Satellite Radio - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

View Poll Results: What do you have
Sirius Radio 3 15.00%
XM Radio 7 35.00%
FM Radio FTW 10 50.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-17-2006, 02:06 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Satellite Radio

Just curious if anyone has satellite radio out there.

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 02:11 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Satellite Radio

I voted FM radio.. but I dont listen to FM radio... I just have 2000000 cds I go through. I can't bring myself to pay for radio...

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:14 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
I voted FM radio.. but I dont listen to FM radio... I just have 2000000 cds I go through. I can't bring myself to pay for radio...
x2

i usually burn a new cd everytime i have to go on a trip longer than 1 hour.

do this for 4 years and you got yourself quite a collection.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2006, 02:27 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

I really dont see the need to have another damn bill to be leashed to. Music is free and I sure as hell dont want to see our availability to listen to free music to go away like our ability to watch free TV has gone away. It is true you can have rabbit ears and not pay but look at the very limited selection. This is why Cable and dish cost so much. I say screw Satellite radio and screw corporate takover of the airwaves
Old 04-17-2006, 02:35 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to V6STANG007 Send a message via Yahoo to V6STANG007

My Grand Cherokee came with a year free of satellite radio. I'm not sure but I think it was sirius, so I'll vote for that one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude
OK you are right!!! Maybe I am the Old Crazy One
V6STANG007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:51 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I got an XM radio for free when they came out with their portable ones 2 years ago I think.. or was it one year ago? Anyway, once you go Satellite you never wanna go back. You begin to realize how many god damn commercials there are on FM stations. I listen to CD's in the car for everyday use and bring the XM on long trips.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #7
Road Trip!

Quote:
I really dont see the need to have another damn bill to be leashed to. Music is free and I sure as hell dont want to see our availability to listen to free music to go away like our ability to watch free TV has gone away. It is true you can have rabbit ears and not pay but look at the very limited selection. This is why Cable and dish cost so much. I say screw Satellite radio and screw corporate takover of the airwaves
AMEN. I have to listen to what the driver listens too. I'm in a carpool. Usually John Boy and Billy on the drive in.

Can't beat a carpool. I've only paid 80.00 in gas for the last 6 months to get to work.
ComputerGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

XM

Regular radio sucks. Limited selection, especially if you hate pop or the top 40 crap they play. Range is limited on the FM band and if you want soemthing other than talk or spanish radio on the AM you are outta luck around here.

Satellite radio offers so much more than regular radio that it's worth it to me to pay for it. Want to hear Big Band music, no problem. Country, no problem, comedy, bluegrass, CNN, FOX, MSNBC audio feeds, heavy metal, radio disney, you name it I got it. Every baseball game, World Cup soccer, football, got it all.

FM? Two "rock" stations, 4 country stations, a bunch of cRap stations and lots of spanish stations. Am, two talk stations and a bunch of spanish.

You get what you pay for.

Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by slvr2000stang
Holy crap he's right.
Ponycarman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to Dark02Pony

if i listen to radio its 105.5 wdha (classic rock, old rock, new rock) or ill just listen to cd's so i wouldnt benefit from paying to have radio
Operation: Evolutionization.......Member #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCitan
Ford Motor Company = FoMoCo..
what does that make Honda Motor Company????
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicole
Mineral Gray is such a hott color. Much better then orange
Dark02Pony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:01 PM   #10
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
bingo. Can't see the point in paying for radio where all they will do is play the same basic playlist daily...they might only have a few more in their list instead of the top 40.

And...I hate talk radio, so I don't care about the ability to listen to so and so's show.

The only radio I listen to is Walton and Johnson in the morning....then the CD's go in.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #11
Regular

and I hate talk radio too

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 04:41 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have 2 classic rock stations one is so hard it wont play the eagles. I have 2 modern rock and alternative stations. Between the four I have no problem finding a decent song at any given time. Bham sux with a passion Huntsville is moderately OK. I do listen to CD's most of the time WHEN I HAVE A WORKING PLAYER BY GOD!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 04:49 PM   #13
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

I dont listen to the radio sooo.....
Old 04-17-2006, 04:51 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom
I dont listen to the radio sooo.....
Why????? Are you afraid of free music????? or are you tone deaf
Old 04-17-2006, 04:52 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

xm ftw
Old 04-17-2006, 05:02 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

You guys crack me up. Spending wads of money to impress yourselves. You dont see the merchant mongers see you coming. That is why people charge 500 or 800 for a new gaing system because there is a few million people obsessed with materialism and must have it. Thgat is why everything cost more. I have a friend who will get the next newest cell phone to come out just because he as to have it. WASTE WASTE WASTE!!! Plain and simple. People need XM like they need a nuclear submarine.

Like I said you guys crack me up!!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 05:13 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

i never said I pay for it, my mom has it for free in her truck, so I get to listen to it online, otherwise I would never use it. Besides, when you have over 10,000 songs on your computer, you always have something to fit your taste at any time.

I do like XM alot, but I would never pay for it
Old 04-17-2006, 06:22 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

my boss has the portable Sirius thingy that we use in the office (and he can use it in his car as well), its pretty sweet, we usually listen to either the trance/dance/techno stations or the hard rock ones.

we kinda have no choice, all the good FM stations have all been overrun by mexican (no offense) radio stations. everytime a good station pops up, its not long before its reformatted into another beaner station. all thats left is our rap station, a ***** alternative station, and our classic rock station, which is probably about to get overrun as well, seeing their sister station out of fresno was just formatted into, you guessed it, another mexican station.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 06:25 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

Quote:
You guys crack me up. Spending wads of money to impress yourselves. You dont see the merchant mongers see you coming. That is why people charge 500 or 800 for a new gaing system because there is a few million people obsessed with materialism and must have it. Thgat is why everything cost more. I have a friend who will get the next newest cell phone to come out just because he as to have it. WASTE WASTE WASTE!!! Plain and simple. People need XM like they need a nuclear submarine.

or............

maybe they buy it when it comes out cause they like it, and dont want to wait till its not the best anymore. not everyone wants a "mediocre gaming system" or "last years cell phones". i sure in the hell dont like old slow stuff.

and btw, we need nuclear submarines. without them, jokes like "what did the gay whale do to the submarine? bit off the tip and ate all the seamen!" just wouldnt be as funny.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:01 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

See, you guys that got satellite 4 or 5 years ago are the innovators, you are the ones who first try it. I would guess you always buy the newest and best stuff. The people who are now getting it are the early adopters, and people who finally convert in a few years will be the late adopters. I consider myself an early adopter, just don't see the point in xm radio. I have a 3 minute drive to work in the morning, park my car all day, then get in and drive home for 3 minutes in the afternoon. I could, however, see the benefit of satellite radio if I was on the road often such as having a 30 or 45 minute commute. I've installed several of these sytems for some of my professors who make trips across the state on a regular basis and they absolutely love it. I just don't see me benefiting from satellite radio, so therefore I spend that money elsewhere.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:03 PM   #21
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
once you go Satellite you never wanna go back.

I spend 2-3hrs a day in the car. Well worth the $15 a month for Sirius.
Ken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 07:31 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

that isn't the point.

Do you have cable in your house? If you do then why? You could just stick to your regular channels and not pay so much. Same deal with Satellite. I wanted more and better stations to listen to than the crap on FM and AM. Why did you get cable? It isn't about materialism, I don't even use the thing for outdoor portable use. I got an iPod for that, and if you wanna talk about materialism about an iPod, then we got a long discussion ahead of us over the power of music

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:47 PM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

No to me it is about paying for something that is free. The last couple of generations seem to not mind paying for something that is free or nearly free. Take water for example. Coke and Pepsi's largest profit is coming from sale of bottled water. BOTTLED WATER!!!! $1.00 for a damn 20 oz bottle water that is like $8.00 dollars a gallon FOR FREAKING WATER!!! and it is filtered city tap water with a fancy name. AQUAFINA WOOOOOOOOOO!!! it does not stop there. Sure I have cable because the option of rabbit ears is even more crappy. If I could get away from paying for TV I would. We have become a society of snobs and idiots willing to pay outrageous prices for things that should only cost 1/10 as much. Take trucks for example a 2 door truck can be had for 11,000 bucks you add 2 more doors and the truck is nearly 25,000. Now do you really think it cost that much more at the factory to add 2 more doors HELL NO. They laugh all the way to the bank seeing all the smucks line up to pay 10,000 more for 2 extra doors. America is more self absorbed than it has ever been and the day is coming where all of this crap will mean nothing. Take Katrina for example. What did we see. People looting for food HELL NO they were looting for plasma TVs and Nike's. Once **** really hits the fan on a global scale will we finally get our heads out of the sand and really find what is really important in life and it is not a 50 function phone unless it can grow food for you and power your house!!!

AMEN!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 08:59 PM   #24
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

I'm with Corey on this one, except Birmingham's FM radio selection isn't horribly bad.

I also listen to CD's all the time.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:08 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteStang99
I'm with Corey on this one, except Birmingham's FM radio selection isn't horribly bad.

I also listen to CD's all the time.
Dont take offense. Birmingham for it's size has crap radio
Old 04-17-2006, 09:12 PM   #26
I liek gramer
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to WhiteStang99

Maybe. I dunno, never lived anywhere bigger than the ham. :dunno:

I'm not offended, lol.
WhiteStang99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 09:24 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

from my experiences....that is with Sirius, XM, and FM, I will have Sirius for a long long long time. XM just sucks...Im sorry if I am paying for radio I dont want to hear a commercial for a mortgage company on the comedy channel or any channel for that matter. That and Sirius has much better channels with much better shows. And all the stations are unedited, unlike XM. Now on my second year of owning Sirius, I have grown to hate listening to FM. Cant stand it, one stations around here suck for the most part, couple stations that are ok part of the time, but the commercial breaks drive me crazy.

hell dont even carry my cds with me anymore...keep a couple MP3 cds in the truck is about it, i occasionally pop one in when there are some certain songs I want to here.

EDIT: to say towards lowflyn, talking about drive time. Takes me about an hour to get to work and an hour home, plus once a month i make the 2 and half to 3 hour drive to montgomery. I am constantly driving whether it be commuting to and from work, drill, or just cruisin with friends. Sirius is worth every penny IMO. I pay for it by the year. Would love to have the cash for the lifetime subsription though.

Supermotors

Co-Founder of the Non-Mustang Owners Club
SrATEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 10:18 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
No to me it is about paying for something that is free. The last couple of generations seem to not mind paying for something that is free or nearly free. Take water for example. Coke and Pepsi's largest profit is coming from sale of bottled water. BOTTLED WATER!!!! $1.00 for a damn 20 oz bottle water that is like $8.00 dollars a gallon FOR FREAKING WATER!!! and it is filtered city tap water with a fancy name. AQUAFINA WOOOOOOOOOO!!! it does not stop there. Sure I have cable because the option of rabbit ears is even more crappy. If I could get away from paying for TV I would. We have become a society of snobs and idiots willing to pay outrageous prices for things that should only cost 1/10 as much. Take trucks for example a 2 door truck can be had for 11,000 bucks you add 2 more doors and the truck is nearly 25,000. Now do you really think it cost that much more at the factory to add 2 more doors HELL NO. They laugh all the way to the bank seeing all the smucks line up to pay 10,000 more for 2 extra doors. America is more self absorbed than it has ever been and the day is coming where all of this crap will mean nothing. Take Katrina for example. What did we see. People looting for food HELL NO they were looting for plasma TVs and Nike's. Once **** really hits the fan on a global scale will we finally get our heads out of the sand and really find what is really important in life and it is not a 50 function phone unless it can grow food for you and power your house!!!

AMEN!!!!
you avoided my question, do you have cable TV?

Old 04-17-2006, 10:24 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
you avoided my question, do you have cable TV?
Are you reading challenged!!!!

Quote:

AMEN!!!!
MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #30
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Are you reading challenged!!!!

MUHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA
Ah good, that was too much to read in the first place

So you buy cable because rabbit ears suck right?

FM-AM stations = Rabbit Ears in this situation.

how much is cable per month anyway? I don't pay the bills here, but I can tell you XM's price is about 12 a month. The radio DJs are also incredibly nice. There's a soundtrack station that plays whatever I want and even tells me when they are going to play it so I don't have to sit there waiting for it all day.

you should cut the cable and get satellite

Old 04-17-2006, 10:53 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Ah good, that was too much to read in the first place

So you buy cable because rabbit ears suck right?

FM-AM stations = Rabbit Ears in this situation.

how much is cable per month anyway? I don't pay the bills here, but I can tell you XM's price is about 12 a month. The radio DJs are also incredibly nice. There's a soundtrack station that plays whatever I want and even tells me when they are going to play it so I don't have to sit there waiting for it all day.

you should cut the cable and get satellite
No I have killer radio stations where I live and I have a CD player. The reason I dont have Satellite TV is because the quality sux during rainstorms or ice storms. All the paid media sux ***. I just have to live with the fact I to am a snob idiot conditioned to paying for what use to be free or cheap. See well before some of you were born Cable TV with all the channels available was like 12.99. Now with internet and cable TV I am paying right at 100 smackers. I dont like it and if I ever decide to be a part of a rebellion against the dark side the first places I am going to blow up is the telecommunication companies then the Oil companies. Then maybe Honda!!!!
Old 04-17-2006, 11:08 PM   #32
Registered Member
Regular

35 minute commute and ****ty FM stations = my getting XM

plus i got the unit for free, one perk of working car audio at best buy

In Texas? check out www.lonestarstangs.com
timpryor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2006, 11:38 PM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

^ lol it was also a perk over at Circuit City too.

For the record though......

If you are thinking about getting a Satellite Radio, take this into consideration.

Sirius has stations, lots of up to date songs, and it's easy to find some nice songs. I loved Alt Nation while working at Circuit City.

XM has a crap load of stations, you really can't find just ONE to stay at because they have such a wide variety of songs on their stations. It's sorta a pain.. but my dad is really into that classic rock station, I think it's called Deep Tracks or something? I dunno, XM has a lot more variety in stations in my opinion.

And that's just me who listened to Sirius all day at work and XM at night.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:44 PM   #34
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

Quote:
Why????? Are you afraid of free music????? or are you tone deaf
All the stations suck and I won't spend any money on CDs. So road noise keeps me company.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 PM   #35
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

XM

After the you listen to it you realize just how limited FM playlists are. They play WAY more songs than standard FM stations. Plus I like the channels with comedy, old radio shows (The Shadow Knows ), and books/stories on radio.

I just wish XM had the NFL contract like Sirius has.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar