Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-10-2005, 12:23 AM   #1
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Other comments here: http://www.conflictingviews.com/foru...read.php?t=148

Alright, here's the deal. I created a WSAC on thefacebook, which is an online thing for college students. You can create groups, I'm guessing similar to myspace. I created it because of there is a Black Student Awareness Committee, and I figured if they can do it, so can we. There are other reasons as well.

They finally realized it, after my joke of an organization, which is just a group on an online community, almost has as many real members as their real organization. Here's is the bio of the group:

Description
Are you Caucasian? Do you need confirmation to make yourself aware of this fact? If so, this group can provide that service! We welcome members of all races. After all, confirmation from other races would be much more convincing.
-don't wanna step on anybody's toes...-

Group Info
Welcome to WSAC! There is already the BSAC (Black Student Awareness Committee), the AAO (Asian American Organization), the ICA (Indian something or other), and some other one, as most people know about, and quite frankly I feel left out. Don't you?
I hope this group doesn't offend anybody, it's just meant as a joke.

---------------------------------------

I am putting people against WSAC in red, people for in blue.
The argument starts with this:

Makeda Amarna Pinkney wrote
at 11:59am:

Though I applaud you for making an attempt to make people aware of the white race, it is imperative that you change your slogan because it is clearly a copy of the bsac slogan. I understand freedom of speech, but we have white awareness everyday. All of our history classes are white awareness and white appreciation. Now don't get me wrong I am not downing whites but you need to understand the basis on which such ethnic organizations are formed. There is not a uab recognized white awareness group because they are not the underrepresented minority, and if white people stop going to school here then maybe they will, but until then there will never be a wsac.



My response:
Nicholas David Jordan Simmons wrote
at 1:47pm:

This group is a joke, it says it's a joke, anybody in here will tell you it's a joke. I'm not trying to offend anybody. My slogan was 'clearly a copy of the bsac slogan' typos and random capitalization included, but has since been edited. Our history classes are no more white awareness and appreciation than they are black, middle eastern, hispanic or any other race. I know I've learned just as much about Nat Turner, Eli Whitney, and definitely MLK Jr. as I have Chrstopher Columbus and Alexander Graham Bell. There is no White Awareness Month, no White History class, no White Entertainment Television, or any other specific venue for us. Does the simple and unrelated fact that we are a majority preclude us from having awareness of ourselves? I understand that you are not downing whites, any more than I am downing blacks or BSAC in this group. It's a joke. Take it as one. I also understand the entire process of creating an official organization at UAB. It's no different for any organization, ethnic based or not. There is not a UAB recognized white awareness group, because nobody has taken those steps. I personally won't take those steps because I don't want to be viewed in a racist manner that I don't feel is an accurate portrayal of me or people who would be in such a group. I don't want people to see my name next to a 'white' organization because of the unfortunate negative connotations of such a thing. I can also understand how we might be the majority at school at UAB. I do see, however, that the demographics of the city of Birmingham is 24.07% White, 73.46% Black or African American. I agree with your last statement that there will probably never be a WSAC at UAB, and I feel that regardless of whether or not we ever become an 'underrepresented minority' it will be that way. This group isn't racist, I for sure am not racist, and I can say that every individual I have ever met in this group is not racist. It's just a joke, I understand where you might be coming from, and we can agree or disagree. The above points are mine and I would like to think they speak for the group as well. If you want to talk more, send me a message.



Danielle Kimbrough wrote
at 4:14pm:

Although, you may think of this group as a joke, it is totally offensive in every way. First of all, why did you choose to model your group after BSAC? I am very sure that you are unaware that you are degrading us by doing so. Let me commend you for quickly removing our slogan from the group. I am afraid that your demographics are very wrong. I am not sure what exactly you consider the "Birmingham area". Even so, what difference does it make. We live in a white society everyday. There is no need for White Entertainment Televison, White Class, or White Awareness Month. Because 80% of the televison networks are "white" networks, 11 months out of the year are "white" awareness months, and every history class is "white" class. Maybe you are the exception, but Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks are the only black people in my history books. You fail to realize that there are so many other Black Americans who have contributed to this society. But, yet, you are proud that you know the 3 names that you mentioned. You will never know how it feels to be the minority in this world. Maybe if would have had that experience, then this group would have never been created. You say the only reason that there isn't an official "white" organization is because no one has taken those steps, but if you are so proud to be "white" then why haven't you taken those steps? Although you may not think that creating this group is racist, it very much is. I challenge you and everyone in this group to come out to BSAC's meetings, forums, and events. I would absolutely love for you to participate in our knowledge bowl, since you know so much "black history". I hope to see you at our next meeting, Thursday, November 10th @ 7pm in HUC 411.



Jonathan Thomaston wrote
at 7:00pm:

I saw nothing in his argument claiming that he "[knew] so much black history". What would you do if we came out and won your knowledge bowl? I think that would be a pretty crazy occurrence. What about the rest of the months of the year and the other television stations makes them "white" awareness months and "white" networks? The group originated from our disgust at the BSAC's barbecue. Last year on the Rast Lawn, the BSAC had a barbecue that lasted from early in the afternoon until 9 o'clock. I don't know if they aren't aware that other people live there, but regardless of that fact, they shouldn't have been playing music that could be heard on the OTHER side of Rast until 9 p.m. This is college, people do study, and a party for recruitment for a club should not replace the studying environment that most students seek in their dorms. It took an African-American gentleman calling the police for the party to stop. If it had not been for the police, it probably would have continued on into the night. Explain the point of that cookout and the lack of respect for hundreds of students (on into the thousands if you count the Blount Hall residents that were affected), and I will give you some credit.


Nicholas David Jordan Simmons wrote
at 7:10pm:

I'll change the name to something other than WSAC if it offends you so much. BTW, I got my statistics from Wikipedia. If my demographics are wrong, so are the U.S. Census Bureau's demographics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham,_Alabama

You can also look at
http://birminghamal.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm
or
http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/01000.html
or
http://www.epodunk.com/cgi-bin/genIn...locIndex=11804.

I can find more if you wish.

WSAC isn't modeled after BSAC, the only relationship it has with BSAC is the "student awareness committee" part of the name. I have to disagree with your comment that 11 months out of the year are "white awareness months." I do remember in grade school learning about the "African American of the Day" for Black History Month, but do not recall ever hearing the same thing said for any individual of any other race. I also don't believe that every history class sticks to white people. I definitely disagree with you that MLK Jr and Rosa Parks were the only people in history books. I would almost guarantee that there are others in your history books, especially if they cover the time up to King Jr. and Rosa Parks. Just because I named only three people does not mean that they are the only ones I'm familiar with. I could name others. I don't pretend to know as much as there is to know, or even know as much as anybody else, but I am not ignorant. I don't want to get into an intellectual war with anybody about this, especially with the internet at our fingertips, it would be easy to appear all-knowing. Besides, this is just the internet. I've got nothing but respect for people in BSAC, and am sorry that our feelings can't be reciprocal. I do know what it feels like to be a minority. It's what it feels to be white boy living in Homewood. I've also traveled to other countries, so I do have an idea. I went so far as to obtain a request by an organization for recognition by UAB, but decided not to fill it out, for the reasons I explained in my previous comment.


Makeda Amarna Pinkney wrote
at 9:00pm:

Jonathan, in response to your comment about the barbecue last year, we have a 2 barbecues every year and they are always on the rast-blount quad, and they always last for about 3-4 hours and we usually have music lasting the entire time, however, due to the fact that the barbecue had to be rescheduled to the week of finals we were forced to turn off the music when quiet hours began, at 8pm, in respect for those who were trying to study. We were not at all trying to be a nuisance, we were only trying to give students a little bit of a break before finals. We apologize if we kept you from studying hard. But on another note, we encourage you to come out to our meetings, we are not a secret, closed, society that is only accepting of black students, we are open to everyone. When you come to the meetings you should voice your opinion on where we should hold events and what you feel would be more considerate. We will listen because without student service fees, that you and ALL students are paying, we would not be able to do the things that we do.



Andrew Baxley wrote
at 9:10pm:

Well the music may have been cut off at 8 but everybody stayed out on the Rast lawn for awhile after that. The music may not have been on but there was plenty of noise to distract anybody from being able to study. Like Jonathan mentioned, a certain African American had to call the police to come and make everybody leave. And if I am paying for your organization to have those little events, I feel that I have the right to be in a WSAC group and it not be considered racist by people in the group that I fund. This group is open to all races, just like the BSAC, and to call it racist is an ignorant statement.



Danielle Kimbrough wrote
at 11:39pm:

First of all, NO policemen ever came to our BBQ last year and shut it down. I am sure that you never complained about other events that occured in the area. You may not know that you are being racist, but it is clear by your ignorant comments that you are. I don't understand how you think that this group is a joke. How dare you degrade an organization such as the BLACK STUDENT AWARENESS COMMITTEE. We excel beyond all expectations. How could you offend an organization that brings so many positive things to this campus? What events have you attended? I'm sure, NONE! If you are so proud of your race, then I challenge you to move forward with trying to establish this on campus. I am positive that it will never pass. You should never talk about things that you don't know about. I promise you, BSAC is NOT the group to mess with. On behalf of the Executive Board of the BLACK STUDENT AWARENESS COMMITTEE, we would love to chit chat with the creator, officers, and any members who feel so passionately about this. We feel you have a lot to learn about our culture. It is imperative that you learn to live PEACEFULLY in this society with us, because we are here to stay, just like you. And finally, for future references DO NOT refer to us as BLACK SAC -- strictly BSAC or the BLACK STUDENT



Andrew Baxley wrote
at 11:54pm:

HAHA. Wow. Where to start? First of all I never degraded your organization. I am proud of your accomplishments on campus and commend you for it. And where did u get BLACK SAC from? I've never heard anybody even use that. Also, we never tried to mess with the BSAC. You are the one who is getting all pissy about something that should be taken as a joke. And where do u come from threatening somebody? Violence is not the answer. And what's with all this "it is imperitive that you learn to live PEACEFULLY in this society with us" stuff from. Who said we were not living peacefully. I haven't seen anything that would make me think otherwise. And with the whole making the WSAC an offical organization thing, the reasons for not have already been mentioned in an earlier conversation. So yes, you are right. The WSAC will never be an organization.



Jessica Altice wrote
at 9:06am:

Well, I'm not really sure where to start. I am a member of the BSAC executive board and I have been blown away by the recent discussions on this board. I think that maybe sometimes people forget why BSAC exists. We are definately the minority on campus and we are just fighting to have our voices heard. We do live in a white society regardless of what you may think. We are discriminated against everyday and we are not truly seen as equals on this campus by many people. Expain why there has not been a black Miss UAB since I have been here, or why most of the band auxillary and cheerleading squad is white, why are most student organizations run by white students, but yet and still the football and basketball teams are covered with black faces. I have no problem with white people because as you can see, I am part white myself but I refuse to sit back and have people think they know all about my race or my organization without any justification. Did you know that we participate in Feed the Need, visiting the Civic Center Nursing home, collecting clothes for the Katrina benefit and Into the Streets. We do all of this while creating programs that we hope will benefit all students on campus like our financial seminar, halloween party, documentaries, open forums, and our bbq's. The only reason we have the bbq at the rast/blount quad is to make it more convenient for students in housing. But if you have a problem with that then come and voice your opinion because we welcome all people. And you may have seen some police officers there but I assure you, they were there during the daytime hours and I was having a personal conversation with one of them and he never said anything about our music. And just for the record, when I took History 120 and 121, there was only one section in my book about black history and the civil rights movement. My teacher, a white man, took it upon himself to teach us about the accomplishments of blacks in America and I thank him for that. Since the choosen history books will never teach us about our heritage other than slavery that is why we have an African American Studies Departement. And yes we do have BET and UPN because other networks refuse to admit to our existence in society. Most shows have a token black person if they have that; for example Friends, Road Rules, Real World, Sex in the City, Gilmore Girls, Reba, Desperate Housewives, The OC, Joey, Will and Grace, and the list goes on and on. So please do not comment on the two stations where I get to see people who look like me. But you are more than welcome to attend any BSAC meetings or activities. As said before, we meet today at 7 pm in HUC 411.


Andrew Baxley wrote
at 9:40am:

I'm still not seeing where you are seeing that me or any other of the people posting on this issue have said that we know all about your race. And yes, I did know that the BSAC did all those things and I am glad that the BSAC does those things. I was only commenting on another comment made about the bbq, and yes, there were cops inside Rast after many complaints where made by residents at Rast and the night person at the desk called them. I was down in the lobby when the cops showed up. In my history class now, my teacher covers African American related events in history everyday. Again this discussion started over somebody complaining about the WSAC and not about complaining about the BSAC. So, stop all the "your attacking the BSAC" and "how dare you offend the BSAC" stuff cause it's not true.


Nicholas David Jordan Simmons wrote
at 4:08pm:

I understand that the students BSAC was created to represent probably are the minority on this campus. I don't have any figures or know where to find any, but it doesn't really matter. I believe yall are the minority. I personally have never and will never look down on any member of another race for their race. That's ludicrous. People can't help what race they are. I myself am not all white. Shocker there, huh? I can't explain why there hasn't been a black Miss UAB (I couldn't tell you who any of the Miss UABs were). I would have to assume the majority of the cheerleading squad and band, etc is white because, as you pointed out, whites are the majority on campus. I don't think that's a racism issue there. Just simple laws of probability. Once again, I can't explain the black majority on the athletic squads. That's a talent thing, and I'd once again have to assume that more black people have talent for the particular sports than whites. I don't feel that is racist. I want UAB to win in sports, regardless of who is on the team, white, black, brown, etc. I have no problem with people of any race, I have as many black friends where I'm from as I do white.

I know that BSAC participates in many different philanthropic projects. I think that is awesome that the organization does that, and I commend you. I am also aware of the other programs that BSAC sponsors and puts together. Once again, I think it is awesome and commend you for that. WSAC isn't real. It's a facebook joke, so we can't say that we do or have done such great things. I think individually, many of our members participate in many programs and projects, but WSAC does not as a group, because we are not a group.

I understand the premise of your bbq, and think it is a good idea. Perhaps last year it wasn't enjoyed by everybody because of the forced reschedule. Finals week just really isn't a good week for anything, but if you had no choice, then nobody can fault you for that. I'm sure there were hundreds of people who DID enjoy the bbq.

Back to Black history, I appreciate black history every single day. I know that without blacks, a whole lot of what we take for granted today and everyday would not be here. I almost feel like yall have been assuming that simply because we are white we have no respect for any other race. I assure you that that is far from the truth. If I wrote a history book (not that I'm nearly qualified, haha) it would not have a black history section. Before you get mad about that, let me explain why. It's because I wouldn't separate the sections like that. I would have individuals, regardless of race or gender or any of that, fit into history where they belong chronologically. I think it's ridiculous that there is a black history section in any textbook that is separate from the rest of the book.

I see exactly what you mean about token black people in television shows. I don't mind that there is a BET. If I'm flippin channels, I might watch it for a while if I like a comedian or a song that is on. I don't feel like I'm not allowed to watch it. I don't think you should feel like you have to watch it. It's just TV. I didn't know UPN was a network tailored to African-Americans. Maybe that's not what you meant, I'm not quite sure. I watch UPN as well if I'm interested in what is on.

I think people put way too much emphasis on race in today's society.


Nicholas David Jordan Simmons wrote
at 12:03am:

OK, I was going to wait. But I can't help it any longer. You proclaim to know so much about black history, and even mentioned specifically how "proud [I was that I knew] the 3 names that [I] mentioned," BUT you completely failed to even notice the names or read them.

Did you know that Eli Whitney was a Caucasian individual?



David Farr wrote
at 10:58am:

regarding mr. & miss uab, majority of the students who even apply for it are white. when i was a finalist in 2003 there were 3 white, 1 indian, and 1 black finalist. there were also 2 black people who interviewed me. have u ever thought that most student organizations are run by white students could be because more white students join clubs other than the NAACP or the BSAC? or do u know the demographics of who tries out for cheerleaders? anyone can join the band. just because more blacks choose not to means that its b/c of the white man holding them down right? have u ever thought about the fact that this country is only 15% black might be reflected in the shows u see on tv?


Rockell Pankey wrote
at 12:16pm:

For clarification purposes:
Allow me to introduce myself.I am a fellow peer to many people that are members of this group. I see a lot of them in my science classes and labs. I am also an executive board member of the Black Student Awareness Committee. I just want everyone to know that I understand that you believe this group to be some kind of joke, but I notice that the profile was updated to a different name. If it remains that way, I commend you for trying to abolish the current problem of offending organizations such as BSAC.To Nicholas: You may be real smug right now knowing that a fellow member of BSAC has made a minuscule mistake by saying that you know at least 3 black contributors to this country when you referred to Eli Whitney, who was a white man. But, know that she was so upset that she only skimmed what your response was and retaliated b/c she felt attacked. This is not a competition of wits, it is a discussion about why we feel offended. To David: You may be correct in saying that a lot of the black students do not participate in activities other than BSAC or NAACP. But, there are students, such as myself that do indeed participate in all types of committees and organizations outside of my race. By no means is anyone implying that "the white man is holding them down". That is ridiculous. The point trying to be made is that when the few qualified black students applied for the Mr. or Ms. UAB position, there were those that believed they should have gotten the title b/c of their great accomplishments and involvement on campus. To Jonathan: I encourage you to attend our knowledge bowl and to win. In fact, I encourage everyone to come out to all of our events and to participate in our activities. To all: We are all mature enough to agree that not everyone knows everything there is to know about history, be it black or white.We can all learn from one another and our past, so let's not argue. Since none of you attended our meeting last night, I hope you do attend future meetings b/c BSAC is not just for black students.Didn't mean to offend anyone if I have : )


David Farr wrote
at 3:02pm:

my comments about "the white man holding them down" were tongue in cheek. it's just that the statements that was responding to were completely ignorant. everyone who makes finalist for mr. & ms. uab is already overly involved on campus. the winners are chosen based on their final interview, and not their resume. my point is that just because a black person hasnt won it in few years doesnt mean that the competition is racist. saying that most student orgs at uab are chaired by white people is a pointless statement. race has nothing to do w/ the homecoming or entertainment committee chairs.


Nicholas David Jordan Simmons wrote
at 4:35pm:

I wouldn't say I'm smug. I do find it funny however. I don't know why she felt attacked. Nobody here is attacking anybody, well except for that whole "I promise you, BSAC is NOT the group to mess with." part. I would apologize if I felt I had attacked anybody, but I haven't.
The name has been changed. We'd like to keep the "SAC" part of the name, if that's alright with everybody else, of course. We had no intention of offending anybody, and to my knowledge BSAC is, or was, the only organization who took any offense to our group. Thank you Rockell for posting such a level headed response.


Danielle Kimbrough wrote
at 4:46pm:

Never did I once "threaten" you or your little facebook group. If that's the way you took it, then oh well, I personally could care less. BSAC is not the only group who did or would have taken offense to this group. But we are the most vocal because of the simple fact you used our organization's motto and copied our acronym. For the other guy's comments about Mr. & Mrs. UAB: you will never understand. The comments you made are merely anything other than excuses. I will personally disregard some of the ignorant comments that have been made, because you or your race will never understand how it feels to be a underrepresented minority. Again, BSAC appreciates the name change and the removing of our motto.


Andrew Baxley wrote
at 5:00pm:

Well your comment was very much taken as a threat, but don't worry no serious thought was taken from it. And if there are other groups who are offended by this group, please invite them to post their opions about it. And the "excuses" sounded pretty logical to me. How can the committee be racist against black applicants if there where in fact black judges at the interview? Unless they were also "in on it". The ignorant comments were made about some of your reasoning about this group not you or anybody else of your race. So that whole "your race will never understand how it feels to be an underrepesented minority" thing really doesn't apply to why the statements are considered ignorant.


Danielle Kimbrough wrote
at 5:14pm:

Again, I will desregard you ignorant comments.
(Got spell check?? )
-------------------------------------

That's it so far. I know it's a lot to read. But seriously, have you ever met people so ignorant? They tell me the U.S. Census Bureau is wrong (they may not be perfect, but they aren't wrong about Birmingham, AL demographics. I live here.) They tell me their history book has only two blacks in it.

Give me a break!

I would also like to add that there are several African-Americans in WSAC, and many have joined in on the joke. Too bad some people can't take a joke that's only offensive if you try reeeaaalll hard, imo.

More info, Rast and Blount are dorms on campus at UAB, where I go to school, and me and Jonathan used to live in Rast, last year.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2005, 12:29 AM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

I am sick of the blacks that think they are still be oppressed and deserve something more than idea just because they are a different color.
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

In response to all the 'copycat' comments, I've changed the name to WSAC - White Scholar Appreciation Commission instead of White Student Awareness Committe.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 11-10-2005, 01:40 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Danielle Kimbrough wrote
at 4:14pm:
Although, you may think of this group as a joke, it is totally offensive in every way. First of all, why did you choose to model your group after BSAC? I am very sure that you are unaware that you are degrading us by doing so. Let me commend you for quickly removing our slogan from the group. I am afraid that your demographics are very wrong. I am not sure what exactly you consider the "Birmingham area". Even so, what difference does it make. We live in a white society everyday. There is no need for White Entertainment Televison, White Class, or White Awareness Month. Because 80% of the televison networks are "white" networks, 11 months out of the year are "white" awareness months, and every history class is "white" class. Maybe you are the exception, but Martin Luther King, Jr. and Rosa Parks are the only black people in my history books. You fail to realize that there are so many other Black Americans who have contributed to this society. But, yet, you are proud that you know the 3 names that you mentioned. You will never know how it feels to be the minority in this world. Maybe if would have had that experience, then this group would have never been created. You say the only reason that there isn't an official "white" organization is because no one has taken those steps, but if you are so proud to be "white" then why haven't you taken those steps? Although you may not think that creating this group is racist, it very much is. I challenge you and everyone in this group to come out to BSAC's meetings, forums, and events. I would absolutely love for you to participate in our knowledge bowl, since you know so much "black history". I hope to see you at our next meeting, Thursday, November 10th @ 7pm in HUC 411.
i find it funny that she is talking about being offensive, then goes on to say "There is no need for White Entertainment Televison, White Class, or White Awareness Month. Because 80% of the televison networks are "white" networks, 11 months out of the year are "white" awareness months, and every history class is "white" class." last time i checked, white television wasnt called WET. and yes its mostly white history, because throughout time, since the greek and roman empires(save for what went on in china that was the same from 2000bc to almost 1500ad), whites have been the ones who have done everything, from greek to roman empires, from middle ages to reniassance to industrial revolutions, to revolutions and civil wars and everything in between. what the hell has africa been doing the past 4000 years? absolutely nothing. theyre still doing nothing. a great history teacher once told me, "if you dont like the history youre learning about, go out and make your own". history is the one subject where ANYONE can be a part of.

and then she goes on to say "you will never know how it feels to be the minority in this world. Maybe if would have had that experience, then this group would have never been created. You say the only reason that there isn't an official "white" organization is because no one has taken those steps, but if you are so proud to be "white" then why haven't you taken those steps?"

so in her words, shes trying to say if you had been a minority, this group wouldn not have been created. if thats so, then why is there a bsac in the first place, if they were a minority, why do they feel the need in the first place. this girl is a dum**** when it comes to english. that makes no sense whatsoever. i could see if youre a minority the need for a awareness comitte, but blacks are NOT a minority anymore. if they didnt feel the need to seperate themselves from the rest of the world(aka africa the past 4k years) then we wouldnt have this discussion. blacks are NOT a minority anymore. if anybody is a minority its white people. guess nobody has been to cali. i havent seen a billboard with english written text in years. every sign i see(exit, entrance, left, right, etc) the main text is spanish with the smaller text to the side being english.

i challenge you danielle to come to WSAC meeting. i guarantee that while most of us "white" folk know of 3 black names in history, i bet you couldnt come up with 2, since white history class just doesnt appeal to you.

----------------------------------------

i find it offensive that there is a black student awareness comittee. i know youre there. i am aware that your skin has a darker pigment than mine. i am aware that you feel the need to always use outside voices inside, and am aware that youre favorite word to call your homie used to be used as a racial slur. how that became mainstream i will never know. i am aware when you drive by in a escalade with 24" chrome spinners and ungodly amounts of bass. however are you aware of me as i walk by quietly while youre in youre huge group yelling at eachother? prolly not. are you aware of me as i drive by in my car with the windows up and the stereo down, with no flashy chrome bling? prolly not. are you aware of me while i sit in my desk and listen to the teacher and do my work while you and shanaynay talk about shaniquas ghetto bootay? guess what, that right there is why we need a white student awareness comitte. i dont think you know im there. maybe if you did, you woudnt be so loud in the hallways, you wouldnt drive with the bass up and the windows down, and you would be polite in class while i try to get a education, and save youre discussions for after class.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:11 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

its a lose lose situation! what happens when we are "equal"? we cant take away their priveledges we give them now or they will throw it in our faces. i say EQUALITY now and always. no special treatments.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:22 AM   #6
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Black people are a minority, now more than ever in recent history due to Hispanics. But I still know they are there. I would lay money on the table that I know more black history than your average black citizen.

Hell, I've always been very careful when it comes to race. I rarely ever even used the word "black" to describe them because it seemed slightly racist. I always went with the extremely incorrect "African-American" term. But I figure if they need to make a group about awareness, I can use the same term they used. But **** me if I ever say "nigga." Not that I ever would.

I agree with almost all of what you say above Eclipsedude, but there is no way in hell i could go into that discussion, say 1% of what you just said, and have them read anything except a white boy keepin the black man down. All they'll get out of that entire post is a word that was never used: ******.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:25 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Kiljosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,282
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

No, good job. I am fricking sick of the Double Standard going on in this country with balcks and whites. We can't call them N****RS without getting in trouble but they can knock on white people all day and noone says ****. Turn on any black comedian/extremeist and you will see this. ALso I'm sick of them blaming all their hardship and oppression on us, IT"S OVER. Get over it. Slavery was ablosished years ago. If you really do want equality and a non racist world tell the scum to stop selling crack to kids and gangbanging. Become mature upstanding citizens or GET THE **** OUT. Blacks complain that the is a racial profile going on in todays America. There is, and guess what. It's there own damn fault. I realize a lot are good people, I have a black friend, but so many choose lives of crime and still expect not to get stereotyped. Lick my balls. Yo9u live in the ghetto? MOVE. So what if your really unhappy you can grab what you need and walk out of there.

No I'll stop mysef before I go on a 2 page drunken rant about this topic. I constantly am reminded of it and it pisses me off.


If I was on facebook I would join that oraganization. I think there should be a WET, and if blacks don't like it then they need to stfu.
__________________
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 02:30 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Kiljosh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Region: Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,282
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

BTW Eclipse man, the line about sanaynay and shaniquas ghetto booty was so true it popped a coupld blood vessels in my forehead.
__________________
Kiljosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:35 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular
 
03redfire cobra's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Maryland
Posts: 166
Send a message via AIM to 03redfire cobra
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Whitey is a minority in California!


DONT FORGET!
__________________
~Evan~ This smiley was named after me-->:evan:

2008 Cadillac Escalade ESV
2006 Chrysler 300c SRT8
03redfire cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:34 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular
 
Matt'sredbeauty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Georgia
Posts: 164
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

The one thing that pisses me off more than those metioned, which piss me off bad, is the reprerations. If thats so I want them to pay for the boat ride over. Why can't they be appreciative now of the country the live in. Otherwise they would be in tribal council.
Matt'sredbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 07:19 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i find it funny that she is talking about being offensive, then goes on to say "There is no need for White Entertainment Televison, White Class, or White Awareness Month. Because 80% of the televison networks are "white" networks, 11 months out of the year are "white" awareness months, and every history class is "white" class." last time i checked, white television wasnt called WET. and yes its mostly white history, because throughout time, since the greek and roman empires(save for what went on in china that was the same from 2000bc to almost 1500ad), whites have been the ones who have done everything, from greek to roman empires, from middle ages to reniassance to industrial revolutions, to revolutions and civil wars and everything in between. what the hell has africa been doing the past 4000 years? absolutely nothing. theyre still doing nothing. a great history teacher once told me, "if you dont like the history youre learning about, go out and make your own". history is the one subject where ANYONE can be a part of.

and then she goes on to say "you will never know how it feels to be the minority in this world. Maybe if would have had that experience, then this group would have never been created. You say the only reason that there isn't an official "white" organization is because no one has taken those steps, but if you are so proud to be "white" then why haven't you taken those steps?"

so in her words, shes trying to say if you had been a minority, this group wouldn not have been created. if thats so, then why is there a bsac in the first place, if they were a minority, why do they feel the need in the first place. this girl is a dum**** when it comes to english. that makes no sense whatsoever. i could see if youre a minority the need for a awareness comitte, but blacks are NOT a minority anymore. if they didnt feel the need to seperate themselves from the rest of the world(aka africa the past 4k years) then we wouldnt have this discussion. blacks are NOT a minority anymore. if anybody is a minority its white people. guess nobody has been to cali. i havent seen a billboard with english written text in years. every sign i see(exit, entrance, left, right, etc) the main text is spanish with the smaller text to the side being english.

i challenge you danielle to come to WSAC meeting. i guarantee that while most of us "white" folk know of 3 black names in history, i bet you couldnt come up with 2, since white history class just doesnt appeal to you.

----------------------------------------

i find it offensive that there is a black student awareness comittee. i know youre there. i am aware that your skin has a darker pigment than mine. i am aware that you feel the need to always use outside voices inside, and am aware that youre favorite word to call your homie used to be used as a racial slur. how that became mainstream i will never know. i am aware when you drive by in a escalade with 24" chrome spinners and ungodly amounts of bass. however are you aware of me as i walk by quietly while youre in youre huge group yelling at eachother? prolly not. are you aware of me as i drive by in my car with the windows up and the stereo down, with no flashy chrome bling? prolly not. are you aware of me while i sit in my desk and listen to the teacher and do my work while you and shanaynay talk about shaniquas ghetto bootay? guess what, that right there is why we need a white student awareness comitte. i dont think you know im there. maybe if you did, you woudnt be so loud in the hallways, you wouldnt drive with the bass up and the windows down, and you would be polite in class while i try to get a education, and save youre discussions for after class.
^truer words were never spoken
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:15 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
V6STANG007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 1,657
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

I don't care. People that want to use the color of their skin to define who they are in life are just pathetic. IMO what u do is who u are, your skin is just an outer shell anyway.
....just a note from your friendly neighborhood Hicspic.
__________________
Jorge ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:06 AM   #13
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

What amazes me is when i was in highschool, which was predominately black, they would always say "these white *****es dont know what its like", and that would piss me off more than anything, because ive lived a harder life than 85% of the blacks in my highschool

on to a little Tbird232ci history:

my family went through a hard time, and basically the entire family split, my father was god knows where at the time, my aunt was the only person who had her **** together, and was starting a buisness, my grandmother moved to florida to restart a life, and my other aunt was scrapping to get by for a while. Well, my mom decided to work for my aunt with the buisness, we ended up moving to a horrible part of baltimore city. This was the area where you would see row houses burning down, and firemen just watching, because these places wernt worth saving, and needed to be torn down anyways. Places where homes were boarded up, and people were still living in them. Needles, viles, dime bags, just drugs **** laying all over the streets. There was a point in time i was walking to school with my mom, and there was a dude, just dead chilling on the side of the road. This was close to a real ghetto. Since we had a buisness, we had a nicer place to live, but not by a whole lot.

I was in elementary school at the time, and there was 3 whites in the school, 3 whites out of 6 generations. Unless you count two of the special ed kids. That would make 5. The rest was black, no asians, no hispanics, nothing. At least 3 times a week, i would get beat up, only because i was white. Id get pushed around, made fun of, and id get in trouble for it, because i was white. I was the kid that was always in the office, even when i got beat up, and i was the one in detention, because i was white. Youre telling me i dont know about racism?

It got really bad with my aunts buisness, she got into drugs, and basically gave my mom some excuse saying "we arnt making enough to actually pay you, but i can still afford to pay you enough to live here;" so we had no choice but to go onto welfare. We would go into the welfare office, and get so much disrespect, because we were white. Talking trash because they thing whites are always successful, and everything of that nature, there were times we would have to wait for hours, because they wouldnt let us up in the lines. We would be in there, and women, looked like they were strung out on drugs, would get asked how many kids they had, and i heard one say 11. ELEVEN KIDS!. The whole time they were in there, they were talking about getting their nails done, hair braided, buying some mcdonalds, and all this **** . Half of them didnt have a place to live, theyd go squat at churches, go to shelters, go to good will for clothing, while having a couple hundred bucks in their pockets from welfare and social security, but they would spend then on useless BS.

My mom worked her *** off, saved up enough money, and did the best she could to mend things with my father so we could move in with him. My mom worked for everything we have.

Try to tell me that i dont know what its like, because ive lived the life that most blacks never will.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:44 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Ok, I'm definitely starting one now lol.
And yes, I grew up a minority, my county is over 65 % african american.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:17 PM   #15
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

updated with more stupid bull****.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 04:24 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular
 
I_luv_HP&trq's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Region: California
Posts: 563
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

i've been the minority most of my life and when you're in a position where you're by yourself, you tend to get paranoid that you're being treated because of skin color. it's human instinct.
go ahead with the committee because you have your freedom to do what you want.

for the rest of ya'll......
i really hate generalizations of how one group drives certain cars and talks a certain way. to single out something like that sounds sketchy to me and makes me think you're absent minded. those comments just keep the cycle of arguing keep going on and on.

hell in my town which is the 2nd wealthiest in the U.S. (juniper florida is 1st) the stay at home moms drive Escalades with flashy rims, and then on the other side of town you have a different economic class or whatever you want to call it driving the same expensive cars with big *** rims.
it's an eye opener living in the middle of a war zone on one side of town and the other side with their 40 million dollar homes.
__________________

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:56 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 59
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

I just dont understand how we owe everything to them. They can have their black history month and their black awareness but if white people do it then we are "racist" I think that Black people are the most racist group out there. They constantly talk us down and say how we owe them and god knows what else. The whole country is so afraid of being called racist that they are racist against themselves. I find it funny that I can work twice as hard as a minority but they get accepted to college over me. The reason black people dont have as many people in college is because most dont give a damn or are too drugged up to care. There are good Black people in the world, and you dont see them doing stuff like this. They dont think they are better and aren't rude and cruel to anyone that doesnt have dark skin like them. Im just soooo sick of african americans thinking we owe them. Perfect example is in my high school, it is mostly white but the black people that are there think they are gods gift to earth. They walk down the halls bumping into people, thinking I'm supposed to move out of their way and then when i dont and they hit my shoulder its my fault and is usually followed with a comment like, "watch where you walk nigga" I could rant about this for hours but I think we need more WSAC in colleges everywhere.
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:13 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

I have not a problem with people of other races. Many of my closest friends are of other races. I do not look at color, but if people insist on looking at color, then I think I should have enough freedom to support my "color". lol.

I see it as nothing more than a joke, which is all this should be taken for. People get way too sensitive when someone steps on their toes. Either ignore it, or say your peace, and stay out of it.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 06:17 PM   #19
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

there is stuff like that for latinos as well as black, asian, and a bunch of other people
why not for the white man?
i will tell you why because all my problems are the white mans fault.

































white power! there is nothing wrong with that dont listen to the nukkas and (me) spics
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:00 PM   #20
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

^ I love you Steve. In that non-homosexual way.


Once again, after I lay a smack-down, there is no response. They'll respond, but not to me. Just watch.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:02 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular
 
Dark02Pony's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Region: New Jersey
Posts: 1,527
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
No, good job. I am fricking sick of the Double Standard going on in this country with balcks and whites. We can't call them N****RS without getting in trouble but they can knock on white people all day and noone says ****. Turn on any black comedian/extremeist and you will see this. ALso I'm sick of them blaming all their hardship and oppression on us, IT"S OVER. Get over it. Slavery was ablosished years ago. If you really do want equality and a non racist world tell the scum to stop selling crack to kids and gangbanging. Become mature upstanding citizens or GET THE **** OUT. Blacks complain that the is a racial profile going on in todays America. There is, and guess what. It's there own damn fault. I realize a lot are good people, I have a black friend, but so many choose lives of crime and still expect not to get stereotyped. Lick my balls. Yo9u live in the ghetto? MOVE. So what if your really unhappy you can grab what you need and walk out of there.

No I'll stop mysef before I go on a 2 page drunken rant about this topic. I constantly am reminded of it and it pisses me off.


If I was on facebook I would join that oraganization. I think there should be a WET, and if blacks don't like it then they need to stfu.
amen! took the words right outta my mouth!
__________________
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...rtandgrill.jpg
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 11:12 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Region: California
Posts: 4,272
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
^ I love you Steve. In that non-homosexual way.


Once again, after I lay a smack-down, there is no response. They'll respond, but not to me. Just watch.
really?
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #23
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

updated again.

I definitely said Eli Whitney was a black man in history, and they even made reference to it. Eli Whitney was white. They didn't notice it. So much for being the omniscient black history gurus.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:00 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
KyleUSAF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Georgia
Posts: 802
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I definitely said Eli Whitney was a black man in history, and they even made reference to it. Eli Whitney was white. They didn't notice it. So much for being the omniscient black history gurus.
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 05:09 PM   #25
I liek gramer
Legacy
 
WhiteStang99's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Region: Florida
Posts: 8,537
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

updated.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 07:21 PM   #26
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

lol this Danielle girl is ****ing stupid
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:16 AM   #27
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
because you or your race will never understand how it feels to be a underrepresented minority
That makes me want to strangle someone

i know what its like more than i dont know how many of these kids out there, ive lived the life, ive been beaten up for being white, ive been a scapegoat because i was white, i was brutally mistreated because i was white...but i dont know what its like?

i guess since im white, ill never know anything about race and racism, because i havnt experienced it
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:52 AM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Slavery was abolisihed 142 years ago, so.. get over it already.

Black people are the most racisit people in the country.

You even see other black people rolling their eyes at these blacks screaming and *****ing about everything.

Sure, dedicate a month to the blacks, give them a ****ing channel who cares. But if you still complain? Go talk to the Jews, they've been through a ****load more and have pulled through.

Hey did you know they were slaves? Who else built the pyramids? No they didn't have the luxury of working in a field, they worked in the dessert.

Oh and here's something weird.. only 61 years has passed since World War 2. You know how many Jewish people were killed during that time? 2/3 of nine million jews were killed.. and 1.5 million of them were children.

I think they have a bigger obligation to complain about ANYTHING than just slavery that happened 142 years ago. Sure, the jews can complain to the Germans about what they did, but I don't hear them doing that, do you? You live in a country that fought to get you freed and you still ***** and complain about it. Fine, lets send you back to the motherland if you so wish to claim you are from. No more complaining about the awful white america, back to your roots. Enjoy the crappy life you'll have there. Be grateful you are in a country where talking so freely about subjects like this are tolerated.
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 12:54 AM   #29
Road Trip!
 
Tbird232ci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,170
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Slavery was abolisihed 142 years ago, so.. get over it already.

Black people are the most racisit people in the country.

You even see other black people rolling their eyes at these blacks screaming and *****ing about everything.

Sure, dedicate a month to the blacks, give them a ****ing channel who cares. But if you still complain? Go talk to the Jews, they've been through a ****load more and have pulled through.

Hey did you know they were slaves? Who else built the pyramids? No they didn't have the luxury of working in a field, they worked in the dessert.

Oh and here's something weird.. only 61 years has passed since World War 2. You know how many Jewish people were killed during that time? 2/3 of nine million jews were killed.. and 1.5 million of them were children.

I think they have a bigger obligation to complain about ANYTHING than just slavery that happened 142 years ago. Sure, the jews can complain to the Germans about what they did, but I don't hear them doing that, do you? You live in a country that fought to get you freed and you still ***** and complain about it. Fine, lets send you back to the motherland if you so wish to claim you are from. No more complaining about the awful white america, back to your roots. Enjoy the crappy life you'll have there. Be grateful you are in a country where talking so freely about subjects like this are tolerated.
Post of the year.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:29 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Slavery was abolisihed 142 years ago, so.. get over it already.

Black people are the most racisit people in the country.

You even see other black people rolling their eyes at these blacks screaming and *****ing about everything.

Sure, dedicate a month to the blacks, give them a ****ing channel who cares. But if you still complain? Go talk to the Jews, they've been through a ****load more and have pulled through.

Hey did you know they were slaves? Who else built the pyramids? No they didn't have the luxury of working in a field, they worked in the dessert.

Oh and here's something weird.. only 61 years has passed since World War 2. You know how many Jewish people were killed during that time? 2/3 of nine million jews were killed.. and 1.5 million of them were children.

I think they have a bigger obligation to complain about ANYTHING than just slavery that happened 142 years ago. Sure, the jews can complain to the Germans about what they did, but I don't hear them doing that, do you? You live in a country that fought to get you freed and you still ***** and complain about it. Fine, lets send you back to the motherland if you so wish to claim you are from. No more complaining about the awful white america, back to your roots. Enjoy the crappy life you'll have there. Be grateful you are in a country where talking so freely about subjects like this are tolerated.
i dare someone to post that in the group thread thingy
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 08:13 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

I only speak the truth.
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2005, 11:35 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

i know, that's why it should be posted lol
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:50 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

I'm going to have to play devil's advocate here.. and play both sides of the coin. We know, as whites, that anything we do to promote our whiteness... or stand out because we're white, is going to be called racist. You knew that before you made this club. Don't try to tell me you didn't... you're a smart kid. I could see this from a stand point where you're trying to say "hey, I've had enough of all your perks for being black... no more will you be allowed to make organizations to promote the fact that you're black if I can't"... I don't know if that's the message you were trying to send, but you can certainly get that out of the fact you made the club, and what the intro is.

Now, I'm also going to have to agree with you on this. I would agree with you more than disagree for several reasons... I believe as you do is the big one. I'm very tired of blacks getting to pull the race card at everything. How 'bout I go to PE class and pull the fat card... sorry, I'm a big boy, and I don't feel like running today. That's analgous to the black student going to the teacher and telling them they're racist for failing the black student for not doing their homework... (again, my dad's a high school teacher, I hear about the race card a lot). He gets out of being called racist because he raised 2 Vietnamese foster children for around 20 years total... hard to be racist when you're raising a minority... but he thinks the race card is used as an easy button. And I would have to agree with him there. Every time you turn around, they aren't getting their opportunities to make it because everyone else is racist. White girls won't sleep with them because they're racist. (heard it a lot... and then some of those girls will sleep with them to prove they aren't... stupid stupid white girls)

As far as the comments about "11 months of the year are white awareness months"... says who? They have their own entire month.. I want to see a white month... or at least the removal of black history month. They want equality. As far as learning about blacks in history... let us not forget Harriet Tubman, Frederick Douglas, Malcom X... I've learned more about those 3 than any individual white man, including George Washington. And I'm not saying black people haven't contributed to our society, but what's the last famous black person that has done something for the entire society, instead of just black rights? It's a very good question... if you notice, MLK, Jr. and Rosa Parks were both famous for black rights, as were the people I mentioned. So I ask you this, name one... name one black person that has a positive effect on the whole society for their work. I can think of one right now... George Washington Carver, for his inventing of peanut butter .... but that doesn't really count.

The reason you hear more about whites in history is that they have an effect on the entire society with things they do. They don't go out looking to promote whites, that's racist, as we've found out. Also, let us not forget that whites are the majority in this country, and as such, would have a higher percentage of people doing important things... and that's if you have whites and black and hispanics all on the same playing field as far as goals and dreams in life.. which I doubt, as I've seen some of the ******s around here. By the way, in case you just took offense to the n-word... I feel there is a huge difference between a ****** and a black man. I have very good black friends, and we both use the term to describe the same type of 'black people'. Thugs and gangsters aren't black men, just the same as I don't count whiggers as white men. If you took offense to that, and would like to let me know, send me a PM, don't whore up the thread, I will be happy to carry out the conversation, and definitions through PM's.

So, cliffnotes... I think you knew it would be counted as racist, but I completely agree with you that the time has come for us to be equal, and to stop allowing this bull**** race card to be used.
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 07:54 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
jimmy_beaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Region: Iowa
Posts: 2,037
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

oh, and a joke to lighten the thread... again, just a joke, like they have honkie jokes:

what's a pizza do that a ****** can't?









feed a family of 4
__________________

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 09:56 AM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Is a "White Student Awareness Committee" racist?

^ dies of the funny
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MTI RACING "Extreme Velocity" 454 "Southern Stingray" C6/Z = Awesome JROC Pictures and Videos 10 10-26-2007 04:33 AM
"im Not a Racist..." bluemustang The Bar 18 11-29-2006 11:44 AM
"Stupid White People" Zim The Bar 15 06-28-2006 10:12 PM
UAB Black Student Awareness Committee *new vids* WhiteStang99 The Bar 77 04-26-2005 09:19 PM
w0000ttt!!!!! got something today (starts with "s" ends with "upercharger") fast64 Pictures and Videos 37 02-22-2005 06:52 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



09:31 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.