Blower preparation *Update #1* - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-11-2003, 12:33 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to tire
Blower preparation *Update #1*

Well, my SC motor is being built right now in Kansas with all the goodies. It's just barely been started and some parts haven't come in yet. We're not sure since I'm the test car if we should keep with the 3.8 displacement from the sales standpoint, or the 4.2 displacement for the dyno #ers. Naturally, I'm all for the 4.2L for my own selfish reasons, which is power. I'm kinda sad that I won't be helping build my own motor, but I guess I should rest easier knowing someone who has done an engine overhaul before is working on it.

I've acquired a 2.5" o/r x-pipe for cheap to go along with my shorty headers, and am currently looking for a 2.5" magnaflow cat back. This will be damn near perfect flow for the projected power, if anything, it'll be restrictive, but the x-pipe will smooth the curve out some I bet for smoother power.

I haven't gotten all of my fuel upgrades but i can go ahead and install the 300lph pump. i'll wait on the injectors because i haven't touched them before, and fuel supply isn't something you fugg with unless you know what you're doing.

For this project, we're looking at the new G-Force T-5 trannies w/ dog teeth and a taller 1st gear and a lot taller overdrive (4.10's + 5th gear (.72:1 I think) = ~65mph top cruising speed). This should handle all the power we could ever through at the drivetrain, over 500rwhp.

The rear end is still a live axle 8.8 w/ 4.10:1 gear ratio and stock tlok. I may break the tlok and/or 28 spline axles so hardened 31's and a new carrier will be its replacement. With just slicks, plenty of torque, and some new drag springs and LCA's, we'd be happy with just 1.8 60's though we may be able to do better.

I've been trying to find a used line lock but since they are small, relatively cheap, and people don't take them off of their cars, it looks like we'll just have to wait until later and just burn some brake pads at the track instead. A driveshaft safety loop is also going on soon.

And no, we don't know what we'll run at the track because 1) this has never been done before and 2) track conditions, etc.
tire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2003, 01:31 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

ill help you with the injectors. sounds like its coming along nicely austin.

just remember... if you want to keep it cheap and affordable, might want to just make it a bolt-on kit for the 3.8. that way not everyone has to buy the 8.8 or the built T5 or 4.2L stroker. know what i mean?

the 28 spline should be ample enough for anything a v6 can throw at it, but IF you do break one, then i would get the 31 spline.

keep us updated, sounds like a real winner.
Old 09-11-2003, 02:30 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Oh, it'll be a bolt-on. The 8.8 and new tranny will be to handle the hard launches but won't be neccessary of course on a rarely raced daily driver.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2003, 02:34 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
when will you get her back?
Old 09-11-2003, 02:53 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

What? The motor is being built in Kansas... I'll drive up there, we'll swap the engines, and probably get trailered/towed back for a dynotune.
Old 09-11-2003, 06:11 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to slow232 Send a message via Yahoo to slow232
Re: Blower preparation *Update #1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6PowerStang

I haven't gotten all of my fuel upgrades but i can go ahead and install the 300lph pump. i'll wait on the injectors because i haven't touched them before, and fuel supply isn't something you fugg with unless you know what you're doing.
Where you not the one doubting the people here about their knowledge on S/C engines? I can't believe you think changing injectors is a big deal.

Please don't look down on other people if you can't do something basic like changing injectors.

This is not a flame ,Only an attack.
slow232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 06:13 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Re: Blower preparation *Update #1*

Quote:
Originally Posted by slow232
Quote:

Where you not the one doubting the people here about their knowledge on S/C engines? I can't believe you think changing injectors is a big deal.

Please don't look down on other people if you can't do something basic like changing injectors.

This is not a flame ,Only an attack.
he thinks everyone here knows nothing about supercharging
Old 09-11-2003, 06:14 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
What? The motor is being built in Kansas... I'll drive up there, we'll swap the engines, and probably get trailered/towed back for a dynotune.
I thought your car was in Kansas, my B
Old 09-11-2003, 07:02 PM   #9

Send a message via AIM to WH3.8FURY
UH OH Alex lets not start a flame war and get kicked off v6stang.com (Martin BTW)
WH3.8FURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2003, 11:24 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

slow232, fast64:

i do not mean to condescend anyone. i really am sorry if i ever have made it seem that way.

if you knew me as a person, you'd know that i really did not mean that. i really have a thing against arrogant people, and i'm sorry i came across that way.

austin
Old 09-12-2003, 03:34 AM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to slow232 Send a message via Yahoo to slow232
Quote:
slow232, fast64:

i do not mean to condescend anyone. i really am sorry if i ever have made it seem that way.

if you knew me as a person, you'd know that i really did not mean that. i really have a thing against arrogant people, and i'm sorry i came across that way.

austin
Hold Me!!!

Heh i was just being a ####...But you did come off a little arrogant,But anybody that is stupid enough to mod a v6 like me is cool in my book.

BTW Martin...What's up my nigguh. Wooooooo woooooooooo.
slow232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2003, 03:36 AM   #12

Send a message via AIM to WH3.8FURY
WH represent! V6 FURY!
WH3.8FURY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2003, 01:31 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

A change of plans.

The motor won't be a built supercoupe engine anymore. We will work with my stock bottom end and build the motor when SpeedKillz flies in from Kansas with the blower and everything he needs.

Brandon (Monkey) will be meeting us as well and port and polishing the lower intake and helping out.

It is looking like this X-pipe isn't going to fit just right without a little help from a welder. It allows a few degrees of play by its own design, but my collectors are spaced too close together. Hmm.

-Austin
Old 09-23-2003, 09:23 AM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

We are working on the cam now from RGR. He's excited to be grinding one for us, and is very optimistic. He's sure we'll put out more torque than any other V6 prior, but without it being tested before, there is still no way to know 100% that it will work out at all. The cam is going to be crazy... I'll probably be stalling out at stop lights here and there.
Old 09-23-2003, 11:18 AM   #15
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Hey where in kansas is it being built? I live in lawrence which is like 30 mins from kansas city, and theres actually a copule places around here that you could get a dyno tune. Also if you might need a place to stay let me know.

Mike

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 01:14 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Above I updated saying that it won't be built in Kansas. We're waiting now for money to come in once they go up for sale to build the engine. As of now, he is just going to mail me the whole kit with everything needed and I'll bolt it on. (10psi, water-air intercooler) A month or two later when we get some capital to work with, then we'll turn the car into an actual project car.

But thank you for your offer, who knows, I may take you up with it if the plans keep changing.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:22 PM   #17
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
well just let me know itd be cool to meet up with someone that knows as much as someone like you. I always love seeing rediculously modded sixers... its so much better than the ordinary v8 that everyone screws with ( granted i still love those awesome v8s)

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 08:53 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

If you were in Texas, I'd invite you over, but I doubt you'd want to drive a day just to see a six banger.

Oh, and thanks for the compliment. Believe me, I'm no guru... not even close. (Ask Brandon, I'm sure he'll find something stupid to make fun of me for) I'm still a newbie engine-wise for sure. But expect a looong info and how-to article when this is all said and done.
Old 09-23-2003, 09:26 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

nah, im not going to make fun of you austin.

we'll be able to get you a good article/how-to when we install it all.
Old 09-23-2003, 10:52 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monkey
nah, im not going to make fun of you austin.

we'll be able to get you a good article/how-to when we install it all.
Fine, play it that way, I'll do it myself.

Once upon a time, Austin didn't know jack. Austin got a Mustang. Austin drilled holes in his '00 stang's hood behind the black plastic insert where it looks like ram air to make a real ram air system. However, Austin was a putz and was a stoopid newbie. He had to get a GT hood scoop to cover his putziness.

I will say I have a good learning curve, I hope. :
Old 10-06-2003, 09:34 AM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

The dyno for the singleport V6 has been postponed but I'll post it ASAP once it's run. Should be in a week or so!
Old 10-06-2003, 11:04 AM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to NOStang00 Send a message via Yahoo to NOStang00
NOStang00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2003, 01:14 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Oh hey, I know you. I haven't seen any of your threads about you selling your stang, get on that so you can get that LS1!

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar