly buy both. But from Nov. to March/Apr, it will be all xbox 360 :thumbs2:
Old 09-25-2005, 07:07 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
I will prolly buy both. But from Nov. to March/Apr, it will be all xbox 360 :thumbs2:
word
Old 09-25-2005, 07:44 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

bah, i'll stick with nintendo. gamecube has some great games, "kiddie" or not, they're fun as hell
Old 09-25-2005, 08:16 PM   #13
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

And the guy who works at EB Games steps in.

If you ain't got the 360 preordered, you'll be waiting until next year. EB Games is completely out, as a company.. We are 20 over our alotment right now. Get the $400 version, the other one is crap. It costs $100 for the hard drive alone.

Wanna PS3? It hits Japan in spring of '06 and the States and Europe in '07. Yea. And the Revolution, along time away and enjoy your TV remote as a controller.

And hope ya'll enjoy paying $59.99 for your games now.
Old 09-25-2005, 08:42 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom

If you ain't got the 360 preordered, you'll be waiting until next year. EB Games is completely out, as a company.. We are 20 over our alotment right now. Get the $400 version, the other one is crap. It costs $100 for the hard drive alone.

Wanna PS3? It hits Japan in spring of '06 and the States and Europe in '07. Yea. And the Revolution, along time away and enjoy your TV remote as a controller.

it can't be i wonder what all is supposed to be coming out for PC :chin:
Old 09-25-2005, 08:54 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom

If I were to pre-order it, would I be able to pick it up at any location?? I'm just worried where I'll be in Nov.

I may just wait until I hear from the Air Force to see if I can get one before hand or not.
Old 09-25-2005, 09:11 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

im sure all of them will be good.. as for the nintendo one.. im losing hope and confidence in them. i think one of the concept controllers for it was a remote control shaped thing.. i have no idea what they are thinking if they happen to release that.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2005, 10:35 PM   #17
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
If I were to pre-order it, would I be able to pick it up at any location?? I'm just worried where I'll be in Nov.

I may just wait until I hear from the Air Force to see if I can get one before hand or not.
Not really, cause the money you preorder with is in the drawer where you preodered at. If you get it online, they're just gonna ship it to you.

Remember this, Walmart *****es!
Old 09-25-2005, 10:36 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

walmart??
Old 09-25-2005, 10:56 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
bah, i'll stick with nintendo. gamecube has some great games, "kiddie" or not, they're fun as hell
X2. Besides, I think they'll get a lot more adult oriented games for the revolution. But if for no other reason, I would by a Revolution just for the Legend of Zelda games. I'm addicted, even my halo 2 emblem was the triforce.
Old 09-25-2005, 11:16 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to tedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorwegianMustang
I'm holding of for the PS3
x2
Old 09-25-2005, 11:28 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'll stick with my PS2 for a few more years lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 12:51 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom

thats not bad, i remember buying perfect dark for the N64 and it was 65 bucks. then xbox and ps2 came out and strangely new games didnt top 50 bucks. and seeing how much time goes into these games, 50 bucks is pretty cheap, i wont mind paying 10 more for a insanely badass game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seph
As for XBOX.. I have yet to see a game they are releasing with "mind blowing graphics" Unless you have one for me?
graphics are nice, but id take great, fun, non repetitive gameplay over insane graphics anyday. kinda the reason GTA3 series is so popular, the gameplay kicks ***, even though the graphics look like theyre on a PS1.

i think ghost recon has some insane looking graphics though. i dont like those team combat games(mostly cause freindlies usually just get in the way) but i think i will be picking it up, along with PD:zero to hold me over till Halo3 comes.

besides, ill go with the console that doesnt lie about its specs. even though its not the console thats going to set them apart, itll be the designers this round.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 07:32 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseGSTdude
thats not bad, i remember buying perfect dark for the N64 and it was 65 bucks. then xbox and ps2 came out and strangely new games didnt top 50 bucks. and seeing how much time goes into these games, 50 bucks is pretty cheap, i wont mind paying 10 more for a insanely badass game.
it's because cd's and dvd's are easier and cheaper to mass produce than cartridge games... i read an article once that said the production cash difference was like 4:1 or 5:1. discs were that much cheaper

and i can agree that nintendo has been a step behind more than once, but they do have some killer games. zelda, mario, and metroid on gamecube.. mario 64, goldeneye, perfect dark on n64, not to mention the wave race games (nintendo STARTED the jetski racing games, waverunner was only ever a pale copy) the pikmin games (SERIOUSLY UNDERRATED) super smash brothers (****ING FUN!) ...nintendo has so much **** that is only on their systems

and i think the new controller could be a hit, it looks like it would be fairly intuitive, point and shoot type action

Quote:
Originally Posted by eclipseGSTdude
besides, ill go with the console that doesnt lie about its specs. even though its not the console thats going to set them apart, itll be the designers this round.
if i remember correctly, the gamecube actually had the most impressive specs out of the three. processing, memory, graphics, it's just the operating software that pulls it down... i dunno though, i'll have to see if i can find links... i do know that IBM has done the mobo for every nintendo console since the n64, and ATI has done the graphics processor since the n64. and they've been a pretty formidable triumvirate
Old 09-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #24
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

The GameCube was an underrated system. Go look at Resident Evil 4 and compare that to the X-Box graphics. Just as good if not better and it doesn't weight 8 pounds! Have you ever tried to move a box of 24 X-Box's, it's not fun.

As far as games go, they are all ports now. It's the "God of Wars" that are gonna set the market apart.

And Halo sucks. It's a straight rip off of Counter Strike, just with aliens instead.
Old 09-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

if you ask me.. im more excited about the world of warcraft expansion than any new system haha.. oh god im such a loser.

Old 09-26-2005, 09:51 AM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

oh.. one more comment from me..

PC games > all

Old 09-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #27
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

FPS PC Games > all

Old 09-26-2005, 10:47 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

PC Games > Everything.

Especially FPS Games, I can't aim with a joystick for the life of me. Give me a mouse ANYDAY and I'll kick your ***.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2005, 10:54 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ill stick with my cpu pc games are defiantly the best way to go, and as said FPS owns on cpu... for console its horrid to try to play them with the joysticks
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 12:03 AM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

All i know is best buy will have it the 22nd of November and everyone else will have it the 28th, we paid some BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIG bucks for that right.

PC>XBX>PS2>SNES>cube(for lack of games)

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 05:04 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
ill stick with my cpu pc games are defiantly the best way to go, and as said FPS owns on cpu... for console its horrid to try to play them with the joysticks
i find it hard to use the keyboard/mouse.

having forward/reverse and strafe combo on the left stick, and look/point on the right stick, and triggers(cause real guns dont use the enter button) just seems more natural.

i remember my quake1 days with my p100/32mb ram monster of a pc. i hated it cause with a keyboard youd look up, and youd barely flick the W key and it would already be at the ceiling. then that same flick on the X key would only bring the target recticle halfway, and the monster would be kicking your *** the whole time, prolly wondering "wtf is this guy looking at the ceiling for?" and the mouse sucked, well, cause at the time my pc was next to a door and the tracker ball was dirty 24/7. to me, a keyboard/mouse is good for typing anc clicking on pr0n, and thats about it.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2005, 10:00 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

i love the PC for gaming. Ghost Recon is Awesome on the computer. rented it once for the PS2 and took it back the same day. not even the same game. And there is such a wide variety of gaming. I love it...im anxious for the WoW expansion too.

and FPS is even better with the Zboard keyboard
oh look your normal old keyboard
[IMG]
hmm whats this

wow the gaming board

then i got the THX certified 4.1 surround and really nice dual 17" Flat panel LCDs to play on.

still prefer PS2 when it is console gaming though

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar