To be real, it's going to be a very hard game.
They aren't comfortable at all with how we play. But they saw us in 2004. They'll watch that footage I promise. I doubt we will, what good would it do us to watch an older KY team that we won't be playing? While we have several of the same players from 04, the footage will be an advantage for them.
I'll go down that list from your link Mark and let you know my opinion on them.
1. Not a bad record, but as ESPN said, our out of conference schedule is a little weak. We could be better there. We can't help our conference schedule. If Memphis leaves this year, we may stay one more year, but after that I can't see us staying C-USA, if it stays around that long.
2. We would have beat Memphis in the C-USA tourney had that game been anywhere but Memphis. Don't believe me? We beat them here earlier this year, when they were #3 in the nation. It's hard for anybody to play in an arena with 16k people, when you're used to less than 8k, especially when all but about 200 of those 16k are Memphis fans.
3. Really doesn't matter. Sure, Memphis was ranked, but the only thing that matters in the UAB - Memphis games is who wants it more, and more importantly, where it is at.
4. We both suck from the floor.
5. The 3 point percentage difference is nominal. I don't know who shoots more, so the percentage makes no difference to me. As far as 3 pt defense, that's going to rape us. We don't really have a 3 pt D, and it hurts us bad. If you watched the C-USA championship game, you saw that. We exchange good 3 point D for lots of turnovers. Our defense shifts very hard to the ball, we play close physical ball. It's hard for us to shift all the way out to three-land, especially if they make a quick cross-court pass.
6. Rebounding: We're a relatively small team. We rarely
enjoy a positive rebound margin, but we make most all of that back up in steals.
7. We've led the NCAA in steals since the 02-03 season. I'm afraid we lost that this year though. Not enough games.
If they don't be VERY careful with the ball, they will lose it and we will win from points on turnovers.
8. We both pretty much suck from the free throw line... They are called free for a reason...
9. RPI doesn't matter at this point.
10. Marvette... watch this kid's shot. It's ugly as all get out, two handed, odd spin... But it sinks... I don't get it. I've seen him hit 3 shots in one game from halfway from the top of the key and half court. His range is phenominal. Memphis had him by his nuts though in the championship game, and as you can see, it hurt us bad. I hope he's able to get some good looks against KY, we will need him.
11. Holmes is all man. He's big, he's ugly, and he's mean. He runs like a drunk deer, but I would not want to be on the court with him. We play physical ball and he, along with Mukubu are probably 2 of the most physical. Foul trouble might plague him, but I can't even think of one occasion where he actually fouled out. We're good about fouls. Squeaky has never fouled out of a college game. Honestly, I can't even think of any time anybody from UAB has fouled out this year.
12. Delaney. He's good. Kinda recently discovered for us, what with Demario Eddins being out for the season. He's very good and can be a game-maker if things work out. He has been before.
So that's my opinion on things. Can we win? YES. Will we? :dunno: We have to show up to play and shock KY again. They have seen us before and I'm sure want revenge.
I'm more worried about UConn...