need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer) - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 05-20-2006, 04:41 PM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer)

I need an AC to DC power transformer and I can not find one that I need. Maybe one of you guys that are into electrical stuff (any EE's on board?) will know where to look. I need an AC to DC converter with an output of 14.6VDC 2.4A.

It looks similar to this:
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-20-2006, 04:59 PM   #2
RGR
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Re: need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
I need an AC to DC power transformer and I can not find one that I need. Maybe one of you guys that are into electrical stuff (any EE's on board?) will know where to look. I need an AC to DC converter with an output of 14.6VDC 2.4A.

It looks similar to this:



Well, maybe you are having a difficulty finding it because what you have there
in the pic is a small transformer, but you need a transformer/rectifier. The transformer
steps the voltage down to the required range and the rectifier changes it from AC to DC.

I'd get the size requirements and contact an electrical supply place and
tell them you need an AC to DC power supply of approxiamtely 15V and 3 amps.
Your DC device will likely operate in a "range" of voltages within + or - 1.5V
and the current (amps) will adjust according. I'll PM you my phone # if you
need more help Fast... BTW, I am a union Electrician with 20+ years of
experience, and my apprenticeship is basically 50 to 75% of an EE degree
as far as the electrical training goes. They tell me I can transfer the credits
but I never did, most EE's make less than a Journeyman (if he stays working) 2:
__________________
Originally Posted by Flex:
You are the true cam master dude...
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 12:28 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR
Well, maybe you are having a difficulty finding it because what you have there
in the pic is a small transformer, but you need a transformer/rectifier. The transformer
steps the voltage down to the required range and the rectifier changes it from AC to DC.

I'd get the size requirements and contact an electrical supply place and
tell them you need an AC to DC power supply of approxiamtely 15V and 3 amps.
Your DC device will likely operate in a "range" of voltages within + or - 1.5V
and the current (amps) will adjust according. I'll PM you my phone # if you
need more help Fast... BTW, I am a union Electrician with 20+ years of
experience, and my apprenticeship is basically 50 to 75% of an EE degree
as far as the electrical training goes. They tell me I can transfer the credits
but I never did, most EE's make less than a Journeyman (if he stays working) 2:
u went union? good job Fast, if RGR cant help ya ill ask my uncle, he is a master Electrician and owner of Ellison Electric inc. out of Greenfield, indiana >
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-21-2006, 08:55 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
fast64's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Georgia
Posts: 3,263
Send a message via AIM to fast64
Re: need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer)

I talked to RGR last night, he gave me some tips and advice, I will try to source one next week.
__________________
-Jimmy I drive a station wagon.
GO BRAVES
fast64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:46 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Fishers Stang's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,507
Send a message via AIM to Fishers Stang
Re: need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer)

cool good luck man, RGR is good for more then PP work hahah
__________________
Charles
2006 F150 4x4 with the 5.4L V8
Fishers Stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 04:58 PM   #6
RGR
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Indiana
Posts: 1,065
Send a message via AIM to RGR
Re: need some help from the electrically inclined (need to find a power transformer)



Any Luck Fast???
__________________
Originally Posted by Flex:
You are the true cam master dude...
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Transformer 3 - Minus Megan Fox? PureVenom The Bar 16 06-01-2010 03:45 PM
I'm going to be a transformer PureVenom Pictures and Videos 9 10-23-2007 07:37 PM
Mysterious Transformer Trailer Brent The Bar 16 07-08-2007 08:46 PM
neon transformer help Murph00 Mustang Audio & Video 5 07-06-2005 07:58 PM
here's a problem for you mechanically inclined guys jimmy_beaner 1996-2004 Mustang GT 16 09-12-2004 01:31 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



06:53 PM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.