religion? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-09-2003, 09:35 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
religion?

Do you believe in religion?
Heaven and Hell?
God and Jesus? All that....

When i go to a catholic church, i really dont understand why iam there.
It seems so out of wack. It makes me not want to believe in religion.
How do u guys feel?
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2003, 09:40 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

im not touching this one. i got into a big arguement in the evolution vs creation debate on another board, and i just dont need to piss people off.

i do believe in fate and kharma though
Old 09-09-2003, 09:41 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

damnit getinto it, we're mature adults, and a debate will chime new people in
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2003, 09:46 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to greenflash00
I am a Christian (Baptist)..i was rasied that way and believe all of its principles. And yes i believe in an actual Heaven and Hell and Jesus being Gods son sent to earth to die for the sins of mankind.
Gt takeoff exhaust with Flowtech Warlock mufflers, Mac CAI, ASP UDP, Flex Phenolic Spacers, 17 by 9 Cobra R's, 275/40s all around, FMS C-Springs, Tokico shocks and struts, FMS T-loc, FMS 4.10 gears, fordchip, 3000 stall PI tq converter, B&M Supercooler, and some various appearance stuff.
greenflash00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 09:54 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
I was born a Catholic so I could kill all of you dead asses and go to confession and be forgiven!!!!!!

Charles lest not drudge this up. I like you but we will never see eye to eye on this.

I am not posting on this later
Old 09-09-2003, 09:57 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokedya95stang
damnit getinto it, we're mature adults, and a debate will chime new people in
ok, in that case, i believe religion is a tool used to control people with. How many people were raised chrstian on this board?? did you have the choice when you were in 1st grade and went to sunday school?

it just seems to me that most every religion teaches the same thing. "do unto others as you would have done to you" Islam, Christianity, Judiasm (all worship the same god) as well as Hinduism, Buddhism, and even Confusism all teach the Golden Rule.

Many new religions start each day, let alone each year. I think the major ones that are still around today are the few of the lucky ones. most die out or are merged into another group. Take Catholics and Protestants (using christians because that is how i was raised). Both worship the same god, but do so in entirly different ways to where they are almost off-shoots of the same religion. Then you get into the Roman Empire era and many of the religions (excluding Judiasm) were forced to convert to the Roman religion. this caused the merging of several religions into one which later became christianity under Emperor Constintine (sp)

I just think that the town elders came up with a way to control their people by giving them religion which promises eternal life and everlasting bliss in exchange for obedience.

**i appologize for the spelling in this post, i am a little sick today and not all there **
Old 09-09-2003, 10:11 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ok I will say one thing

PLEASE DONT CONFUSE GOD WITH RELIGION !!!! RELIGION IS MAN MADE AND WITH MANS INVOLVEMENT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE POSSIBILITY OF CORRUPTION. THAT IS WHY I CONSIDER MYSELF A NON-DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN. I FOLLOW NO MAN ONLY GOD!!!!! I FEEL MOST RELIGIONS HAVE LET HUMANITY DOWN WITH THEIR QUEST FOR POWER MEMBERSHIP AND MONEY
Old 09-09-2003, 11:02 PM   #8

Re: religion?

Quote:
Heaven and Hell?

How do u guys feel?
You could always try another church or something. Not dumping on any religion but just what works for your parents might not work for you. I don't believe in God myself but it's a personal choice. You sound like someone who needs to explore these things. Try another church. Take some time off from church.

Disclaimer: I'm 32 and Married. Stating that I don't believe in God is not some attempt to be cool. Notice I did not tell him to turn his back on religion but to explore his beliefs.
Tri-Ax
Rear Sway bar
3.73's gears and T-loc
Prored2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2003, 11:13 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prored2000
Quote:
Heaven and Hell?

How do u guys feel?
You could always try another church or something. Not dumping on any religion but just what works for your parents might not work for you. I don't believe in God myself but it's a personal choice. You sound like someone who needs to explore these things. Try another church. Take some time off from church.

Disclaimer: I'm 32 and Married. Stating that I don't believe in God is not some attempt to be cool. Notice I did not tell him to turn his back on religion but to explore his beliefs.
i dont believe in anything either.
I went to my step sisters baptism at my moms catholic church and it was insane in there.
The preist kept shaking that inscence #### in my face blessing us. I wanted to strangle him, i couldnt breathe.
Old 09-10-2003, 10:26 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

ummmmm. No Charles.... I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole!
Old 09-10-2003, 11:12 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Ok I will say one thing

PLEASE DONT CONFUSE GOD WITH RELIGION !!!! RELIGION IS MAN MADE AND WITH MANS INVOLVEMENT THERE WILL ALWAYS BE THE POSIBILITY OF CORUPTION. THAT IS WHY I CONSIDER MYSELF NON-DENOMINATIONAL CHRISTIAN.i FOLLOW NO MAN ONLY GOD I FEEL MOST RELIGIONS HAVE LET HUMANITY DOWN
on a second note, corey my gf is from NC, and shes reallllllllllllllly into that church stuff.
She went to a non-denominational church. And yes, i've been many times. There were alot more down to earth. Then other churches singing and chanting and stand up, sit down....no wait stand up again! So if i was religious, id probably go there.
Old 09-10-2003, 02:40 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
I am Methodist i am helping start a Christian car club in my area
Old 09-10-2003, 07:28 PM   #13
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Quote:
Originally Posted by greenflash00
I am a Christian (Baptist)..i was rasied that way and believe all of its principles. And yes i believe in an actual Heaven and Hell and Jesus being Gods son sent to earth to die for the sins of mankind.
ditto that brother
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:40 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to MusclesFromBrussels
i like mustangs especially the 03 snake AhMEN
MusclesFromBrussels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 08:43 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol
Old 09-10-2003, 09:03 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

I am a Christian, also. I have practiced my faith at several different denominations. I believe that every person should read the Bible for themselves to get an understanding of the Christian beliefs for themselves. Too many sects focus on one aspect of the Bible, which can sometimes weaken the overall message and faith. I also think that they should talk to several different practicing Christians to determine how God (Jesus) has made a difference in their lives. Jesus has worked many wonders in my life, even when I wasn't asking for them. He leads me to continually make improvements in the person that I am. I don't necessarily push my commitments and faith on other people, because I believe that Jesus (Holy Spirit) will open up opportunities for me to share my faith with them. I also believe that each individual has a different path to follow, so it would be presumptuous for me to think that I know what path they should walk.

I believe that God wants us to commune with other Christians. That is the benefit of going to Church. It also allows us to learn and grow as Christians. Sometimes based on my faith, I don't completely agree with something that is said in Church or an action taken by the Church. It is my responsibility to share that with the leaders of the Church, so we can all learn from each others viewpoint and insight. Ultimately though, one has to pray about it and have God bless him with the answers.

I have been to churches other than Christian and have determined for myself that I have chosen the right path. I pray for all of you that you find your path to Christ.

Don't hold this against me, as I am a BIG Mustang enthusiast. But, Christ and family will always come first.

Love in Christ,
Don Baggerly

15.10 Best 1/4 92.19 Best 1/4 mph (Pre-headers and connectors)(Still working on it. Target <15.00 next run)
6OnFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 PM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
I was born a Catholic so I could kill all of you dead asses and go to confession and be forgiven!!!!!!

Charles lest not drudge this up. I like you but we will never see eye to eye on this.

I am not posting on this later

Corey,
you better start that confession now being that you have posted more than 1 time on this subject...I hear the confessional calling your name...that'll be 1 hail mary, 10 our fathers...
Old 09-10-2003, 10:26 PM   #18
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6OnFire
I am a Christian, also. I have practiced my faith at several different denominations. I believe that every person should read the Bible for themselves to get an understanding of the Christian beliefs for themselves. Too many sects focus on one aspect of the Bible, which can sometimes weaken the overall message and faith. I also think that they should talk to several different practicing Christians to determine how God (Jesus) has made a difference in their lives. Jesus has worked many wonders in my life, even when I wasn't asking for them. He leads me to continually make improvements in the person that I am. I don't necessarily push my commitments and faith on other people, because I believe that Jesus (Holy Spirit) will open up opportunities for me to share my faith with them. I also believe that each individual has a different path to follow, so it would be presumptuous for me to think that I know what path they should walk.

I believe that God wants us to commune with other Christians. That is the benefit of going to Church. It also allows us to learn and grow as Christians. Sometimes based on my faith, I don't completely agree with something that is said in Church or an action taken by the Church. It is my responsibility to share that with the leaders of the Church, so we can all learn from each others viewpoint and insight. Ultimately though, one has to pray about it and have God bless him with the answers.

I have been to churches other than Christian and have determined for myself that I have chosen the right path. I pray for all of you that you find your path to Christ.

Don't hold this against me, as I am a BIG Mustang enthusiast. But, Christ and family will always come first.

Love in Christ,
Don Baggerly
Thanx for the input.

I dont know If I believe ina god or not. So many unanswered questions for both sides.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 10:32 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

boobies (o)(o)
Old 09-10-2003, 11:35 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.

Quote:
Heaven and Hell?
No
No
No, Hell no
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2003, 11:39 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by .:DarkEntity:.
Quote:
Heaven and Hell?
No
No
No, Hell no
Old 09-10-2003, 11:50 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

I was raised to go to church Sun AM, PM, Wed Night, Thur/Sat visitation. NEVER missed till I left home. Now I'm backslidden...

<offtopic>DE, are you banned from 3.8 forever now? </offtopic>
MaestroSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 02:08 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to .:DarkEntity:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaestroSC
<offtopic>DE, are you banned from 3.8 forever now? </offtopic>
No.. The DarkEntity nickname is on like a month ban - or something like that. I'm still around though, on my undercover nick name using a different ISP when I go to 3.8mustang.com... 8)
.:DarkEntity:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 04:40 PM   #24
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Im personally a non-denomination christian... but heres what i believe religion to be. First, its a way to give meaning to someones life. It helps provide answers that in some cases cannot be accurately answered. It is the development of faith to that religion, being, god, almighty one... whatever you want to call it. Each religion is true. I dont care what anyone says... buddism is true, christianity is true.. all of it. What makes it true is that its believers believe in it, and live to the standards and stipulations that make it the religion it is. Now to other poeple it might all be bull****, but youve gotta have an open mind about things like that. Im learning about the lakota religion (its a native american religion dealing with the Sioux indians) and theyre telling me that these guys go on vision quests and see buffalos moving in the trees and all this crazy stuff. Obviously i raise the bull**** flag, however... i realize to those people that what they believe is true. Just gotta keep an open mind to things and realize that by one person believing one thing, the whole world doesnt have to. What i dont like is someone of any certain religion coming off and telling everyone else that its the only one worth believing in... because thats just ignorant.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:18 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
i just have one comment...most of the people on here who claim to be christian or some type of faith have sigs or pictures on their posts that god would be extremely ashamed of. i personally am a southern baptist and believe stongly in my faith and have stuck with it. yes i was raised in this church but since owning a car i have visited many churches and have made the decision for myself as to what i want to believe. i am not forced to go to church it is something i enjoy doing because it is what god wants me to do. i believe everyone should make his/her own mind as to what they want to believe. it is my belief that god, heaven, hell, even the devil are vividly real. you can believe what you want but i pray that you see the truth. jesus christ died for you...each and every one of you...he died so that you could live and have enternal life. that means that if you believe jesus really did die for you and was actually physically raised from the dead to save you from your sins you will literally see him in heaven.
i love mustangs but they aren't first in my life. my girl isn't even first in my life and she accepts that because we are both deeply grounded in our faith. we have made a decision to not have sex because god has commanded us to do so.
you can believe what you want but this is my belief and what i believe to be the one and only religion. i worship the one and only true god and believe in him.
i just pray that if i have slipped up somewhere along the way and you get the wrong opinion of me or christians that you would not look to me. i am human, i make mistakes, jesus made no mistakes and has forgiven me of all my sins.
if you have any questions or comments please give me feedback
in christ
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 04:13 AM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to DropTop_Stang
Jesus ****ing christ. I don't really want to get involved in this other than to say that I believe there is probably a higher being or purpose, but I do not believe in a ny form of judea-christian religion. All of you go read "The Underground Man". It will be fun.
DropTop_Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2003, 09:55 AM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 98VroomVroom
Yeah..Uhh..I belive in God and Jesus is his son and what not..but I dont believe in religon because I dont like someone telling me how I should interprett(SP) the bible..God gave me a brain for a reason..Imma use it.
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
" my useless aftermarket 10" tach is off and my clutch is going out and my vtec controller broke and my Nos floormats were ripped off and my powered by honda seatbelt covers were cutting off circulation to my shifter arm".
98VroomVroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 04:34 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rellik View Post
Heaven and Hell?

How do u guys feel?
God is calling his Elect out of the church, into the Holy Bible, revealing scripture to them to inform the World. Of this I am certain as Satan rules the church in the end times. It is all in Revelation. To God be the Glory. GGBIW
2008 Ford Harley F350 V10 4X4 Crew Cab
2004 Harley FLHT with 120 cubic inch Jims Stroker
2007 Harley 1250cc Screaming Eagle Vrod
ggbiw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:17 PM   #29
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

This thread is 5 years old. No need to bring it back.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 05:27 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Locking this old thread. Its pointless to bring back from the dead.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar