If you could... - Page 3 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-25-2006, 10:51 PM   #71
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-
Re: If you could...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
Nothing against SBF engines, but I just think of the SBC as the ultimate hot street car motor. Cheap to build, nearly limitless aftermarket, and displacement combinations ranging from under 300ci all the way up to 427ci. All the parts are interchangeable, too. Heads, cams, intakes, distributors, headers, all work on any small block Chevy (they started to get away from this in the mid-80's and the new LSx motors have abandoned it completely). It's a beautiful thing.
i agree 100% with the money in change I could find walking a mall parking lot I could build a 500hp chevy 350...but id rather walk 3-4 parking lots and build a 351C
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 10:55 PM   #72
Road Trip!

Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
now compare the ls1(5.7L) to a 5.4L(n/a) and you get a better comparison. most stangs that do the 5.4 swap are in LS1 territory with just the swap, if not a bit faster.
And how many cams does the 4.6/5.4 have compaired to the LS1?

You want to get into engine swapping, lets see an iron block 6.0 version of the LS1 dropped into an f-body. Then compair it to this swapped 5.4 in a mustang.

Thats right, you cant compair it.

"My dad can kick your dads ***!", "id hope so! he's in a wheel chair!"
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 10:59 PM   #73
Regular

Region: Tennessee

It never ends lol. I dont care if the LS1 is faster. Good for it being faster. I like Mustangs. End of story. That is all that matters and all that should matter. Speed is nice and the Mustang has speed...

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2006, 11:06 PM   #74
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
youre an idiot. of course the ls1 will be better, its only a 350cu engine versus a measly 281. now compare the ls1(5.7L) to a 5.4L(n/a) and you get a better comparison. most stangs that do the 5.4 swap are in LS1 territory with just the swap, if not a bit faster. besides, having been in my coworkers husbands 02 SS before i had my stang, i wasnt much impressed. and thats when i was running untuned 15psi, and all i could think of was "thats it?" i like the feel of the smaller 4.6 actually. im not too worried, cause most LS1 drivers need the extra power to make up for their lack of driving skillz.
yea but whats the cost of the 5.4 swap? thats a ****load of money "to be in ls1 territory" Id rather have a new H/C/I on my outdated pushrod motor and be more then "in ls1 territory"
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2006, 11:09 PM   #75
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
It never ends lol. I dont care if the LS1 is faster. Good for it being faster. I like Mustangs. End of story. That is all that matters and all that should matter. Speed is nice and the Mustang has speed...
Exactly my thoughts. I have built several very fast Camaros but I have a V6 stang!!! Why you ask??? Well I like the stang. I like the inside cockpit I like the stance. Sure I looked at the Camaros and Firebirds but they seemed dated. I will always think the Small block Chevy is really the greatest hot rod engine ever for the best bang for the buck and ease of maintenance but the Chevy cars themselves just weren't getting it.
Old 01-25-2006, 11:20 PM   #76
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
Congratulations. You win a nomination for most incredibly stupid post of the year.
psst joke ......

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar