desire advice... stock investment type advice... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 04-22-2006, 02:48 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Tennessee
Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark
desire advice... stock investment type advice...

i figure with almost 3,000 members maybe a couple of you know something about this stuff.. so here goes...

i'm looking to get started in stock investment, what are some good companies and literatures for me to read and look into getting started. i'd google it, but it seems with google that it's easier to link to a scam than a legit website, so i'm asking in here

some notes: well, i'm not particularly well off. i make ~$35k a year, so my starting investment would be under $5k... probably between 2 or 3k... on the plus side, i am newly out of debt, except owing $6k on a student loan, but no worries, becuz that one is caught up with 3.5% interest... i do need to get rid of my truck and get something with great gas mileage, cuz the truck is far too big a gas guzzler

so, chime ins?
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to 12second5.0
Re: desire advice... stock investment type advice...

Honda Civic.
12second5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2006, 10:52 AM   #3

Region: Missouri

Im into this kind of stuff. Ive been investing since i was 16 and one stock i've always stuck with was Cisco Systems (CSCO). It is a very safe stock. It is run by people that know what theyre doing. Cisco is involved in internet hardware such as wireless connections so basically they will be around as long as the internet is , forever. The market is a little screwy right now though so watch yourself. No one knows what it will do. Cisco for the most part has been going up but who knows what it will do. The question you have to ask yourself is do you want to be a long term investor or pretty much a daytrader? Cisco would be great for long term investments. Usually what I do when i daytrade is I invest in a stock that took a big dive the day before in hopes that it will rebound the next day. Be careful with this though casue you WILL get burned every once in a while. A good broker to go through would be etrade.com. They give you all the research and advice you could ask for. Just my $.02.
blk99stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2006, 11:03 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to 12second5.0

As far as investments go, I have alot of dough in my 401k.I contribute 10% of every paycheck into it. If you are young then I'd advise putting money into a Roth IRA.The interest is tax free when it is time to collect.If you invest the maximum amount from the time you are elgible for just 10 years you will have well over $1 million in the bank by the time you retire.If you invest the whole time you are elgible until retirement you are projected to have over $7 million.That's a conservative projection.
12second5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2006, 07:07 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Just look at it this way, the average return on the stock market is 11.8 percent, that includes the great depression. Do not invest in the stock market for the short term, you will most likely get burned unless you're really lucky. If you're looking for something more shortterm with less chances of losing money, look into bonds and cd's. Just remember one thing, the more the risk, the more the possible gains.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar