Yarg.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-10-2006, 12:55 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Yarg..

The search still goes on for the Mustang GT. I went by Rydell Chevrolet and they had 2 used Mustang GT's. I was with Chris at the time, so he stopped by there and we checked them out.

First:

http://rydellchevrolet.cms.dealer.co...a9a32cf83db086

A 2000 Mustang GT - $7988!

I looked at it and found a few odd things.. like the door wouldn't shut tightly anymore, the front headlights were fogged the **** up, and holy **** 87k miles o_O What was worse was when I got in the car, there was a weird funk smell to it. Then I opened the center console and jesus ****ing christ it's like something laid a **** in it.

NEXT!!

http://rydellchevrolet.cms.dealer.co...2f7cfe38911944

A 2002 Mustang GT Convertible - $13,977

Okay, I saw a bunch of chipped paint on it, a few scratches, but the tag on car said "Better" I'm like "What the **** does better mean? And compared to what?" It looked okay, 38k miles which is fine I suppose.
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2006, 01:25 AM   #2
Registered User
Regular
 
Brent's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 11,873
Re: Yarg..

Patience and you will finally find the car you are looking for
__________________

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 08:50 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: Yarg..

you're really gonna complain about under 40k on a 4 year old car? Well good luck to finding a low milage car without getting raped by the stealership. The lights tend to get chipped up after awhile and look foggy. You can barely see at night in my dads 01 now.
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 01-10-2006, 09:20 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
wiarumas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Maryland
Posts: 1,738
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
you're really gonna complain about under 40k on a 4 year old car? Well good luck to finding a low milage car without getting raped by the stealership. The lights tend to get chipped up after awhile and look foggy. You can barely see at night in my dads 01 now.
yeah, my 99 is really bad.
__________________

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
lowflyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Region: Mississippi
Posts: 19,890
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
you're really gonna complain about under 40k on a 4 year old car? Well good luck to finding a low milage car without getting raped by the stealership. The lights tend to get chipped up after awhile and look foggy. You can barely see at night in my dads 01 now.
That is the main reason I got the headlight covers, on road trips, it keeps all the junk off the headlights, sad part is I'm gonna need another set of covers soon, these are scratched to heck and back.
__________________
"I'm not driving too fast...just flying too low"
Mine:
-03 SB Cobra vert- 2552 of 5082 Born 02/25/03
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
335
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:42 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: Yarg..

there are a ton of GTs around here, and Im of course looking for a cobra... only 3 in the area that I can hunt down. I am going to inspect one of them... if it turns out to be in good shape we will see... I am betting it wont be up to par with what I am expecting... we shall see.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 03:09 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Yarg..

^hope it goes well
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 07:12 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
dark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 1,389
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
there are a ton of GTs around here, and Im of course looking for a cobra... only 3 in the area that I can hunt down. I am going to inspect one of them... if it turns out to be in good shape we will see... I am betting it wont be up to par with what I am expecting... we shall see.
*cough*
__________________
I don't own a mustang at the moment
dark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
like the door wouldn't shut tightly anymore, the front headlights were fogged the **** up, and holy **** 87k miles o_O What was worse was when I got in the car, there was a weird funk smell to it. Then I opened the center console and jesus ****ing christ it's like something laid a **** in it.
the door just needs an adjustment.

get new headlights, mine are a lil fogged and its a 02.

87k? dude i got mine at 80k. dont be scurred of high mileage, especially if all youre gonna do is drive it lightly.

fabreeze pwns.

for 8k for a 99-04 is a ****ing deal dude. my 02 has 80k on it and was 16k, be it it smelt new, looks new, and had nothing bad about it other than the mileage, which ive only put about 3k on it.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 11:12 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
the door just needs an adjustment.

get new headlights, mine are a lil fogged and its a 02.

87k? dude i got mine at 80k. dont be scurred of high mileage, especially if all youre gonna do is drive it lightly.

fabreeze pwns.

for 8k for a 99-04 is a ****ing deal dude. my 02 has 80k on it and was 16k, be it it smelt new, looks new, and had nothing bad about it other than the mileage, which ive only put about 3k on it.
I'd plan on driving it.. opposite of lightly
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:01 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Yarg..

Oooooooooooooo

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonl...2/81822552.htm
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 12:45 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I'd plan on driving it.. opposite of lightly
i mean light as in youre not planning on doing a 2hr daily commute with it, thus racking up more miles on a car with lots of em already.

i drive mine maybe 3 miles a day unless i go somewhere other than work.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2006, 01:21 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Seph's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: California
Region: California
Posts: 908
Re: Yarg..

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i mean light as in youre not planning on doing a 2hr daily commute with it, thus racking up more miles on a car with lots of em already.

i drive mine maybe 3 miles a day unless i go somewhere other than work.

Oooh, yes I meant gunning it all over the place... which is what I'd be doing in it :p
__________________
-Patrick
http://home.socal.rr.com/sephiros/images/NewBan.jpg

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


» Like Us On Facebook



04:41 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.