Who else thinks that the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn sky are pretty sweet cars? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-10-2006, 06:30 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Alabama
Who else thinks that the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn sky are pretty sweet cars?

Well i was looking at saturns website and saw alot about the sky they have coming out and i thought that car was pretty sweet myself. I mean for the price u can't beat having a 2 door rodster and it looks really good i think not cheap like saturn is usually known for. I know it does not have the power maybe of the s2000 or bmw's(its like 170 hp or something) but still i would own one in a heartbeat. the solstice is also out now and ive seen some in person and really like those. I dunno ever since i drove my friends audi TT roadster i just really enjoyed the feel of it. I mean granted one is not gonna keep up with a cobra and even my gt feels faster but if you flip the coin the mustang does not have anything on those cars(esp the audis) as far as suspension and handling it feels like your floating goin down the road in that car. O well just wanted to see what everyone else thought of these new budget roadsters.
http://www.mustangevolution.com/gallery/data/502/1.jpg1995 GT- GT40 iron heads, 1.72 cobra roller rockers, FMS shorty headers, flows welded in, bbk o/r h, bbk UDP, steeda tri ax, timing advanced to 13, CAI, 75mm granatelli MAF, Eddy performer intake, 17x9 chrome cobra r's, mach 1 chin spoiler
for pics of my car go here-->car pics
Yellow5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 07:28 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Re: Who else thinks that the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn sky are pretty sweet cars?

I'll be the first :worthless , but yeah I like them for the price
Matt'sredbeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 08:01 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1
Re: Who else thinks that the Pontiac Solstice and Saturn sky are pretty sweet cars?

I was at the Pontiac dealership getting new cats put on the TA the other day and they had a couple of those Solstice's sitting out. They're neat little cars, damn sharp. I wish they made a factory LS2 version. I'd be nuts about that ****.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2006, 08:13 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i actually saw the solstice at a car show about 2 weeks ago, i think it looks cool, but after getting in it and sitting in it, it was alright, i'm not thrilled by it

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:48 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

i just went to a car show that had the solstice, i like it, i just wish they woula put a bigger engine in it, its what 177hp?
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 09:54 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I'm going to have to advise against anything Pontiac... honestly, I don't even know if they know what they were thinking when they made them... I've worked on my friend's Grand Am like 4 times, and EVERY TIME, there are some sort of problems. Including one time, his battery going to complete ****... or the time his car blew half the fuses in it.... the CAI took forever and a day... as you have to remove the inner fending well lining... just recently, it stopped working, and apparently, all the spark plugs had become loose... at least that's what the mechanic said. To me, it seems like much more of a headache than it's worth... don't hate me

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:12 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

The only problems I've had with my Pontiac were a window motor that went out and cats that went bad (both fixed under warranty). If you look hard enough you'll find people who've had a bad experience with all car companies. You shouldn't write off a company just because of one person's experience with one car. That said, I don't think the Grand Prixs are a shining example of GM's good work.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:32 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

yea every car company has lemons.... its part of the deal. A cheap car like a grand am will have more than others also. They are nice looking cars but they need more go, I bet they are banking on the import lovers out there who dont really have much HP to begin with so it will feel faster to them. And im sure it keeps prices down not droping and LS2 in them (but man whould that be intersting)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:34 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
The only problems I've had with my Pontiac were a window motor that went out and cats that went bad (both fixed under warranty). If you look hard enough you'll find people who've had a bad experience with all car companies. You shouldn't write off a company just because of one person's experience with one car. That said, I don't think the Grand Prixs are a shining example of GM's good work.
yea, i think you meant grand ams arent a good example which is very true, and ive heard of two problems with fbodies like ours, the headlights that motors sometime go out, and the window motors, speaking of that my passenger window keeps going up slower and slower, might need to replace that lol, otherwise i cant see how you could generalize on pontiac being crap.
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 10:50 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I was mainly kidding.... I suppose it's an inside joke between him and I.... where we talk about "the Pontiac cashing in the F you card"... stuff like that... because it always has problems. I actually almost got a Trans Am... so I obviously don't think the company is crap. The TA was the car I was gonna look at after the car I got, but I saw my car, and the rest is history.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:05 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

i think its a great idea. awesome looking car which isnt that great for a cheap price... i wonder why more car companies havent done that already.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 11:58 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

GM has a higher quality rating than honda actually...
Old 02-10-2006, 12:48 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

ls2 or ls7, then they would be sweet cars
Old 02-10-2006, 06:20 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
I was at the Pontiac dealership getting new cats put on the TA the other day and they had a couple of those Solstice's sitting out. They're neat little cars, damn sharp. I wish they made a factory LS2 version. I'd be nuts about that crap.
I have heard rumors that the chassis that they use i think it is called "alpha" will support a small-block v8, one of the car magazines reported a test mule being seen in detroit. Motor Trend has a artist concept with the chevy version sporting a high winding OPEL V6. Ironically called the "StingRay"
wrecked2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #15
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Hawaii

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecked2001
I have heard rumors that the chassis that they use i think it is called "alpha" will support a small-block v8, one of the car magazines reported a test mule being seen in detroit. Motor Trend has a artist concept with the chevy version sporting a high winding OPEL V6. Ironically called the "StingRay"
I guess I should have clicked on the link first!
wrecked2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2006, 04:56 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania

they're pretty cool but the sky > the solstice by far

-Denver
2002 Mineral Grey GT, 5-speed: MGW short throw, JLT CAI: SOLD
2002 Electric Green V6, Auto: SOLD
greenpony02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 09:13 AM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

mark showed me a link to one of them with an ls2, a company does it. Very nice if you have 19k over the sticker price go at it.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar