Best Presidents - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:33 AM   #36
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Re: Best Presidents

And it was FDR's concept to bring the policies of big business to Government which brought the country out of the great depression. He may not have been the best president during his third and fourth terms, but his leadership positioned the USA to become a super power.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2006, 12:05 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Regarless of whether anyone believes he prolonged the Depression, FDR racked up a national debt that will probably never be payed back by doing things like paying workers to dig ditches and then paying people to come in behind and fill them up.
Old 01-30-2006, 12:06 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Most Economists think FDR was a crack pot when it came to Economics.

Old 01-30-2006, 12:18 PM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

From Brent:There is no one greatest President in my opinion. Since times have changed there have been oppurtunities for both Presidents to show their true colors in leadership and show their ugly colors as well.

Some of my favorite Presidents are:

George Washington....He was the original
Thomas Jefferson......He was OK
Abraham Lincoln (Very good President)....He sucked ***. He was the only President to wage war on American. How can he be considered great????
Teddy Roosevelt.........He was the man
Woodrow Wilson.....He did a decent job
Franklin Roosevelt....Help us during the depression but also helped create the bullcrap we call Welfare
Harry Truman....Was a fine president in difficult times
John F. Kennedy... Was a blow monkey who trained and sent cubans to retake their country but gave them no support leaving them to die in the Bay of Pigs debacle.
Ronald Reagan...Was the greatest president of our time. Burried the Russians
George Bush Sr....Was a a good leader and brought the world together to remove Saddam's troops from Kuait

Now all of those I consider real fine leaders. Some on your list were not so good
Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #40
Regular

Region: Tennessee

If the Civil War does not occur where are we today?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:48 PM   #41
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
Most Economists think FDR was a crack pot when it came to Economics.
Examples?

Reddit
Old 01-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #42
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

We're the happy Confederate States of America.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 12:49 PM   #43
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
Regarless of whether anyone believes he prolonged the Depression, FDR racked up a national debt that will probably never be payed back by doing things like paying workers to dig ditches and then paying people to come in behind and fill them up.
He paid people in a time when no one could get a job. The National Debt is not that important when you have the majority of your population unemployeed.

Reddit
Old 01-30-2006, 12:50 PM   #44
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
We're the happy Confederate States of America.
I'll take where we are today

Reddit
Old 01-30-2006, 01:31 PM   #45
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

My next vote would go for Jefferson Davis. THE SOUTH WILL RIIIISE AGAIN!!!
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 05:15 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
He paid people in a time when no one could get a job. The National Debt is not that important when you have the majority of your population unemployeed.
The biggest screw up was his interference with free enterprise that, as we all know, helps grow the economy. He restricted private businesses because "Big Daddy" would always be there to underbid the local businesses that would employ locals and keep money circulating where it was needed most. Some small business owner would try to get alittle competitive hoping to grow his business, and as a side effect employ more people, and FDR would step in and put a stop to it because it wasn't "Fair to the other businesses", even though if they had showed the same amount of initative, they would have been just as successful.
So, no one could get a job because free enterprise was not allowed to work and employ more people. And all FDR did was make people more dependant on the government instead of pulling themselves up and, ultimately becoming self sufficient instead of having to wait in FDR's bread lines.
Old 01-30-2006, 06:27 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

^ I think Chuck Norris was our best president lol

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:45 PM   #48
Registered Member
Regular

lincoln- why i remember back in my day, me and lincoln used to hang out by the creek and fish, and then he became pres. and never forgot about me when he got all that power and i was still a middle class worker.

lincoln
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2006, 10:52 PM   #49
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If the Civil War does not occur where are we today?
When lincoln ran for president he ran on a ticket of against states rights and said if he was elected he would raise a army and bring the south in line. Less than 2 weeks after the election he signed an exeuctive order to raise a 70,000 man army to wage war on the south. As a matter of fact he was not even on any ballot in the south.

Now I am not saying I would have wanted the south to win but the truth be told when he made the supposed emancipation proclamation it was written for the south. It was not until after the war that the blacks in the north were freed. another interesting fact was Jeff Davis was 2 weeks away from emancipating blacks anyway. Lincoln beat him to it.

No the truth be told the economic reality was southern business were forbidden by law to bring their products to market without Northern Brokerage houses. So bad economic policies by the federal government caused the unrest in the south. The war did not have to happen if it was not for bad policies toward the south. When Lincoln was elected the South saw the writing on the wall and states started the process succession. Interesting is Lincoln suspended many constitutional rights during the war.

How would you like it if Edward Kennedy was elected president and raised an army to force the south to give up guns or any other Federal demand.

No I say people have rewritten history to make lincoln a great man yet in real world history not taught he was the great divider and was responsible for the deaths of at least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, yet the real tally is more like 700,000. These numbers came from here

http://www.civilwarhome.com/casualties.htm
Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
lincoln- why i remember back in my day, me and lincoln used to hang out by the creek and fish, and then he became pres. and never forgot about me when he got all that power and i was still a middle class worker.

lincoln
Dude lay off the weed a little!!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 11:00 PM   #51
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
Dude lay off the weed a little!!!!

i dont smoke weed.............i'm just very very imaginative
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 12:39 PM   #52
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
When lincoln ran for president he ran on a ticket of against states rights and said if he was elected he would raise a army and bring the south in line. Less than 2 weeks after the election he signed an exeuctive order to raise a 70,000 man army to wage war on the south. As a matter of fact he was not even on any ballot in the south.

Now I am not saying I would have wanted the south to win but the truth be told when he made the supposed emancipation proclamation it was written for the south. It was not until after the war that the blacks in the north were freed. another interesting fact was Jeff Davis was 2 weeks away from emancipating blacks anyway. Lincoln beat him to it.

No the truth be told the economic reality was southern business were forbidden by law to bring their products to market without Northern Brokerage houses. So bad economic policies by the federal government caused the unrest in the south. The war did not have to happen if it was not for bad policies toward the south. When Lincoln was elected the South saw the writing on the wall and states started the process succession. Interesting is Lincoln suspended many constitutional rights during the war.

How would you like it if Edward Kennedy was elected president and raised an army to force the south to give up guns or any other Federal demand.

No I say people have rewritten history to make lincoln a great man yet in real world history not taught he was the great divider and was responsible for the deaths of at least 618,000 Americans died in the Civil War, yet the real tally is more like 700,000. These numbers came from here

http://www.civilwarhome.com/casualties.htm
Amen brother, I would have tackled Lincoln too, but didn't think I could get away with it because he is the greatest President as far as equal rights goes...wink, wink...

It's amazing what you find out in college level history classes and by doing your own research.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar