Here's another interesting question for you all. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-18-2005, 02:48 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Here's another interesting question for you all.

Paintball. Sport or not a sport?
Next, should paintball be considered a professional sport if it IS a sport?

Now, before you vote watch these videos to help decide whether this sport has any value for our kids today and in the future.

http://media.putfile.com/LA-Open-05-Mix

http://www.monkey-with-a-gun.com/pushhires.html

The best vid on there is the Push one, music AFI - Fall Children.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2005, 02:56 AM   #2
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99
Re: Here's another interesting question for you all.

I don't really think it should be in the olympics. But there should be certified competitions.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 02:59 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

I agree, no olympic sport, but it really has good values.

Sure you hear once in a blue moon some kids being idiots and doing a drive by with their paintball guns, but how often does a REAL shooting go on? Like every other night in this country or something close to that?

It also gets the kids outside, playing with others, exercising..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2005, 03:22 AM   #4
I liek gramer
Legacy

i used to play, just costs too much now.
Old 12-18-2005, 03:23 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

maybe someday... i have no problem with it being a sport, but some things the world just isnt ready for.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:20 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

did anyone like the vids at least?

Old 12-18-2005, 10:25 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

It's no spectator sport. I'd much rather watch football on TV. If there are enough people out there that would pay to watch it, I don't have a problem with people making a profession out of it. It's fun to play, not so fun to watch.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 10:31 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

I dunno, i LOVE to watch more than play. I dunno, it might just be me.. I can see myself playing as a Ref more than playing it.

Old 12-18-2005, 11:03 PM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I didn't watch the vids, but if they have to do with it being an olympic sport, it is in no way shape or form a sport and certainly not worthy of being in the olympics. If bowling isn't enough of a sport, then paint ball is not even close to worthy.

Paintball is a nice weekend past time, but it is in no way a sport. It is war games....not a sport.
Old 12-18-2005, 11:49 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Oh loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooord.

WATCH THE VIDEOS!

They are just clips of competitions put together, it's to show how competitive and how physical the sport is.

Old 12-19-2005, 06:56 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Paintball is a sport !!! I've played paintball since the early 90 & have seen it grow from a bunch of guys running around in the woods into a great sport
We now have air-balls fields & some awesome tounament series PSP, NPPL Instead of playing the paintball World Cup in a cow field in Orlando,Fl we now use the disney sports complex
All the major tourny around the country for NPPL are in the football stadium PSP league has all so made major head way for tourny location
Outdoor network is now showing paintball on TV & with the X-ball series more & more people attend the events Major sponsor from out side the sport our jumping on board sponsor teams
I've been lucky enough to have played 3 World cup event in 2001 we came in 2nd ,2002 5th, 2003 6th & I've played with some of the best player on the team strange use to ref at Thunderbay paintball which I manage Damn what was the question again ?? Yeah it's a sport Check it out http://www.pspevents.com/

P.S. Whitestang please make any correction needed

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2005, 10:47 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Too bad paintball costs too much money, that's the one huge draw back.

Old 12-19-2005, 01:53 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

I know what you mean !! Before we got some sponsorship .It would cost & arm & a leg to play 10 man tourny's
Hell for the world cup 2001 It cost the team 6,000.00 to play that event Entries fee, paint ,motels ,food, Beer & some other stuff .
But as luck would have it we placed 2nd & won $10,000.00 in paintball products Which was a pain in the *** to sell to get cash
Once you get pass the equipment cost It's not to bad in FL the field I manage on the weekends charges 10.00 field fee, 15.00 to rent a marker & mask,45.00 for a case of paint(2000 balls) If you want all day air fill it's another 10.00 or you can pay for the air fills as you need them

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
Old 12-19-2005, 02:50 PM   #14
I liek gramer
Legacy

Money is why I quit playing.
Old 12-19-2005, 05:00 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah, they need to get more people involved in paintball.. I think maybe then the prices of paintballs will drop. I mean, everything sounds great. Marker rentals 15 bucks all day? Awsome. But 45 bucks for ammo that you will possibly run out of and need to buy more? I think it's hardly fair there.

Old 12-19-2005, 05:48 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Yeah, they need to get more people involved in paintball.. I think maybe then the prices of paintballs will drop. I mean, everything sounds great. Marker rentals 15 bucks all day? Awsome. But 45 bucks for ammo that you will possibly run out of and need to buy more? I think it's hardly fair there.
Paint's expensive. If you get one of those electric paint hoses, you can mow through it in no time. I try to limit myself to 200rds or less per game. I usually don't have much trouble keeping it under that with my 'cocker.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 02:03 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

If you are playing a 20vs20 game you'll soon run outta paint

at the local park (i was still renting guns at the time) we had this huge group of people and basically the game ended up lasting almost 20 minutes. If you didn't have anymore paint, you just walked off the field.

Ok and really, I'd like some info on if you guys liked the videos or not I think the Push vid is incredibly sexy

Old 12-20-2005, 02:10 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i think BB guns on single pump is way better. dont worry, we have shatter proof goggles, but have rules to not aim for teh head and leave the rifles at one pump only, though its rare we use the rifles, and if we do, no scopes allowed. man i miss those days. when people hid behind the walls, i used to richochet the bb's off the wall into them, you wouldnt see them but youd hear *ding* *smack* "aww **** what the fawk". plus you can get 1000bb's for like 10 bucks or some cheap *** ****.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 03:10 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

you might be talking about Airsoft
also a fun alternative to paintball, a HELL of a lot cheaper.

Old 12-20-2005, 07:03 AM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

They call golf a sport, why not paintball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 10:20 AM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol if Curling is an olympic sport...........

Old 12-20-2005, 10:21 AM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
They call golf a sport, why not paintball
Because it takes a lot more coordination and skill to play golf then it will ever take to play paintball. How much does it take to point a gun and pull a trigger. And before anyone brings up aiming, from the paintball sessions i have seen on TV....75% of the shooting was just cover fire not aiming at ****. That is the reason I think paintball is not a sport. Someone that has never played it before can walk in and be good from the start. As long as you can avoid getting hit and can pull a trigger, you are in pretty good shape.

On the other hand, they do call curling a sport....and it really doesn't take a whole lot of athletic ability to push a stone down the ice or sweep the ice like you are sweeping a floor. lol.
Old 12-20-2005, 11:57 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

You can get paint cheaper !!! But you get what you pay for 45.00 a case is not that bad
Pricing has come down & that's how the field owner's make there money on paint sales Just 6 months ago the paint was 65.00 a case
I just started pump gun only games for those that can't put out the money for paint for the go fast markers & who want to up their shooting skills
I have one marker that put's out 23 BPS. I go thru 800 to 1000 rds per game(10 mins) with that beast & my tourny marker is PSP mode 3 trigger pulls & it goes full auto capped at 15 BPS
Smurfin I agree at the start of the game we put out as much paint as we can to cut off the other team from getting to there primary bunkers & to hopefully take one or two out off the break, once your in your bunker you shot cover fire so your front player can move position under your cover fire to get a better angle on the other team & shot them out
Tournament paintball is like a living chess match if you can't elimated a position you make sure you block his move & that takes shooting alot of paint

Quote:
Old 12-20-2005, 12:19 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

^ That's an excellent way to see paintball. Like a living chess match, certain pieces have to get into specific areas to win the match. Like the front man needs to advance up, the mids to take out the front and mids, and the backs to make sure no one advances

Old 12-20-2005, 12:57 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

I played out in the woods when i was in Idaho. It was so damn cold but fun at the same time.
I remember a kid from my high-school won a mustang GT from some paintball tournament. bastard.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 01:06 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Exactly !!! We spend hours running drills & coming up with a game plans,who goes where, which lanes your gonna cover
Before any major touney we walk the fields to find the best angles & strong bunkers, weak bunkers & blind spots make a drawing of the field so we can go over our plan later that night
It takes at least a hour to cover each field at the cup we played 6 fields .We even go back at dusk with laser pencil & check our shooting angle see how much protection a bunker will give you, can you shot left & right from that bunker & to see what kind of angle the other team will have on you
We also do run alot of laps around the field 3 miles before practice after that we some simple yoga to lose'n the muscles there's quite a bit of physical preparing If you want to last the touney

P.S. luv the vid's
P.S.S If you ever get to see the push vid from the Tampa NPPL Event I was in it
Click image for larger version

Name:	herb.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	23.2 KB
ID:	11753

Quote:
Old 12-20-2005, 01:11 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ya? What team you on?

Old 12-20-2005, 02:04 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

At the time of the vid I was still playing for Nonstop The team I'm currently with is Blinded By Rage It's a combination Of Vl-All Stars,Nonstop,Static & Strange B I'm at the age where I'm doing more coaching then playing-- I still get out there to show the young one I can still cyclops them,
Matt Richards & LP formally Detroit Strange now with Doc's Raiders assist with the coaching duties .Matt, LP ,Carthy ,Dirty Dave, BJ , Lil 'dave use to ref for me
LP & Matt went from my old team nonstop to Strange

Quote:
Old 12-20-2005, 07:22 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

push one didnt work for me since i have quicktime but the other was good

and as an avid (while trying to get back into it) paintballer that has played in A tourny I consider paintball a sport and a proffessional sport.

I started out playing with my little ole brass eagle stingray II with some buddies in the woods. got pretty good with that gun. My high school ROTC created a team for a National guard sponsered tourny between the local schools. for unfair calls that I wont get into we placed second.

No i am finishing up building me a better gun. Started out with a plain jane Spyder Victor II. nothing great, but I stuck a Progressive 14" barrel, emarker electric trigger, m-4 stock, empire reloader, and yesterday got in the mail my new bolt. It is a shocktech bolt. Now I gotta reassemble the gun. My main thing I gotta do is paint match my barrel. Need to buy a little bit better paint to. Last time I just bought some cheapo wally world paint.

also I would like to upgrade to air, but CO2 is all i can afford. I run a remote coil to a 20oz tank in my 6.1 harness.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 08:25 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herbstang
At the time of the vid I was still playing for Nonstop The team I'm currently with is Blinded By Rage It's a combination Of Vl-All Stars,Nonstop,Static & Strange B I'm at the age where I'm doing more coaching then playing-- I still get out there to show the young one I can still cyclops them,
Matt Richards & LP formally Detroit Strange now with Doc's Raiders assist with the coaching duties .Matt, LP ,Carthy ,Dirty Dave, BJ , Lil 'dave use to ref for me
LP & Matt went from my old team nonstop to Strange
ok you can probably answer this question for me then

is Dynasty really that GOOD?

I really want someone to just kick their *** and blow them outta every championship. I'm tired of hearing about them lol

Old 12-21-2005, 06:51 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Dynasty is that good !!! I'm not a big fan .But they can play some hard core ball ,they have taken their team work to the next level & that what's wins games everyone on the field knowing what to do , when to do it & having the skills to put it all together
These guy train very very hard & they have a 1 million dollor a year sponsorship package they fly to europe 4 times a year to play paintball But they better watch out for the russians there playing better every year

P.S. I sick of there **** too We call them Wynasty there good but they are a bunch of whinners

Quote:
Old 12-21-2005, 06:55 AM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

ESPN Presents the "US Paintball Championships" Sanctioned by the NPPL
ESPN has launched the air dates for the first series of the "US Paintball Championships" sanctioned by the NPPL. The original airings are Monday nights at 10:00 pm EST/ 7:00 pm PST starting Monday April 10 and continuing every Monday through May 29 on ESPN2. ESPN is currently editing the show's footage, which was filmed during last month's 2005 NPPL Super 7 World Series Commander's Cup in Miami. There are 8 different shows, each one hour in length.

Show 1: April 10
Show 2: April 17
Show 3: April 24
Show 4: May 1
Show 5: May 8
Show 6: May 15
Show 7: May 22
Show 8: May 29

ESPN will be promoting the show in a number of ways including a major promotional push during the NPPL Super 7 Huntington Beach event in March of 2006. Please stay tuned to www.NPPL.tv for more information yet to come on this program.

For more information on the 2006 NPPL Super 7 World Series, please visit www.NPPL.tv or call NPPL Headquarters (714) 536-9050.

For additional information on the NPPL, please visit www.NPPL.tv or call (714) 536-9050.

Quote:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar