Wire tapping... - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-12-2006, 12:57 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Wire tapping...

Firstly let me say, this is not intended to cause a fight!!!

I would merely like to know what everyone's opinion is of the government's so called phone tapping.

From what I have read, they do not listen in or record your phone conversations, but rather just keep record of what numbers you have dialed.

My personal opinion is: I would not want them listening to my conversations. However, I don't care that they record who I have called. I have nothing to hide and the only people that should be concerend are the ones that do. In addition it is easy enough for people to find out who you have called with call records on cell phones, phone bills recording who you have called. If the phone bill has the record, the company itself does. Do I care that the President of Cingualr knows who I've called...no. And the phone companies are the ones that have agreed to give out the info.

Again, no fighting, but I am very opinionated when it comes to politics, and I know a few of us others are too, cough *Brent* cough.

discuss

Old 05-12-2006, 07:39 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: Wire tapping...

Here in a nutshell is the facts on wire tapping. With all the cell phones used and people dont think about that anyone can listen in on any converstaion they want to. There is no need for wire tapping cell phones. Anyone can buy the equipment to listen in on cell phones.

As far as wire tapping hard line phones it is easy to tap them to. But people seem to think they are not being recorded. Every single thing you say on a phone is recorded into memory banks to be retrieved by a court order. The thing is if they want you bad enough the FBI or NSA can direct tap your phones and bypass the phone company or warrants. They have always been able to do it.

We have to remember we have to be able to act fast to get bad guys and they dont follow rules so I am not at all worried about the Fed's doing whatever it takes to get the bad guys.

What is funny is the Government is being up front with the constant phone monitoring of overseas phone calls and it has got people all worked up. But it is very naive not to believe it has always been going on in the deep recesses of the Pentagon, CIA, NSA or the FBI.
Old 05-12-2006, 08:54 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

I have to say you worded it better than I did and that is essentially exactly my thoughts.

Old 05-12-2006, 09:42 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I don't mind it, as long as it is used in a lawful and respectful manner. In other words, if someone is a suspect for any type of crime, let them have at it. I personally don't break any laws (at least not any that I have to worry about Feds watching me for), so I have nothing to worry about. Now for these agents that have the capability to do these things, there should be a very stiff penalty to listening in to someone's calls just for personal reasons.

People are very naive sometimes and they think that the government is gonna monitor each and every one of our calls just to keep an eye on us. The Feds couldn't care less about the conversations we have unless it is some part of a criminal investigation.

If it means they can stop terrorist activites, or even other types of crime, I support it 100%.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 10:00 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

I agree with bbunt302

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:18 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

I thought they only did the taps on out going calls to Iraq, Iran, etc..But like bbunt302 said, if it will stop terroist activities or crimes, then keep up the good work.
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:22 PM   #7
Regular

Region: Tennessee

omg liberals would cry at this thread

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:26 PM   #8
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

I don't care if they listen to my phone calls. I have nothing to hide...so listen away. My opinion is...if you care that they may be listening....what are you trying to hide?
Old 05-12-2006, 06:31 PM   #9
Regular

Region: Tennessee

omg cry liberals cry

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:08 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: California

I agree the methods they are currently using do impose a bit on my right to privacy, but there are a few things that the government should get away with in a time of war and this is one of them.
STEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2006, 11:41 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEVE
I agree the methods they are currently using do impose a bit on my right to privacy, but there are a few things that the government should get away with in a time of war and this is one of them.
STEVE they dont want to listen to you on the phone!!!! Unless it is some illegal beaner relatives of your you are talking to. BY GOD
Old 05-13-2006, 10:52 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Glad to see we are all in agreement on this. It just means you don't have to suffer the unfortunate circumstance of being wrong.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar