Texas Longhorns - Page 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-08-2010, 08:00 AM   #141
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: Texas Longhorns

**** 'em long whores.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 08:46 AM   #142
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

What does Texas and the beach have in common?

Neither of them look so good when the Tide Rolls over them.
Old 01-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #143
Registered Member
Regular

LOL, thats funny and I give props to the tide for winning. I honestly believe it would have been a different game if Mccoy wouldnt have got hurt but whatever he did and Alabama won.
Advertisement

Old 01-08-2010, 09:41 AM   #144
Registered Member
Regular

I went back and read some of the post that I haven't seen yet. One thing I can't stand is people that talk **** about players and teams. I played football in high school and obviously wasnt good enough to play in college or even get on tv, probably just like 90% or more of the people on this forum. I like football, Alabama is a good team, Texas is a good team, Boise state is a good team, they are all good teams and I bet none of these dumb **** ******** that posted their stupidity on here could do any better than the worst college team.
Old 01-08-2010, 10:45 AM   #145
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Hook 'em!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #146
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Florida

first off congrats to bama for pullin it off! ROLL TIDE!

now props to "true freshman" Gilbert for coming through and almost tying it up. kids got what it takes, and for him to play as well as he did against the number one team in the nation, i've got a feeling this isn't the last time we'll see him. unfortunate for McCoy, like he said on his postgame interview, it wasn't that he wasn't hurt, he just had no feeling in his arm. it was a normal hit that he has taken so many times. So texas did really awesome for the situation they were put in.

00' Mustang : totaled
06' Mustang : DD
83' AMC Spirit GT: Weekend Warrior
BIG_K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 12:06 PM   #147
Regular

Gilbert did impress me once he settled down a bit. You gotta love that Alabama defense though.

Reddit
Old 01-08-2010, 09:27 PM   #148
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

HOOK EM! To bad we didnt get to see a real game,sad that Colt got taken out but the young unexperienced QB did a excellent job against Bama.NO regrets but how would this game have played out if there was a Colt in there? I'm the 1st one to say a W is a W but yall barely "rolled tide" over a rookie,nervous QB.Congrats to Bama but when Colt went out in the 1st im sure there was alot of Bama fans saying its in the bag,just like I was.Anyways congrats to Bama and.......Hook em Horns!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2010, 09:45 PM   #149
Regular

Bama has more depth than Texas so we won. This what if crap is so annoying. What if Hightower didn't get hurt at the beginning of our season and he was playing next to McClain? We can play what if games all day long.

Texas is a great team but lost for a reason.

Reddit
Old 01-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #150
Regular
Supporter

They lost because they had a rookie unexperienced QB.Its not a what if game its a fact.Can you not say that it would have been a totally different came with Colt? Like I said a W is a W,im not debating that.

Bama is a great team but they won for a reason.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:24 AM   #151
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DDTCM View Post
They lost because they had a rookie unexperienced QB. Its not a what if game its a fact. Can you not say that it would have been a totally different came with Colt? Like I said a W is a W,im not debating that.
They lost because they didn't have depth and relied on one player to carry their entire offense.

Alabama has depth. They don't rely on one player to carry the entire team.

Texas gave up 4 TD's to two different running backs who also both had 100+ rushing yards. They also gave up a Defensive TD on a terrible play call.

Quote:
Bama is a great team but they won for a reason.
They won because they have depth, like I said.

Like I said, if you want to play the 'if Colt didn't get hurt' game, then I'll play it too. What if Donte Hightower doesn't get hurt early on in the season. That just makes our defense that much better against Texas.

Reddit
Old 01-09-2010, 10:37 AM   #152
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Alabama quarterback Greg McElroy reveals he suffered two cracked ribs against Florida - ESPN

Enough of the whining. Like Brent said, that's what happens when you place the fate of your entire team in a single player.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 10:46 AM   #153
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

All this what if reminds me of something my dad always says about ifs...

"If your aunt had testicles, she'd be your uncle."
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 01:55 PM   #154
Regular
Supporter

Who said we were counting on one single player? Like I said its not a what if.I said a W is W and it is what it is and I give them all the credit for winning but Im still saying it would have been a different game w/Colt.You dont know me so you are thinking I'm whinning when Im not.I am making my opinion about how that game would have played out if we had our QB. Answer this....Did you once read that I said Tx was going to win or we would have beat Bama if we had Colt?

When was the last time yall had "Depth".......17 yrs ago?
Old 01-09-2010, 02:43 PM   #155
Regular

Quote:
Who said we were counting on one single player?
Me.

Quote:
Like I said its not a what if.I said a W is W and it is what it is and I give them all the credit for winning but Im still saying it would have been a different game w/Colt.You dont know me so you are thinking I'm whinning when Im not.I am making my opinion about how that game would have played out if we had our QB. Answer this....Did you once read that I said Tx was going to win or we would have beat Bama if we had Colt?
What is the point of saying the game would have been different if Colt didn't get hurt? The game would be different if Alabama had Donte Hightower. So what?

Quote:
When was the last time yall had "Depth".......17 yrs ago?
When was the last time ya'll had a defense or played more than 2 hard teams a year? If Alabama played in the Big 12 we'd be seeing a lot more National Championship trips.....

Reddit
Old 01-09-2010, 02:55 PM   #156
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Me.

What is the point of saying the game would have been different if Colt didn't get hurt? The game would be different if Alabama had Donte Hightower. So what?

When was the last time ya'll had a defense or played more than 2 hard teams a year? If Alabama played in the Big 12 we'd be seeing a lot more National Championship trips.....

Answering a question with a question? Defense?? who got sacked 6 times that game?

My original question was never answered.Did you ever read that I said Tx was gonna beat Bama before or after Colt was hurt?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #157
Registered Member
Regular

He's right. The game would have been different. Alabama wouldn't have been overconfident, lazy, and conservative at the beginning of the second half under the assumption that the game was as good as won. They would have kept the hammer down the whole time much like they did when Texas rallied back to within three and the final score would have been 74 to 42.

I'm giving Texas the benefit of the doubt that they would have scored 42 with colt in the game even though he wasn't impressive at all against Nebraska. And let's not forget that our star player is a sophomore and Gilbert was considered the premier quarterback prospect of 2009. It's not as if he is some scrub and it's entirely possible he had a better game than McCoy would have.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 06:53 PM   #158
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Didn't bama say they only lost their bowl game last year because one of their defensive lineman was an idiot and was not eligible?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:59 PM   #159
Regular
Supporter

Under all the pressure I think that young kid Gilbert did a incredible job.Imagine how much stress that kid was taking on.They did the right thing by pulling Colt out,they were lookin at his future and not just this game but it would have been a even better game if everyone had their key players in.All in all it was exciting to watch for us Tx fans.Seeing Colt get knocked out then pullin close and then (flushing noise) right down the crapper,lol.I enjoyed the game even though we lost and I will continue to say.......................HOOK EM!
Old 01-09-2010, 07:01 PM   #160
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Didn't bama say they only lost their bowl game last year because one of their defensive lineman was an idiot and was not eligible?
Is that true Brent? Seriously?
Old 01-09-2010, 08:05 PM   #161
Registered Member
Regular

I don't know what other people say, but my opinion is that bama lost their bowl game last year because their heart wasn't in it. After being the number 1 team the entire last half of the season they lost a really close game to florida and their championship aspirations. People will tell you that Alabama should have won and blah blah bad calls, but the fact is that they lost. The sec championship against Florida was a much bigger game than the honorable mention bowl against a nobody team. I wish they had sucked it up and played like a championship caliber team like Florida did in their bowl game this year, but I'm sure many of the players felt the same way I did in that they already lost the game that mattered.

No excuses, bama lost their bowl game because they played ****ty for whatever reason. I don't believe "bama" can honestly tell you any different. But I'm sure some rabid fans will.
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 08:17 PM   #162
Regular

Quote:
Is that true Brent? Seriously?
My name isn't Bama so I don't now.

It did hurt to lose Andre Smith. Just like it hurt to lose McCoy. We didn't have the depth last year we had this year. Depth is important in football. Our offensive line relied on Andre Smith too much last year. This year it didn't rely on one player.

Reddit
Old 01-09-2010, 08:32 PM   #163
Regular
Supporter

Look at the Bears a few years back,they got to the superbowl because of their defense so I Agree about not relying on one player but one player can make a team play harder and better.Case in point Lebron James and the Cavs.Look what he did to that team and what he continues to do.
Old 01-09-2010, 09:23 PM   #164
Regular

Basketball is a different beast though. You only have 5 starters total. There are 22 starters on one football team.

Reddit
Old 01-09-2010, 10:00 PM   #165
Regular
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Basketball is a different beast though. You only have 5 starters total. There are 22 starters on one football team.
I understand that Im just using it as a example of how a player can motivate his team to rise up and be the best they can be in anysport.Look how crazy Ray Lewis gets his ravens hyped up.Not that the Ravens are a powerhouse just saying when he gets going he motivates them to do the same.I dont follow Bama but after watching that star R.B. yall have play with his amazing speed bursts and the way he cuts and just explodes in another direction it made me want to check out more Bama games just to watch him run.
Old 01-09-2010, 11:45 PM   #166
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

not a fan of that nick saban
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 10:15 AM   #167
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana

Quote:
Originally Posted by upton7 View Post
not a fan of that nick saban
me neither. no matter how much people and media hate him because he an *** to everyone. he has definitely proved himself as a damn good football coach bringing two poor teams (LSU and Alabama) and made them champions!
07gt. sct 93octane custom tune,bbk cold air intake,kooks LT headers,o/r x-pipe,borla stingers, ford racing 3.73 gears,19" tsw wheels,eibach sportline lowering springs, 12k hid headlights, clear turn signal lens, cdc upper and lower billet grille.
07stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2010, 03:20 PM   #168
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I think much of the reason why Bama was a poor team for a few years is because we were ditching coaches for new ones every second season. A coach can't build a complete program in one season and Bama puts a lot of stress on it's coaches because it has had some of the all time greats like Bear. Just like the Broncos will not ever be happy for many more years with any QB after having Elway.

Though, to Saban's credit, he did just that.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
texas