Anyone know home AC repair? - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-07-2006, 06:28 PM   #1
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Anyone know home AC repair?

Ok, does anyone know anything about home AC repair? Ours went out and it seems that it is the result of the coils being shot. To have this fixed will cost $1400 including the cost of freon (the system is bone dry due to the 20 year old coils leaking). Since I just started working again and need to find a way to pay about $3500 in bills out of my next 3 day paycheck (about $400 net)...the 1400 isn't going to fit anywhere anytime soon.

Needless to say, been a hell of a week. The G/F loses her job...her car has died again (****ing useless piece of **** chevies)...the AC dies....and it appears I forgot to pay the water bill and they turned if off today and I Can't do anything about it untill tomorrow because they closed at 5...ugh...lol
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 06:39 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Anyone know home AC repair?

Damn dude that sucks. Where did you get a job at?

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:20 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Doing internal web development for Syngenta...kind of odd getting a dev job at a farm chemical plant. lol

This is a .NET development position so now this ****ers that kept saying I can't do web dev because I didn't have a company on my resume can lick my balls.
Advertisement

Old 03-07-2006, 09:50 PM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

my dad knows a thing or two about a/c's............i can see if he would be able to look at it for you
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 09:52 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
my dad knows a thing or two about a/c's............i can see if he would be able to look at it for you
Well, I know what is wrong with it....I just need to figure out how to fix it...or find someone that would help fix it instead of paying labor to some other company.
Old 03-07-2006, 10:41 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Well, I know what is wrong with it....I just need to figure out how to fix it...or find someone that would help fix it instead of paying labor to some other company.

dude, i'll help ya.................dunno what i'm doin, i'll help though.

my dad still has a book on a/c repair though, i can see about gettin it from him and i can bring it over there and we'll see
Old 03-07-2006, 11:07 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

To be honest man..it might be more cost beneficial to just upgrade to a new unit. I know it's gonna cost a little more, but if you just replace the coils, there's still a chance that other stuff got messed up in the process of the coils going out and you having to spend another grand to fix all the little things. If I was you, I'd seriously think about just replacing the unit...
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 06:49 AM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowflyn
To be honest man..it might be more cost beneficial to just upgrade to a new unit. I know it's gonna cost a little more, but if you just replace the coils, there's still a chance that other stuff got messed up in the process of the coils going out and you having to spend another grand to fix all the little things. If I was you, I'd seriously think about just replacing the unit...
Whether we get a new unit or not, the coils need to be replaced. The coils are in the interior air handler...so they are seperate from the outside unit. I plan on replacing the outside unit as well at a later date. The problem lies in that I was out of work for a month...bills have piled up and there is no room for extra expenses like these. I just need to get it working enough to get us through the next couple of months/summer and then look into replacing the outside unit.
Old 03-08-2006, 07:07 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Ah ok, I understand now man
Our's:
Old 03-08-2006, 08:55 AM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its wintertime, what do you need the AC for at this moment
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 10:29 AM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
Because in about 3 weeks it won't be winter time....if it is anything like last year, it will be in the 90s by april again. Why should I wait until it is 90+ out to fix something that I know needs to be fixed? It makes more sense to find out what is wrong and then right it before you need it...instead of after you need it....don't ya think?
Old 03-08-2006, 06:26 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV

we dont have winter down here.........just a couple cool fronts around december.........hell, it was in the mid/high 70s today and the forcast calls for some 80* days this week too

lol what wintertime?
Old 03-08-2006, 07:53 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
we dont have winter down here.........just a couple cool fronts around december.........hell, it was in the mid/high 70s today and the forcast calls for some 80* days this week too

lol what wintertime?
i dont think you realize how lucky you are, this winter has been horrible for us, we have had like no snow that has acctaully stayed on the ground, yet its been like low 20s or teens all the time, finally this week is up to high 40s to mid 50s, people are celebratin like crazy
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:09 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

It'll be in the 20's at night and 70's in the day, it's messed up and I'm some kinda sick b/c of all this crap.
Our's:

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar