A night out on the Ritchie 500... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-05-2006, 10:14 AM   #1
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci
A night out on the Ritchie 500...

A little backround info here. The Ritchie 500 is a nick name for Ritchie highway, its in glen burnie, which is that boarderline trailer park/hot topic kid type of area. Its a big ricer hotspot on the weekends, and its just fun to go cruise around. Sometimes you run into some really cool people and nice cars...and other times youre looking around like "why did you dad let you borrow the car"

so i was cruising around, had my girlfriend in the car, and this girl in a shadow wants to race me. So whatever, i drop 3rd, let her get 2 cars ahead, lay into it and scream by her. At a light, we BS for a few seconds, and i follow her to a parking lot. Her, my girlfriend and I were shootin the **** for a little while, then about 25 ricers pull in. My friend with a supercoupe also shows up. So we're chilling, while these ricers are pouring in, sounding their BOV's every chance they get, trying to do burnouts, making idiots of themselves basically.

Two of the girls friends pull up, one of which has a 2.3L ranger he wants to swap a turbo engine into, so he and i talked for a good while, and he wanted to see under my hood, since he's never gotten a close up look at a complete 2.3L turbo, he only saw them in pictures, and torn apart in junkyards. While he and i were talking, about 3 different groups of people came up, looked under my hood, since i was the only one with my hood up, and theyd walk away, once or twice i heard "wow...its only a 4 cylinder?!", or "look at that turbo!"

So the last group of kids come up "hey man, phat car, you wanna race a spec-v?", Im being polite, saying no thanks man, if i get a street racing ticket, ill lose my job, its not worth risking. They started talking about money, and i got a little rude like "nah, im not racing ****, you guys arnt worth losing my job and lisence", they got a little bit of an attitude and left. I look over, this spec V has a carbon fiber hood, gauges everywhere, big *** front mount, and word got around that he was on the bottle.

WHY THE HELL WOULD I RACE A TURBO, NITROUSED, LIGHTENED IMPORT IN MY MOSTLY STOCK TC FOR 500 DOLLARS?!

I have less than 1500 dollars invested my car, inclusing purchase, and they want to race me in a car with probably an addition 20 grand in it, after purchasing it. People are complete idiots. Dude had an entire group of people walk up to me to ask, and the dude who asked didnt even own the car, the guy who owned the car was elsewhere. People wonder why i dont like the street racing scene.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 10:20 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan
Re: A night out on the Ritchie 500...

good man on refusing to race, just live with the fact knowing your car is a much more interesting ride than a spec V
Old 02-05-2006, 12:36 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

they just have something to prove. i cant wait til i drive a car where if someone asks me to race them i can just go "no, you arent worth my time."

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2006, 12:53 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

i know how you feel...ive got 3 people I know with specv's lol, ones putting a turbo on next weekend, ones got a 55shot(laugh) and ones stock...get on my nerves when they ar around each other.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:59 PM   #5
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I hate tools.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
i know how you feel...ive got 3 people I know with specv's lol, ones putting a turbo on next weekend, ones got a 55shot(laugh) and ones stock...get on my nerves when they ar around each other.
funny thing about spec Vs.. if you're around them long enough you start hearing the horror stories.. something like 1 in 5 blows a motor by 50k miles..
Old 02-05-2006, 04:56 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

yea one of my friends is on his 2nd specv, 1st one blew a motor, still under warrenty, had it replaced, sold it..had a few cars and bought another.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:50 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci

I have less than 1500 dollars invested my car, inclusing purchase, and they want to race me in a car with probably an addition 20 grand in it, after purchasing it. People are complete idiots. Dude had an entire group of people walk up to me to ask, and the dude who asked didnt even own the car, the guy who owned the car was elsewhere. People wonder why i dont like the street racing scene.
ida done it if i had a car like my tbird(or yours) that i know a fender and paint job is 200 bucks away.

when he started to pull, id clip his rear 1/4 and send him flying. man thatd suck he crashes someone elses modded car. ****ing fake *** ******. then you just go home, buy a new fender off ebay, repaint the car another color, and nobody's the wiser.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 07:24 PM   #9
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
ida done it if i had a car like my tbird(or yours) that i know a fender and paint job is 200 bucks away.

when he started to pull, id clip his rear 1/4 and send him flying. man thatd suck he crashes someone elses modded car. ****ing fake *** ******. then you just go home, buy a new fender off ebay, repaint the car another color, and nobody's the wiser.
I bet you would.
Old 02-08-2006, 10:38 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I also wouldn't have raced. I'm slowly getting out of that racing phase

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 10:49 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I hate tools.

tools are great, I use them when working on my car

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 06:11 PM   #12
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I also wouldn't have raced. I'm slowly getting out of that racing phase
The difference is...why would you race?

I race for fun, when people come up, want to race to prove something, or want money, its not worth racing. Half the time, if you beat someone in a race, they want to fight, or they say youre a cheater. Its really not worth it.
Old 02-08-2006, 07:56 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Racing for money is retarded. The only time I ever race for money is if it's one of my buddies and we've been talking the smack for a few weeks. Usually in these situations, we know all about each other's cars and it's gonna be close. We only put like $20 on it, or so. Just a for-fun type bet. Nothing serious.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 09:20 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
Racing for money is retarded. The only time I ever race for money is if it's one of my buddies and we've been talking the smack for a few weeks. Usually in these situations, we know all about each other's cars and it's gonna be close. We only put like $20 on it, or so. Just a for-fun type bet. Nothing serious.
When the guy offered to race for 500 bucks, all i could invision was the previous seller signing the title of my car over to me, after handing him 500 bucks

20 bucks is cool, 500 is stupid

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar