Alabama Governor calls for boycott of Aruba - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-08-2005, 12:52 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Alabama Governor calls for boycott of Aruba

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,174934,00.html

Quote:
Gov. Bob Riley called for a nationwide travel boycott of Aruba on Tuesday until authorities on the Dutch Caribbean island cooperate more fully with the family of a teenager who has been missing since May.

Riley asked the governors of the other 49 states to join him in urging a boycott of Aruba on behalf of the family of Natalee Holloway, the 18-year-old Mountain Brook High graduate last seen on the island on May 30.

Her mother, Beth Holloway-Twitty, joined Riley at the Alabama Capitol for the boycott announcement. She contends Aruban authorities have failed to adequately investigate the possible murder of her daughter, who was with a Dutch teenager and two Surinamese brothers on the night she disappeared.

The young men were held for a time but have been released.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 12:59 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois
Send a message via MSN to Warfire80
Re: Alabama Governor calls for boycott of Aruba

I disagree with what he is trying to do, how do you just up and boycott traveling to a city that is a major tourist destination

Quote:
by Lawrence Bell
Show me a man who cannot bother to do little things and I'll show you a man who cannot be trusted to do big things
Warfire80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 01:03 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

it probably wont happen...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2005, 01:53 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas
it probably wont happen...
yup, doubtful
Old 11-08-2005, 02:09 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

I kinda of agree But Aruba is one hell of a party!!!! Been there twice playing paintball tournaments

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2005, 06:03 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Guys she is doing the only thing she can do. Hell the Aruban Government has screwed this up bad. They have the kids lying on tape. They have the father judge telling them without a body there will be no conviction. The Dutch should lock up all the families involved and beat them with canes till they tell the truth.

Aruba blows
Old 11-08-2005, 10:10 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Aruba is sucking it up, but consider this...
What's going on in Aruba would be like a murder taking place in Mayberry.
They don't have much experience with major crimes like that, and now the world's eye is on them and they're fumbling. No excuse but still, it's like Barney Fife trying to investigate a murder.
Old 11-09-2005, 12:35 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

wheres the "boycott for stupid girls" who, if they had half a brain, wouldnt be in the situations theyre in?

i personally believe that the arubans should investigate as they see fit, as if it was one of their own, which if that was the case, theyd be put on a list and if they dont turn up, oh well. just cause its an american girl doesnt mean the whole island needs to give a **** and stop what theyre doing to look for some dumb girl. once you step off american soil, you shouldnt expect much in terms of your rights in another country as youre used to in america.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:13 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

im boycotting New York, LA, D.C., and Miami. People are missing from those places to

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 06:21 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
wheres the "boycott for stupid girls" who, if they had half a brain, wouldnt be in the situations theyre in?

i personally believe that the arubans should investigate as they see fit, as if it was one of their own, which if that was the case, theyd be put on a list and if they dont turn up, oh well. just cause its an american girl doesnt mean the whole island needs to give a **** and stop what theyre doing to look for some dumb girl. once you step off american soil, you shouldnt expect much in terms of your rights in another country as youre used to in america.

I completely disagree with you. If a Island like Aruba is a favorite destination of American tourist spending millions if not billions on there stinking little hole on this earth they better give a damn about our kids there. This is not Costa Rica or Haiti for christ sake. There are no rebel forces that will kidnap or murder you for being American.

No if you want to be a Island destination of Americans you better be able to provide some level of security. Other places do it. What is at the heart of this is the fact that the main suspects have continued to lie about there involvement and are getting away with nurder.

I find it strikingly hypocritical is guys going to a island for fun and sex and think nothing of it. But because she is a girl she is stupid or a slut for wanting to go for fun and sex.
Old 11-09-2005, 02:09 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I completely disagree with you. If a Island like Aruba is a favorite destination of American tourist spending millions if not billions on there stinking little hole on this earth they better give a damn about our kids there. This is not Costa Rica or Haiti for christ sake. There are no rebel forces that will kidnap or murder you for being American.

No if you want to be a Island destination of Americans you better be able to provide some level of security. Other places do it. What is at the heart of this is the fact that the main suspects have continued to lie about there involvement and are getting away with nurder.

I find it strikingly hypocritical is guys going to a island for fun and sex and think nothing of it. But because she is a girl she is stupid or a slut for wanting to go for fun and sex.
10000000% agree

Reddit
Old 11-09-2005, 02:40 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

Quote:
There are no rebel forces that will kidnap or murder you for being American.
Do some research, there are still villages who kidnap and enslave whites over there, not all of Aruba is a tourist attraction, only certain parts, and the rest of it, they dont give a **** what happens to tourists, only the people who make the money

Quote:
No if you want to be a Island destination of Americans you better be able to provide some level of security. Other places do it.
It isnt their duty, it isnt their job, they just want to make the money off of the Americans

Hell, even in Mexico, there are some great places in Mexico, but as a few of my friends say, stray away from those places, and youre screwed, they will mug you, take you for everything you have, and leave you stranded, and the police wont care

Quote:
She isnt stupid for going to aruba to get some *** and get drunk, she was rather stupid for going out there, alone, none of her friends there with her. I dont care how big i am, how masculine i am, how big my dick is, im having at least one friend there by my side untill im actually getting some ***. Going to a foriegn country solo is asking for problems

Just because we're American doesnt mean we get special treatment, the only reason we do is because we have money. Sadly enough, we're one of the most disrespectful and dirty cultures out there, not speaking in hygene, but in everything else. We have 10 year old girls with dartier mouths than i do, more people littering than god knows what, we're wasteful, and just rude...so dont pull the "we're americans and deserve the best" treatment, because respect goes both ways
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 03:05 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
Do some research, there are still villages who kidnap and enslave whites over there, not all of Aruba is a tourist attraction, only certain parts, and the rest of it, they dont give a **** what happens to tourists, only the people who make the money

It isnt their duty, it isnt their job, they just want to make the money off of the Americans

Hell, even in Mexico, there are some great places in Mexico, but as a few of my friends say, stray away from those places, and youre screwed, they will mug you, take you for everything you have, and leave you stranded, and the police wont care

She isnt stupid for going to aruba to get some *** and get drunk, she was rather stupid for going out there, alone, none of her friends there with her. I dont care how big i am, how masculine i am, how big my dick is, im having at least one friend there by my side untill im actually getting some ***. Going to a foriegn country solo is asking for problems

Just because we're American doesnt mean we get special treatment, the only reason we do is because we have money. Sadly enough, we're one of the most disrespectful and dirty cultures out there, not speaking in hygene, but in everything else. We have 10 year old girls with dartier mouths than i do, more people littering than god knows what, we're wasteful, and just rude...so dont pull the "we're americans and deserve the best" treatment, because respect goes both ways
Dude they are a service Island with nothing but tourism for their economy. They should treat all people with respect no matter where they are from so dont get all wishy washy with me. I am not a fan of loud mouth American tourist either.

As for being alone she was with a large group of people from the same highschool before splitting up to party with guys she had been around for a couple of days. The fact is she was alone with one guy when she went to the beach. Now tell me how many times do people walk on the beach romantically with a large group. Do you know how small Aruba is. It is around 20 miles by 5 miles. You should do your research before making that stupid statement about me doing my research. There are no villages that enslave people in Aruba. That makes me crack up. Your up to your same old arguing about crap like you always have. Why do you bring up American culture. Anywhere you go you will find bad people.

I have been in the worse places on earth and some great places and have never run into any trouble that was unwarranted. Oh by the way having been to over 40 countries in my 45 years I can say without a doubt WE ARE THE BEST!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aa-map.gif
Views:	86
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	11224  
Old 11-09-2005, 11:59 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:

"our" kids shouldnt be going there in the first place. you want "fun and sex" theres a million places on american soil to find it, ****, ill go to vegas for that kind of stuff before i step off american soil.

and obviously they dont give a **** about us if theyre security isnt good, which, if you havent noticed, the rest of the world doesnt give a **** either. which is why i say if you step off american soil, dont expect much. and, had a aruban gone missing in america, would we give a ****? **** no. wed do exactly what they did, put them on a list, sent a squad car out to the scene, and call it a day.

and i find any guy pathetic if he has to go off to another country for "fun and sex". like "dude, you gotta go to cancun for sex? thats like a 1000dollar plane ticket, 500 for room and board, **** that dude, i can get a prostitute for 100 bucks if i seriously had to". i find any girl that does that just as pathetic and dumb. which is prolly why im single, cause i find 99% of the girls i know pathetic and dumb and find that if they had any common sense, they wouldnt be that way.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 12:08 AM   #15
Regular

Quote:
"our" kids shouldnt be going there in the first place. you want "fun and sex" theres a million places on american soil to find it, ****, ill go to vegas for that kind of stuff before i step off american soil.
Are you kidding me? Why should we not go there? It is a tourist destination. It is their job as a country that's main source of income is tourism to insure that the tourist that spend their money their are taken care of.

Quote:
and obviously they dont give a **** about us if theyre security isnt good, which, if you havent noticed, the rest of the world doesnt give a **** either. which is why i say if you step off american soil, dont expect much. and, had a aruban gone missing in america, would we give a ****? **** no. wed do exactly what they did, put them on a list, sent a squad car out to the scene, and call it a day.
Which is exactly why we send a message to them by not going there at all.

It is stupid to say that just because a young girl was mislead and murdered because she trusted someone that it is now acceptable that the country in which it happens in totally ****s up the murder investigation and let's cold blooded killers walk free.

That is NOT acceptable

Quote:
and i find any guy pathetic if he has to go off to another country for "fun and sex". like "dude, you gotta go to cancun for sex? thats like a 1000dollar plane ticket, 500 for room and board, **** that dude, i can get a prostitute for 100 bucks if i seriously had to".
It's called a vacation You should try it sometime... see the world maybe? To each his own though, I prefer to travel and see different places, party it up in Cancun.. why the hell not? Meet new people and just get away.

A vacation

Quote:
i find any girl that does that just as pathetic and dumb. which is prolly why im single, cause i find 99% of the girls i know pathetic and dumb and find that if they had any common sense, they wouldnt be that way.
It was a Senior trip with her friends and classmates.

A vacation.

Goddamn dude

Have you ever been to Aruba (Obviously note the way you talk about never leaving your driveway)

Well let me tell you it is a drop dead gorgous country as well as all the other surrounding countries. It is romantic and appealing to millions of people. I guess I am just the romatic type of guy? Like to get away with that special someone.. travel around.. be romantic...

I just find it disgusting the way some of you have talked about this girl

Reddit
Old 11-10-2005, 10:37 AM   #16
Road Trip!

the thing you have to realize, we cant just blame it all 100% on the people who did the crime, because the opportunity had to be presented. I personally wouldnt trust someone ive known for a few days to go hang out in the middle of nowhere, unless im packing something with me

while maybe Aruba *should* take more consideration into our safety, you have to realize that things are done differently there, the same way things are done differently between states, and cities. Hell, its like saying if i went to Baltimore City, and went to a particular strip of stores to shop at, and i spent *** loads of money, but someone mugs me, and i run off on a tangent saying because i spent so much money at the stores, i should be better protected.

To the people down in Aruba, we're just faceless americans with money. They dont sweat it if we get murded, as we wouldnt sweat it too much if an immigrant go murdered.
Old 11-10-2005, 10:50 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
which is prolly why im single, cause i find 99% of the girls i know pathetic and dumb and find that if they had any common sense, they wouldnt be that way.
you must be hanging around the wrong girls then, I know a lot of girls that are pretty, have amazing personalities, are smart, and have common sense.

Aruba not trying there best to find this girl is like a restaurant not giving a **** if your order is wrong. They are losing customers by not having their **** together. Granted, it was pretty dumb to go off with some sketchy Aruban guys without any friends, she still didn't deserve to be killed.
Old 11-10-2005, 12:17 PM   #18
Regular

Quote:
the thing you have to realize, we cant just blame it all 100% on the people who did the crime, because the opportunity had to be presented.
wow, I strongly disagree.

Reddit
Old 11-10-2005, 01:00 PM   #19
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
wow, I strongly disagree.
i also couldnt word it properly

kinda goes along the lines of someone having a purse, its open, and someone snatching something, if it were closed, it wouldnt be snatched

you also have to remember, theres a lot to the story we'll never know, media twists things, and people are going to lie, the only people that know are the people who did it, and its almost sensless to debate something that no one really knows anything about
Old 11-10-2005, 01:14 PM   #20
Regular

Well I do know that no one deserves what Natalie got

Reddit
Old 11-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #21
Road Trip!

I never said she did deserve it, no one deserves to die at the hands of another man
Old 11-10-2005, 01:34 PM   #22
Regular

Quote:
I never said she did deserve it, no one deserves to die at the hands of another man
I still believe that 100% of the blame lands on the person that killed her.

I just do not see how you can place any of it on Natalie. Just because she trusted someone and made a wrong decision does not take a ounce of blame off the person that killed her.

Reddit
Old 11-10-2005, 02:19 PM   #23
Road Trip!

But like i said, we dont know the full story, all the media is going to portray her as a perfect girl, and these murders are blood thirsty evil people, no matter the ordeal, who really knows what happened, she could have provoked something, or she could have really been 100% innocent, you never know, which makes it hard to debate
Old 11-10-2005, 02:55 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
But like i said, we dont know the full story, all the media is going to portray her as a perfect girl, and these murders are blood thirsty evil people, no matter the ordeal, who really knows what happened, she could have provoked something, or she could have really been 100% innocent, you never know, which makes it hard to debate
Are not all Premeditated Murders Blood thirsty evil people!!!!!
Old 11-10-2005, 03:21 PM   #25
Road Trip!

Quote:
Are not all Premeditated Murders Blood thirsty evil people!!!!!
Yeah, some are hungry for flesh also.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Tags
alabama