Here's an interesting question for you.. - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: If marijuana was legal, would you smoke it?
Sure, it's legal so smoking it wouldn't be against the law. 10 35.71%
No, even if it's legal, it's just bad news. 18 64.29%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-07-2005, 11:35 PM   #36
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Re: Here's an interesting question for you..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I'm in school. I'm 20. When I graduate, I will clear much more than $70,000 a year. I'll be making that much every six months.

All your talk about 'experience is more important than a diploma' doesn't mean **** to me. No medical school would want someone who could say they have "experience in performing general surgery." So until then, I'm relegated to studying, making good grades, and shadowing when time permits. Until I graduate, and for several years after that, I will be up to my neck in debt, but 5 years from said date of graduation will have me debt-free and up to my neck in money. And that goes for all people in medical school. Pot smokers or not.
And that right there, my friends, is yet another reason why this guy is my ****ing HERO!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 11:37 PM   #37
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
And that right there, my friends, is yet another reason why this guy is my ****ing HERO!!
Your the only one on here that Leg Humps another guy dude.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:40 PM   #38
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Hey hey, let him be. He's just giving credit where it's due. and you're jealous!
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-07-2005, 11:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Is that not the same as alcohol?

That is my point that he will not see.

That is exactly why I can compare alcohol and weed.
they have somewhat different physical consequences but they are both bad addictions that can take over your life and change it for the worse if you don't get in control.... well anything you abuse and become dependant on is bad i think but that's another subject. some people smoke their problems away and others drink them away.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:45 PM   #40
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
they have somewhat different physical consequences but they are both bad addictions that can take over your life and change it for the worse if you don't get in control.... well anything you abuse and become dependant on is bad i think but that's another subject. some people smoke their problems away and others drink them away.
Exactly, but according to Ponycarman I can not compare the too even though one is illegal and abused and the other is legal and abused.

Makes a lot of sense!

Reddit
Old 12-07-2005, 11:52 PM   #41
Registered Member
Regular

**** yes
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 11:53 PM   #42
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Your the only one on here that Leg Humps another guy dude.
and your the only one here that gets jealous when I do!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:23 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ok let me throw this out here though.

Ok, obviously smoking Pot won't make you OD and get yourself killed. Smoking cigs won't OD yourself and get yourself killed. But it does cause many types of cancer. Does pot cause cancer as well? How much stronger of an affect does pot have over alcohol and regular cigs? Is it because of how much more potent one joint has that makes it on the line of being illegal?

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with anyone, I just wanted to throw those questions out there for people to discuss.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 12:31 AM   #44
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Ok let me throw this out here though.

Ok, obviously smoking Pot won't make you OD and get yourself killed. Smoking cigs won't OD yourself and get yourself killed. But it does cause many types of cancer. Does pot cause cancer as well? How much stronger of an affect does pot have over alcohol and regular cigs? Is it because of how much more potent one joint has that makes it on the line of being illegal?

I'm not disagreeing or agreeing with anyone, I just wanted to throw those questions out there for people to discuss.
It is generally thought that nicatine is the main thing that causes cancer when burned. Pot doesn't have nicatine. One non tainted joint is no worse than one menthol cigarette as far as cancer goes. However I am sure if you smoked a joint a day starting when you were 18-21 you would develope cancer because of it.

Reddit
Old 12-08-2005, 01:09 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Man... and I tried to stay out of this one for the most part...

Let's see. I also graduated from high school with a 4.0 GPA, 3rd in a class of just over a hundred. In just over two weeks, I'll be graduating from UNA with what should end up being right around a 3.95 GPA with a BS in Computer Science. A worthless piece of paper... I know, but I've worked hard for it so I'm proud of it either way. With that said...

1) Yes, I have tried it.
2) Yes, I drink alcohol.
3) I'm with you on this one, Brent. Don't see how anyone that drinks could look down upon someone who smokes.
4) Theoretically you could overdose on marijuana. However, the only way to do this would be to actually inject large amounts directly into your bloodstream. I've heard some people I know claim that you can OD by eating it... this simiply is not true. There is no way one person could sit down and eat the amout required to OD without puking it back out of their system first. So, yes, you'd have to be extremely stupid to OD on it. Evolution at its finest.
5) I assume you can imagine how I feel about the stereotypes...

I rarely smoke now, but I used to do it quite often. If I could, I still would though. There are a lot of misconceptions about pot. People talk about how a joint contains more tar than a cigarette. That's true. But look at the number of cigarettes your average tobacco smoker will smoke a day compared to the number of joints your average "pothead" will smoke. Not to mention the fact that cigarettes contain numerous chemicals that a joint does not, namely nitrosamines, arsenic, radium-226, and polonium-210.

Also, MJ burns at a higher temp than cigarettes, which could cause more lung damage. I'll give you that one. However... if you smoke it out of a bong this factor is totally eliminated, not to mention that the water actually acts as a filter and removes even more chemicals w/out, of course, removing the THC.

Interesting to note... marijuana was legal in the US up until 1937. At the time it was outlawed, the American Medical Association recommended that it remain legal. This recommendation was ignored. Some of the main proponents that it would be outlawed were also prohibitionists who believed that laws against weed would help bring back a revival to the prohibition movement. Marijuana is classified as a "Schedule I" drug, which basically means it cannot be prescribed by a doctor. But, if you look at the criteria given for a Schedule I drug, marijuana obviously does not belong in that category. Particularly the following properties necessary to qualify as a Schedule I drug:
  • The drug or other substance has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.
  • There is a lack of accepted safety for use of the drug or other substance under medical supervision.

Simply put, if we actually followed the law that outlaws marijuana the way it is actually written, it wouldn't be illegal. When the law was first written, marijuana categorized as Schedule I simply as a provision. The doctor responsible for putting in Schedule I, Roger Egeberg, even said that after further studies were completed, the drug would likely be taken out of Schedule I and possibly even out of Schedule II. This study was completed in 1972 by a federal commission. The study recommended the decriminalization of marijuana. Unfortunately, Nixon was in office at the time and ignored the recommendation.

Basically, my point is this: smoking pot doesn't make you some kind of worthless loser who has no use in society, regardless of what you have been told. I find it funny how people who have never tried it (not meaning anyone on here, just people I've met in the past) know so much about it and are so quick to judge it. Sure, just like alcohol, it can be abused. But I believe, once again... just like alcohol, that if an individual chooses to use it in a responsible way then he/she should be allowed to do so. It has been used for thousands and thousands of years and will continue to be used for thousands more, regardless of its legality.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:02 AM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

they should legalize it and tax it just like cigarettes. if cali put a 3% tax on mary jane, we sure in the hell would be out of debt with the quickness.

does it mean id smoke it more? probably not. i think its a very occasional thing, im not going to go out of my way to get some(though its a phone call and 20$ away), but if its there(like at a party), yeah ill take a few hits. ive only been stoned/high a few times, and while i love being stoned/high, its really no big deal to me. im not too keen on smoking, so that could be a reason why im really not a huge stoner/pothead. the idea of inhaling burning chemicals makes me wonder what the person who first thought of lighting something on fire than puffing the smoke was thinking at the time. like ****ing cavemen were like "oog, zug zug, fire burn, breathe smoke, me feel dizzy, this good feeling, me want ool now!"

and dealers typically dont smoke their own product, all the dealers i know are now pretty good in life, especially the guy im talking to just bought a 300k house and is opening a sound shop of which he wants to hire me on cause im the only one he knows that can do "insane" fiberglassing/bondo/body work.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 02:37 AM   #47
I liek gramer
Legacy

Old 12-08-2005, 08:36 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Smoke it if you got it I don't drink So when I want to kick back & relax I light one up !!
I work 7 days a week 5 days as a network Admin for a world wide company & on the week ends I manage a paintball field .I don't smoke before or during work hours Just afterwards if I feel like it

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:03 AM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

1) No
2) Yes
3) I don't make such argument.
4) ok
5) All potheads and alcoholics are losers, Not all people who drink or smoke are potheads or alcoholics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:18 AM   #50
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
I figured we would get some of the answers we have here.

Let me ask some of you that are all against the use of Marijuana:

1) Have you ever tried it?

2) Do you drink alcohol?

3) If you drink alcohol how do you make an arguement that alcohol is better than marijuana, when alcohol is responsible for many drunk driving deaths and overdoeses every year?

4) You can not overdose on marijuana

5) Make stereotypical comments is annoying, you are basically saying everyone that drinks alcohol is a alcoholic and loser when you say the same thing about people who smoke marijuana. From my personal experience there are the people that make it their life and are lazy, just like there are people that make alcohol their life and are lazy, and then there are the people that can use it and still be product in society.
1.) Nope.
2.) Yup.
3.) Alcohol is only better because it is legal, doesn't cause cancer (although it does cause other health issues), and it doesn't totally reak like weed does.
4.) It's too bad you can't overdose on pot because then all the useless pot heads would have a way out of the pool.
5.) not really a question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitestang99
What about you? How did you graduate in your class standings in high school? What did you do after High School?
12th actually....highest ranked male in the class, and the only one in the top 25...made who's who 4 straight years....AP Bio, calculus 1+2, college intro to lit and communications 101, college microeconomics and governments systems in my senior year....graduated highschool with 24 college credits and numerous math and science scholarships...also a member of National Honor socienty....

went on to the a computer programmer and the Don of the niagara falls strip clubs...wanna kiss my ring?
Old 12-08-2005, 10:21 AM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Anything in excess is a bad thing, that's my only thought on it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 10:39 AM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
3.) Alcohol is only better because it is legal, doesn't cause cancer (although it does cause other health issues), and it doesn't totally reak like weed does.
Alcohol causes Cirrhosis, Cirrhosis can cause Liver Cancer.
Everything is bad in excess

Quote:
Old 12-08-2005, 11:04 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
Anything in excess is a bad thing, that's my only thought on it.
This is very true.

Maybe we should make Big Mac's illegal... after all, they can be physchologically addictive and have been clinically proven to kill thousands, maybe millions, of people due to overconsumption. Not to mention the way they ruin many people's lives by destroying their self-esteem. And I can imagine that it's a lot harder to overcome a Big Mac eating problem than it is to stop somking weed. I say this because I have stopped smoking for extended periods of time on several occasions, but I never have been able to turn down a Big Mac.

Maybe we should start a group to raise awareness about the dangers of Big Mac abuse. C'mon people, we could save lives!

P.S. Almost forgot to mention that weed really does make you smell bad... but it's got nothing on special sauce. Now that stuff stinks.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 11:07 AM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

^haha sign me up!

Quote:
Old 12-08-2005, 11:13 AM   #55
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Maybe we should start a group to raise awareness about the dangers of Big Mac abuse. C'mon people, we could save lives!
Actually, they have and are already trying that....or at least have tried suing because they were fat from fast food. There is a movement afoot to blame being fat on fast food and junk food makers....hence the reason some McD's don't offer supper sized anymore.
Old 12-08-2005, 11:17 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Actually, they have and are already trying that....or at least have tried suing because they were fat from fast food. There is a movement afoot to blame being fat on fast food and junk food makers....hence the reason some McD's don't offer supper sized anymore.
But see....mississippi got smart, and we passed the cheeseburger law. You can no longer sue a food preparer for you getting fat off of food they sold, and you can't sue a gun manufacturer b/c you got shot by a gun they made. Now if only other states will wisen up and join MS....lol.
Our's:
Old 12-08-2005, 02:30 PM   #57
Legacy Member
Legacy

ok in regards to "Too much can be a bad thing"

if marijuana is legalized, then people could buy as much as they wanted.

Then of course, they would have.. too much, which would in turn be bad for you

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:56 AM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
ok in regards to "Too much can be a bad thing"

if marijuana is legalized, then people could buy as much as they wanted.

Then of course, they would have.. too much, which would in turn be bad for you
To an extent...yes...but it's not like ppl can't already get all they want. But whatever, either way the crap is gonna be used.
Our's:
Old 12-09-2005, 11:33 AM   #59
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Im here late, but my opinion on this subject is the only one that matters.

I'm a stoner, most of you had no idea until now. Some probrobly had a feeling. All this generalization is pissing me off. You can't put anyone into a category and expect it to be remotely accurate.

I have a friend, actually an ex-friend but anyway, he is currently at USP in Phili studying to be a Physical Therapist. He had A's all through high school and has smoked since he was 12. As soon as he went to college he quit smoking. He changed, personality wise, for the worse. He became uptight. He lost interest in school and almost failed out first semester. He started smoking again and immediatley his grades went back up to above 3.5. That's not addiction. He was able to quit without much trouble. Just when he did he completely changed. He wasn't as mellow. Not as fun to be around. But when he started back up he was back to his old self and he could study better from smoking.

I have been smoking since I was 13. Im 19 now. I started smoking at parties, never buying my own. I started buying to combat boredom and severe depression around the age of 15. Eventually I got up to about 50 bucks every other day on the stuff. Pot helped me through depression by putting my mind elsewhere. It was an escape from a ****ed up cold world. If someone is having troubles than I fully sympathize. Go get high in the woods and walk around for 2 hours, your hurting noone but your own lungs from smoking it. And for those 2 hours or so, your mind floats from one subject to another. You don't worry as much. Why worry?, It's never solved anything...

I just got by in high school and graduated. But I didn't squeeze by because I smoke pot. I squeezed by because I thought I had better things to do with my time. Like snowboard in the winter, go atv'in in spring, and I also climbed when I could. I'm what you call an active stoner. I like to get stoned and do stuff. Like driving. I am a better driver when I'm stoned. You know why? Cause I drive the speed limit, I don't street race, I use my turn signals, don't tailgate, and usually am just chilled out listenging to Blue Scholars or other mellow rap.

Pot can have positive effects and negative effects. Just like ANYTHING else in this world. Eat too many cookies youll get fat but tehy are damn good.

Pot doesn't make you smell bad... I don't know where you got that from. Are you talking about the smell of the stuff itself or the smell of a stoner. If you don't have enough drive to get yourself in the shower everyday than your gonna start to stink. Pot or not.

Pot isn't addictive to most people. Pot can become addicting if you do it everyday, lose all your other non pot-smoking friends, and always hang out with the same 2 or 3 people(w/e the number) every day. When that happens losers are created. But people that get out and socialize and use pot to have a good time and unwind, ala "me", there's nothin wrong with that in my eyes..

All you close minded idiots who are too scared to atleast experience something once because they are afraid that mommy/daddy, Mr officer, senor priest, or Ms. Teacher is going to find out need to take the purple dildo out of their *** and move on into the gay bar.

Now the people like PonyCarMan, basically anyone who is grown up. An adult. One with a family, a real job, and real responsibilities. They should not be smoking. I believe this wholeheartedly. Someone like that cannot risk getting busted or losing their job over a 20 bag they bought off some dude.

If your young by all means I think you should try it atleast once. But as was said, be in control of it. Don't start screwing friends over to go smoke with other friends or making shady deals in shady places. It's all in the person. There are agry drunks, tough drunks, silly drunks, and dumb drunks. Same goes for pt, everyone reacts differently to it.

You can tell by this post I'm passionate about my pot.
Old 12-09-2005, 12:02 PM   #60
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
I have a friend, actually an ex-friend but anyway, he is currently at USP in Phili studying to be a Physical Therapist. He had A's all through high school and has smoked since he was 12. As soon as he went to college he quit smoking. He changed, personality wise, for the worse. He became uptight. He lost interest in school and almost failed out first semester. He started smoking again and immediatley his grades went back up to above 3.5. That's not addiction. He was able to quit without much trouble. Just when he did he completely changed. He wasn't as mellow. Not as fun to be around. But when he started back up he was back to his old self and he could study better from smoking.
This is very sad. I know a guy like this. he IS addicted. He might not be addicted physically, but he is addicted mentally. He thinks he can't function and he can't be the regular fun lovin guy he is unless he is stoned. That, my friend is addiction. When someone needs something to function whether it is physically or emotionally, then it is an addiction.

Quote:
I have been smoking since I was 13. Im 19 now. I started smoking at parties, never buying my own. I started buying to combat boredom and severe depression around the age of 15. Eventually I got up to about 50 bucks every other day on the stuff. Pot helped me through depression by putting my mind elsewhere. It was an escape from a ****ed up cold world. If someone is having troubles than I fully sympathize. Go get high in the woods and walk around for 2 hours, your hurting noone but your own lungs from smoking it. And for those 2 hours or so, your mind floats from one subject to another. You don't worry as much. Why worry?, It's never solved anything...
There are better ways to battle depression, but I can understand where you are coming from. I will drink a beer or two when I'm feeling stressed, I'm sure there are better ways to battle stress. But I guess we use what works for us.

Quote:
.... Like driving. I am a better driver when I'm stoned. You know why? Cause I drive the speed limit, I don't street race, I use my turn signals, don't tailgate, and usually am just chilled out listenging to Blue Scholars or other mellow rap.
I don't believe anybody could be a better driver while under the influence of anything that may cloud their judgement.

Quote:
.... All you close minded idiots who are too scared to atleast experience something once because they are afraid that mommy/daddy, Mr officer, senor priest, or Ms. Teacher is going to find out need to take the purple dildo out of their *** and move on into the gay bar.
Now who's generalizing. I don't look down on anyone for smoking pot. I don't aprove of it, and I have never tried it out of my own accord. Fear is not a factor.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2005, 12:06 PM   #61
I liek gramer
Legacy

Yeah, I knew you were a smoker. I have never gone looking for pot, but it has been in places I was, and if it was, I probably smoked if offered.

You cannot get physically addicted to pot. IMPOSSIBLE. The only addiction one can have to pot is MENTAL. 100%. and you can get just as addicted to your favorite soap as you can to pot. It's all in your head.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:54 PM   #62
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
Yeah, I knew you were a smoker. I have never gone looking for pot, but it has been in places I was, and if it was, I probably smoked if offered.

You cannot get physically addicted to pot. IMPOSSIBLE. The only addiction one can have to pot is MENTAL. 100%. and you can get just as addicted to your favorite soap as you can to pot. It's all in your head.
Yes.

and v6stang

I wasn't generalizing, just trying to get my point acroos that you only live once so make sure it's fun.

Personally I know I am a better driver stoned. All 4 tickets Ive had were when I was sober. Weed doesn't cloud your mind as much as you would think man. I mean, I dunno if youve tried it, but. Hmm. How can I explain it. Its like that old saying your rents used to tell you about how someone used pot and got so high they jumped out a window thinking they could fly. Pot is not a drug capable of doing something like that. I mean, you know your stoned. but you still have a grip on reality. And for me atleast pot leaves my system faster than alcohol so if Im DD'ing one night I'll smoke at a party.
Old 12-09-2005, 02:56 PM   #63
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

in most areas the degree is the first step, that with out you dont go much of anywhere with out YEARS of hard work or just dumb luck. The degree gives you the tools needed to EARN the experience, which is what makes the difference.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 02:57 PM   #64
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

and you can keep your 140k a year, I like having a life outside of work lol. I dont see how medical people do it... work and on call 24/7 have to deal with all kinds of crap etc etc... ill take my well paying programming job (not as much but fine) and be good to go lol
Old 12-09-2005, 03:06 PM   #65
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Everyone is forgetting the fact that pot is the start to a possible long road of very addictive drugs... some start with it then go to more fun drugs and before you know it they are screwed over. Would you be happy if people said its ok its legal go to it, then 10 years later you are on the street physically addicted to something far worse... and if it was illegal to start with you would have a nice house and job and be doing fine? Is ruining another persons life worth your ability to enjoy yourself with out breaking the law?

Its your choice to do what ever you wish with your own self, as long as it does not endanger those around you. Second hand smoke can definatly kill, i have yet to see someone eating a hamburger kill someone next to them no matter how often or how many they eat. That being said regular smoke and alcohol do the same things, if not worse... they are legal... and perhaps in many ways should not be or be under more strict use.

if you are high you are not as adept at driving, you may kill people, its not nearly as bad as drinking, soem may not have ANY adverse effects (or none that they know of) and be fine... but for the select few they can kill people.

Its about the freedom of doing what ever you want when ever you want as long as it does not hurt others, there are MANY ways to look at that statement and its very very hard to classify what is and what is not with in those bounds....

Its a very hard thing most people have the responsibility to do whats right and enjoy things with out overusing them or abusing them... but there are many retards out there whom dont knwo when to stop and dont see the forest for the trees....
Old 12-09-2005, 03:24 PM   #66
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Yes.

and v6stang

I wasn't generalizing, just trying to get my point acroos that you only live once so make sure it's fun.

Personally I know I am a better driver stoned. All 4 tickets Ive had were when I was sober. Weed doesn't cloud your mind as much as you would think man. I mean, I dunno if youve tried it, but. Hmm. How can I explain it. Its like that old saying your rents used to tell you about how someone used pot and got so high they jumped out a window thinking they could fly. Pot is not a drug capable of doing something like that. I mean, you know your stoned. but you still have a grip on reality. And for me atleast pot leaves my system faster than alcohol so if Im DD'ing one night I'll smoke at a party.
hahahha No, I've never tried it but I don't think you're gonna wanna jump out a window and fly becuz u smoke pot. good one dude. So far my life has been lots of fun. Maybe when I'm old in a home with nothing to do I'll give it a shot.

Quote:
Old 12-09-2005, 05:59 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

how about the commercials saying it slows your reaction time and all?

Old 12-09-2005, 06:02 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

There is no way you can tell me it is safe to operate a car when under the influence of marijuana. There is no way you can tell me it is safer to be under the influence of marijuana while driving than under the influence of alcohol. It all affects you to a point where reaction times are not normal. Whether it becomes legal or not...I'm not gonna go try it.
Our's:
Old 12-09-2005, 06:11 PM   #69
I liek gramer
Legacy

All anti pot commercials are ridiculously stupid and more close minded than people in this thread.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:19 PM   #70
Legacy Member
Legacy

Alright if it becomes legal and available to people, it would make it easier for people to get it.

While the subject was slightly touched upon, let's expand on it.

When you are high, do you let responsibilities drop for the moment you are?

Like if a parent comes home, kids need disciplining after they had been caught stealing/destroying property/etc, parent smokes pot will it affect their decision making in what to do with the kids?

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar