college essay - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 09-23-2003, 06:07 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to mexor
college essay

i have to do this sometime soon. this is gonna be hard. anyone have any suggestions? don't really want ot have it to do with mustangs either
mexor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2003, 06:11 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

do you have any interests? how long does it have to be?

is it one that is just "write a x # of pages" and they give you no clear assignment topic?

look into someting taht amuses you other than mustangs. if youre into conspiricies, look into writing about one of those (JFK, UFOs, crop circles, Stonehenge, Atlantis, etc)
Old 09-23-2003, 06:12 PM   #3

Region: Alabama
essay for entering college or for a class ?

1998 V6 Auto
MAC CAI, GT Takeoffs, MAC Flowpaths, Clear Corners, Underdrive Pulley, 4.10's w/ traction lock, Steeda tranny cooler
Currently saving for the 2005 GT mod
98Blue232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2003, 06:17 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Rellik Send a message via Yahoo to Rellik
I never had to do a college essay? :. I just took my SAT's and I was done with it. You going to Harvord or something you damn brainiac?!?!
Rellik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:20 PM   #5
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Choose something thats really debatable. You can choose a side of the debate and explain why you feel that way, and give supportive facts that make you tend to agree with the topic that youre writing about. Debate essays are the easiest, because im sure theres an issue out there that you take a certain side to. Some examples might be:

most obvious - abortion
war
child labor
animal rights
some ethical issue

theres just a few. Make sure its good... college grades tough

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2003, 06:25 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
college grades tough

its a weed out system. teachers know if you give it your best. and if they do, then they'll reward you for it.

75+% of all classes you take are required to graduate. 99% of teachers know this (1% are new professors who are just ignorant). they know you dont want to be in that class, so they could care less if you pass or not. give them an incintive to pass you. show up to class everyday, take notes, GO SEE THEM IF YOU HAVE PROBLEMS!!!. if they know your name out of 100 people in a class and you have an 89, you bet your *** they will bump you, where John Doe with an 89 will get a B+.

it just takes a different intillect and willingness to be a college student.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:32 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

its an essay to get INTO college.
im just doing it so i can go to a southern cali school, so i can find rellik and slap him around a little bit
Old 09-23-2003, 06:36 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64
schools a huge game, just gotta know how to play it (i.e. sucking up, acting liek you pay attention)
Old 09-23-2003, 06:38 PM   #9

I wouldn't freak out about it, the essay is like the last thing they look from my experience. I did my essay the night b4 it had to be postmarked after coming home from a party and it sucked but I ended up getting a full scholarship because all they care about is GPA and SAT's

1998 V6 Auto
MAC CAI, GT Takeoffs, MAC Flowpaths, Clear Corners, Underdrive Pulley, 4.10's w/ traction lock, Steeda tranny cooler
Old 09-23-2003, 08:56 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

blue232 what'd u get?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:19 PM   #11

on my SAT's ? a 1480, prolly could have done better if I took it again but I knew a 1480 would get me where I wanted

1998 V6 Auto
Old 09-23-2003, 09:30 PM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

if your SAT and GPA are mediocre or even substandard, the essay can make or break you.

write a good essay, get someone to edit it and proof it for you, then check it again yourself.
Old 09-30-2003, 10:54 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

what does it have to be on. Just write from the heart.
Old 10-01-2003, 06:52 AM   #14
Ken
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Hampshire
Do it on your plans for your life.

Figure out where you want to be next year, 5 years down the road, 10years down the road..

First paragraph is an intro type.. and indicate that the three main sections are the next year, the next 5 years, then the next 10 years..

Do do in in the form of 'I hope to' or 'I want to', but in the form of ' I'm going to'...

Make it big.. Plan it out...

So, something like..

With the turmoil that currently exists in the world today, it's fortunate that I have all the opprotunities available to me as an American. As a graduating Senior, I have the ability to go anywhere and do anything I want. While it may be considered typical to take a year off to 'find myself' this does not fit well into my strategy of success. Over the next year I am going to experience a transition from being a child in my parent's house to being an independant college student. My first year of college is going to be challenging (in regares to x, y, z). After college, I will again experience a transition from being a college student to entering the work force (as your profession.. doesn't matter if this is what you actually want to be, just something interesting that you can write about). This is going to be challengine (in regards to x,y,z). In 10 years, I will again experience a transition from being an entry level (see above) to being a fully proficient and qualified (see above) (in regards to x,y,z).

The transition from my parents home to college is going to be extremely stressful and challenging. (blah.. blah.. blah.. you have three talking points x,y,z.. then sum this section up...) Clearly the challenges I face over the next year will be stressful, but the understanding and clear identification of my goals will help me upon graduation.

The transition from college to the workforce again will offer challenges (blah..blah..blah you have three talking points x,y,z.. then sum this section up...)
Although I expect this time to be one of the most difficult of my life, I know that this is only the beginning, as I look forward to becoming fully proficient in my field.

The transition from an entry level position to one of a qualified (field?) will be vague, but the challenges will come as I gain and earn more responsibility not only for the work I do, but as I scale the corporate ladder. (blah..blah..blah you have three talking points x,y,z.. then sum this section up...) Although my rise to success will be a life-long journey, I will draw upon the challenges I have faced over these next 10 years to build a stronger character which will enable me to achieve my goals.

Today as an American, I have more opprotunity available to me than anyone in history. In order to take advantage of these opprotunities, I will endure many transitions throughout my life. Going from a child at home to a college student, from a college student to the workforce and then as I scale the corporate ladder and achieve my goals. I know this is a challenging journey, but one I will succeed with. My first step begins with college at (name of university you are applying to.)

Just off the top of my head.. so with some polishing it could be good.
Old 10-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

gee, just have ken write your paper.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar