street racing - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:18 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007
Thumbs down street racing

This is the reason why I think street racing is stupid and why I just brush off any idiot reving their engine at me at the stop lights . I mean, why do they have a need to not only put their lives in danger, but the lives of others as well
Drag race in Fort Lauderdale ends in fiery crash that kills 4, injures 3: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 AM   #2
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom
Re: street racing

Sounds likes some drunks were racing, from the article.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:48 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Stupid ricers.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 08:51 AM   #4
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to Dom

Here's the winning part.

Quote:
The surviving passenger in the Volkswagen Jetta,
Guess all those commercials were right.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:52 AM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Street racing could be fine, however 95% of the time, people do it in areas they really shouldn't. If you feel the need to race, go out on the interstate and create some room...or go on a straight back road or something of the sort. This way, if you do crash, you only take yourself out. Doing it on city streets, school zones, crowded highways, etc, is just plain stupid.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:44 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Just Plain stupid

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:50 AM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin
Street racing could be fine, however 95% of the time, people do it in areas they really shouldn't. If you feel the need to race, go out on the interstate and create some room...or go on a straight back road or something of the sort. This way, if you do crash, you only take yourself out. Doing it on city streets, school zones, crowded highways, etc, is just plain stupid.
I couldnt agree more. Street Racing should take place in an area where you dont have to put others in danger Like you said , not racing in traffic, a busy street or something of that nature.Sounds like a bunch of dumbass ricers who felt they were invinsible and could race in traffic
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:53 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

so, you guys are saying that street racing should not be done on the streets, I agree,lol.
It just pisses me off that street racers are not content with putting their own lifes in danger, they gotta put others at risk as well.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 11:58 AM   #9
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by V6STANG007
so, you guys are saying that street racing should not be done on the streets, I agree,lol.
It just pisses me off that street racers are not content with putting their own lifes in danger, they gotta put others at risk as well.
No, we are saying street racing shouldn't be done on crowded streets or areas where people are. Move it to the interstate like when I raced that Lambo. We slowed to make room, then hit it. If we would have crashed, it would have only affected us.

Moral is, don't race where there are other people.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:04 PM   #10
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

if people were responsible then many things in this world would work much differently. There are to many retards around thats why many things we could enjoy are illegal... we REALLY need to put a new drivers test into practice with much more strict testing... there are to many people driving on the roads that are far to stupid to correctly and saftly operate a vehicle.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:16 PM   #11
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
...there are to many people driving on the roads that are far to stupid to correctly and saftly operate a vehicle.
If that ain't the truth...I wonder how many of those drivers performed some sort of "service" to receive their licenses.

Also add an age limit. Once you reach a certain age, get off the road. Either that, or a general rule that if you are affraid of driving the posted limit, then you don't need a license.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:18 PM   #12
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

A stricter test wouldn't do anything. People would just study harder, get their license, and as soon as their Aliens Take Over the World part 3 body kit came in for mom's civic, they'd be out being retarded.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:24 PM   #13
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
...Aliens Take Over the World part 3 body kit ...
I heard that kit was the shiznit. Thought about putting it on the explorer before delivering it to ComputerGuy...but I am not sure he or his wife are ready for such hawtness.
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 12:25 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
.... If we would have crashed, it would have only affected us....
Not necesarily true, if you crash cuz you are acting carelessly wile on a public road. It affects everyone. You'll probably have traffic backed up for a while. If you crash into something, you'll end of destroying public property. that's gonna cost us all. Police and paramedics will have to be sent to the scene. Increasing number of accidents,mean increasing insurance rates for everyone. if you die or get seriously hurt, your friends and family will most likely be affected. IMO its just not worth it.

Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 12:57 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i find it how its "streetracing is bad" now, yet our fathers and grandfathers have been doing it, and doing it in faster cars than most out here today, for the past half a century.

the only thing bad about racing someone at a light is the time where its 2 16 year olds in their riced out civics that, for some reason, feel they have to prove themselves and will stop at nothing, will go into oncoming lanes at 100mph, fly around cars just to prove hes faster or has more balls. that, IMO is stupid and dangerous.

taking your car to a deserted road, country road, and/or clear interstate late night, is perfectly fine IMO.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 01:11 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
i find it how its "streetracing is bad" now, yet our fathers and grandfathers have been doing it, and doing it in faster cars than most out here today, for the past half a century.

the only thing bad about racing someone at a light is the time where its 2 16 year olds in their riced out civics that, for some reason, feel they have to prove themselves and will stop at nothing, will go into oncoming lanes at 100mph, fly around cars just to prove hes faster or has more balls. that, IMO is stupid and dangerous.

taking your car to a deserted road, country road, and/or clear interstate late night, is perfectly fine IMO.
racing in cars that are not meant to be racing to begin with unless the suspension has been upgraded big time has a lot to do w/ that also.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 01:43 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

most of the cars of yesterday were much slower but you dont have to run 10 second quarter miles to wreck and kill someone~

Make it the sort of test you cant study for, more than one basic drive me around in a circle type thing, and if you fail you have to wait so long to do it again, 6 months, a year, ext depending on how bad you did.

If you get XX tickets or do so many stupid things you have it removed and you have to wait so long and go take it again. I think if you get caught street racing you get a ticket and a warning so forth, the next time you get your ability to drive removed for 6 months, next time two years, and finally you lose your car and have to ride the bus to work

Most of the time the retards out there get tickets from their stupid actions.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:02 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark02Pony
racing in cars that are not meant to be racing to begin with unless the suspension has been upgraded big time has a lot to do w/ that also.
i fail to see how suspension has to do with anything but maybe launching and cornering.

though its a legit point that most cars that are crashed during a streetrace gone bad, are the low end ones not designed to do anything more than get groceries. well, except for that guy that crashed the ferarri down in san diego streetracing.

Old 04-17-2006, 02:15 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

if only their autos ver unpimped...

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:21 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
i fail to see how suspension has to do with anything but maybe launching and cornering.

though its a legit point that most cars that are crashed during a streetrace gone bad, are the low end ones not designed to do anything more than get groceries. well, except for that guy that crashed the ferarri down in san diego streetracing.
well what i was pointing out w/ some ricers they're always *****ing about "yeah but you can only go straight we can turn" and then they try to take a turn at like 90mph cause they think they are God then spin out in the middle of traffic because their little 97 civic ex isnt made to handle like that.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 02:28 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

There enough open streaks of roads to street race without putting the general public at risk

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:30 PM   #22
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

Quote:
well what i was pointing out w/ some ricers they're always *****ing about "yeah but you can only go straight we can turn" and then they try to take a turn at like 90mph cause they think they are God then spin out in the middle of traffic because their little 97 civic ex isnt made to handle like that.
I hate to say it, but you sound like a ricer in your own way right now. Youre almost blaming the car not handling well for someone wrecking. BS. My 3.8L handled like a land yact, and i never hit anything ,even in my times of trying to race the thing. Its in the driving, ive seen huge station wagons manhandle little imports on the auto-x circuit, why? because the man could drive it, and they couldnt.

Ive done my share of racing, and i still do my share of racing, the difference is, im not an idiot. I had a kid trying to race me, he lanched and almost ran into the back of a car, and all i could do was laugh.

If it wasnt street racing killing people, those dip****s would find something else that would kill people.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:31 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
I hate to say it, but you sound like a ricer in your own way right now. Youre almost blaming the car not handling well for someone wrecking. BS. My 3.8L handled like a land yact, and i never hit anything ,even in my times of trying to race the thing. Its in the driving, ive seen huge station wagons manhandle little imports on the auto-x circuit, why? because the man could drive it, and they couldnt.

Ive done my share of racing, and i still do my share of racing, the difference is, im not an idiot. I had a kid trying to race me, he lanched and almost ran into the back of a car, and all i could do was laugh.

If it wasnt street racing killing people, those dip****s would find something else that would kill people.
I'm not saying "its the cars fault not the drivers fault" by any means. The people behind the wheels are absolute dumbasses.But im just saying some of these cars you see these kids racing should not belong racing in any form and chances if they're racing it and racing in traffic they're not smart enough to correct a slip.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 06:39 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
I'm not saying "its the cars fault not the drivers fault" by any means. The people behind the wheels are absolute dumbasses.But im just saying some of these cars you see these kids racing should not belong racing in any form and chances if they're racing it and racing in traffic they're not smart enough to correct a slip.
then again, the only time you learn is from your mistakes........

sadly, these mistakes can sometimes be fatal, not just to those who attempted the act, but those who had nothing to do with it at all.

Old 04-17-2006, 07:04 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
then again, the only time you learn is from your mistakes........

sadly, these mistakes can sometimes be fatal, not just to those who attempted the act, but those who had nothing to do with it at all.
exactly. which is why is racing on the street should do either A. on a clear freeway or B. on a dead open side road.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 07:09 PM   #26
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

The thing is though, it's still illegal. I dunno about other places, but if you get caught here in Mississippi street racing, they automatically arrest you, impound your car, and you have a court date the next day with the judge. Wreckless driving/careless driving, and wreckless endangerment are the normal charges.

The thing is though, if you're gonna say street racing is bad, you shouldn't approve any street racing period. Whether it be on open roads or in the middle of traffic, it's all illegal.

Personally, I know it's wrong, but we've all been guilty of doing it. I don't speed/race near as much as I used to, but it's hard to pass up some opportunities lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:14 PM   #27
Registered Member
Regular

oh its def illegal here as hell. I dont go speeding around or anything like some people do but i do get into a race here and there.
Quote:
Quote:
Old 04-17-2006, 07:37 PM   #28
Road Trip!

Quote:
I heard that kit was the shiznit. Thought about putting it on the explorer before delivering it to ComputerGuy...but I am not sure he or his wife are ready for such hawtness.
OUCH!!!
ComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:40 PM   #29
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

Street racing should be legal as long as you stay under the speed limit.
Nite-Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:46 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

I can go either way on this.

Yes street racing is dangerous, that's a fact. Anything can go wrong.

I try not racing anymore, especially in my 6 because I see no point.

I dunno, it should be illegal, but you have to look at the circumstances of how they are racing. If it's crowded and such.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar