Ohs noes!!!!1111 Water on one of Saturn's Moons - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-11-2006, 12:53 AM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
Re: Ohs noes!!!!1111 Water on one of Saturn's Moons

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
And that money could be used to fund companies looking to cure diseases.
yeah, but looking for new compounds is one of the ways we help those companies ... if you find a completely new form of life, you open up untold numbers of gateways for curing disease... more so than maybe just one compound isolated in a tree in the rainforest of South America... You never know until you find it... plus, NASA money was never intended for medical anyway... so it's up to them how they use it

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2006, 08:23 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Technology developed for the space program is responsible for many of the advancements that we appreciate today. And most people don't even realize that NASA is responsible for it's invention or improvement.
Old 03-13-2006, 12:59 PM   #38
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Space exploration is critical to us.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2006, 03:26 PM   #39
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if we dont nuke ourselves and kill everyone or mess everything up and have to scratch things on rocks we may have a chance.

I think it was Enstien that said WW3 will be faught with Nuclear wepons and WW4 will be faught with sticks and rocks.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 03:43 PM   #40
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

^ It was Einstein indeed.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 04:36 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1
The future of mankind is in space. The planet's only going to be here a limited amount of time. Granted, it is several billion more years, but eventually we'll have to move on.
I'd say even earlier than that. If only in a matter of a few thousand years we've expanded this much in technology, I believe we'll be out in space in no time.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:42 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
I'd say even earlier than that. If only in a matter of a few thousand years we've expanded this much in technology, I believe we'll be out in space in no time.
if the whole of the world united towards that one cause, and we went to a economy that was not based on ones acquisition of wealth and towards a society based upon science and exploration, it would happen very soon. kinda hard to send people to space when 90% of the cost rests upon one nation who only puts 5% of its budget towards that one goal.

i believe it also has to do with people who say things cant be done with our technology, they say we dont yet have the ability/technology to go to mars, when 40 years ago we were landing on the moon with computers the size of a room that had half the computing abilities of the original palm pilot. i hope our next president says "ok, **** the rest of the world, its obvious they arent willing to put aside their differences and head towards the heavens, and america is not going to play yard duty for another century. america will yet again bear the burden and yet again be the first to do what any other nation cannot. besides, first to space, well own it and the rest of the ****ty countries will have to pay taxes to fly into it."

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 02:20 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol let's attatch rockets to the USA and fly the **** outta here. Let the rest of the world deal with their own ****. We'll leave all our convicts in the large crater we'll leave though

I read an AWSOME short story for my English 102 class recently.

It was set in the future (undetermined time exactly, but definitely in the distant future) where these astronomers were sent off to explore this white dwarf star.

*For those who don't know this, a white dwarf star is normally what happens when a star dies, it turns into it I mean. The sun dies, either by exploding or by going out in a huge flame then what's left in essense is the Sun's core which is half the size of the regular star or sun.

To better put this: An earth-sized white dwarf has a density of 1 x 109 kg/m3. In comparison, the earth itself has an average density of only 5.4 x 103 kg/m3. That means a white dwarf is 200,000 times as dense!

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 07:16 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
if the whole of the world united towards that one cause, and we went to a economy that was not based on ones acquisition of wealth and towards a society based upon science and exploration, it would happen very soon. kinda hard to send people to space when 90% of the cost rests upon one nation who only puts 5% of its budget towards that one goal.
You're correct. But at the same time, what you are basically asking for is world-wide communism, and a utopian view of the world at that. At least the way you worded it made me think that initially anyway.

I think I see what you're trying to say though, and meaning it to not really be all out communism. Instead, it would be more of a deal where every nation works together putting a certain percentage of their wealth into a program for this sort of thing. It really is a good idea. But its implementation would be a long, hard road which I doubt the world is really in a position to go down in its current state.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:54 PM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

^ This was already tried with the "International" Space Station. We ended up funding ALL of Russia's module and where are the rest of the countries with their modules Hrm..?

The truth is, space exploration is left up to America, a few are trying to emerge, but they are having a harder time justifying it to the public than we are.

I agree with EclipseGTSDude, we need to go on and forget trying to get the rest of the world to help us. They never hold up their end of the deal or are too far behind to be of help.

As far as the technology goes, all of what sent us to the moon was invented in a period of around 8 years once America became galvanized to go. If a President once and for all said we are going to Mars, we could do it in less time, because the technology is ALREADY here, it just needs to be adapted. The last Apollo mission had a less advanced computer than our cars do today.

Space exploration is vital to our technological advancement, if nothing else but because it's a testing ground for new technology. Every shuttle mission sends up biological experiments that are used to find cures for diseases for the bleeding hearts out there. This program is called Microgravity, they use zero gravity to grow larger crystals and compunds that are believed to have possible cures. Personal research needs to be done rather than listening to your Congressman who just wants to cut funding to put into more useless government spending.
Old 03-15-2006, 02:21 PM   #46
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow
Technology developed for the space program is responsible for many of the advancements that we appreciate today. And most people don't even realize that NASA is responsible for it's invention or improvement.
Yes!! like my foam mattress.mmmm I luv it!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 03:42 PM   #47
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Or the Microwave

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2006, 04:57 PM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Or the Microwave
That was the Brits in WWII. Their experiments with radar lead to the invention of the microwave.

Quote:
By the end of the war, the need for radar had pushed microwave technology out of the laboratory and into the lives of thousands of fighting men and women. After 1945, researchers used the knowledge and equipment they had gained during the war to find new uses for microwaves. These were not long in coming, and included technologies such as satellite communications and the ubiquitous microwave oven.
http://www.ieee-virtual-museum.org/e...65&lid=1&seq=6

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar