need help everyone....... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-12-2006, 04:49 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Exclamation need help everyone.......

aight.........so last week i brought my car in, they fixed the exhaust which had a leak, and also did a "diagnosis test" on the tranny and said they couldnt find anything. well yesterday, i got my buddy to machine flush my tranny and put royal purple tranny fluid in there and also clean the carbon out the intake. everything cost me $220, which would have just been the cost of the fluid had i bought it. my friend gets wholesale on it b/c he works at a dealership. so he finishes all that around 1 and i leave. well i had an 1/8 of a tank so i needed some gas, on my way to get gas i noticed that hesitation again, but after i filled up, it went away...........almost. around 9 i went to get some wings and it started hanging up again, so i went home, reprogrammed it and ran it and it still hung up. so i'm thinkin the tranny is just overheating and i should let it rest. so its stock tuned today when me and the gf went to my parents house (about 40min away). on the way back to my place i am in o/d just rollin at about 50 and i dip in to speed up a little, well i notice it missing (kinda like when you have bad plug wires). but i'm thinkin maybe its the road, so i hop on the interstate and nail it, when 2nd hits 3.5k rpms, it stops, and pretty much fights as hard as it can to tach anymore, it almost feels like i had the parking brake on and flooring it. so now i am gonna have to bring it back tomorrow but this time, to another dealership, maybe this one will want to fix it, rather than just tellin me nothing is wrong.

so i am to the breakin point with this car, my tv/dvd player is for sale now....i'll relist it on here later on tonight. and i think later on when my lease ends i will start reverting it back to stock and selling the aftermarket parts.

now i have a question for everyone, when i move out (b/c the way it looks now, i will definately move b/c of rent, bills, and cut hours), i have two options as of now. i can move in with my gf and her mom, which they live in the city, and its only a few miles from work, and about 40 to class, and i would have my own room......or i could move back home, and have my own room but it is 35 miles to work and 62 to class, and thats only one way. and in jan of 07, if i am a jr in college at the time, i will more than likely have an intern position at work, which means i will have more hrs (i think 40/week) and also a pay raise in addition to my yearly raise. so with no other bills other than food, gas, and a car note, i will definately have enough to live comfortably and have a few hundred to throw in the checking acct every month. now should i move in with the gf and her mom, or should i just move home? both her mom and my parents are pretty cool, i think the only issue i see is distance.......its a lot more convienent to stay in baton rouge rather than back out in the country.

what y'all think?
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2006, 05:53 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: need help everyone.......

id say move in with the gf but be warned that moving in with girlfriends can potentially screw up relationships.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 07:02 PM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

^ werd.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2006, 07:18 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

don't move in with the girl. like wiarumas said, that can screw a relationship real quick... as i live with my parents, i wouldn't recommend moving in with them either unless it is of the utmost necessity

have you tried to find a roommate?
Old 03-12-2006, 07:22 PM   #5
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
don't move in with the girl. like wiarumas said, that can screw a relationship real quick... as i live with my parents, i wouldn't recommend moving in with them either unless it is of the utmost necessity

have you tried to find a roommate?
yeah, but everyone is kinda dicking around with the idea.........theyre all happy where they are at. i am the only one that has to travel forever to get places.

i dont really have a problem moving back home, b/c my parents are really cool for the most part, the only setback is distance from everything.

and nicole said that too, she didnt want me moving in to screw anything up, so she suggested that i just spend the night quite frequently, but would still technically be living at home
Old 03-12-2006, 07:29 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

did you change your aim name or something? i never see you on aim

lol
Old 03-12-2006, 08:38 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark
did you change your aim name or something? i never see you on aim

lol

me? nope..........still KJL4728, not on right now though...........gotta finish a couple excel spreadsheets
Old 03-13-2006, 03:36 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

being that I live with my fiancee and did before we were engaged for a good 7-8months it's not as bad as they say. It'll be great at first. Then both of you will have to adjust to each others habbits and if you can do it then its great!
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 05:22 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Well... one way to look at it is this. If you move in with her now, you'll at least see what it's like to live with this girl before you marry her. There may be little things she does that will drive you absolutely insane. Just stuff about the way she lives that don't bother you now, but when you actually live with her can be an entirely different story.

That being said, these guys are right. It could potentially screw up a good relationship. It may cause some problems that wouldn't necessarily arise if you wait longer until you are both actually ready to live together somewhere down the road.

Basically what it comes down to is this. The only way you'll know whether or not it's a good idea is to go for it. We can sit here and theorize about it, and even talk about past experiences with similar situations, all day long. Everybody's different though. Just gotta ask yourself if you want to risk it.

This kinda stuff, my friends, is why I am happily single.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2006, 01:42 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if your a whinny person who is a little ***** that has to have things his way all the time 100% dont do it.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar