Mustang VS SRT-4 - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-15-2005, 11:36 PM   #71
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Mustang VS SRT-4

My buddie just told me that he beat a GT with a supercharger. I was like "Sure you did, but he said they stopped at a gas station to talk about it and he popped the hood and showed it to him. Like I keep saying, those little cars will surprise the mess out of you, especially if you just look at it as a little 4banger.

Temporary tread into the off topic: Just imagine if you hit someone street racing and kill them. Guess what, you get to live with that for the rest of your life just because when you were younger you had to prove to someone that you had bigger balls. I wont say that I have never street raced but I don't do it off of a highway, and that is still stupid, the potential is always there for something to go wrong: with yourself, your car, the other driver, his car, other drivers, pedestrians. Just say no to street racing! Lol.

Old 12-16-2005, 12:37 AM   #72
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

The idiots over here in the Oakland area that keep getting busted and where there have been fatalities are just dumb. They stand 3ft. away from cars that are dragging down the side streets or spinning their tires. then a car loses control and hits a crowd of morons. Natural selection.
I mean come on. At least get up on a hill where the guy holding the camera is.
I'm not fully against racing but it's retarded to mix the drugs and alcahol with it because there's no control then.

Now even if you're just watching you can get fined and possible jail time. If you get caught racing, they impound your car and serve some sort of jail time or probation and pay a $2,000 fine minimum. they've really tried to crack down on it over here.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:37 AM   #73
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

street racing dont cause these accidents, stupidity does. Ive been in a few street races, no life risks, no close calls, just race, done, go on our merry ways

its those kids who dont understand that they arnt the only people on the road are the idiots, or the kids who like to race through traffic...

i mean hell, ive had people try to race me in traffic, where were only had about 3 carlengths of space between us and the next car. Idiots.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2005, 08:53 PM   #74
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
street racing dont cause these accidents, stupidity does. Ive been in a few street races, no life risks, no close calls, just race, done, go on our merry ways

its those kids who dont understand that they arnt the only people on the road are the idiots, or the kids who like to race through traffic...

i mean hell, ive had people try to race me in traffic, where were only had about 3 carlengths of space between us and the next car. Idiots.

Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2005, 11:47 PM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
My buddie just told me that he beat a GT with a supercharger. I was like "Sure you did, but he said they stopped at a gas station to talk about it and he popped the hood and showed it to him. Like I keep saying, those little cars will surprise the mess out of you, especially if you just look at it as a little 4banger.

Temporary tread into the off topic: Just imagine if you hit someone street racing and kill them. Guess what, you get to live with that for the rest of your life just because when you were younger you had to prove to someone that you had bigger balls. I wont say that I have never street raced but I don't do it off of a highway, and that is still stupid, the potential is always there for something to go wrong: with yourself, your car, the other driver, his car, other drivers, pedestrians. Just say no to street racing! Lol.
first, youre buddy probably beat a v6 and is making that up, ive yet to see a srt4 even run 13's, and the one my buddy raced in his stock 94 5.0 didnt have a chance.

second, if people are dumb enough to run in the street without looking both ways like we learnt when we were 3 years old, thats natural selection. like, you can hear two cars racing, revving high and tires squealing, so lets go into the street. yeah, ****ing smart. ill swerve into you just to get your dumb *** off this world for walking into a street when in all reality cars have the right of way on teh black pavement. you wanna walk somewhere, wait for the light and the hand that says "ok now is a good time to cross the street" or keep your *** on the SideWALK.

ive yet to see or hear of someone killing another person OTHER than the one they were racing. though the only stories i hear are honduhs wrapping THEMSELVES around a tree, or gang fights and shootings at the "organized" street racing ****. nobody has died cause a car has struck them, and its funny cause thats what people bring up. besides, 95% of racing is done at night, and who the **** is walking in the middle of the street at night?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
The idiots over here in the Oakland area that keep getting busted and where there have been fatalities are just dumb. They stand 3ft. away from cars that are dragging down the side streets or spinning their tires. then a car loses control and hits a crowd of morons. Natural selection.
I mean come on. At least get up on a hill where the guy holding the camera is.
I'm not fully against racing but it's retarded to mix the drugs and alcahol with it because there's no control then.

Now even if you're just watching you can get fined and possible jail time. If you get caught racing, they impound your car and serve some sort of jail time or probation and pay a $2,000 fine minimum. they've really tried to crack down on it over here.
yup there are alot of ****tards in oakland. theres a guy with a awd 2g talon thats pretty ****ing modded(i mean enough to where i wouldnt have had a chance at my gst's peak), he goes every weekend, but only for a few minutes and leaves before anything major happens, just makes his showing of awd force and takes off.

and i dont understand, i mean, when i DID go to the races, i was either racing in my car, or i parked a mile away and walked there. when i was in my car, even when the cops did come, there werent enough of them to pull everyone over, nor were they smart enough yet to block the exits(though they are smarter now). and the time i went on foot, when the cops came, a bunch of people just hid behind buildings and on the rooftops. i just walked the mile back to my car behind **** and left. its all the idiots who couldnt think and froze that got teh tickets.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 12:21 PM   #76
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
and who the **** is walking in the middle of the street at night?
Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i parked a mile away and walked there
Crossing the street explains the walking in the middle of the street. Hell, seems like you might have had to cross the street on a street racing night.
Old 12-17-2005, 08:10 PM   #77
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah but if theyre crossing the street when the "now is ok to walk" sign is on, than the people who are racing are ****tards for running a red light. but yeah, i dont even think the dumbest ricers around here would run a light, cause each light at most 2 lanes or larger intersections have red light cameras, so youd be fukked for running the light, and for getting caught on film racing, double pwnage.

but if theyre crossing when the "its not a good time to cross" sign is on, then you know whats up, theyre j-walking and if youre gonna do that, at least look both ways for cars before stepping into the street. if you cross and there are two cars racing at you, you either A: want to get hit cause youre a sue-happy bastard and want that nice settlement in court, or B: youre just suicidal.

not to mention if youre crossing where there ISNT a crosswalk even, than youre even stupider for not looking both ways and noticing 2 speeding vehicles coming towards you at a high rate of speed(unless theyre hondas, then they just sound fast but are really going 50) then its youre fault for not waiting 5 seconds to walk and not looking both ways and j-walking, which is a 250$ fine in cali(cause a bunch of people in HS got busted each morning for not using the c-walk between the parking lot and school), i always used the crosswalk and waited till it told me to walk, that way when i did get hit, i could say "i had the "its a ok time to walk" sign on and i am in the crosswalk zone which under the "its a ok time to walk" sign, means this part of the street is for walkers only"

then theres the "well what if a minivan full of kids pulls out and you hit them, how bad would you feel then?" well, first off, if a minivan pulls out and gets creamed, its either due to A: the minivan not yeilding the right of way to thru-traffic, or B:the person doing the hitting ran a light. Scenario A is the most common from what ive heard, 2 people doing some light racing, not even balls to the wall, since they struck the merging vehicle at 75mph, but the merging vehicle was the one who caused the accident, cause it wasnt yeilding to traffic like it should. then the racers go to jail for manslaughter cause the minivan had like 4 10 year olds in the van at 2 in the morning, when the person driving the van should go to prison for neglegance and letting their kids stay awake and not being in bed by 9:00 like most of us were raised, and for reckless endangerment, for endangering their kids lives by not knowing the rules of the road.

Old 12-18-2005, 07:20 PM   #78

Send a message via AIM to 2002silverGT

srt-4 would kill ur v-6
2002silverGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 08:51 PM   #79
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2002silverGT
srt-4 would kill ur v-6
And out from left field!
Old 12-18-2005, 11:26 PM   #80
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

All I was saying is, regardless of who's falt it was, you still killed someone. Most of the time it's the people in the race, ie: driver/passengers.
Old 12-19-2005, 02:18 PM   #81
Road Trip!

Fact is, if you wernt racing, you probably could have stopped in time and avoided killing someone. Regardless of a crosswalk, hearing your engine revving high, if they got some signal, if its a know street racing area or whatever, doing 120 and trying to stop is much different from 35 and trying to stop.

Youre doing an illegal act, a very serious illegal act, and then killing someone...you cant put the blame on anyone else but yourself.
Old 12-21-2005, 03:33 AM   #82
Road Trip!

Region: Arizona

I'm going both sides on this street racing is dumb but i cant help my self when somebody is askin for a beat down i was not impressed when i picked my 05 srt4 yesterday the thing was so much slower then my 02 GT i went and showed a friend and he was like your boost way under so i took it back and the found a bad seal on the turbo they fixed it and know i'm lovin it cant wait to get it to firebird(track)
mustang2srt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 01:06 PM   #83

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to 01mineralgrey6

my buddy has an 05 srt4, from about 40mph him and I are door to door, from a stop i can get about 2 car lengths. Very quick cars though:thumbs2:
Old 12-22-2005, 02:43 AM   #84
Road Trip!

have you done anything to your stang? whats the best you have ran at the track if you have.
Old 12-22-2005, 02:50 AM   #85
Road Trip!

one reason i bought an srt4 is i like the look and two my friend had one and we raced and he beat me bad from the back he came around me and was gone thats when i really started to like the srt4 and i know how to drive so dont start with that crap about o you probably cant drive that car just plain beat me i'v seen them run stock 13.8 the best i have ever ran when i had my gt was 14.610 at 96.33
Old 12-22-2005, 05:32 AM   #86
Legacy Member
Legacy

wow you have great grammer dude. i can tell youre a srt4 driver.

you seriously like the look of a neon though? i thought thats something only a mom could love(factly, my mom has one and loves hers). most people i talk to just bought it cause it was quick and cheap to mod, and hate the looks and hope one day the 2.4/turbo setup used in the srt4 gets stuck into a car that looks good. btw this guy had the stg2 mopar **** and my GST had no trouble putting him down on the stock t25@18psi, i could only imagine the bloodshed if he kept that car when i went on to my 16g setup and wouldve raced him with the evo16g@20psi dsmlink tuned. he got a s2k though, apparently he likes rwd without torque :dunno:

the best ive seen a stock 99-04 gt run was 14.1 with just flowmaster 40's welded in for sound. the fastest srt4 ive seen at the track - 13.8, and that guy was running drag radials and a whole lot of other ****. its all down to drivers, not many people can launch a fwd if there is such a thing, as well as not many people can drive a stang to its fullest.

Old 12-22-2005, 08:18 AM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang2srt4
have you done anything to your stang? whats the best you have ran at the track if you have.
At the time.... just a drop in K&N and a catback. haven't been to a track yet
Old 12-22-2005, 10:12 PM   #88
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Yay, another srt4 guy.........look at me, I drive a grocery getter with a shopping cart already built into the trunk.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 01:19 AM   #89
Road Trip!

well I like the front the most. I like how it's quick and gets 26 city 30 freeway(MPG) I know the stangs don't get that even the v6. How gives a crap about grammer on a forum anyway this aint no ****ing spelling bee
Old 12-23-2005, 01:24 AM   #90
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang2srt4
well I like the front the most. I like how it's quick and gets 26 city 30 freeway(MPG) I know the stangs don't get that even the v6. How gives a crap about grammer on a forum anyway this aint no ****ing spelling bee
Are you done?

This is not a spelling bee... this is a forum. We appreciate complete sentences and we like people to use the correct words when making those complete sentences. How does not = Who

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 02:49 AM   #91
Legacy Member
Legacy

i can get 20mpg city and 30mpg freeway if i really wanted to. i did 350miles on 12 gallons of gas(full tank) going down to san diego. going UP the grapevine the gas gauge didnt even move from 1/4 tank. wasnt till i got into LA did i fill up, and after that it only took me another 1/4 tank to get from LA to san diego, playing with a saleen and roush(both actual GT's with kits, not actual saleens or roushes) during that span.

Old 12-23-2005, 04:00 PM   #92
Road Trip!

No wonder people think stang guys are ********.
Old 12-23-2005, 04:55 PM   #93
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Well what you expect? He comes onto a mustang site to promote his neon. Sorry...this is not a neon site lol. Yes, I'll admit, the cars are quick and get good gas mileage, but if I was really worried about gas mileage I wouldn't be driving a mustang now would I? I'll bet I'd get the same response if I went onto a neon board and starting talking about how my mustang is soo much better lol. So yeh...maybe we're ********..but at least we look good while doing it.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 05:14 PM   #94
Regular

Quote:
and he just proved how everyone thinks srt-4 owners are ******** too. I guess we are equal then. You should have seen the post he deleted that was aimed at me

Reddit
Old 12-23-2005, 07:55 PM   #95
Road Trip!

He came on the site saying how he bought an SRT4 over his stang and said why, yet he have a guy who used to talk up his DSM jump in his ****, and its okay?

This is the same **** that went on when i was on dodge forums, even having my turbo dodge. "get off of the forum, ford boy", getting treated like **** over what car you drive and your preference. Grow up.
Old 12-23-2005, 08:05 PM   #96
Regular

Quote:
He came on the site saying how he bought an SRT4 over his stang and said why, yet he have a guy who used to talk up his DSM jump in his ****, and its okay?

This is the same **** that went on when i was on dodge forums, even having my turbo dodge. "get off of the forum, ford boy", getting treated like **** over what car you drive and your preference. Grow up.
psst check your pms

Reddit
Old 12-24-2005, 04:49 AM   #97
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
you obviously forget mr musselsfrombrussels. cool guy, till he got his little srt4, then he could do no wrong. theyre all the same, ive still yet to find a decent SRT4 driver that didnt think his neon is better than anything else.

Quote:
used to? that hurts bro. i still talk that **** up. this mustang2srt4 guy is just another SRT4Forum troll, they go out and if they find a forum making fun of their little srt4, they join, talk ****, then post their "ownage" on their little forum. and i loved stangs even when i had my dsm, at the meets, id be the one defending them from everyone else and their stereotypes.

he "says" he had a stang and got his srt4 is better. well i feel sorry for him, my gst was way way way way X11ty billion times better than his srt4, and i sold it FOR a stang. you dont see me going to the srt4 boards, making up ****, telling them how i used to have a srt4 and sold it cause it sucks, for a stang, just to defend my little car, now do ya? or make up **** on how i sold my srt4 for a fwd dsm cause its faster now do ya? then again, i cant even troll the srt4 forums, the moment i log on my IQ drops 15 points, the ignorance those srt4 guys have is amazing. i mean, who puts degreaser in their spark plug holes to clean the pistons, and wonders why he snapped a rod when he started it?

my hatred for the srt4 is almost equal to that of honduh's, or anything else fwd of that matter.

Old 12-24-2005, 03:22 PM   #98
Road Trip!

I never said "that i had anything against a stang" I just like the srt4 better plus my mustang had something wrong with it no one could figure out the problem. So i'll leave your gay little forum, just remember srt4's are faster than a mustang by about 1 second. You might be on the side of a stock srt4 if you get an intake, headers,exhaust,and better gearing which aint gonna be cheap. I'm sure after you guys read this you will be like I pulled on a srt4 hard in my stock stang go find a real driver then see what the outcome is.
Old 12-24-2005, 05:19 PM   #99

You say you have nothing againts mustangs, and yet you put them down in your last sentance...
As far as this car being faster/better than this one, etc... Be happy with what you bought/ are paying for ,nobody but you has to like it. Just remember there will ALWAYS be something faster than you are
Old 12-24-2005, 07:12 PM   #100
Road Trip!

Man you are cool thats what its all about, what you like i was tryin to make a point when i was talkin about the stang.because they were sayin that the stang is faster than the srt4 stock and its not.
Old 12-24-2005, 07:50 PM   #101
Regular

I thought you were leaving our gay forum?

Oh wait, you are now. Goodbye

Reddit

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar