The Iranian bomb: - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-09-2006, 11:16 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
The Iranian bomb:

I know you've all heard about Iran's nuclear ambitions. What do you think we need to do about it? Letting Iran have the bomb is not an option, btw (in case you didn't already know that). That's the only way that retarded nut-job they've got running that country could get any scarier. Threaten/impose sanctions? Full scale Iraq-like invasion? Precision strikes? Something else? I'd like to hear your opinions on the matter. I can't claim to be sure what the best plan is. DISCUSS!!!

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 03:09 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Re: The Iranian bomb:

Can we smuther them with love??
Nite-Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 03:28 AM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

My thoughts are to sit back and let the UN take care of the situation with their sanctions and big words. This way, the rest of the blind folks that think the UN is a worthwhile entity will see that they are nothing but a bunch of wind bags.

In the mean time, we can finish up with our tasks in afghanistan and iraq and rest up a bit. Then, a simple black ops mission to remove said nut job should do the trick. This can be done at the same time as another black op to take out the guy from venezuala (sp).
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 10:23 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
My thoughts are to sit back and let the UN take care of the situation with their sanctions and big words.
I unfortunately agree. We've been put in a position where we kinda can't do anything about it ourselves. Sure, we could, but imagine the political backlash that would occur if we took this one upon ourselves too. Plus the fact that we would be beginning to spread our troops rather thin. Not that I don't think we could handle it, but it would open a door of opportunity for other countries like North Korea to start doing crazy **** too because they know they'll be likely to get away with it.

I find it pathetic that we have to wait around for the UN to do something when everyone knows that if Iran does develop nuclear weapons, we will be the ones they'll be aiming for. Unless they decide to go for Israel first (which is fairly likely). Which brings me to the thought that Israel may take care of this one before we get the chance to do so. Of course, I'm sure we'll be happy to lend them a little support, especially in the area of weaponry (i.e. "bunker-busters"). I'm thinking this is the most likely outcome...

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

http://today.reuters.co.uk/news/news...IRAN-FORCE.xml

I like turtles.
Old 02-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

If we bomb them they attack Israel

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 02:27 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

the whole world is like a big giant chess game. things are so tensioned that it ends up a stalemate for years and years and years. i doubt anything will happen because if they make a move there will be dire consequences and they know that. same goes with china. and same went with russia but that conflict kinda just fixed itself.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:03 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
My thoughts are to sit back and let the UN take care of the situation with their sanctions and big words. This way, the rest of the blind folks that think the UN is a worthwhile entity will see that they are nothing but a bunch of wind bags.

In the mean time, we can finish up with our tasks in afghanistan and iraq and rest up a bit. Then, a simple black ops mission to remove said nut job should do the trick. This can be done at the same time as another black op to take out the guy from venezuala (sp).
That's what I was thinking. Since everyone is so UN Pro, then go for it. Let them write nasty letters to Iran and complain to them as nothing is done. We can go back to the states and up our defenses.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I think Smurfin's comments were tongue-in-cheek...
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 05:45 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
If we bomb them they attack Israel
I kindof feel like if we don't attack them, Israel will...

Israel would kick there *** in a stand up fight, anyway. They've got an air-force that's second only to our own (and some would probably argue that), their ground forces are pretty battle hardened from constant scrapping with Palestenian ****-heads, and to top it all off...They've already got the bomb.

I like turtles.
Old 02-10-2006, 07:41 PM   #11
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
I kindof feel like if we don't attack them, Israel will...

Israel would kick there *** in a stand up fight, anyway. They've got an air-force that's second only to our own (and some would probably argue that), their ground forces are pretty battle hardened from constant scrapping with Palestenian ****-heads, and to top it all off...They've already got the bomb.
I'm all for Israel fighting them and not us.

BUT if they do attack Iran we will be in it because Bush can't just let Israel go at it alone

Reddit
Old 02-10-2006, 11:04 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

i agree with smurfin...

and also, wiaramus..this dude is extreme enough so that i don't think he will not do something if he has the power to..he's not like most leaders that end up in stalemates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:38 PM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I think Smurfin's comments were tongue-in-cheek...
They were to an extent. I do think we should sit back and let the un prove how useless they are...rest up our guys....then go kick their ***. We can't take another front right now...we need to wrap up loose ends first. Worst case scenario they attack isreal...then they will get wiped out...either by isreal...or by us...I don't think they have the balls to come after us after what happened to the last 2 countries we entered. Either way it will prove the complete uselessness of the Un and maybe it will finally get disassembeled so that we can save the millions or billions we dump into that money pit every year.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:29 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nite-Mare
Can we smuther them with love??
yes you can. because you can't hug people with nuclear arms.
Old 02-11-2006, 09:28 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

yea, cuz you know, only the USA is allowed to have nuclear operations, programs and weapons
Old 02-11-2006, 11:29 AM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
yea, cuz you know, only the USA is allowed to have nuclear operations, programs and weapons
no, only countries that don't threaten other countries with theirs and are sane.

has the US ever threatened to nuke iraq? north korea? iran? china?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 11:37 AM   #17
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF
no, only countries that don't threaten other countries with theirs and are sane.

has the US ever threatened to nuke iraq? north korea? iran? china?
Exactly. The world powers want to prevent other nut jobs that can't be trusted to have them. Countries like Iran and the Saddam Iraq and N Korea can not be trusted with that power. Hell, anyone in the Middle East really shouldn't be trusted because of the lack of respect for human life that exists over there. Shockingly, Isreal has been able to keep its fingers off the button...so...kuddos to them.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:53 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

i find the automatic assumption of the USA's superiority to be exceedingly arrogant

but i'm willing to concede that our saving grace has been the ability to keep "our fingers off the button"
Old 02-11-2006, 05:29 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
but i'm willing to concede that our saving grace has been the ability to keep "our fingers off the button"
Interesting tid-bit: The United States of America is the only country to have ever used an atomic weapon against another nation.

I like turtles.
Old 02-11-2006, 05:43 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

the japanese attacked us first. with no warning. i wouldn't have nuked them though
Old 02-11-2006, 06:05 PM   #21
Regular

Quote:
i find the automatic assumption of the USA's superiority to be exceedingly arrogant

tell me another country that has the United States influence?

We are the superpower? You may not like it but it is not an assumption. We are currently the only superpower. Everyone else just hates us for it and wants to be like us at the same time.

I just find that to be true myself.

Reddit
Old 02-11-2006, 06:15 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
the japanese attacked us first. with no warning. i wouldn't have nuked them though
They would have never surrendered. There were many many many soldiers on outlying islands that thought the war was still on for years. They were a persistent bunch...and I don't see them surrendering.

On a grudge note...they hit us and killed many innocent people completely unprovoked with plans of taking over the mainland. Our final response was completely acceptable in my mind.

As for the assumed superiority...it isn't assumed. The only thing that can stop us is us. That has been proven thru time.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar