Dumbest thing I heard today - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-10-2006, 05:57 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Dumbest thing I heard today

Some guy who came over from Mexico living here said "We are like Rosa Parks, we are being discriminated against"

Ok... the blacks are American people who then had all the rights you and I have, they were being discriminated against.

But to come here *****ILLEGALLY***** you have NO rights. You are not being discriminated against how you look but for the fact that YOU CAME HERE ILLEGALLY.

I'm surprised black politians and all are throwing this huge **** fit over that.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2006, 05:59 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
Re: Dumbest thing I heard today

that is pretty dumb.. i mean.. what do they expect?

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2006, 06:00 PM   #3
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

yall need to go to Politics, Religion & Current Event Discussion & Debate Forums.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2006, 08:58 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Rosa Parks relatives didn't come here of their own free will, the mexicans had a choice saty home or be a illegal SHIP'EM HOME

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Its like me marching into china and demanding rights and saying ive been persecuted aginst when Im not even there legally.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 09:16 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Yeah, really. The Mexicans were already here (in the southwest states, particularly Texas), and we drove them out fair and square. It's our land now.

That's why I'm sort of up in the air about this whole issue.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:08 AM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

We didn't drive out any of the immigrants (note I didn't say Mexican) who are currently here illegally. These people were born in other countries, and decided of their own free will to come here and do it illegally. I don't care what happened to their great great granpdarents. This was their choice. And they're not doing it to "right any wrong" like you're talking about bbhunt.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:17 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

I don't see any discrimination in this issue, Illigal immigrants are of all races. I don't see how the race issue plays a role on discrimination debates.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

load em all back up in a standard cab f150 and send em on back...
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 01:09 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

The reason that I mention Mexicans in particular is definetly not a matter of racism. On the contrary, it is that their ancestors were living on what we now call "our" land for hundreds, maybe thousands, of years before we got here. I agree that all illegal immigrants should be sent packing... however, I wonder if we shouldn't re-evaluate our legal immigration process. Because the simple fact is that our ancestors did indeed drive many Mexican people off their land years ago so that we could claim it as our own.

This doesn't mean they should simply be able to barge across the border without our consent. I don't claim to have the answer of how this issue should be resolved, but it is very clear that the current system is not working.

Scary stuff.
Old 04-11-2006, 01:44 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

I have two things to say. First I do not think it is possible to grab every single illegal immigrant and send them to their respective countries. If it was, it would have been done a long time ago and the Govt. would not be considering amnesty. Another thing, even though I do agree the borders need to be secured. I do not see it having a huge impact on illegal immigration. A huge part of people living in the U.S. illegally did not necessarily jump a border or swim in. Many people come into the U.S. legally, whether it is as a tourist or any other visa. Then when that visa expires, they stay here illegally. So while securing the borders might be good. Its not the sole answer to the problem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 02:23 PM   #12
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

just let them roam free in texas and new mexico, problem solved.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 03:46 PM   #13
I liek gramer
Legacy

By "secure the borders" I definitely mean that in every manner possible. Restrict student visas if you have to. Allow so few it's easy to check up on them. Make it physically impossible to make it across the border anywhere alive, excepting obvious locations like beaches that are tourist destinations. I don't think that's a big hole in our border security anyways.

I thought the Mexicans sold us some land? Nobody wants to give Alaska back to Russia or Louisiana back to France.

Quote:
Mexican Cession lands were a product of the Mexican-American War and the subsequent Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, signed February 2, 1848. In this treaty, Mexico gave the U.S. parts of what is Texas, Colorado, Arizona, New Mexico and Wyoming, and the whole of California, Nevada and Utah and recognized the Rio Grande as Texas' Southern border. The United States paid Mexico $15 million. In addition, the United States agreed to pay claims made by American citizens against Mexico, which amounted to more than $3 million.
Yep, looks like it, after they decided to go to war with us after Texas left Mexico to join the United States.
Old 04-11-2006, 10:44 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Bane-

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302
On the contrary, it is that their ancestors were living on what we now call "our" land for hundreds, maybe thousands, of years before we got here.
if thats the case, since im 1/2 indian..so im holding a protest to...anyone with me? (ill have to deport the other half of me though)
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 10:55 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bane-
if thats the case, since im 1/2 indian..so im holding a protest to...anyone with me? (ill have to deport the other half of me though)

Yup... so which is it? Right or left? I guess if you really wanted we could go with top or bottom...

But I'm not saying that we should leave because it wasn't originally our land. I just saying that we should be a little more willing to share the land with those who were originally here. However, it should be done through the amendment of our immigration policies, not by the, IMHO, blatant lack of enforcement of our current laws, which obviously need to be changed in one way or another. I think it's safe to say that everyone realizes that the way things are currently being done is quickly becoming a problem.

Basically, I think we should put programs in place to allow more Mexican immigrants to legally enter the country, but at the same time, help ensure they become productive members of society. I definitely disagree that we should just shut the Southern (or Northern for that matter) border off entirely. After all, at some point all of our ancestors were immigrants (including Native Americans if you believe the whole Africa "Motherland" theory that most people seem to accept).

Of course, maybe I should just stop living in a fairy-tale world and just say deport them all. Depends on my mood really.

Scary stuff.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar