Ford Motor Company - Stop Digging Your Grave - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-03-2006, 02:38 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Ford Motor Company - Stop Digging Your Grave

Ford Motor Company does not just want to go after companies that sell Mustang parts and use their Mustang trademarked name in their Company name, they want to go after us. They want to go after all the websites, companies and magazines that use the name Mustang or Ford in their company name. Yes you heard it right EVERYONE. That means some of your favorite Mustang websites, Mustang parts dealers, and Mustang magazines are being attacked by the very company they promote.

Let's take a look at the possible companies that are going to be affected by Ford:

Mustangevolution.com
Mustangforums.com
Mustang-Forums.com
Mustang.com
Mustangtuning.com
Allfordmustangs.com
Muscle-Mustangs.com
Vintage-Mustang.com
Mustangworld.com
Mustangfaqs.com
Mustangheaven.com
Fordpower.net
3.8mustang.com
Mustangseats.com
Mustang.org
Mustangworks.com
Cal-Mustang.com
Mustangmonthly.com
Mustangenthusiast.com
Moddedmustangs.com

I am sure there are more, but those just pop into my head.

Here is points from an article by Mustangmonthly.com which is also on Ford's future target list:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang Monthly
About 10 years ago, Ford started making noise about the use of the Mustang name. As a result, some companies modified their name to include a descriptive word, such as Classic. When asked if those companies would still be targeted, our source at Ford said, "At the time, that was deemed acceptable. Ford has changed its mind."
Changed your mind? How convienent. I might just change my mind about my next car purchase too.

Quote:
The letter also demands that the companies turn over for destruction all signs, banners, business cards, stationary, and so on, that use Mustang in the company name, along with a cashier's check for $5,000 in damages. One company was given less than two weeks to comply, and another has discontinued its advertising, a potentially devastating move for a mail-order company, until the situation is resolved.
2 weeks! They are hurting these businesses people.

Quote:
Upon further research, it appears the matter will only be resolved when everyone--parts companies, Web sites, even magazines--stops using the Mustang name, primarily because Ford fears the usage might be construed as an affiliation with Ford. A source at Ford, who asked to remain anonymous, explained that Ford has decided to "reclaim its legacy" by protecting its trademarks and logos. "The intent is to eliminate the use of trademark names," including Mustang and Thunderbird, among others. Apparently, Ford went after companies using Ford in their name first; now it's time to clean up Mustang.
Claim back their legacy by pissing off their loyal customers?

Quote:
So now companies are faced with making a name change, and it won't be as easy as replacing Mustang with Pony or Stang. According to Ryther, Ford is protecting those trademarks too. His suggestion is for companies to change their names to something generic like "Classic Car Parts," then add a tagline about specializing in Mustangs. Sounds confusing to me.
Here is the kicker! Pony and Stang are also registered Trademarks of Ford

Ford wants to make EVERY COMPANY listed above remove the name Mustang from it. You have no idea how disgusted I am with Ford. Their company is in the worst financial shape in years so they decide to start pissing off even more of their customers, the very people that create what the Ford Mustang is, by suing the Enthusiast sites and the companies that sell to the Enthusiasts.

I apologize Ford, that I do not wish to purchase my OEM parts from you and be raped by your outragous prices. Competition is a pain isn't it? It must suck when some small company can make a better product to replace your crappy OEM one and do it for less than it costs to purchase the crappy OEM one.

You may have every right to do this legally, just like we have every right to decide to skip the Ford dealer lot next time we go car shopping. I hope you reconsider your decision to go after the little man here. The little man might just be bigger than you thought when it is all said and done.

So I urge you Ford Motor Company, please do not continue with these poorly misguided lawsuits. Doing so will only hurt your image in the eyes of the ones that have supported you for so long.

Brent Wilson
Owner, Mustangevolution.com

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 02:40 PM   #2
Regular

Re: Ford Motor Company - Stop Digging Your Grave

I'd like for everyone to respond to this thread that agrees with what I have written and I would like everyone to link to this thread from other websites that you post at. This is not a game Ford is playing with us. They can take everything I worked my *** off for the last 3 years away from me and not give a rats *** about it. Please help me make Ford realize that they have gone to far here.

You may also contact Ford here: https://secure.ford.com/en/support/emailUs.htm

I urge you to do this as well.

Digg this page!

The best way you can help with this is to link to this thread and email ford. Here is the link to this thread:

For other websites:
Code:
<a href="http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/ford-motor-company-stop-digging-your-21532.html">Ford Motor Company Trademark Lawsuits</a>
For other forums:
Code:
[url=http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/ford-motor-company-stop-digging-your-21532.html]Ford Motor Company Trademark Lawsuits[/url]
If enough people use the link above with Ford Motor Company as the anchor text, search engines will begin ranking this thread higher and higher for the term Ford Motor Company in Google, Yahoo and MSN. Meaning more people see this thread.

So if you have a Car Domain Page, Personal Website, MySpace page, or post on another forum, you can post this link on them. Every link counts.

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to meteorachick

i agree--they are taking something that the public loves, and they are taking it away from them...all they are going to do in the end is hurt their sales even more than they were hurting to begin with. i can't believe that they would want to hurt the people that make ford what it is

if they go around doing this, i will never buy another ford.

Modified 2004 V6
meteorachick is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-03-2006, 02:46 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to fast64

morons
Old 06-03-2006, 02:47 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I agree wholeheartedly. Really... what are they thinking? In a time where Ford has very few supporters, they do something like this to hurt the few of us out there who still are? Why can Ford not see that sites such as these are one of the few things remaining out there that actually help their image?

It almost makes me embarassed to be a Mustang enthusiast (although I guess I shouldn't use the "M word" anymore because I might get sued).

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:49 PM   #6
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Trist Send a message via Yahoo to Trist

Yea well you know I agree, even though I have still yet to get my car, maybe I will boycott them YEA THAT WILL SHOW U GREEDY MONKIES!!!

Actually, you know, Brent, all the sites are good, but that one that ban me, well that one can go away, I wont miss it any, but but, if ME goes, I WILL CRY and my child will freak out inside my belly right now and cause MAJOR CHAOS....it might even come out like the kiddo from Omen and be sucked upon Ford :X

So behave, and let our site remain the same!!!

*Do not aggitate the pregnant ladie*
Old 06-03-2006, 02:55 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

I've sent an email using that form as well. I should have asked about it at the ford racing performance parts booth at wfc

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:57 PM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

As an avid Mustang enthusiast who spends the majority of my income and time modifying my Mustang, I was appalled to hear that Ford Motor Company was going to start attacking the very businesses and websites that are the backbone of the Mustang modifying and information communities. I understand the idea of keeping a trademark/copywrite that has been paid for, but when a product becomes as popular as the Mustang is since it's debut on April 17, 1964. If Ford Motor Company plans to attack these businesses and sites, I feel it would lead to a very unneeded disinterest in one of the most profitable overall vehicles for Ford Motor Company. As a member of numerous Mustang enthusiast and interest sites, the loss of these sites stemming from involvement by Ford Motor Company would lead me to believe Ford Motor Company does not want my business or my interest in any of their products. I must say, I love my car, but if this is how Ford Motor Company plans to treat it's customers and fan base, then I will not hesitate from overlooking Ford Motor Company in any of my future vehicle decisions. Along with this, I will be sure that anyone I come in contact with will know of the actions Ford Motor Company has taken against enthusiasts and fans. If this is a new strategy by Ford Motor Company to revive itself from the financial slump it is currently in, then I must say, as a small business owner, your financial department needs a major overhaul. Actions such as this are what leads the American people to choose a foreign made automobile over a domestic made automobile. Overall, I must say I am greatly dissapointed with Ford Motor Company and this recent decision to inhibit enthusiasts from displaying their interests with the Mustang and sharing this interest with new-comers to the Mustang community. I hope you will reconsider these actions, and be thankful you still have such a loyal customer base. I'd hate to see Ford Motor Company suffer because of one bad choice, but I will not hesitate buying my next vehicle elsewhere next year. Thank you for your time, and I hope you will read and understand where I'm coming from. I guess the only question left is do you like having a loyal customer base? If so, this is the worst possible way to keep it.

^my comments sent to Ford Motor Company
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #9
Regular

Digg this page: Ford Motor Company: Stop Digging Your Grave

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 02:58 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I just emailed them, I pretty much told them they were marketing fools and asked if a 2000 ranger and 64 mustang would be enough for a down payment on a new challenger.
Old 06-03-2006, 02:59 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to whipster24 Send a message via Yahoo to whipster24

so I just wrote another letter to them:

There is much talk around the internet of Ford going after companies who use the term "mustang" in their name. Ford is treading on thin ice with this one. If they want to alienate a large number of their loyal customers, this is the way to do it. I know that if I see this action come to fruition, I guarantee I will never buy another Ford product of any sort. Right now I own an 01 mustang and 00 f150 and plan to purchase an f250 in a few years but that will surely change if ford does not treat their loyal customers better then this.

I know there are a LOT of other mustang enthusiests who feel the same way that I do and Ford would be wise not to bite the hand that feeds them

"This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!"
-Adolf Hitler, 1935
whipster24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:00 PM   #12
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast64
I just emailed them, I pretty much told them they were marketing fools and asked if a 2000 ranger and 64 mustang would be enough for a down payment on a new challenger.
lmao

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 03:12 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Here's what I wrote them:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Me
I am writing you concerning recent threats by Ford Motor Company against companies who use the trademarked "Mustang" name in the names of their companies, web sites, and magazines. I personally feel that these threats are severly misguided. To attack these companies is to attack the very enthusiasts who bleed Ford blue. The simple fact is that Ford Motor Company has very few die-hard supporters left. Things of this nature will only further lessen these numbers. Of all the people in this world to threaten, Ford Motor Company goes for the very ones who support their product the most? I do not understand this logic.

I have just within the past month purchased a brand new 2006 Mustang GT and also am the owner of a 1990 Mustang LX. My grandfather retired from Ford Motor Company and my father worked there for nearly fifteen years. My family has long supported your company. However, I can guarantee you that if this is the direction your company chooses to take, I will never purchase another Ford vehicle and will encourage everyone I know to follow suit.

Things like this make me embarassed to be a Mustang enthusiast. Hopefully I won't get sued for saying the "M word"...

Thank you for your time.

Scary stuff.
Old 06-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

id say if they do do this, everyone with a mustang should torch their dealership at the same date. so every ford dealership in america goes in flames at the same time. do you have any idea the repercussions of this maneuver?

oh well, looks like ill be selling the stang after all, buy a vette or something from a company that actually tries to treat their customers with some pride.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 03:29 PM   #15
Regular

I updated the first post with more info

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 03:31 PM   #16
Regular

and I have just emailed this thread to Ford Motor Company

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 04:38 PM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to Aidan_04

This really makes me sad... I've loved mustangs my entire life, and it kills me to see what they're doing here. I doubt seriously if they employ this that it helps them in any way. I would hate to have to turn to another motor company for my future vehicles.

:'(

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGR View Post
^^^my fave V8 chick ^^^
Aidan_04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:03 PM   #18
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

I've spent a big part of my life in the past x number of years promoting and
improving their V6 engine line and actually made them some money by pointing
out what parts are good for hi-po use. I think they actually owe US
as Mustang enthusiasts, and something like this can really backfire.

Without my efforts and thousands upon thousands of other V6'ers Ford would
be that much closer to going under entirely. PERIOD.
RGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:16 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

emailed them again w/ a different address and name

Quote:
I just wanted to let all of you at Ford know that I will personally buy a shovel for every idiot at Ford that thinks disallowing the use of the word "Mustang" by enthusiast publications, fan websites, and aftermarket parts companies is a good idea. Why do they need a shovel you may ask? Because they will need to dig themselves out of the **** they will be getting burried in while also digging the grave for Ford Motor Company. This may call for lots of shovels, but thats okay, because I have 3 Ford vehicles I can sell to finance them all. Good luck and I hope the blisters don't sting too bad.
Old 06-03-2006, 05:34 PM   #20
Regular

Nice

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 05:38 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

I agree 100% with what you wrote !!!!
Old 06-03-2006, 06:38 PM   #22
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

I dont know about you guys, but whenever I refer to the word mustang, Im talking about my 1.5 ton beast out in my stable. :dunno: I love riding my horse.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 06:43 PM   #23
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang
I dont know about you guys, but whenever I refer to the word mustang, Im talking about my 1.5 ton beast out in my stable. :dunno: I love riding my horse.
That's funny cause I think of the P-51 Mustang

I am real fond of those:

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 08:11 PM   #24
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

+12342345623456 for this thread
Old 06-03-2006, 08:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Connecticut

WHY would they do this to sites that ARE PROMOTING the ford name? IMO ford is dumb, now how would any of us know how to find mustang parts/other sites?

bad game ford.

Car Domain
12Pack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 09:48 PM   #26
Registered Member
Regular

Random news feed to get people thinking about Ford?

So anyways Brent, I decided (watch me have Ford knocking at my door tmr), that I can name the baby here in my womb, FORD or Mustang, Ford would probaly go over better with Dave but anyways, they I can use my company to register (we do domains now hehe) another site, and POOF **** all that bs about using their name, if its on my childs birth certificate, I can do anything I want with it. *big grin*
Old 06-03-2006, 09:54 PM   #27
Regular

I have a cousin named Ford. Totally forgot about that.

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 09:56 PM   #28
Registered Member
Regular

Cuz Dave is really not such a big Ford fan hehe
Lemme know and you can be first customer
Old 06-03-2006, 10:21 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MonteCitan

my note:

I have owned 5 fords/ Mustangs over the past 5 years. My first car was a Mustang, and along with a daily driver here or there- As I valued my true cars so much that I did not want to risk them to the daily grind -(one was finally taken when someone ran a stop sign and T boned me.. I loved that car.)

However - I have loved Ford and Mustangs from the start - DUE TO fan and consumer websites, I have read mustang forums religiously over the past 8 or 9 years, I have read every magazine issue that has come out, I have browsed nearly every available aftermarket part for mustangs, every technical article - from looks to performance - and I have joined a handful of mustang clubs -

But lately I have read, heard and have seen that Ford is taking action against the very people that got me interested in Mustangs and Fords as a whole, I even became a Ford technician through Ford's ASSET program - due to the fact that I loved the Fords that I own - and HAVE owned in the past - I have a passion for these cars.

Is it true that Ford is taking legal action against any fan website, aftermarket company or Mustang publication that uses the name of the vehicle?

If it is - I will gladly take my skill as an auto mechanic, and my business elsewhere's, I've been saving up money for a new Mustang GT, but if this pans out and Ford takes action against the internet forums and fan websites, I will have to move on to a company who doesn't mind free advertisement.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:25 PM   #30
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to powerhungry966

buying their oem products = Found On Road Dead..all i have to say is...why... what thehell r they thinking..im going to email those hoebags

1989 coupe 5.0 yeessur.
"Shake n bake"
powerhungry966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:32 PM   #31
Registered Member
Regular

Remind me, and if all this **** blows like they want it too, I will register
www.iamnotafordmustanglovernomo.org

That really sucks *** though, cuz SERIOUSLY, I have learned more from websites that people have put up outta LOVE like B did here, than anywhere else, including random car mag's that I have PAID to get.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:37 PM   #32
Legacy Member
Legacy

MonteCitan's post compelled me to also add this.

I've never driven anything but a Ford. My first car was a 1988 Ford Escort Pony. From there I moved on to a 1992 Mustang LX (With the almighty 105 hp DIS 2.3L). It was the very sites that Ford is attacking that truely got me interested in the Mustang name. Back in the day, it was all about Stangnet (of course, my allegiances have since changed ). However, without that site, I would never have been introduced to the greatness that is the 5.0L Mustangs. I also probably would never have purchased the '06 GT. I would most likely be driving a Honda now, just like everyone else.

Ford, plain and simple, you are making a big mistake. I hope someone from the company actually reads this thread. If not, I hope they at least read the massive influx of e-mails that I am sure they are getting.

You see, we are the people that have been buying your parts for the past five years when everyone else had moved onto imports. We are the people who have been proudly showing your blue oval on our vehicles. Hell, we are even the people who go out and buy Ford Racing hats and shirts to show our pride. And this is your response?

I personally feel like this is a slap in the face to all of us who have stood by the Ford name through the years, despite the company's many mistakes. Ok, many, many, many mistakes. I believe your only way to save grace now is to not only drop these ridiculous threats of lawsuits, but to give a public apology to the many enthusiasts who have proudly supported your products over the years.

You should be thanking us, but instead you insult us... How absurd is that?

Scary stuff.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:53 PM   #33
Registered Member
Regular

Blunt, there is a better way of putting that, but for the sake that a underager might find this site, I will halt and repharse:

Its like getting #@%$ed in the #@% without a reach around.

Also, on a nice note, you might want to add in all the tang owners and luva's that have dealt with haters, and we end up in fist fights over our love of the car, long debates over what car is better, etc.
Old 06-03-2006, 10:54 PM   #34
Regular

The best way you can help with this is to link to this thread and email ford. Here is the link to this thread:

For other websites:
Code:
<a href="http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/ford-motor-company-stop-digging-your-21532.html">Ford Motor Company</a>
For other forums:
Code:
[url=http://www.mustangevolution.com/forum/ford-motor-company-stop-digging-your-21532.html]Ford Motor Company[/url]
If enough people use the link above with Ford Motor Company as the anchor text, search engines will begin ranking this thread higher and higher for the term Ford Motor Company in Google, Yahoo and MSN. Meaning more people see this thread.

So if you have a Car Domain Page, Personal Website, MySpace page, or post on another forum, you can post this link on them. Every link counts.

Reddit
Old 06-03-2006, 10:56 PM   #35
Registered Member
Regular

For now
Will finish later when comp and going strong.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar