I saw the Fast and Furious 3 movie tonight - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-16-2006, 04:33 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
I saw the Fast and Furious 3 movie tonight

I have to admit, it's better than part 1 and part 2. You guys will enjoy it. TRUST ME.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2006, 07:43 AM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: I saw the Fast and Furious 3 movie tonight

Dude you dont know on how many levels what you did is wrong. drifting blows, the name Tokyo drift blows, the kids that will be in the theater blow, the cars in the parking lot blow. Even if the movie is decent I am not supporting them with the money to make F&F 4,5,6. I wont even watch it when it comes out on cable.

I think you are a deep down repressed, in the closet ricer !!!!! :whistle: :no: :arg: :buckteeth :buckteeth

I printed up about 200 ricecop tickets and I am going to have fun one night BY GOD!!!!! I would even put one on your car for being there. I wont even take my car. I will drive my wife's 626
Old 06-16-2006, 08:35 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

lol most younger kids are sucked into the sad sad world of ricer its a sad fact of life.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2006, 09:17 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

the F&F craze is what caused my buddy to put a "X-Racing" decal on his '99 Cavalier... with plans of a body kit. He's over the ricer phase... as I spent 3 years making fun of him for it.

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 09:28 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow

GOD! I actually watched the first one a few days ago. (I had only seen the second) Now I understand where so much of America's ricer "pop culture" got it's knowledge and drive from and it makes me sad. Talk of some Japanese 2.0 or 1.6 or whatever being "able to decimate anything with $15,000 in mods". I about tossed my cookies. You could also make a lawn mower decimate anything with $15k! :no: :no:

The whole idea of "ohs noes he has a Spooner!" just made me sick. I will NEVER watch another or be subjected to such a horrifying experience again.

:buckteeth:
Old 06-16-2006, 10:40 AM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida
Send a message via AIM to tedness

hey don't hate on us twisty lovers. me and a handful of others are ripping it up with the imports showing them what a car with torque can do out there.

clips from their website make it look better than the first 2 already.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:21 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

lol.... drifting is NOT a sport its a form of entertainment.... autox is very very different from that crap those clowns do.
Old 06-16-2006, 11:58 AM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia

You mean the Slow And the Curious ?

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:55 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Drifting is actually extremely hard to do. I watched a professional competition on tv the other day and I must say 99% of race drivers could never do what those guys were doing.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:00 PM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

Hey Hey Hey!! In my opinion, drifting takes skill. There is no way in hell I would try drifting only because that's just something I won't do. I like driving in a straight line, with a lot of power and speed.

Watch the ****ing movie, don't cry about ricers and crap. They are in Tokyo, that's where every ricer comes from in the first place. You won't find modified economy cars in the movie either. There's a lot of funny scenes in there too, everyone enjoyed it.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 06-16-2006, 01:06 PM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

I'm not a ricer lover, I only love cars that perform awsome. Supras and Evos are on that list, and if you don't like em because they come from Japan and aren't American, I think something is wrong with all of you

Old 06-16-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

Yes I was there watching the movie as well, they do explain where and why drifting was created. Seems like people living up in the hills of Japan wanted a faster way of going up and down, so they came up with drifting to be the solution. The movie is actually pretty damn good, no bs ricer crap like in the 1st and 2nd.
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 01:33 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

drifting is like anything else it just takes practice, the same could be said about taking the drifters and putting them in a real race. It may be fun to watch and hard to do but its not a real sport. Just like my online gamming... it may be fun/hard/enjoyable but its not a real sport.
Old 06-16-2006, 05:08 PM   #14
Road Trip!

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to Tbird232ci

Has anyone here other than tedness tried to drift? Ive ended up in a ditch more than once, and it was the same ditch. Ive been trying for a few months now, and i cant get it down. Boost+sliding is not easy.

Also...most of the drifters started off road racing.
Tbird232ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 05:30 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

I've "drifted" before. It just wasn't on purpose, and I ended up with a totalled 1991 Bright Red Mustang GT Convertible.

Yay for drifting on the streets!

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:59 PM   #16
Registered Member
Regular

Region: New Hampshire
Send a message via AIM to Smokedya95stang

Drifting does suck in mustangs...
Old 06-17-2006, 02:41 AM   #17
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

no you guys just suck at driving them.

anyways. i will have to agree with seph on this one. Tokyo Drift, Sadly, was alot better than i thought it would be. #1 is still my favorite, but this one had me on the edge of the seat, some of the action sequences were actually very well done, only a few times was it apparent it was CGI, unlike #2 where it was like watching a cartoon. i think the first is my favorite (Viper Vs chevelle or whatever he had).

the only thing i would change was the RB26DET into the stang. the final sequence would have been so ****ing badass if that fastback sounded much like Eleanor ripping through the mountains. i was kinda confused at what i was seeing, this badass fastback tearing it up, but sounded like a honda. though at least there was a reason why he had to do the swap in the first place.

there were also some pretty funny parts as well. after he tries to drift the first time and totals the car and barely makes it to the finish was pretty funny IMO. seeing as hes this big domestic car guy who thinks its a kiddie sport and easy, and gets ripped a new one.

though just like the first two, dont go into it looking for a holy grail of automotive modification. its an action movie, nothing more, nothing less. going into it for the purposes of gaining knowledge would be like going to see the Da Vinci Code and looking for Scientology clues.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 02:54 AM   #18
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to sonic04edge

^^I agree it was a hell of a lot better then the second one. That one just blew. I think it helped though that they had a whole new cast. I also found it quite funny that the guys screen name was bama_boy being that he is actually from north alabama.
1998 Ford Ranger-The DD
sonic04edge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2006, 10:30 AM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

You notice there were no Hondas or Subarus in the movie? Nissan and Mitsubishi paid big bucks for that I bet

Old 06-17-2006, 04:07 PM   #20
Legacy Member
Legacy

nah i think the movie makers just know what cars are better. evo>sti any day of the week and twice on sundays, i mean hell, theres a reason theres no AMS STi. and honduh? well more than likely theyre all slow and fwd, aside from the S2K which is still slow but rwd, or the NSX which isnt really affiliated with that type of crowd.

Old 06-17-2006, 04:12 PM   #21
Legacy Member
Legacy

Right, but the NSX was in the movie, they just never used it. I wish I could have seen more of the Skyline being used, but oh well. Did ya like the ending? I mean, I can't ruin the ending because MARKETING did that already. You listen to the radio promos they do with the movie and you hear vin disel saying "I got all the time in the world" or whatever the hell he says. ****ing ruin the end, thanks **** loads ****** bags who do this stuff! I hear they even show him in the commercials on TV!

Old 06-17-2006, 05:12 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

yeah but you heard rumors like last year about him doing a cameo anyways. i dont think i caught the NSX, prolly cause every car was either so kitted out or had such flashy paint you couldnt tell what it used to be.

i liked the part in the beginning where the guy first went to the parking garage ricefest and saw the chick and her car, and she pulled up telling the 2 "t00nerz" with the laptop that something was messed up and her throttle response was crap, and he came up and said "you wouldnt have that problem if it was a V8". i got a nice laugh out of that. come to think of it, i think i was the only one in the theatre that laughed at that part.

sadly, i know exactly why her throttle response sucked, its cause she was using bigger injectors and not compensating for their dead time, which gives the car a laggy feel at anything but WOT. i had the same effect when trying to tune my 550's with a SAFC on the DSM, since theres no way to tune for dead times via piggyback, but once i got dsmlink(the laptop program thats basically uses a standalone chip on the ecu board to control all parameters of the ecu) i was able to plug in the 550's dead times and bang, i had my throttle response back. its a problem alot of performance cars have when switching to bigger fuel supplies and using inadequate software/hardware to manage it all. hell i wish i could figure out how to use the source code for dsmlink on a stangs ECU, it would put every chip, handheld and dyno shop to shame.

Old 06-18-2006, 02:46 AM   #23
Legacy Member
Legacy

I didn't know he was going to be in it, so when he came up I was like "Awsome, that's a cool way to end the movie."

Yeah when he said "You wouldn't have that problem if it was a V8" I got a chuckle, even tho I had no idea what the throttle response had to do with the motor and crap, I still chuckled. I also felt the same way, except it was me and my bro laughing about it and the rest of the theatre kinda quiet.

Man, with your knowledge if I ever get a turbo'd car I'm going to you for help lol

Old 06-18-2006, 01:03 PM   #24
RGR
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Indiana
Send a message via AIM to RGR

Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Monte
Yes I was there watching the movie as well, they do explain where and why drifting was created. Seems like people living up in the hills of Japan wanted a faster way of going up and down, so they came up with drifting to be the solution. The movie is actually pretty damn good, no bs ricer crap like in the 1st and 2nd.

Drifting is likely NOT a japanese thing, it's been done for years by dirt track racers...
It's likely almost as old as auto racing itself. It's just harder to do on pavement
Old 06-18-2006, 04:58 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to 04MonteSS

But it was the Japanese to make it popular.
Drifting (motorsport) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Michael Moore and I actually have a lot in common - we both appreciate living in a country where there's free expression, but Michael, if you ever show up at my front door with a camera - I'll kill you.
04MonteSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:19 PM   #26
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Well what else are the japs going to do? They had to come up with something to do when they got tired of anime

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2006, 05:26 PM   #27
Legacy Member
Legacy

Actually it is the tires companies that support and promote drifting and why not, promoting of drifting promotes tire sales with everyone drifting wearing out their tires all the time.... 2:
Old 06-18-2006, 06:08 PM   #28
Legacy Member
Legacy

Who else saw the movie? Come on guys, the main character is from Alabama, so Brent you should have seen it already

Old 06-18-2006, 06:14 PM   #29
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph
Who else saw the movie? Come on guys, the main character is from Alabama, so Brent you should have seen it already
WOO HOO The main character is from Alabama That is just great what next a SUMO WRESTLER FROM ALABAMA

If I go see that bullcrap movie I would have to kill all the audience so there would be no witnesses I was there
Old 06-18-2006, 10:29 PM   #30
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

Quote:
I saw it and liked it. Better than the first two. Some of those drifts were crazy. Especially when the guy in the 350Z went up that ramp in the parking garage. Rhys Millen couldn't even pull that off.

Quote:
You notice there were no Hondas or Subarus in the movie? Nissan and Mitsubishi paid big bucks for that I bet
FWD cars don't drift. They even unhooked the front axle on the Evo so they could drift it.
Old 06-18-2006, 11:20 PM   #31
Legacy Member
Legacy

Well yeah I know the Evo's were rear wheel drive, but I figured they might have thrown out there an S2k Honda, since that's rear wheel drive. The Subaru's are all wheel drive too though!

But I think it was just Nissan and Mitsu giving a large chunk of change to make sure their cars are the ones you see the most in the movie.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:02 AM   #32
Dom
Registered Member
Regular

Send a message via AIM to Dom

Atleast they were using more realistic cars now. 240s, 350Zs, and Evos.
Old 06-19-2006, 01:48 AM   #33
Legacy Member
Legacy

definitey. There were import cars, but nothing seriously riced out.

Old 06-19-2006, 01:50 AM   #34
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

ill probably get it when it comes "on demand" cable television

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 09:20 AM   #35
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

They have to drive over there they dont have enough room to do anything else.

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar