So help me out with gathering info for a speech.... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-17-2005, 11:35 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
So help me out with gathering info for a speech....

I got to write a persuasive speech and the topic I chose is "Benefits of Legalizing Marijuna"

Hook a brother up with some good sources

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2005, 11:53 PM   #2
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
Re: So help me out with gathering info for a speech....

I dont have any good sources, but bring up sales tax, and how the goverment can tax the living **** out of it as they do cigarettes

also mention how its much less lethal then cigarettes and alcohol, as both of which are legal
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 01:24 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
also mention how its much less lethal then cigarettes and alcohol, as both of which are legal
umm, marijuana is more lethal than cigarettes. the carcinogens found in a marijuana cigarette are almost 16x more concentrated than a normal tobaccie cigarette. where were you during DARE?

id bring up the fact, that, if california made marijuana legal and taxed it the same amount they tax regular tobaccie, they would allieviate all their debt within a matter of years.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2005, 01:35 AM   #4
Regular

Quote:
where were you during DARE?
That made me giggle like a little girl. Dare is a joke.

http://www.concept420.com/marijuana_cannabis_faq.htm

Enjoy

Quote:
17) Isn't smoking marijuana worse for you than smoking cigarettes?
There are many reasons why it is not. You may have heard that ``one joint is equal to ten cigarrettes'' but this is exagerrated and misleading. Marijuana does contain more tar than tobacco -- but low tar cigarettes cause just as much cancer, so what is that supposed to mean? Scientists have shown that smoking any plant is bad for your lungs, because it increases the number of `lesions' in your small airways. This usually does not threaten your life, but there is a chance it will lead to infections. Marijuana users who are worried about this can find less harmful ways of taking marijuana like eating or vaporizing. (Be careful -- marijuana is safe to eat -- but tobacco is not, you might overdose!) Marijuana does not seem to cause cancer the way tobacco does, though.

Here is a list of interesting facts about marijuana smoking and tobacco smoking:

Marijuana smokers generally don't chain smoke, and so they smoke less. (Marijuana is not physically addictive like tobacco.) The more potent marijuana is, the less a smoker will use at a time.
Tobacco contains nicotine, and marijuana doesn't. Nicotine may harden the arteries and may be responsible for much of the heart disease caused by tobacco. New research has found that it may also cause a lot of the cancer in tobacco smokers and people who live or work where tobacco is smoked. This is because it breaks down into a cancer causing chemical called `N Nitrosamine' when it is burned (and maybe even while it is inside the body as well.)
Marijuana contains THC. THC is a bronchial dilator, which means it works like a cough drop and opens up your lungs, which aids clearance of smoke and dirt. Nicotine does just the opposite; it makes your lungs bunch up and makes it harder to cough anything up.
There are benefits from marijuana (besides bronchial dilation) that you don't get from tobacco. Mainly, marijuana makes you relax, which improves your health and well-being.
Scientists do not really know what it is that causes malignant lung cancer in tobacco. Many think it may be a substance known as Lead 210. Of course, there are many other theories as to what does cause cancer, but if this is true, it is easy to see why NO CASE OF LUNG CANCER RESULTING FROM MARIJUANA USE ALONE HAS EVER BEEN DOCUMENTED, because tobacco contains much more of this substance than marijuana.
Marijuana laws make it harder to use marijuana without damaging your body. Water-pipes are illegal in many states. Filtered cigarettes, vaporizers, and inhalers have to be mass produced, which is hard to arrange `underground.' People don't eat marijuana often because you need more to get as high that way, and it isn't cheap or easy to get (which is the reason why some people will stoop to smoking leaves.) This may sound funny to you -- but the more legal marijuana gets, the safer it is.

It is pretty obvious to users that marijuana prohibition laws are not ``for their own good.'' In addition to the above, legal marijuana would be clean and free from adulturants. Some people add other drugs to marijuana before they sell it. Some people spray room freshener on it or soak in in chemicals like formaldehyde! A lot of the marijuana is grown outdoors, where it may be sprayed with pesticides or contaminated with dangerous fungi. If the government really cared about our health, they would form an agency which would make sure only quality marijuana was sold. This would be cheaper than keeping it illegal, and it would keep people from getting hurt and going to the emergency room.

Reddit
Old 11-18-2005, 03:52 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i ****ing hate you brent. you and youre google searching insanity. its madness i tell you, madness!!!

though all this weed talk makes me want to get stoned again. maybe its time to get more of my favorite, 35x Salvia Extract off ebay.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 05:12 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Can't help you there mang.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 08:47 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

did you pick that topic... alot of people do that topic lol. Try google and look for official (.edu and such) sites on the topic so you get REAL research adn not just some loser that thinks they know what they are talking about
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 09:20 PM   #8
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
umm, marijuana is more lethal than cigarettes. the carcinogens found in a marijuana cigarette are almost 16x more concentrated than a normal tobaccie cigarette. where were you during DARE?

id bring up the fact, that, if california made marijuana legal and taxed it the same amount they tax regular tobaccie, they would allieviate all their debt within a matter of years.
lmfao. I wanted to own you soooo hard. but Brent beat me to it.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:13 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

the thing about not wanting to smoke less and having it improve your health is bull****. Excessive use will make you lethargic, eat a lot, then after a few months of daily use, you can go without eating for two days and not notice it. I lost 30 lbs in 2 months on a grass diet..... and if you eat it then you're dumber then dog**** and you're wasting your money. people cook it in a butter type paste and turn it into a batter and make cookies with it which are actually quite tasty.
I'm not so sure about the THC opening up the lungs either because i had a hell of a cough when i used to smoke.
If people get hurt from smoking it wrong or buying it laced from somebody they don't know then it's their own fault.
whoever wrote that article must be the V.P. of the canibus club...
if anyone wants to argue, come to cali and i'll prove everything i've stated.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:15 PM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
the thing about not wanting to smoke less and having it improve your health is bull****. Excessive use will make you lethargic, eat a lot, then after a few months of daily use, you can go without eating for two days and not notice it. I lost 30 lbs in 2 months on a grass diet..... and if you eat it then you're dumber then dog**** and you're wasting your money. people cook it in a butter type paste and turn it into a batter and make cookies with it which are actually quite tasty.
I'm not so sure about the THC opening up the lungs either because i had a hell of a cough when i used to smoke.
If people get hurt from smoking it wrong or buying it laced from somebody they don't know then it's their own fault.
whoever wrote that article must be the V.P. of the canibus club...
if anyone wants to argue, come to cali and i'll prove everything i've stated.
I'll be right over.....

Reddit
Old 11-18-2005, 11:24 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

lol. i don't want to put down that whole article you got but speaking from lot's of experience i'd rather not go into detail about, lot's of that info isn't true. i dont care what doctor or some chemist says, it's not some wonder drug that improves health even if only used a little at a time. If people could deal with their problems and pains without relying on it then that would make them a better and stronger individual.
If you want, PM me and i can provide with you with real life facts to use.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2005, 11:24 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Canibus!
Old 11-18-2005, 11:47 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Marijuana is awesome.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar