Iran gets 2 weeks - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 03-17-2006, 01:09 AM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony
Iran gets 2 weeks

I saw it mentioned on another site and did a bit of google searching, still looking for more articles on it.
http://www.smh.com.au/articles/2006/...701735859.html

The United States is pushing the United Nations Security Council to give Iran a two-week deadline to halt nuclear work that could be related to the making of weapons.

The ultimatum to Iran to step down from its nuclear defiance or face sanctions could come as soon as Friday when the 15 members of the Security Council meet in New York.

A draft text prepared for the council by European nations yesterday said Iran should "without delay re-establish full, sustained and verifiable suspension of all enrichment-related and reprocessing [for plutonium] activities" with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

Prime Minister John Howard has said Iran's program should be referred to the UN and it would be a test of the UN's effectiveness. But he believes it is too early to talk of sanctions.

With Russia and China opposing direct action, the Security Council is unlikely to rush into sanctions. It is likely first to urge Iran to accept IAEA demands that it halt all uranium enrichment work.

But the US is increasing the pressure to force Iran to step back from its refusal to co-operate with the IAEA.

US President George Bush yesterday labelled Iran a "grave national security concern" as its leader, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, had stated a desire to destroy Israel.

The US is convinced Iran is working towards building nuclear bombs, something Iran denies. But Iran is refusing IAEA demands to inspect its nuclear facilities after it resumed uranium enrichment in February.

Mr Bush said he sought diplomatic means to get Iran to cap its nuclear goals, but the US is increasing its rhetoric against Iran and gathering international support for UN action.

"You begin to see an issue of grave national security concern," Mr Bush said. "Therefore it's very important for the United States to continue to work with others to solve these issues diplomatically, to deal with these threats today."

British Prime Minister Tony Blair vowed to pursue Iran's case through the Security Council, saying a failure by Tehran to meet its global obligations would lead to "a serious situation".

Initial UN action could include foreign travel bans and asset freezes aimed at Iranian leaders.

The US wants tougher action, but Russia and China, both of which use Iranian gas and oil, are resisting sanctions against Iran.

Russia is trying to broker a compromise allowing Iran to enrich uranium on Russian soil, but Iran has so far refused to give up enriching uranium on its own soil.
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2006, 01:40 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Re: Iran gets 2 weeks

**** russia.

I can dig it with china.

oh wait, **** the UN. that pegs it.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 09:04 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

We need to turn Israel lose and let them defend themselves and retain their own land. If Israel were allowed and it wouldn't cause a world wide incident like WWIII, Israel would be able to destroy any of those jokers that think they're something. Yes folks, Israel has nukes already, and they've said they'll use 'em before it comes down to losing their country completey or succumbing to another Hitler. I also like how a huge deal was made about the cartoon of Mohammed, but nothing was said about the cartoon run in an Islamic newspaper making fun of the Holocaust.

Old 03-17-2006, 10:19 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

+1 Yeah it's against their faith to have their head rug head in a cartoon. But they seem to accept & promote making fun of everyone else

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 01:58 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

it is "President Bush"

not "Mr Bush"

At least show some respect for the position even if you don't like the man.

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 02:05 PM   #6
Regular

Region: Tennessee

woo hoo sanctions! That will show them!

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:50 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
woo hoo sanctions! That will show them!

Iran, wont give two ****s about sanctions.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 05:51 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
it is "President Bush"

not "Mr Bush"

I respect him, yet I still call him Mr.Bush.
I have noticed people that lack respect simply call him, "Bush."
Old 03-17-2006, 06:14 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Sanctions are just a friendly warning, telling them that we are about to bomb their ***.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2006, 10:15 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
Sanctions are just a friendly warning, telling them that we are about to bomb their ***.
I do not think we can really do much about Iran at the moment unless we get military support from various other countries.
Countries with strong militaries, like Canada.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:17 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Japan's dropping Playstations.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:25 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Japan's dropping Playstations.
They better be PS3's, cause if not im not getting my lazy *** off this chair.
Old 03-17-2006, 10:26 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by whipster24
it is "President Bush"

not "Mr Bush"

Just today on the O'reily factor, he called him "Mr.Bush."
Old 03-18-2006, 12:10 AM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

haha more sanctions. i wonder when the UN will realize their power over any country means absolutely jack ****?

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2006, 12:17 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 232stang
I do not think we can really do much about Iran at the moment unless we get military support from various other countries.
Countries with strong militaries, like Canada.
dude, while most people think were stretched too thin, we havent even pushed the limits of our military. plus we can always enact a draft, which is cool by me, which will almost double our might overnight. kinda hard for a country to do much of anything with 500,000 soldiers in it, with a air force overhead trigger happy with laser guided bombs accurate to 1 foot on center. we havent done much aerial assaults in iraq, mainly cause they still havent done much rebuilding after desert storm, so theres nothing of relevance to hit and disable. now iran, on the other hand, easy pickings. couple hits to comm towers to send them into inevitable chaos, and theyre done. then bomb their research facilities and wipe out any knowledge they have of nukuler capabilities.

i think its time once again to nuke someone. i think the world has forgotten what the US can do if you really piss us off, and its showing with ****heads like iran and korea. drop a bomb or two and the rest of the world will get real quiet real fast.

Old 03-18-2006, 07:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
dude, while most people think were stretched too thin, we havent even pushed the limits of our military. plus we can always enact a draft, which is cool by me, which will almost double our might overnight. kinda hard for a country to do much of anything with 500,000 soldiers in it, with a air force overhead trigger happy with laser guided bombs accurate to 1 foot on center. we havent done much aerial assaults in iraq, mainly cause they still havent done much rebuilding after desert storm, so theres nothing of relevance to hit and disable. now iran, on the other hand, easy pickings. couple hits to comm towers to send them into inevitable chaos, and theyre done. then bomb their research facilities and wipe out any knowledge they have of nukuler capabilities.

i think its time once again to nuke someone. i think the world has forgotten what the US can do if you really piss us off, and its showing with ****heads like iran and korea. drop a bomb or two and the rest of the world will get real quiet real fast.
There is no way in hell that the administration will enact a draft.
By attacking Iran we are doing the whole world a favor and it is not fair at all that we have to be the only ones to shed blood while the rest of the world sits idley by and reaps the benefits.
If we are going to attack Iran, we should map out a plan of attack get as many allies as possible and then attack. We shouldn't rush in there this time.
Old 03-19-2006, 12:04 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
By attacking Iran we are doing the whole world a favor and it is not fair at all that we have to be the only ones to shed blood while the rest of the world sits idley by and reaps the benefits.
If we are going to attack Iran, we should map out a plan of attack get as many allies as possible and then attack. We shouldn't rush in there this time.
It also depends how big of a threat there is from Iran. If theres a large threat we cant just wait and wait you know what i mean ?
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2006, 02:22 PM   #18
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
It also depends how big of a threat there is from Iran. If theres a large threat we cant just wait and wait you know what i mean ?
Yes but at the moment we have no info that says their threat is imminent. We need to pusy foot for a while scaring them, then once we get enough troops out of iraq we take out Iran.
Old 03-19-2006, 02:32 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF

Quote:
:yup: and criticises everything we do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2006, 06:51 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
true, cause no matter how much our people are against a war, people in this country will still sign up and fight regardless of their views.

true, it isnt fair the US must bear the burden, but no other nation will. we could plan all we want with other nations, but in the end theyll just whus out.

Old 03-19-2006, 07:27 PM   #21
Regular

Quote:

Our military is not the problem. Our economy is one more war away from a disaster

Reddit
Old 03-19-2006, 08:08 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Our military is not the problem. Our economy is one more war away from a disaster
This is true. It used to be that wars would cause economic booms. Today, it seems to be almost the exact opposite. I suspect much of this is due to our reliance on foreign nations for our goods and materials. I know the world is moving quickly towards a "global economy", but I can't help but feel that we should re-evaluate how we are doing things.

Often, the desire to get things done cheap initially will bite you in the *** in the long run. I know it's true when modding cars, and I fear it's going to prove true in the way we run our economy. Outsourcing of goods and services may end up being the death of our economy.

Of course, this isn't even beginning to touch on the political backlash that another war would cause, both in our own country and on the global scene.

Things aren't looking too good. It's up to us and our peers to turn it around.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-19-2006, 08:51 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Yes but at the moment we have no info that says their threat is imminent. We need to pusy foot for a while scaring them, then once we get enough troops out of iraq we take out Iran.
good point. For all we know this whole 2week thing could be just to scare iran a bit, letting iran sit there wondering when its going to happen.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 03-19-2006, 11:30 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
This is true. It used to be that wars would cause economic booms. Today, it seems to be almost the exact opposite.
or probably due to how the media and which side of the war it takes, and we all know what side that is. now if the media was geared towards the war as a good thing, then the economy would be thriving, but since they portray the US as losing the war in iraq, the economy suffers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
good point. For all we know this whole 2week thing could be just to scare iran a bit, letting iran sit there wondering when its going to happen.
which is stupid. since the US media has portrayed the troops as already spread too thin to open up another war front, iran isnt going to even listen to more useless ****talking from the UN. how many resolutions were enacted for saddam? its gonna be the same thing, until the US finally gets pissed off from seeing enough bull**** resolutions that it just sits a carrier in the bay and lets iran know whats up.

Old 03-19-2006, 11:53 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
or probably due to how the media and which side of the war it takes, and we all know what side that is. now if the media was geared towards the war as a good thing, then the economy would be thriving, but since they portray the US as losing the war in iraq, the economy suffers.
This is another good point. However, I do think the economy is suffering at least slightly. I know I've had hell trying to find a job and I've been looking since late December. Of course, maybe that's just the field I'm in (Computer Science, emphasis on programming).

Still, I've even had trouble just finding a part time job to tide me over until I find something decent. Then again, it could just be my location as well. Who knows? :dunno:

I'm very undecisive for some reason tonight, which is quite unusual...

Scary stuff.
Old 03-20-2006, 12:05 AM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Plus you are in North Alabama, which is pretty flooded with CS degree carrying people.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 AM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
This is another good point. However, I do think the economy is suffering at least slightly. I know I've had hell trying to find a job and I've been looking since late December. Of course, maybe that's just the field I'm in (Computer Science, emphasis on programming).
uhh yeah, thats cause the market is saturated with people with degrees in that field, mostly cause its easy work that pays excellent, and everyone wants a job they sit on their *** all day and monitor servers. its what a few of my buddies do, went to ITT and did that and now theyre making 50K a year being 21 years old and not knowing what to do with themselves. of course, look at my location, half hour from the silicon valley, not hard to find a tech job in california, just drive to the bay area and send your resume around.

Old 03-20-2006, 01:33 AM   #28
Regular

Quote:
uhh yeah, thats cause the market is saturated with people with degrees in that field, mostly cause its easy work that pays excellent, and everyone wants a job they sit on their *** all day and monitor servers. its what a few of my buddies do, went to ITT and did that and now theyre making 50K a year being 21 years old and not knowing what to do with themselves. of course, look at my location, half hour from the silicon valley, not hard to find a tech job in california, just drive to the bay area and send your resume around.
lol he lives in the Silicon Valley of the south and a person with a Computer Science degree doesnt sit around and monitor servers all day

Reddit
Old 03-20-2006, 01:38 AM   #29
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

haha, the city with the highest level of education to city population in the nation is about an hour from where he lives.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2006, 11:02 AM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
lol he lives in the Silicon Valley of the south and a person with a Computer Science degree doesnt sit around and monitor servers all day
This is true. I have a CS degree, not a CIS (also more often called MIS) degree.

To illustrate the difference... most of our CS classes at UNA (high level) had around 8 people in them and were only offered in one semester of the year. On the other hand, the CIS classes were always full, offered every semester, and often had the same class at 5 or 6 different times.

CS majors took CIS classes for easy hours. While CIS majors are monitoring servers, we are writing the programs they use to monitor the servers. It's a very different degree. The basic difference is that CIS/MIS is a business degree, while CS is not. CS has much more focus on math and, in particular, programming. CIS/MIS teaches you how to use a computer, a lot of Microsoft Office, and the bare basics of some programming.

Anyway, I may have a job offer in Texas, just a matter of whether or not I want to move to Texas (which is likely... no).

Oh yeah... Iran. I say let the rest of the world deal with 'em for once. I think they are smarter than to attack us anyway. The only thing we have to worry about is indirect attacks from terrorists they may support.

Scary stuff.
Old 03-20-2006, 11:47 AM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

I graduated with my CS degree from UAH in December of '03. I didn't find a job until April '04. I was supposed to go right to work for Sanmina-SCI when I graduated (I co-oped with them for a couple of years). The Sanmina takever had just occured and they were having money issues and couldn't hire me on. Since I thought I was guaranteed that job, I hadn't done any looking before I graduated. Four months from degree to employment isn't bad, I know people with other degrees that have had to wait alot longer than that. My job hasn't made me rich, but I do okay.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar