Bad Fox, Bad - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 11-22-2005, 04:44 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Bad Fox, Bad

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,175860,00.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by foxnews.com
Oh, it's an amazing console, don't get us wrong. Plugged into a high-definition television set with a booming sound system, it's amazing, a wonderland of sights and music.

But that's the part of the problem. To get the full Xbox 360 experience, you need to spend hundreds perhaps thousands of dollars. All that for a machine that won't play the hot games this season, like "Star Wars: Battlefront II" and "50 Cent: Bulletproof."
Quote:
Price The Xbox 360 comes in two versions: the hard drive-less "core" system for $299 and the premium package for $399. But those who buy the lower-cost version are in for a surprise they won't be able to play any of the Xbox games they already own.

"A lot of parents who go out and buy the $300 system, because they can't afford the $400 system, will have kids who aren't going to able to play 'Halo' or 'Halo 2' because backwards compatibility is going to be on the hard drive," says Brian D. Crecente, editor of kotaku.com, a gaming news blog.
they dont realize, that with 3 simple Y RCA Splicers, you can have 2 systems hooked up at once. right now, i have my PS1 and XB and VCR hooked up to my satellite box which feeds into my TV. i dont mind spending 10 bucks on 3 more splicers to hook up something else up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxnews.com
Lack of games Microsoft has announced there will be 200 backwards-compatible games (including "Forza Motorsport" and "Halo 2"), but only 19 launch titles for the 360. Only a handful are exclusives.

And popular new games, like "50 Cent: Bulletproof" and "The Warriors," won't play on the 360 at all.

Douglass Perry, editor in chief of the Xbox channel on IGN, says, "If you can wait, the second wave of games [due next year] are going to give developers the chance to really show us next-generation gaming in the truest sense."
who the **** cares about 50cent and "the warriors", both games that, until i saw this article, never even knew even existed. 19 launch titles, btw, are quite alot, seeing xbox, ps2, gc only released with 8 on their launch dates.

Quote:
No competition Sure, you could rush out and drop hundreds on the 360, but we have no idea what the next-gen PlayStation 3 and Nintendo Revolution are going to be capable of doing. Both of those systems are due next year, and will surely spark a mini-price war with the Xbox 360.
they have no idea, but you can find the PS3 and Nintento Revo "planned" specs online. and its been shown that Sony has a tendency to lie about its true hardware, they did it in the PS2(it was outdated the day it launched, sadly not much better than Sega DC). by xbox releasing their system ahead of time, itll have a foothold on the next gen system market, and by the time the others release their system, 360 will be on its second wave of insane looking games, while the others will still be releasing the crappy launch titles.

Quote:
Hidden costs Right now, the Xbox 360's stunning graphics ability is its biggest selling point, but to take advantage of it, you'll need to invest in a high-definition TV tacking on an extra couple hundred bucks, at least.

"We've all heard Microsoft basically saying that if you want to get an HDTV, the 360 is going to be the thing that makes you go out and get one," Crecente says. "Most of us dismissed that, but I swear, it's like they designed the 360 to make your TV look bad if you don't have HDTV."

And if you add peripherals, such as the ability to play games over the Internet, the Xbox 360 costs nearly $600!
you are going to need to get HDTV anyways within a few years. if it takes a console to realize that.......... and yes, it does look like **** on a normal tv, so will PS3 and Revolution, and so does current XB games(the difference between halo2 on my 42" in my room compared to the 55" LCD in the front room is amazing. HDTV is the future of tv, and i dont see why 360 is getting the boot for using it first. and as for internet peripherals, the "upgraded 400$ 360" comes with all you need to hook up to the net, minus some cat5 cable, a router and internet itself. most those things xbox gamers already utilize, so not like thats a problem.

[quote=foxnews.com=Older consoles are not dead yet Both the original Xbox and the PS2 are selling for $149, with the GameCube coming in at a mere $99 in all cases, a complete steal compared to the Xbox 360.

You could take the money you saved and put it towards buying all the systems, plus a whole bunch of great games like "The Warriors."

Although he's a firm believer in the Xbox 360, Perry says, "If you buy a PS2 or an Xbox now, you're buying a system at the end of its lifespan, when some of the best games are showing up."[/quote]

well, i believe PS2 was dead years ago, it was already maxed out when it released GTA:VC, and showed that even more with the even more hourendous graphics of san andreas, and the inability to get any better graphics or gameplay out of GT4 as compared to GT3. xbox, on the other hand, hasnt even maxed out its ability, and theyre already tapping into the future. Halo2, xbox's most graphically intensive game, only used the system to 80% of its ability. and all those games coming out now, can be still bought and played on the systems they were designed for, if you have brains, 10 bucks, a empty wall outlet(or large power strip) and can get to home depot.

fox news has never pissed me off till i read that.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2005, 02:01 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness
Re: Bad Fox, Bad

thumbs down fox. thumbs down.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:03 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I'm not buying one...:dunno:
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2005, 02:26 PM   #4
Regular

Region: Tennessee

I agree with them

xBox 360 will get own.t by Sony

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:34 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Sony will rock the house with their PS3.

I mention to anyone that I went to Best Buy last night and there was a line outside for the 360? ****ing ridiculous if you ask me. THEY HAD TENTS SET UP. TENTS. TENTS.

If I didn't have class this morning I woulda waited till 3-4 in the morning and drove by slowly and blasted them with a ****ing air horn.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Huh, found this on Circuit City's website. When the **** did Circuit City become a source for good information?

http://circuitcity.com/ccd/genericCo...d%20Revolution

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 11-22-2005, 06:11 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Sony will rock the house with their PS3.

I mention to anyone that I went to Best Buy last night and there was a line outside for the 360? ****ing ridiculous if you ask me. THEY HAD TENTS SET UP. TENTS. TENTS.

If I didn't have class this morning I woulda waited till 3-4 in the morning and drove by slowly and blasted them with a ****ing air horn.
thats how it was with the ps2, and how it will be with the ps3.

and yes, it is redicilous, people with no lives i guess. maybe if i didnt have to work and i reserved one id be there when it opens, but since i have a life.....

Old 11-22-2005, 06:15 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I'll take my PC over any console, any day.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 06:37 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
thats how it was with the ps2, and how it will be with the ps3.

and yes, it is redicilous, people with no lives i guess. maybe if i didnt have to work and i reserved one id be there when it opens, but since i have a life.....
If I'm still working at Circuit City when the PS3 comes out I'll be sure to reserve one for myself.

Old 11-22-2005, 06:59 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I camped out and got my xbox last night.

just kidding. didn't have the cash
Old 11-22-2005, 09:24 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I wish I had camped out and got one. They're going for about a grand on eBay, right now. I could use the cash.

I like turtles.
Old 11-22-2005, 09:32 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

meh... ill stay with my computer
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:06 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Computers are definitely better as far as graphics, fps games, etc., but only when your playing by yourself. You just can't beat playing something like NCAA Football on the Xbox when you're sitting around with your friends, using various mind altering substances.

Ok... well maybe a PS3 would be better...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 10:25 PM   #14
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Computers are definitely better as far as graphics, fps games, etc., but only when your playing by yourself. You just can't beat playing something like NCAA Football on the Xbox when you're sitting around with your friends, using various mind altering substances.

Ok... well maybe a PS3 would be better...
Werd

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:14 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

PC is the way to go for all games but Madden and sports games. Trying to do a FPS on a console is just a pain and hard to do. And as far as consoles go, ill wait the extra time to get a ps3 cuz it will blow 360 outta the water
The Arson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2005, 11:26 PM   #16
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

IMO, computer gaming is way more expensive than console gaming, even tho I do agree it is better. its tough to keep up with all the tech and all the high requirements for the newer games.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2005, 12:23 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
i have still yet to be impressed with any game on PC. my buddy thought NFS:MW was better on pc and it looked like crap on xbox, and i went to his house and played it, it ****ing sucked. looked like i was playing Test Drive or NFS2 or something, everything was really boxy and fake looking.

last FPS i had on pc was Star Trek Voyager Elite Forces(i think thats what it was called). my buddy had doom3 on his super badass pc, and after seeing it on his, i got it for xbox and liked the xb version better.

everyone who thinks pc's are so great, need to try their crappy pc games on a screen larger than 20", all the flaws will show up. i think people dont realize that when youre looking into a smaller screen, its easier for things to look better. take doom1 for example. when its at fullscreen, it looks like ****, now minimize the screen to where its about 2", and itll look pretty good. same concept. though i find it amazing that consoles 5+ years old are still putting out games that meet or exceet their PC counterparts graphics, while costing less.

Old 11-23-2005, 07:24 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
everyone who thinks pc's are so great, need to try their crappy pc games on a screen larger than 20", all the flaws will show up. i think people dont realize that when youre looking into a smaller screen, its easier for things to look better. take doom1 for example. when its at fullscreen, it looks like ****, now minimize the screen to where its about 2", and itll look pretty good. same concept. though i find it amazing that consoles 5+ years old are still putting out games that meet or exceet their PC counterparts graphics, while costing less.
Bull****.

My PC will rock out on every console that exists right now, and I don't even have the latest and greatest graphics card. Oh yeah, and I run it on a 21" monitor. If your buddy's computer couldn't play Doom 3 or NFS:MW better than the sux-box he must be running way old hardware. Or have his graphics setup all wrong. The only thing that a console has on good PC hardware is cost. I could have bought an x-box for what my watercooling setup cost .

PC > console, all day - every day.

I like turtles.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar