alright, suggestions - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-19-2006, 12:41 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner
alright, suggestions

ok, so, I've been without a car now for like 11 weeks. I've been driving my dad's truck.. and I'm VERY tired of driving it. Now, I have some options. I can buy a cheap car, and wait for my buddy to run across a 'cheap lightly damaged v-8' Mustang, buy it using the extra money.. and then sell the cheap car. Or, I can just buy a nicer vehicle, and forget the Mustang for now. I'll put it this way, if I buy a car over $4000... it must be a 2000 model year or newer. Otherwise, I have $9000 in cold hard cash, along with my old Mustang, which I'll either try to sell, or part out. Should have $2500 worth of crap in there. And, I have like $2000 in the bank. So, we'll just figure around $11,000... figuring I can cover tax, title, and license. I would kinda like to give my buddy the chance to get a nice Mustang for me... afterall, this site is where he got his Roush, and he got a great deal on it. So, I'd be tempted to buy the cheap car. But, I don't wanna buy a car that is cheap looking either. And it would need to be dependable.

ok people, I need vehicle ideas.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2006, 01:27 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: alright, suggestions

ill sell you mine for 16k. its a one off mustang..........then i can go buy a cobra and get the "big head cobra owners" attitude(only some of them).

i would wait dude. if youre tired of driving a truck, how long would you tire of a car that you payed for that you dont even want.

are you looking for a mustang shell or something? **** that, if you cant find a mustang then youre not using the internet or something. **** you can find a 99-04 GT for under 12k now with decent miles.

btw where you getting 9k in cold hard cash from? man if i had 11k id get a 1g awd, slap a GT35r and support, and run 11's all for under 5k. it wouldnt be pretty, and it wouldnt be reliable, but f'in a man, with the other money, buy a nice DD (or even another 6er). thats just me though.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 01:43 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

I totalled my car. We got $9,000 and the car as a settlement. Well, my dad had $4700 left against the title, so we paid it off. Now, he said he'll take out a $5000 loan on my next vehicle. However, his credit union said it has to be 2000+ for him to be ABLE to take a loan out on it. So, I get the $4300 left from the $9000, and then the $5000 from his loan... and the ins company said I should be able to sell my car, or part it out to get $2500 or so. So, I suppose I have a total of just under $12,000, not counting the couple grand I have in my personal account that I'm saving for my apartment.

I wanted really badly to get a 1999 Cobra, but it must be 2000 or newer. The 2001 Cobra's are just slightly out of price range right now. I don't know what vehicle to get that's cheap, and that I would actually drive. When I said "I want a cheap vehicle..." I'm talking like under $3000.

If I can buy a cheaper car, then, I can wait until my buddy has one run across his site, and he can buy it, and then I can sell the cheap car, and save all that gas money.

Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2006, 01:56 AM   #4
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via Yahoo to Justin

i would say get a lil cheep s10 or something with good gas and wait till u run across a good deal...i wish i wouldnt have rushed into this mustang so fast...i really want a 5 speed but im stuck with my auto...i say get cheap lil truck save money and get what u really want...we will all keep a look out for something
Soon to come - UDPs, Off Road X-Pipe, A/T Cooler, and 03' Cobra Rims
Club - Tha Crew Leader of Muscle Car Division
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 02:10 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

lol, yeah, and while I'm saving crazy cash with the cheap car... the $$ funds available just gets higher. I really would love an 01 Cobra or an already modded GT... but who knows.

Old 05-19-2006, 02:13 AM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Justin Send a message via Yahoo to Justin

i say the cobra
Soon to come - UDPs, Off Road X-Pipe, A/T Cooler, and 03' Cobra Rims
Club - Tha Crew Leader of Muscle Car Division
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:34 AM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Bane-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EboniteStr1ker
i would say get a lil cheep s10 or something with good gas and wait till u run across a good deal...i wish i wouldnt have rushed into this mustang so fast...i really want a 5 speed but im stuck with my auto...i say get cheap lil truck save money and get what u really want...we will all keep a look out for something
your not stuck with anything...just swap it out like me and a ****load of other people do lol.
'89 Gt Hatchback H/C/I, 1.6 rockers, 75mm maf, 24lb, 70mm tb, cai, udp, full exhaust, msd ignition, 373s, Eibach Springs, Lakewood 50/50 rears, Adj Rear Control arms, A/C Delete, Smog Delete, EGR Delete,
Bane- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 08:57 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

save up and buy a 01 cobra if thats what you want you will NOT be happy other wise. I would NOT buy a wrecked car... sure you can get them for cheap but normally they are riddled with issues and you dont want a wrecked cobra... you want something in really good shape thats clean. I would just continue to drive my dads truck and save until you can get a really nice car and you wont have to settle for something you dont want or will like. Taking short cuts in the end is worse than doing it right in the first place. Some people just have to learn this the hard way.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:01 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah, I know... but, I'm starting a job here next week, and I need something to drive to get there.

Old 05-19-2006, 10:24 AM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

honda!

Car Domain
12Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:30 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12Pack
honda!
:barf: I hate Civics. I would ride a bike before driving a Civic.

Old 05-19-2006, 11:00 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

veeeeeeetak ftw!

Old 05-19-2006, 11:32 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

:suicide: (we must get this new emoticon)

Old 05-19-2006, 11:46 AM   #14
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Why dont you just get a GT?

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 04:57 PM   #15
Regular

Region: Tennessee

That would be to easy

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2006, 10:51 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
Why dont you just get a GT?
werd.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:54 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

Just keep saving. Get your self a nice Cobra with about 50k miles on it. You should be able to get one for about 15,000. They are bolt on beasts after all.
Old 05-19-2006, 10:58 PM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Michigan
Send a message via AIM to Falcon Send a message via MSN to Falcon Send a message via Yahoo to Falcon

ws6. need i say more?
<<<<<<sprints back to corner to hide>>>>>>
Full Stainless Magnaflow Exhaust, Stainless Longtubes/Off Road Y-Pipe, QTP E-Cutout, HP Tuners, Super Sucker Ram Air Kit, BMR Tunnel Brace/Driveshaft Safety Loop, Hotchkis Panhard Bar, Hypertech 160 Thermostat, CF Whisper Air Lid, Corvette FRCs, K&N, !AIR, !EGR
Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 12:01 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon
ws6. need i say more?
<<<<<<sprints back to corner to hide>>>>>>
good choice as well. bolt ons include mullet (10$) and naked lady mudflaps(15$ at pepboys, i looked already).

Old 05-20-2006, 10:00 AM   #20
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude
good choice as well. bolt ons include mullet (10$) and naked lady mudflaps(15$ at pepboys, i looked already).

nice..

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 10:04 AM   #21
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

Leave the Fbody guys alone, they cant help it.

you are driving your dads truck now, can you not keep driving it. You dont have to own a car yourself, its not a must unless you simply have NOTHING to drive. I would sweat it do what I had to do save up and get what I want regardless of what it is else you wont be happy (with in reason)
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2006, 11:38 AM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

thanks guys... I do believe I'm just going to find a nice GT that I love looking at. The mod bug has currently stopped hitting me. I know it'll come back eventually, but right now, who knows. Maybe after this new car gets paid off, and I find a nice Cobra, maybe then I'll buy one... but I'm really tired of not having a vehicle. and yes, most of the time, I can drive my dad's truck... however, 8 mpg is killing my car fund. Also, I WILL have to have my own car this upcoming week, as I start a job in Iowa City... and I can either drive up there every day, or get an apartment up there, in which case, I would still have to drive across town to get to work. I think I found a really nice 2002 GT, it's blue, and I love looking at it. All I need is a spoiler and I'm happy.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar