Beware of Crazy horse Racing in NJ - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 12-23-2005, 08:06 AM   #1

Beware of Crazy horse Racing in NJ

I would just like to inform the Mustang community to beware of Carzy Horse racing in NJ. I had taken my 00 supercharged focus into Crazy Horse racing for an engine ovehaul. as pre chris Winters, he suggested building a forged motor over a crate motor because of the 12-14 PSI I was pushing. I agreed and the engine teardown began. Chris promised the car in a month, I recieved the car 9-months later after 3-engine failures prior to me even recieving the car! On the fourth engine B&B Racing in Rahway NJ built the motor. Chris and B&B never replaced the overhead cam idler pulleys that had over 100K on them. My agreement with Chris was to replace anything that would make the car un-reliable or unsafe. It is general knowledge to replace $75.00 worth of parts when building a 9K motor and trans. Anyway the belt pulley went after maybe 1000 miles and destroyed the engine. Chris's exact quote was "I should have cherged you $20K and replace your whole car". This was after he was paid in full! I would not recommend anyone going to CHR in NJ for anything. Chris will not make good, I have 2-indepedent shops look at the car and they both agreed that the pulley was what caused the problem, the ford manual even states to replace the timing belt pulleys during cam belt change and or engine overhaul. IT is there in PRINT!
boostdfoci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-23-2005, 09:03 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick
Re: Beware of Crazy horse Racing in NJ

yup, you aren't the only one that i've heard of problems with crazy horse, i know people that have gone there and had their cars there for months and nothing even happened to it.

www.teamcjmf.org has some better places to go to, i think even some horror stories from that place

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2005, 09:36 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its always best to not only talk to the people and investigate but to talk to their customers and to talk to the local legal system and see if any suits have taken place aginst thema and get it in WRITING what they WILL do and in what time frame they will do it else they pay.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-31-2009, 01:31 PM   #4

I also had a problem with Crazy Horse Racing. I brought my 98 mustang gt down to chris as well last year (2008). Everything seemed good in the beginning, we were a little worried though cause after we went into town for 7 hours, then came back, he didnt have it on the dyno at all. Also before that Chris was telling us to rent of car to go home and to leave the car. At that point we were worried. So we rent a car back home, central new york. I tell him to call me if the car needs work, tell me what it needs, how much the cost would be, and we would go from there. Chris also said it would take about a week to do the car. Week passes by, I call like twice a day and no one in the shop knows whats going on, ever. I only talked to chris a few times. Everyone was rude as hell over the phone also. So the car was there for a month and a week. Nothing was done except he changed the spark plugs, 1000 bucks i payed, for spark plugs. I did get the tuner about a week and a half after I had already been home in NY. The car ran worse then when i brought it there, I stalled over 30 times on the way home. I picked it up had to tell the people to take the garbage they put in it out of my car. No one knew anything about anything, and the black covers that you place over the spark plugs, gone. Now im struggling to find them on the internet. The whole time my car was down there I never got one phone call from chris, I ALWAYS had to call him. Then he tells me he called me afterwards when i called about my tuner, lol. What a joke. I could get the phone records to prove it. Thank god we went to get my car when we did, or else if I left it there, i would have been paying 9k like the man in the other thread. I did not take legal action because it would be a hassle. I was simply happy to get my car out of his shop and Jersey for that matter. I'll never go there again and dont recommend it to anyone, they are unprofessional, untrustworthy and what was most frustrating, no one knew anything about the blue 98 mustang gt.
I was in the United States Marine Corps for 1 term (4 years), almost died countless times while serving in Iraq and thats how Im repayed for service of my country. Its situations like this that must be heard and put out there for others to be warned of. Thanks Crazy Horse Racing.
edribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:10 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

eh, i'd take it a step further and just say "beware of NJ"

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 05:52 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

thread necro with bonus unrelated iraq war mention
ThaWill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2009, 07:19 PM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

horrible stupid people that dont know how to run a business or just like ripping people off... sad but this is the main reason I dont do more to my car... people wont stand behind their work and will stab you in the back or a buck
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar