So did the holocaust really take place ? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-17-2006, 03:24 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
So did the holocaust really take place ?

http://www.click2houston.com/news/6121679/detail.html
TEHRAN, Iran -- Iran said Sunday it would sponsor a conference to examine the scientific evidence supporting the Holocaust, an apparent next step in hard-line President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's campaign against Israel and a move likely to deepen Tehran's international isolation.

Ahmadinejad already had called the Nazis' World War II slaughter of 6 million European Jews a myth and said the Jewish state should be wiped off the map or moved to Germany or the United States.

Those remarks prompted a global outpouring of condemnation, and Tehran further raised international concern last week when it resumed what it called "research" at its uranium enrichment facility.

The International Atomic Energy Agency, the U.N. organization that monitors nuclear proliferation, said Iran was resuming small-scale nuclear enrichment, a process that can produce fuel for atomic bombs.

That, in turn, prompted Washington and its allies to renew their push to take Iran before the U.N. Security Council for the possible imposition of sanctions.

The United States, its European allies and Japan believe Tehran is trying to build a nuclear weapon. Iran denies the charge and says its nuclear program is only for electricity generation.

Foreign Ministry spokesman Hamid Reza Asefi did not disclose where or when the Holocaust conference would be held, nor would he say who would attend or what had prompted Tehran to sponsor it.

On Saturday, however, Ahmadinejad urged the West to be sufficiently open-minded to allow a free international debate on the Holocaust. Asefi adopted that theme.

"It is a strange world. It is possible to discuss everything except the Holocaust. The Foreign Ministry plans to hold a conference on the scientific aspect of the issue to discuss and review its repercussions," Asefi told reporters.

Earlier this month, the Association of Muslim Journalists, a hard-line group, proposed holding a similar conference, but Asefi said he was not aware of the association's wishes. He said the conference he announced was planned and supported by the ministry.

Rep. Tom Lantos, D-Calif., a holocaust survivor who was born in Budapest, Hungary, has said he understood Iran was considering a conference that would call into question evidence that the Nazis conducted a mass murder of European Jews during World War II.

Israel and Iran had good relations until the 1979 Islamic revolution led by Grand Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini deposed Shah Mohammad Reza Pahlavi. Israel had backed the shah, apparently prompting Khomeini to term it the "Little Satan."

Ahmadinejad has adopted rhetoric reminiscent of Khomeini, seemingly trying to breathe life back into the waning revolutionary spirit in the country, whose residents are not traditionally anti-Jewish.

Before the revolution about 100,000 Jews lived in Iran, but three-fourths fled during the upheaval.

Ahmadinejad, who took office in August, caused an international outcry in October by calling Israel a "disgraceful blot" that should be "wiped off the map."

Leaders around the world also condemned him after he called the Nazi slaughter of Jews during World War II a "myth." He later said that if the Holocaust did happen, then Israel should be moved to Germany or North America, rather than making Palestinians suffer by losing their land to atone for crimes committed by Europeans.

Since the Islamic revolution, Israel has considered Iran a primary and existential threat. As Tehran's nuclear program has moved forward, the Israelis - who have nuclear weapons but do not to admit possessing such an arsenal - have refused to rule out using military force to destroy the Iranian program.
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 03:51 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: So did the holocaust really take place ?

Man, this guy's an idiot. Maybe we should nuke the hell out of Iran, killing all of its citizens, and just tell everyone that it didn't really happen.

"Nuke Iran? What are you talking about? That's just a big myth."

I think Bush could pull it off.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:36 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2006, 04:37 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

that guy is an idiot... and i hope your later remark is meant to be a joke.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:43 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
that guy is an idiot... and i hope your later remark is meant to be a joke.
if your talking about the title of the thread, yeah its not serious..was just in referal to the story not my personal opinion.
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 04:55 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

the result of a generation of propaganda.....

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:00 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

And if you were talking to me, yeah it was sarcasm to show how incredibly ignorant someone would have to be to believe that the death of millions people could simply be some myth made up for some sort of personal gain.

People like this should be thankful that we, and other countries, sent our soldiers to die to prevent the further spread of Hitler and his idea of racial supremacy. After all, if left unchecked the Germans could have marched straight through the Middle East and began "cleansing" it next. Guess it wouldn't have been such a myth then.

Basically, they are grasping for reasons to justify their hatred for Israelis. Still, looks like they could come up with something better than this. All I can say is they're making their own bed, because I can guarantee they will regret messing with Israel.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2006, 05:07 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
if your talking about the title of the thread, yeah its not serious..was just in referal to the story not my personal opinion.
naw...i was talking about bbunt's comment about Bush pulling off nuking iran
but, yes..he has adressed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar