I am hopelessly addicted to WoW - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-17-2005, 10:46 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh
I am hopelessly addicted to WoW

Yes, it got me. Maxim sent my buddy a trial edition of WoW. He installed it on my pc since his wouldnt run it. Omfg this game is fun. I am seriously considering getting my own subscription.

Currently have a Level 12 Undead Rogue in Silverpine and a Level 8 Orcish Hunter in Sen'Jin Village.

Anyone wants to run amok whisper me under names Chandaya(orc) or Jihadcrackhe(undead).

Old 12-17-2005, 10:50 PM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
Re: I am hopelessly addicted to WoW

i dont play it but from what i heard, if you have a girlfriend, dump her now
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2005, 11:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I really can't see myself getting into WoW. I played a bit of it when they first showed it off in E3 years n years ago.. And it just didn't impress me. Graphics look just like Warcraft 3 Graphics.. which if you have an old system, it'll play WoW just fine, so I guess that's why it's so popular.

I'm bored of MMORPG's..

I played Dark Ages of Camelot (And beta tested it before it's release), The Matrix Online (Also beta tested it before it's release), City of Heros-Villains (Yeah beta tested..) Granted they are all different, but at one point you just go.. "God damn.. this is boring."

That's why I think Online FPS games hold more interest, everything is different each time you play.. Sure, Dark Ages of Camelot had the ability so massive groups could go against each other at a time, but the lag got so bad (Server and Graphics) it was just horrific. Then of course you'd realize you are in a 5 man group against 2-3 groups of 8 people per group. You'd get your *** handed, and you're supposed to do what at that point? Wait till more people log on? Boring..

They need to bring out an MMORPG that's also really FPS based. I like the idea with what Battlefield 2 is doing, we just need to expand more on that. How's that sound?

Unlocking weapons, in game items.. fun stuff. I could see it happening. I mean.. ****. Who here has a computer and has never heard of Counter Strike?

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2005, 11:51 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I really can't see myself getting into WoW. I played a bit of it when they first showed it off in E3 years n years ago.. And it just didn't impress me. Graphics look just like Warcraft 3 Graphics.. which if you have an old system, it'll play WoW just fine, so I guess that's why it's so popular.

I'm bored of MMORPG's..

I played Dark Ages of Camelot (And beta tested it before it's release), The Matrix Online (Also beta tested it before it's release), City of Heros-Villains (Yeah beta tested..) Granted they are all different, but at one point you just go.. "God damn.. this is boring."

That's why I think Online FPS games hold more interest, everything is different each time you play.. Sure, Dark Ages of Camelot had the ability so massive groups could go against each other at a time, but the lag got so bad (Server and Graphics) it was just horrific. Then of course you'd realize you are in a 5 man group against 2-3 groups of 8 people per group. You'd get your *** handed, and you're supposed to do what at that point? Wait till more people log on? Boring..

They need to bring out an MMORPG that's also really FPS based. I like the idea with what Battlefield 2 is doing, we just need to expand more on that. How's that sound?

Unlocking weapons, in game items.. fun stuff. I could see it happening. I mean.. ****. Who here has a computer and has never heard of Counter Strike?
that's why i stick to console gaming
Old 12-18-2005, 01:06 AM   #5
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

****, that's why i have a girlfriend, lol.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:34 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
****, that's why i have a girlfriend, lol.
My girl friend fully supports me playing games, my lust for cars, and my tribal art. Just as I support her knitting and art stuff she does.

Hell she said if she gets rich she'll buy me a Cobra mustang with extra money to trick it out. That's love right there

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 01:57 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

welcome to my last summer. tried the trial and bam.. next thing you know i have 2 60s, 1 50, 1 40, 1 30 and a few under 20.. haha...

i suspended my account though. honestly, if you have ANY questions about ANYTHING about that game i can help you. i know the ins and outs of everthing from dungeons to professions to good gear at certain levels, etc.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 04:20 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

What server you play on?
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 11:48 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

i played on a few. i played on stormragre, archimonde, and arthas. archimonde was insane though. it was pvp and high population. sometimes it queued you to get online. stormrage wasnt pvp though.

Old 12-19-2005, 08:50 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

just imagine if you played GW (which is better) you would REALLY be addicted
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 04:32 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

You should look at duraton, I could get ya the hookup with an awesome guild on there.
Our's:
Old 12-19-2005, 05:53 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

I play on the hellscream server if any of you come over there.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 06:18 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Im on Draka with my undead and Greymane with my orc and new human warlock level 5.
Old 12-19-2005, 06:41 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

I am on Destromath with my 45 elf hunter and 10 human pally, gorganash with a 10 undead warlock, and another one with a 6 undead rogue.

I have looked at guild wars and it didnt impress me. I like WoW 10 times better. I think the fiancee is going to smash my computer one day cause i am on for hours at a time.

I think yall should come to Destromath. I have my own guild. I just left the 100+ one i was in for this. just a few friends and that is all. Dont really try to recruit much. The large guilds get on my nerves. Got some higher and lower lvls in it. only about 10 of us. But us higher levels are willing to power level the lower ones.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 07:05 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Have you ever heard of the leviathon guild?
Our's:
Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

who you talking to...if me no

Supermotors

Old 12-21-2005, 05:31 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Anyone lol.
Our's:
Old 12-22-2005, 12:01 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

I realized I am going to have to start all my charcters over agian once this 2 weeks thing is done since it's on his credit card. so Ive been making new ones like crazy. All the classes and races seem fun and I have my rogue up to level 14, my hunter up to 11, my warlock up to 8, my Druid up to 9, and my warrior up to 10.

How many quests are there? Do you ever finish or do they always add more?
Old 12-22-2005, 02:42 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiljosh
I realized I am going to have to start all my charcters over agian once this 2 weeks thing is done since it's on his credit card. so Ive been making new ones like crazy. All the classes and races seem fun and I have my rogue up to level 14, my hunter up to 11, my warlock up to 8, my Druid up to 9, and my warrior up to 10.

How many quests are there? Do you ever finish or do they always add more?
once you get to 60 there is still SO much to do. i had stormshroud gear and some shadowcraft for my rogue.

i suggest against palladins (although i heard they fixed them in a patch), and highly recommend rogues, priests (shadow specc'd priests are awesome), mages and warriors. those were my favorite to play. also, priests and warriors are the most needed players in the game along with mages coming in close 2nd. aka healer, tank, and dps. although a rogue is useful in dps (damage per second) there are just so many of them its hard to get epic gear in the end (always have competition who roll with you).

as for the classes.. sorry if you dont think its cool but dwarves are really awesome due to the fact that they are the allies best class in the molten core (one of the end dungeons).. although the other classes are just as good. as for horde.. undead rule by far. the best ability in the game.. will of the forsaken. its beast.

i think i saw leviathian on my server but im not sure. i dont think they are big on my servers at least. ive heard/seen them somewhere before. i was in militis justica and novus justica.. we had so many members that we had to create a 2nd guild for our alts.. militis justica was just for our mains only.

use this site.. very useful.. http://www.thottbot.com/

it has every quest, item, armor, weapon, etc.

Old 12-22-2005, 02:47 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

meh.. might as well share with you everyone's role in the end of the game (at higher levels)...

warrior - tanks
priest - heals
druid - heals
pally - heals healers (they never tank)
hunter - aggros an enemy (meaning he attacks it to pull it away from a group. he then uses a move to get rid of all the aggro on him and the warrior takes over) and dps
mage - dps
rogue - dps
warlock - dps
shaman - dps

one thing about dps is that you have to be careful.. if you do too much damage the thing will start attacking you instead of the tank. and if you are a caster or a rogue (and wear leather) the thing will completely annihilate you... especially at higher end levels. in the molten core, things one hit kill mages, rogues, etc. and at times they have at least 10 people healing the warriors holding the attention of the enemy.

phew ok im gonna stop it. i just kinda wrote a book.

Old 12-22-2005, 06:29 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

Ok well I played WoW as a free demo along with that Star Wars one.
Honestly after the first few hours Star Wars was uninstalled and then after a day or so of playing WoW it got boring. What am I missing, what makes this game fun? I am having more fun on City of Villains as a MMORPG then anything else (FPS will have to be BF2) So if anyone out there would like to explain how WoW is fun and exciting, please do, because I am very confused.
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 12:12 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

I dont like WoW due to the massive amount of time it takes, and in the end its time spend over player skill in many cases. In GW its all about skill and team work.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:28 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
I dont like WoW due to the massive amount of time it takes, and in the end its time spend over player skill in many cases. In GW its all about skill and team work.

maybe it is the way you played. It is always team work and skill of playing your character, knowing your role, etc. if you dont work as a team and you dont do your job, then you wipe.

and what takes massive amounts of time? loading? cause the game loads once and the only time it loads again is if you change continents, go into and instance, or hearthstone really. and everything but the initial load is kinda long but thats it. now massive amounts of time to finish the top is part of the enjoyment. I love working on my character trying to get to that next level.

what in GW, you start playing and a week later you are at the top? that kinda sucks. Id rather take the time going up through the levels then take a week and be the highest level.

Supermotors

Old 12-22-2005, 12:58 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

my friend had WoW and switched over to GW due to no monthly fees and he says GW is good but not as good as WoW. there are pros and cons to each. and one thing i agree with spectorv is how that you can go almost anywhere instantly whereas in WoW you spend a lot of time traveling to places. as for WoW being time > skill.. i dont completely agree with you although it does give them an edge. I could beat many level 60 characters as a 56 and lower depending on the class. thats one thing about WoW.. its VERY rock paper scissors. certain classes beat certain classes with ease. aka rogue vs warrior. at level 60 if you can beat a warrior then either the warrior sucked or you did something that deserves to be written down.

and to answer 98monte's question.. its addicting cuz once you get goin you just dont stop. i remember it like it was yesterday. i was a young pally.. a level 4. and i was in goldshire and i went wow those are level 7s. i cant wait til im a level 7. 2 hours later i was a level 7 and thought i was the ****. then im questin with a friend and killin hogger and then i go to a new zone. guess what.. there was level 18s and 19s there. i go.. wow.. i cant wait to be a level 19 and go into the deadmines. then so on and so on. its addicting cuz your never satisfied with a toon til you maximize his potential. and as long as its your thing and you have fun during it then thats why its a very fun addiction. especially after you hit 30 you can do some PVP action and that is very fun as well. its not for everyone but those who do enjoy WoW really do enjoy it for a long long time... and you might not hear from them a while. and for those who dont like that kinda thing.. well.. its just not their thing. but i bet if you played a bit longer you might have liked it. its neat at first, but it gets funner and funner. then it kinda plateaus and you think of it more of a job than a game. you tend to play it because you want to do something instead of fun. then you'll realize its taking up way too much of your time and you suspend your account for an expansion pack.. like i did.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:03 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

i also tried SW galaxies.. i almost puked that game was disgustingly bad.

it also helps if your friends play and they lead you and help you do things. i remember i had 4 of my friends on the same server as horde. they used to make me turn my pvp tag on. stand in the open. an alliance comes over and starts to attack me. a stealthed rogue friend of mine would sap them... and here comes a mage and a warrior to help us finish the job. then some more alliance would see this and attack us and so on and so on. it was a lot of fun while it lasted. voice chat helped. we also did dungeons together and stuff. me and another one of my friends were night elves on the alliance side and we did a dungeon. we spoke darnassian (the elf language) and talked about our other friend. sounds corny, but it was a lot of fun haha. just little stuff like that is fun.

Old 12-22-2005, 01:45 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

i got a few friends that play also. the ones that got me started. i have spent 14 hours straight playing. gotta love a saturday with nothing to do

Supermotors

Old 12-22-2005, 02:15 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

true true. I almost got into WoW but the fee and the time you have to play (so everyone says) to get anywhere decent is not something I would love to do.

GW is NOT a PvE game, its a fun aspect and all but its a player vs player by design, and its very competitive while being fun at the same time.

YOu ever heard of XoO (Xen of Onslaught) thats the guild I am in, we are also in WoW as with MANY other games from FPS to what ever have you.

www.xoohq.com
Old 12-22-2005, 02:35 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
true true. I almost got into WoW but the fee and the time you have to play (so everyone says) to get anywhere decent is not something I would love to do.

GW is NOT a PvE game, its a fun aspect and all but its a player vs player by design, and its very competitive while being fun at the same time.

YOu ever heard of XoO (Xen of Onslaught) thats the guild I am in, we are also in WoW as with MANY other games from FPS to what ever have you.

www.xoohq.com

WoW has different servers, some PvE some are PvP. I only play on PvP servers.

not everyone says that you gotta be higher levels for it to be good. some of the best times i had were in the 20s. then as i got to the high 30s trying to get that 40 so i can get a mount.

the first thing i said when my buddies were telling me about the game was the fee to play. i told myself i would never play a game i had to buy then pay to play. but i went over and they showed it to me and i was hooked.

they guild i have is The Guardians of War on Destromath. Need to get my pally in the guild. I really like pallys by the way. i forgot to mention it earlier. They are fun to play. Can tank and can heal. I need to work on my lvl 10 pally

Supermotors

Old 12-22-2005, 04:25 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrATEX
WoW has different servers, some PvE some are PvP. I only play on PvP servers.

not everyone says that you gotta be higher levels for it to be good. some of the best times i had were in the 20s. then as i got to the high 30s trying to get that 40 so i can get a mount.

the first thing i said when my buddies were telling me about the game was the fee to play. i told myself i would never play a game i had to buy then pay to play. but i went over and they showed it to me and i was hooked.

they guild i have is The Guardians of War on Destromath. Need to get my pally in the guild. I really like pallys by the way. i forgot to mention it earlier. They are fun to play. Can tank and can heal. I need to work on my lvl 10 pally
enjoy it while it lasts. i loved my pally til about level 40. free mount too btw. but they dont have enough dps to hold aggro. it was fustrating trying to tank some higher end dungeons becuase everytime we fought an enemy i would hold its attention for a few seconds and then it would run after the mage. however, i heard they fixed them a few months ago in a patch so it might be different now.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar