girl car??? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-05-2006, 07:03 PM   #36
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Re: girl car???

Nobody says crap to me, they know I rock

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-05-2006, 08:18 PM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

I've had people at the track give me ****

its esp. great in the regal, they usually call it a grandmas car..

There was a guy with an '05ish accord coupe manual trans, asked me why I'd bother buying a regular passenger sedan.. he was bragging about 240 whopping HP (my regal has 240 also lol..) his 6 speed manual.. my regal gets equal or better gas mileage than his manual, that's one of the main reasons I drive it every day.. and he went on to say torque doesn't matter when I asked him if his car had any..

After we raced and I had about a full second difference on him (my 14.2 to his 14.9ish mine with a higher trap speed as well.. 97 to ~96.5ish) I asked him if torque still mattered, I told him my car had 240 HP as well, but with about double his torque.. he didn't answer me lol

Ricers never bother me.. the cool ones are decently fast and don't brag their car up, the typical ones are slow as balls and any v6 rustang would put one in his place.. plus stock for stock (with better tires on the rustang..) a v6 rustang can handle right along with them also..
Old 05-05-2006, 09:25 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

I never really had that problem. I guess because I went right to work on the apperance and they figured it looked to good to be slow.

But now that (unfortunately) a few people are finding out about it's turbo, they start giving me crap. I wip it out (the dyno sheet that is) and they get real quiet. Then I start it and it sounds better than their v8.

Old 05-06-2006, 12:56 AM   #39
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I used to get a lot of crap about my v-6... and yeah, I mean a lot. The insurance guy actually came up to me and said "that v-6 can turn those tires?". I said, well, you see how the fronts have 80% tread left, and the rears look like drag slicks? yeah, those were bought at the same time... it burns 'em all day long. Everyone on campus was sure I had a v-8, just with the loud exhaust, and the burning out and everything... surely the paint job didn't hurt. But, I also didn't correct them when I knew they thought it was a v-8, but no I didn't tell them it was a v-8. If they asked, I told them.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 01:39 AM   #40
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
I used to get a lot of crap about my v-6... and yeah, I mean a lot. The insurance guy actually came up to me and said "that v-6 can turn those tires?". I said, well, you see how the fronts have 80% tread left, and the rears look like drag slicks? yeah, those were bought at the same time... it burns 'em all day long. Everyone on campus was sure I had a v-8, just with the loud exhaust, and the burning out and everything... surely the paint job didn't hurt. But, I also didn't correct them when I knew they thought it was a v-8, but no I didn't tell them it was a v-8. If they asked, I told them.
Damn man, I so wish I was as cool as you. I don't know how you do it.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 04:54 PM   #41
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmy_beaner
Thats the recipe on how to get girls screen names.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 06:18 PM   #42
Registered Member
Regular

just beat the **** out of them, usually jackasses like this only understand one thing, an asswhoopin.

i've gotten compliments about my car and a few times they would ask "hey man, that thing got a 5.0 in it?" i say "nah man, they stopped makin those like 11 years ago." then i've heard once before from an older guy "man, you should drop a 5.0 in that thing" i told him "why would i downgrade to something slower though, i walk stock 5.0s, auto or manual"

last june i got my car tuned and after about a week of having it tuned i was at a light when a civic with some dude and his gf pull up next to me. he asked if that was a 6 or 8. i told him 6 and he said "haha, why did you even bother?" i told him "when the light turns green, i'll show you." ...........he got walked by quite a few cars
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 07:34 PM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r
Damn man, I so wish I was as cool as you. I don't know how you do it.
oh, how I love the sarcasm. You don't have to drive the car like an idiot to get noticed.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Old 05-06-2006, 07:35 PM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
Thats the recipe on how to get girls screen names.
refer to previous post... about the sarcasm.

Old 05-07-2006, 08:14 AM   #45
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang
...i've gotten compliments about my car and a few times they would ask "hey man, that thing got a 5.0 in it?" i say "nah man, they stopped makin those like 11 years ago." then i've heard once before from an older guy "man, you should drop a 5.0 in that thing" i told him "why would i downgrade to something slower though, i walk stock 5.0s, auto or manual"

last june i got my car tuned and after about a week of having it tuned i was at a light when a civic with some dude and his gf pull up next to me. he asked if that was a 6 or 8. i told him 6 and he said "haha, why did you even bother?" i told him "when the light turns green, i'll show you." ...........he got walked by quite a few cars

That's basically how I approach it when car guys ask why I work with V6's.
I tell them how cheaply I can make a V6 fast and that the heads flow so
good (SPI) that it's stupid not to tweak a V6, cheaper insurance, lighter
weight, better MPG, cheaper used cars for projects (got my V6 for 1K with
tons of bolton mods)... They mostly just shut up after that or ask about
1/4 mile times and HP figures. Chick Car Indeed!
Old 05-07-2006, 04:11 PM   #46

haha its true... i bought my v6 mustang off my step-mom
I still think its a girl car (lacks power)... but for the price I paid.. i could swallow my pride

oh and I absolutly hate it when an actual girl pulls up along side me in the same car
Osalcido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:47 PM   #47
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

violence solves everything. punch their teeth out.

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 01:28 AM   #48
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

Quote:
Originally Posted by meteorachick
well since i drive a mustang, that would technically make mine a chick car... a bad *** orange chick car
har har.

I second that one.. cept.. mine's redfire..

but we still rock!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 09:55 AM   #49
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

for the stock performance of the 99-04 v6 ... most of those that tell you its a girls car own vehicles that are slower or the same~
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:41 AM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I'm not saying anything against the cars... but you gotta admit that a lot of girls drive them. I think that's where this idea stems from.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 10:52 AM   #51
Legacy Member
Legacy

I've seen a 60 year old woman driving a Viper in Huntsville. Is that a girl car?
Old 05-08-2006, 11:02 AM   #52
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

the idea comes from the v6 being the base model that makes up 60-70% of all mustangs on the roads, ergo more guys drive v6's than gt or cobras combined just as well as more girls drive v6's then gt's or cobras combined.

That does not in any way make them less of a mustang, just an easier obtainable mustang. Anyone that makes fun of someone for owning a v6 mustang must not like their gt or cobra very much.

If it was not for the people buying the v6's there would be no gt or cobra mustangs on the road period, you should thank them not make fun of them. Furthermore.. they care and love their car just as much as you do... how would you feel if someone said you were wasting your time or you were stupid for modifying your car...

By making fun of someone or thinking you are the "top dog" you basically are showing how truly ignorant you are and how little you really know about the car modifying scene.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:04 AM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV
how would you feel if someone said you were wasting your time or you were stupid for modifying your car...
My dad says that to me all the time.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 11:05 AM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy

I didn't say it was a girl car. I just see a lot of girls driving them. There's nothing wrong with that.

And yes, a Viper is definitely a girl car. A ***** car even.

Scary stuff.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:16 PM   #55
Legacy Member
Legacy

^
Old 05-09-2006, 08:52 AM   #56
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

this is one of several reasons i got my car, tons of people drive mustangs around here v6 or v8, and majority are females, yes I have a v6 firebird, but not once has someone called it a girl car, usually they just talk about how mean it looks. power can come as the money comes in
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #57
Registered Member
Regular

All the guys here in Charlestown and Clarksville have V8 and when I got my V6 for my 16th birthday BOY I WS JUST HAPPY AS CAN BE..It was the car I wanted ever since I first seen the 96's when I was little and my dream came true so I was happier than hell to get it...people ask me and tell me "A V8 IS BETTER!" well all I can say to them is " ITS FAST ENOUGH SO YOU CAN LOOK AT IT AND WISH YOU HAD IT!" That ALWAYS gets them....that and I always throw in " ATLEAST MINE HAS KICK *** 18" RIMS UNLIKE YOUR SHATTY 15" RIMS!" other than that I am blessed to have myV6...Plus my grammy got it for me just b4 she passed so its more about the sentimental value it holds that makes it special to me....Thats straight up girlie talk right there! LOL...I love my "Eleanor" and she loves me caue I take good care of her! lol SO FOR ALL THEM RACERS AND V8 OWNERS WHO THINK OUR LITTLE V6'S ARE SHATTY.....:fu2:
Debras96stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debras96stang
All the guys here in Charlestown and Clarksville have V8 and when I got my V6 for my 16th birthday BOY I WS JUST HAPPY AS CAN BE..It was the car I wanted ever since I first seen the 96's when I was little and my dream came true so I was happier than hell to get it...people ask me and tell me "A V8 IS BETTER!" well all I can say to them is " ITS FAST ENOUGH SO YOU CAN LOOK AT IT AND WISH YOU HAD IT!" That ALWAYS gets them....that and I always throw in " ATLEAST MINE HAS KICK *** 18" RIMS UNLIKE YOUR SHATTY 15" RIMS!" other than that I am blessed to have myV6...Plus my grammy got it for me just b4 she passed so its more about the sentimental value it holds that makes it special to me....Thats straight up girlie talk right there! LOL...I love my "Eleanor" and she loves me caue I take good care of her! lol SO FOR ALL THEM RACERS AND V8 OWNERS WHO THINK OUR LITTLE V6'S ARE SHATTY.....:fu2:
shatty huh
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 PM   #59
Road Trip!

Quote:
SO FOR ALL THEM RACERS AND V8 OWNERS WHO THINK OUR LITTLE V6'S ARE SHATTY.....:fu2:
What about 4 cylinder owners?
Old 05-13-2006, 12:06 PM   #60
Registered Member
Regular

ok...here I will sum it up even more...FOR ANYONE WITH A CAR THAT HAS TO HAVE SOME "SOUPING UP" IN ORDER TO KEEP UP WITH A V8 OR BETTER THIS IS FROM THEM TO THE V8ers AND RACERS HWO THINK THEY RULE OVER EVERYONE.....:fu2:
Old 05-13-2006, 03:48 PM   #61
Legacy Member
Legacy

It's not the guys with V8s that is the problem... it's the guys with V8s and blowers. "OMG they don't even know."

And everyone anything with a V10 is a girl car, like the aforementioned Viper.

And I do believe I may have been out in the sun too long today.

Scary stuff.
Old 05-13-2006, 03:51 PM   #62
Road Trip!

Quote:
ok...here I will sum it up even more...FOR ANYONE WITH A CAR THAT HAS TO HAVE SOME "SOUPING UP" IN ORDER TO KEEP UP WITH A V8 OR BETTER THIS IS FROM THEM TO THE V8ers AND RACERS HWO THINK THEY RULE OVER EVERYONE.....:fu2:
My 4 banger didnt need souping up...
Old 05-13-2006, 10:59 PM   #63

Region: Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tbird232ci
My 4 banger didnt need souping up...
I love how the turbo coupes run, they start out kind of normal and then take off (my Dad had a 86 and I used to love to drive it)

I just got a 06 with the V6 auto and I love this car. It has enough power for me but I keep hearing how bad my car is for having a V6, it's the same size engine I have in my 03 Explorer and that thing runs fine too. There are a lot of haters out there. I'm glad to see that the people on this site arent like that.
dwtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2006, 02:05 AM   #64
Registered Member
Regular

Guys are the only problems I have with my mustang.....they think in order to be "cool" you gotta have a V8...well like I tell anyone..Id rather have one I know I can control than having one I gotta take a driving course for! LOL I aint the best driver but I know for a fact my *****s ars cant handle a nice V8....sad huh?
Old 05-14-2006, 02:28 AM   #65
Legacy Member
Legacy

Eh, I know a lot of you justify owning a V6 is awsome and all.. but I'm thrown back by how poorly Ford made them stock. You look at many other import cars with V6 engines in them and they are far surperior to a Ford's V6 engine for the mustang. You can say, better mpg, but like I said in sonic's thread even a Sinata has more horse power and better mpg.

I'm just disappointed and given up on the V6. I think I'll just tune it and that'll be the end of mods for the car. All the money I put in a 6 show little increases. If I put the same amount of money into an 8 I'd see better results. I admire you guys for building up the mods in your V6's and have hope for them, but I sorta lost hope..

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:04 AM   #66
Road Trip!

My biggest gripe with the V6 isnt so much how its underpowered, but how much it costs to mod them, and how little the power increase is for your mods. Morana has heads, Street/Strip heads, and for a single port, its 1400, and for split port, its 1650, and theyre not even a new casting, they old heads that have been worked over. When you look at a 5.0, you get a set of heads, built from the ground up, new castings, for 1200.

Its a shame, that a stock displacement 3.8L without forced induction is hard to break 300rwhp, where when you take a 5.0, buy a 2200 dollar kit, and youre garenteed that. A similar kit from SuperSix is 2350 dollars, and adds "up to" 100 horsepower. So going from 190 to 290 at the flywheel for over 2 thousand...its just painful.
Old 05-14-2006, 12:01 PM   #67
Legacy Member
Legacy

Exactly, that's also another major factor

Old 05-14-2006, 12:49 PM   #68
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

There in lies the problem. No real aftermarket options for heads and intakes. So the few V6 porters and grinders have a captured market.There is no Edelbrock, Holley, Trick Flow or Ford Racing making aftermarket parts for us to bring down the prices with competition or high volume. Most of the stuff is done for our cars manually and that takes time and time is money.

I will beg to differ on our V6's not being built well. I think they are very well built. I also think with the V6 or V8 Mustang of a given year is on par with a V6 or V8 of other cars of the same year for the price.

As for the other real wall to prevent HP numbers above 300 on the V6 is the heads. there are no wild heads just ported and polished stock heads, It is a little late for the 3.8 now the 4.0 is out but it would have been nice if one of the major manufacturers had made some wild heads for 3.8's. But all in all you measure hp per cylinder at 50 per cylinder you get 300 for a V6 and 400 for a V8.Actually how many NA 400 HP V8 mustangs roam the streets, actually very few, at the track yes but that is only 1-2% of the mustangs owned in the US.

Be happy you have a stang. Your parents might have bought you a yugo for your first car!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 11:37 PM   #69
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well built but under powered..

I couldn't sit in a Yugo, civic, or whatever I am too tall for those cars. The Mustang just sat me perfectly. I just wish Ford would make better performing engines.

Old 05-15-2006, 10:41 PM   #70
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

u shud ask them.. how come u driving a football looking car? or is that your gramma's grocery shopping cart? its missing the handle you know? haha then flip them off and chirp on dem

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar