I dont like drifting anymore - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-13-2005, 02:25 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
I dont like drifting anymore

Most of you dont know, but every so often, i work on trying to drift.

Well, coming home from my girlfriends house, at about 12am, i come through this HUGE intersection, its completely useless to have it as wide was it is, other than for my to goof off when theres no traffic, which there rarely is

so i come up at a decent clip, on the brakes hard, stuff it in 2nd, crank the wheel to the left, and get on the gas, the rear steps out, i crank the wheel to almost full lock right and give it gas, i got this drift going half decently, untill i got greedy, gave it too much gas, too much boost, and it stepped way out, so i crank it to full right, and got off the gas to quickly, and the car darted sideways to the right, so i gave it full left, gave it gas, it tore off the the left, gave it full right, then the car went to the right, swapped ends, and i slid off the side of the road into a small ditch

so there was was, all alone, spinning out and feeling like an idiot, no damage done, nothing broke, nothing hurt...other than my pride
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2005, 03:47 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: I dont like drifting anymore

you suck @ teh drift

its ok though, we all need to learn our limits the hard way. mine was coming into the mall, there is a T intersection, where the incoming traffic has the right of way and the cross-traffic has to yeild. well i came in at about 25ish, and i dont slow down, cause alot of people dont yeild to incoming traffic, and ill smear right into them, i dont give a ****. so im coming in at around 25ish, and i turn left, as i make the turn, one of my rear wheels(the pass rear, the one with most of the traction at the time) goes right over the smooth *** manhole covers the mall has, and on top of that the cover was wet. well that slid, so i got a little sideways. now across from that intersction is a Chilis, and there were alot of people out, so im like "sweet, lets show off" so i get on the throttle, sending me further sideways, well all was going well, and i had the wheel cocked right, and as i let off the throttle a little bit, the tires just grabbed fully, and i couldnt straighten out the fronts quick enough to get it straight in time, and im now in a 45* angle looking at parked cars instead of a chilis, i immediately slam on the brakes, and if it hadnt been for abs, i would have hit the big *** red truck parked there, luckily, i stopped mere inches from it.

that taught me to recorrect way faster than i was used to, and since then, my drifts have felt more controlled, especially the 1-2 shift, where i can get them to roast 2nd and maintain a nice 35* angle drift for quite a bit by rapidly pulsing the throttle to keep the tires spinning.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 01:32 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

sucks, atleast nothing is broken
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2005, 02:35 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

could you just drive out of the ditch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 02:38 PM   #5
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

yeah, i just drove out, it wasnt anything major
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 04:41 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
you suck @ teh drift

its ok though, we all need to learn our limits the hard way. mine was coming into the mall, there is a T intersection, where the incoming traffic has the right of way and the cross-traffic has to yeild. well i came in at about 25ish, and i dont slow down, cause alot of people dont yeild to incoming traffic, and ill smear right into them, i dont give a ****. so im coming in at around 25ish, and i turn left, as i make the turn, one of my rear wheels(the pass rear, the one with most of the traction at the time) goes right over the smooth *** manhole covers the mall has, and on top of that the cover was wet. well that slid, so i got a little sideways. now across from that intersction is a Chilis, and there were alot of people out, so im like "sweet, lets show off" so i get on the throttle, sending me further sideways, well all was going well, and i had the wheel cocked right, and as i let off the throttle a little bit, the tires just grabbed fully, and i couldnt straighten out the fronts quick enough to get it straight in time, and im now in a 45* angle looking at parked cars instead of a chilis, i immediately slam on the brakes, and if it hadnt been for abs, i would have hit the big *** red truck parked there, luckily, i stopped mere inches from it.

that taught me to recorrect way faster than i was used to, and since then, my drifts have felt more controlled, especially the 1-2 shift, where i can get them to roast 2nd and maintain a nice 35* angle drift for quite a bit by rapidly pulsing the throttle to keep the tires spinning.

was that with the GT?

also, im glad that you nor the car is hurt.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 08:46 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I'd rather learn how to take care of my car in a slide in an area i know is deserted and relatively safe than in rush hour traffic while trying to squeeze in a small gap in traffic.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2005, 10:33 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

dont make me save ur *** with a ratchet strap again

atleast nothing broke lol
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar