anyone know anything about supplements? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-26-2006, 01:54 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
anyone know anything about supplements?

yeah, nutritional supplements. I'm on a whey protein supplement right now, thinking about 2 other ones.. other than my multivitamin.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2006, 02:03 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: anyone know anything about supplements?

Arsenic

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:18 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

note to those thinking about trying said supplement... Arsenic is not a supplement, it is a poison commonly found in rat poison, or meth... and minorly in cigarrettes. (thanks Brent, I needed that one )

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-26-2006, 02:22 PM   #4
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
note to those thinking about trying said supplement... Arsenic is not a supplement, it is a poison commonly found in rat poison, or meth... and minorly in cigarrettes. (thanks Brent, I needed that one )

Reddit
Old 01-26-2006, 02:29 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

it's good to know you care

Old 01-26-2006, 02:38 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq

I just take several vitamins.

Vitamin C, B complex, E, ginkgo biloba, garlic, fish oil, ginger, Formula I, holy basil, zinc and probably a couple others.

of course this isn't a daily basis since some of them I have to have food with or else I'll puke, but I try to take them often.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 02:42 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to mustang22 Send a message via Yahoo to mustang22

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_luv_HP&trq
I just take several vitamins.

Vitamin C, B complex, E, ginkgo biloba, garlic, fish oil, ginger, Formula I, holy basil, zinc and probably a couple others.

of course this isn't a daily basis since some of them I have to have food with or else I'll puke, but I try to take them often.
It would be alot easier for you to go get a multivitamin from GNC or somewhere else that has all of those vitamins in it, rather than taking them all separately.
Old 01-26-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol, yeah, DAMN... that's a lot of pills. Take a multi-vitamin with some food... almost all of those are in there... I saw today, some cinnamon supplement, it's supposed to help boost sugar metabolism?

Old 01-26-2006, 03:33 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

what is your goal with this?

if you want to get a little bigger, just do what i am gonna start doin, stack supplements.

right now i am on no2 and no-xplode, i take 4 pills (5 if you are more than 200lbs) 30min before breakfast and 4 30min before lunch..........i do my workouts around 7, so at 6:30 i will take 3 scoops (no-xplode is a powder) with 12oz of cold water then wait a little, do some situps then walk to the fitness center to start the workouts. i havent exactly followed it to a T (dont really eat breakfast, fast food once a week) but i have noticed results, i have been on it for about a 6-8 weeks and i have seen results that would normally take 3-4 months to get without them......

if you just take no2, expect to go through a bottle before you start seein results, which is about 3 weeks worth.

now, on to stacking supplements. the guys at gnc recommended stackin a product called ce2 and then the no2 and eliminating the no-xplode. what ce2 does is pretty much the exact same thing as a product called "cell mass". the way to "stack" these are as follows:
no2.......30min........eat.......90min (i think, not sure though, might be 60).....ce2.............work out...............recovery meal (protien shake, whey protien, etc).

now it says to take these twice a day, so what i will do is follow that, but in the morning, stop after i take the ce2, b/c i would probably either be at work or class. but thats my evening routine i will start when my no2/no-xplode cycle is finished. and the good thing about ce2 is that it has NO water retintion, so when you notice results, you will notice them moreso than with products that do have water retention.

also, you will need to take a multivitamin too. i am just gonna pick up some mega men multivitamins while i am there and just take that after the ce2 in the morning and with my recovery meal in the evening, since you have to take them twice a day.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 03:38 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

here is the kit of the stack you can buy

http://www.gnc.com/product/index.jsp...entPage=search

here are the supplements
Old 01-26-2006, 03:59 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Beer is a great supplement, especially if you want to put on a few pounds (notably in the stomach area). The best thing about beer is that when you drink it in large quantities, it can make you and everyone else around you look great! :beer:

Seriously though, if you want supplements to gain weight, just start eating... a lot. Not just anything and everything (avoid junk food), but a lot of red meats, home prepared meals, and all the peanut butter and tuna fish you can stomach. (Note: I personally can't stomach any tuna fish) Eat a lot of small "meals" every day. Combine this with hitting the weights, and voila. I've gained about 10 pounds in a month and a half just by doing this, which is a lot considering how small I am and how high my metabolism is.

I'm sure supplements can make the process a lot faster though. I guess it's just a matter of whether you mind taking them (and spending the money on them) or if you'd rather do it "naturally". :dunno:

When spring gets a little closer it'll be time to cut down on the food intake and start doing a little cardio though...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:02 PM   #12
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

The only supplement i use is iron, but I don't take it, I pump it! Thats all the supplement I need.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:08 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang22
It would be alot easier for you to go get a multivitamin from GNC or somewhere else that has all of those vitamins in it, rather than taking them all separately.
actually the potency of a multivitamin is less then if I were taking them seperately. plus they don't all contain what i've listed. some days i need more of one then the other. i don't buy anything from GNC anyways.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
Old 01-26-2006, 04:28 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i use 100% whey protein. i get the chocolate one from GNC. it works and its not that bad for you. i would stay away from creatine, but protein shakes only dehydrate you.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol, I don't wanna put on weight, I wanna take it off... I have another 35 pounds to go before I work on getting ripped... I'm currently doing a whey protein to keep my current muscles (including 18" guns... which will look great)... so yeah, which ones to help keep muscle tone, and drop fat?

Old 01-26-2006, 05:09 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
lol, I don't wanna put on weight, I wanna take it off... I have another 35 pounds to go before I work on getting ripped... I'm currently doing a whey protein to keep my current muscles (including 18" guns... which will look great)... so yeah, which ones to help keep muscle tone, and drop fat?
Actually I don't think you need a supplement to get tone. I'd recomend (if you're not doing already) a good cardiovascular work out. Wear a sweatshirt and sweat pants at the gym and drink a good amount of water. Eventually the fat you don't want will burn off. To keep the muscles tone I'd do a light work out for them so they don't get bulky and turn to fat later on, but mainly concentrate on sweating and burning off the fat.

The other thing is to eat healthy and to not snack late at night.
I got rid of 35 lbs in about 5 weeks from doing the stuff I listed and i've kept it off for good. So in summary, keep up the vitamins and work out on a continual basis and watch what you eat.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:18 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

treadmill + sweats + lots of water = lost weight

i know some kids who wear garbage bags and do workouts too. just make sure you keep hydrated.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2006, 05:38 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, I dropped 30 pounds since x-mas... with diet and exercise. I have 35 or so to go. my muscles are actually getting bigger, as the fat is starting to go away... I just want something to aide the process.

Old 01-26-2006, 05:42 PM   #19
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
The only supplement i use is iron, but I don't take it, I pump it! Thats all the supplement I need.
You dont even work out you homo

Reddit
Old 01-26-2006, 06:14 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
I just want something to aide the process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
Old 01-30-2006, 01:13 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to red pony V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiarumas
treadmill + sweats + lots of water = lost weight

i know some kids who wear garbage bags and do workouts too. just make sure you keep hydrated.
most of the weight you are losing when doing this is just water weight when you're sweating it out, but you still burn fat none the less.

and DO NOT SHOP AT GNC!!! they rape you with their overpriced stuff.

i have discovered an awesome supplement called Muscle Milk. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/milk.html this stuff tastes so freakin' good that you don't even realize it's a protein shake! i bought banana creme and i would drink a gallon of it if i could. but it's alot more than just a protein shake. check it out. and just to give you an idea on how GNC rips you a new one, i bought that Muscle Milk stuff at the Vitamin Shoppe for $26, and GNC was selling it for $42. you do the math.
MGW shifter
and slow as hell...
red pony V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 01:48 PM   #22
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by red pony V6

i have discovered an awesome supplement called Muscle Milk. http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/cs/milk.html this stuff tastes so freakin' good that you don't even realize it's a protein shake! i bought banana creme and i would drink a gallon of it if i could. but it's alot more than just a protein shake. check it out. and just to give you an idea on how GNC rips you a new one, i bought that Muscle Milk stuff at the Vitamin Shoppe for $26, and GNC was selling it for $42. you do the math.
omg are you kidding.........that ****s so ****in nasty

i bought the vanilla flavored one.................... gross
Old 01-30-2006, 04:08 PM   #23
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Wheaties?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 04:49 PM   #24
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to red pony V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
omg are you kidding.........that ****s so ****in nasty

i bought the vanilla flavored one.................... gross
dude, try a different flavor then cuz i've heard nothing but good things about this stuff and the thing people say most is how good it tastes. if you like bananas, try the banana creme! it's excellent! cookies and cream will be my next one.
MGW shifter
and slow as hell...
red pony V6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:32 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

I already do a whey protein that tastes very good, and I'm getting 120% of my daily protein.... I'm sorta meaning like pills... lol.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar