Got myself in a small bind, need some help - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Join Mustang Evolution Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 02-25-2010, 05:18 PM   #1
Registered Member
Region: California
Send a message via AIM to I_luv_HP&trq Send a message via MSN to I_luv_HP&trq
Got myself in a small bind, need some help

Haven't posted here in a while but it's always been a good place to get some feedback from.
Basically I sent a message to a realtor company that gives me updates on condo's for sale in the area since my wife and I are looking to move out of this more expensive town.
I told them that I like their updates but that their photo quality isn't the best. I offered them to do some freelance work and add some captions under the pics. I was very professional with my wording and didn't put down their work.

So anyways now they want to see a website of my work! I'm not a professional photographer by any means but I've always been told that I take good pictures with a basic 12 mp digital camera that my wife has.

I could really use the money but I don't want to come off sounding like I know it all because I dont. I just have the natural eye (i think) to take above average pictures. And if they ask me to add the pictures to their website then I'm screwed because I haven't done stuff like that since high-school.

Any quick advice about how I should approach them or how to embed the pictures with captions onto their site??? I want to be ready if they ask me about all that stuff.
Thanks in advance.

99 Cobra: flowmasters, 18x9.5 cobra R's, soon to be tuned and geared. daily driver
99 V6:in avatar, Mac Cai, true duals/flowmaster 40's ,UDP, custom tuned, bullitt suspension 18" wheels...taken by mother nature
I_luv_HP&trq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 05:43 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Got myself in a small bind, need some help

hmm... i doubt they want you to personally upload them onto their site - they wouldnt give that kind of access credentials. it sounds like they just want a portfolio of your work. be wary though - id slap a watermark on the pics before showing them anything before any contractual agreements.

id tell them that you dont have a website, but if they are interested, you could show them some of your photos either (watermarked) in an email, in person, or maybe throw them up on a quick wiki/blog (wordpress?).

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:40 PM   #3
Registered Member
Region: Texas

I agree with wiarumas, I have a buddy who is a professional photographer and he said you should always watermark your photos when trying to get a job or so forth. He said to just be honest and straight forward with them, tell them you don't have a website and you are just a freelance photographer or it's just a hobby of yours and you have been told you have the eye for great pictures and that should help you out.
Bassani Off-road X-pipe, Magnaflow Catback, BOMZ Racing CAI, Smoked Tail lights, Black Projector Headlights
99 SVT Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 11:32 PM   #4
Region: Tennessee

I agree with wiarumas as well, if it is indeed the advice you are looking for.

Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar