It's been posted about a few times.. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-13-2006, 01:50 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas
It's been posted about a few times..

but im still gonna say it anyways..

so the weather is nicer and its gettin around that time of year. went to the gym, ran on the treadmill for a warm up and lifted the chest. first time since january. stepped on the scale.. i gained 10 lbs!

no, not muscle mass, beer mass. im taking whey protein now and im eating more healthy. any tips, suggestions, etc?

im POSSIBLY even thinking about diet pills.. possibly even creatine maybe?

i did some research.. diet pills are bad for you.. i heard it speeds your heart up like crazy. however, thats not that bad.. i mean.. side effects arent that common and stuff.. anyone have any good/bad experiences with pills? i probably wont take diet pills just because im not fat.. i just want to shed a few pounds..

and as for creatine i did my research and know a few people who have in high school. i heard its not that bad and produces results pretty quickly. despite it being expensive, the only side effect is that it might be bad for your kidneys.. but thats only if you dont cycle the usage... and even then its not common. any experiences with creatine as well?

any thoughts are appreciated.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 08:27 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Kentucky
Re: It's been posted about a few times..

I dont really know a whole lot about diet pills or creatine, but I do know they arent that great for you, but you already know that. If you only want to lose a few pounds and buff up, I would suggest just eating better and working out... it is the healthiest way, although it will probably take longer

Mods: MAC Dual Catback Exhaust, MAC Shorty Headers, CAI, Sequential Taillights, 03 17" Cobra Rims

My Garage
electricstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 09:53 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Stay away from the diet pills !! Your already gonna increase your heart rate working out !! Just eat right maybe 6 small meals a day so your always keeping your metabolism working .Check this site out for diet pill info Weight Loss Pills Review and Health Risks

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2006, 09:56 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, i wasnt planning on taking diet pills.. i just wanted to hear some more info about them. possibly maybe someone took one that wasn't bad for them or something else convincing like that.

Old 04-13-2006, 10:37 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I'm in sort of a similar situation. I've been bulking up all winter and have gained a decent amount of weight, but I've also picked up a nice gut while I was at it. I've been doing sit-ups/crunches and stuff, which do help add some stomach muscle, but do basically nothing to help get rid of fat.

I've also been trying to get myself motivated to get out and run regularly, but for some reason it's a hell of a lot harder to do than to get motivated to lift weights.

Gaining weight is easy. It's just hard to gain the kind of weight you want and where you want it. So basically, I'd appreciate any info too.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 11:01 AM   #6
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

My mom told me I got fat when I went home for winter break Not in a mean way, she just said I looked like I gained a little. Ive been lifting all year so far, started off weighing 188lbs. After lifting and not doing any cardio, I gained some muscle mass and was at 195lbs for a while. Lately Ive been eating healthier, steering clear of the fast food stuff if I can along with gettin on a cardio bike for 20 minutes or so whenever I go to work out. Ive been gaining muscle mass and also losing a little weight. Im at 190lbs right now and im 6'1" so Im not really fat, but ive got a gut and those stupid *** love handle things. Now that its warm, Ill start running outside and ill get a good sweat going, so hopefully that helps. Just eat healthy, keep your metabolism up and get some cardio exercise... stuff doesnt happen overnight, so you have to keep at it

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:34 PM   #7
I liek gramer
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I wish I could gain weight even. My weight is stuck where it's at for now.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 04:38 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

lol... I went from 290 to 250 naturally, in 6 weeks... don't do the diet pills. Also, creatine isn't that bad for you... just don't do it if you're not going to lift HARD. Also, yeah, make sure you cycle it. I'm at 245 right now... and 6'2".

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 05:17 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

haha yeah, i dont need the diet pills. i am 180 and used to be 170. i used to be pretty built in high school.. now im not that muscular and im tryin to get it back. i think im gonna try creatine when i get back from easter.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar