Music.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-05-2009, 05:03 AM   #1

Music..

In real life I am a Trans Manager for a company.. Outside of that I have been a DJ for more than 20years..
So I LOVE all music Genre's..

So here is the questions:

When you get into your Mustang (not just any car) what do you listen to:

1) While Commuting to/from work.:

2) When you just need to let it go:

For me, Commuting to work I tend to wind up with some M Manson, Zep, early Aerosmith, NiN..

Going home from work.. Journey, Starship, Steely Dan, Elvis Costello and Queen..

When I am off and have the need for speed and to cut loose (works on the Bike as well) .. Nickleback, Kid Rock, Linkin Park, ACDC, Godsmack, Seether..

"The measure of man is what he does with power" -Pittacus 569 BC
tukibandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-05-2009, 11:11 AM   #2
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas
Re: Music..

1.SLAYER!
2.SLAYER!
But seriously.....SLAYER! I like all kinds, metal to "The Frank" it just depends on what im doing or my mood.I really love classical acoustic guitar.Still like some hip hop but it has gotten really crappy over the past 5 yrs or so.Oh yeah.....I was being serious about SLAYER!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 12:02 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Wisconsin

Mainly hard rock, classic rock, some metal...depends on the mood...

1. While I'm actually going somewhere or when I drove 35 miles to school everyday :
Old school rock like CCR, Hendrix, Blackfoot, Zeppelin, Ozzy, CSN&Y, etc.

2. When I'm out hauling *** or cruising around with my buddies it's all hard rock/metal:
Korn, Slipknot, Seether, SOAD, Breaking Benjamin, Tool, Linkin Park, Disturbed, Mudvayne, Godsmack, etc.

Mainly rock and metal, that's what I grew up on...occasionally some rap, but not very much. All this is listened to via the Ipod to the Mach 460

12 Black GT500 SVT PP l VMP TVS l JLT123 l O/R X l 28x11.50Rx15 M/T Street R's l BMR Suspension l Recaros

03 Sonic Blue 3.8 / 17 Magnetic Fusion Sport 2.7 EB
sonicpony03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2009, 02:51 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New York
Send a message via AIM to OsirisGuy

Whatever happens to be on the MP3 shuffle. The amount of music I listen to is unnatural. All time favorites would be RHCP, Eve 6, Sublime and then LBDA, and I will go on.

Lately though I've been in an Indie, Folk/Anti-Folk kick; basically artsie type like Oren Lavie.
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangaroo View Post
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

BBK CAI - Flowmaster Catbacks - Pro 5.0 Shifter
OsirisGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 06:58 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
Whatever happens to be on the MP3 shuffle. The amount of music I listen to is unnatural. All time favorites would be RHCP, Eve 6, Sublime and then LBDA, and I will go on.

Lately though I've been in an Indie, Folk/Anti-Folk kick; basically artsie type like Oren Lavie.
Don't know if you could listen to music to the point of it being unnatural .. Probably the only time I ain't got music in my ears, is when there is a Giants game on..
... And lately, the Giants..
Hopefully with them sitting OC and a few other starters, it will be a good game against Dallas.. Only problem is Romo has never lost in Giants Stadium, then again, it is historically his worst month to play..

Back to music..
I like Indie/Alt music.. Sometimes I get into a rut with it.. Good stuff/

Old 12-06-2009, 07:54 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i listen to music all the time.

anytime im in the car i put my iphone on the aux cord and listen to random. i also take public transportation to work and it goes without saying i listen to my iphone there as well.

in my apartment if im working, cooking, cleaning, just hanging out i usually listen to pandora radio either on my computer/laptop or i just use my iphone. i highly recommend pandora for all music lovers.

i love all music and i have a very wide range of taste. i mostly listen whatever reflects my mood. i do listen to classical time to time such as chopin, liszt and tchaikovsky, but mostly ill listen to stuff like rage against the machine, tool, zz top, muse, stone temple pilots, pearl jam, creedence clearwater revival, jack johnson, alice in chains, audioslave, lynyrd skynyrd, hendrix, bush, rise against, offspring, thrice, funeral for a friend, lamb of god, in flames, ACDC, notorious big, tupac, bone thugs and harmony, counting crows, and pink floyd. probably some others im missing, but those are some of my more favorite ones.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 09:54 AM   #7

I've got an iPod Touch that's always hooked into the USB jack on the SYNC system on this 2010. I really love that feature, being able to just tell the "*****-in-the-box" (as I call her) what artist or track or album I want to hear.

Classic Rock (70's and 80's) is my biggest choice...The Eagles, Boston, 38 Special, Foreigner, Journey, CCR, AC/DC, Zep, GNR, Van Halen, The Cure, etc, etc. I've been on a Boston kick here lately with the new Stang. It has been since '99 since I've had the pleasure of a daily driver Mustang, and I just really like Boston's tunes for getting you down the highway. "Hitch A Ride"...nice. The Eagles are one of my all time favorites though.

I'm also a Steely Dan fan and have got an entire box set loaded in there. I'm a fan of Chicago, as well.

Dave Matthews Band...a category to itself...takes me back to my college years 10-12 years ago. Ahhhh...

I've noticed that my Rock music pretty much fades into non-existent when you get into current rock bands. Hmmph.

I'm also not afraid to say that I have just as much Country loaded up as Rock. I'm from Kentucky...got a little redneck in me...I've got old school and new country. From Cash and Haggard, to Paisley and Urban, to Rascal Flatts and Lady Antebellum. There's even some bluegrass on there boys. I aint skeered of a banjo.

There's some James Taylor and there's some Jim Croce. (Some of the best folk guitar tunes ever cut, IMO)

There's even a little bit of Rap now and again, but don't get too excited. I'm really not that into it unless it's that old stuff...Run DMC, Sir-Mix-A-Lot, old Snoop...you know, all of the stuff that has been commercialized to death. Sometimes the mood just strikes. I like big butts, and I can not lie...

:drinkbud:
Old 12-06-2009, 02:29 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

I keep Firefox open all the time and I must have close to 15 tabs open just dedicated for music.

I have a an hour long 35+ mile commute so I spend about 10 hours a week in my car easily. Music is so integrated into my driving that even if I drive down the block I need music, and if there isn't any on it just feels weird.

As for the Giants *shakes head* although I'm not much prouder to say I'm more of a Jets fan.

I can certainly say that I can compare my playlists to many of yours.
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 12-07-2009, 04:48 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by OsirisGuy View Post
I keep Firefox open all the time and I must have close to 15 tabs open just dedicated for music.

I have a an hour long 35+ mile commute so I spend about 10 hours a week in my car easily. Music is so integrated into my driving that even if I drive down the block I need music, and if there isn't any on it just feels weird.

As for the Giants *shakes head* although I'm not much prouder to say I'm more of a Jets fan.

I can certainly say that I can compare my playlists to many of yours.
Hey, the Jets and the Giants pulled off some MUCH needed wins this week.. The Giants have never beat Romo in Giants Stadium until yesterday..
Some weird games yesterday.. Steelers lost to WHO? Then the Vikings went to AZ and lost there.. Some really good games.. TG for DirecTv, I have the applet on my computer so I can watch the Sunday ticket from anywhere..

The whole reason for this thread, was because I have a 27-mile commute, that takes 45-60 minutes each way..
I love Grunge in the am.. Rock or soft-rock on the way back..
I also have Flo-Rida in the system, like "Sugar" (I have the Mp4 Vid for that) Chick is HOT..
I mix it up if I am cruising.. Will get into everything, from Dean Martin, to REM and Rob Zombie..

Guess the one Mod I may do to the Mustang is re-do the whole sound system.. I mean the stocker is fine, but I want the Vid screen and some kicking power.. My DJ setup has 4000 watts to it, 2-18" Sub's.. I likes some power..

Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

im working on a different site right now and my commute takes about 45 minutes of public transportation. but when im working at my normal location, its a 10 mile commute that takes about an hour and 15 minutes each way. its a nightmare.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 08:10 AM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

in the mornings I dont feel like music generally and I dont have an mp3 hook up so I listen to some radio show~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 10:03 AM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Radio sucks here now. For a while we had O&A on KROCK which was nice but they changed formats so now the radio station is a Top 40 Billboard station. I now have no choice but either a CD or MP3 player.

Eventually I would like to do a whole car-puter deal, but that will be a project in the very distant future which I plan on doing from scratch.

I could not imagine a 10 mile commute that takes over an hour, but I'm lucky enough to go in the opposite direction of rush hour(s). As for public transportation, it sucks out here on the island. I could easily take a 45 minute train ride that leaves me right on campus but the station I'd have to leave from is in another town and won't lot me park there. The Town's parking garage was starting to deteriorate so they tore it down, oh, about a year ago to build a new one and it's still flat land. It is currently a fenced in park with all the grass growing. I could park at a train station before that stop but for the time I'd have to get up and commute their it's just easier to drive.

Although I'm not really a sports guy I saw the last minute of the Giants game and I know the Jets game was on Thursday but I didn't catch it.

My morning commute can get a little interesting; I'll be listening to Ingrid Michaelson one minute and then the Dead Kennedys the next. You want to get pumped for the day try listening to California Uber Alles at 7:30am
Quote:
OsirisGuy is right
2002 Mustang GT

Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama

I hit seek until I find a song that I know the lyrics to and then I SINGGGGGGG
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:08 PM   #14
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Whatever is on the radio.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 06:50 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas View Post
im working on a different site right now and my commute takes about 45 minutes of public transportation. but when im working at my normal location, its a 10 mile commute that takes about an hour and 15 minutes each way. its a nightmare.
Arlington.. I have about 15 trucks every day there and in Alexandria, not to mention about 20++ in DC.. If someone burps in that area, traffic backs up for miles..

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar