500 Chemical Weapons Found in Iraq Since 2003? - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-23-2006, 04:25 PM   #36
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: 500 Chemical Weapons Found in Iraq Since 2003?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
Some have degraded but not worthless but under the UN resolutions and conditions of surrender after Desert Storm Illegal to have and he said they were destroyed!!!

But I am not here to defend Bush. I think there were calculated mistakes leading us up to war. I would have rather him had said he is a sponsor of terrorism (Which he was) and a essential target on the war on terror and we will come after you when we are through with Afghanistan and put thoses additional 130,000 troops in Afghanistan and completely wiped the taliban and Al Queda off the map.
That would take back bone and it seems like our leaders don't want to do that or their bosses won't let them. This should have been done Patton style...from point A to point B cleaning house along the way. This should be done with every country that is sponsoring/harboring terrorist organizations. Saudi, Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc....
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 04:35 AM   #37
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Missouri
Send a message via AIM to 97Stallion Send a message via MSN to 97Stallion

Quote:
Actually you are wrong. Some of the chemical Artillery shells that were found were manufactured well after Desert Storm. See this is where the comedy of the press comes to play. After the Iraqi Army capitulated in 2003 several Generals of the Republican Guard Artillery divisions told US interrogators that Saddam had issued Chemical shells to the divisions to be used if the US forces invaded. When Saddam realized we were coming about a week before the invasion his son who controlled the RG had trucks come and retrieve the shells. Saddam had 12 years to play the shell game with inspectors and the US forces. To believe for one moment a year or so to find evidence, as the media and the liberals suggest, in a country the size of Texas is insane. Like I said on another thread After WWII we were uncovering material and programs 20 years after the Germans surrendered and that is a country the size of Alabama. You have to remember some of the UN 12 resolutions against Iraq was a failure to destroy WMD as it was also a condition of the cease fire during desert storm. So in effect there should be zero shells.

It is that simple
Being stationed in the middle-east myself QUITE a bit, their is SO much crap that happened everyday before 2003. For instance, I'm sure Corey knows what the RC-135S/U/V/W aircraft do, But anyways, everyday we would have to shoot down an active SAM site shooting at our planes. Or uncover some sort of electronic transmission. Or have one of Saddam's aircraft fly past the no-fly zone "borders" It is this plain and simple. Wasn't one of the sanctions to not fly in to the "NO-FLY ZONE" or to dismantle your arms??? The war was just and we went in for the right reasons.

60' ~ 2.1, 1/8 ~ 9.61 @ 73.4mph
Living one day at a time!

DAMN Those are some old *** numbers!!! I need updated ones!!
97Stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 04:39 AM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
That would take back bone and it seems like our leaders don't want to do that or their bosses won't let them. This should have been done Patton style...from point A to point B cleaning house along the way. This should be done with every country that is sponsoring/harboring terrorist organizations. Saudi, Syria, Iraq, Iran, etc....

The problem isn't so much with the leadership, it's with the people. People in the U.S. are so sensitive about everything. You can't spank your kids because it hurts them, or you can't pick on the new kid because he might get upset. No one really wants to go to war, it's a last resort. Especially the people that have to go fight the war. Once american's values change, then you'll see a better america, and better laws, but now it like everyone is in it for themselves and no one else. It's hard being a president, you have to try and please everyone, even if they hate you from the begining. Basicly when bush won in 2000, only 50% voted for him, so 50% hated him. So basicly he's almost never gonna top 50%.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2006, 07:58 AM   #39
Road Trip!

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to Cajun JungleBoy Send a message via Yahoo to Cajun JungleBoy

i vote just bomb the sand hole until its a sand crater... end everything we needed, get the troops out of their, and go on with our lives.... i never even thought of Afghanistan until 9/11... so therefor we don't need it.

just my opinion....

was really weird though, the day of 9/11 i told my mom i had a feeling something wierd or bad was goin to happen... then 4 hours later ta da!
Cajun JungleBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2006, 08:46 AM   #40
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

One of the biggest problems with today compared to prior wars is 24/7 coverage and we all micro manage in our minds every step of the war. In WWII you had to either read the paper which the new was very old and the censors would remove anything they did not want printed or go to the movies and see the news reels that were weeks old. Now we have imbedded newsmen reporting up to the minute by satellite everything without much censorship of the material. So do we really need that type of coverage. On some days it is depressing and we have setbacks that automatically become political and politician use the info to make political gains. The other problem is bad news and disaster sells, good news does not. That is why we have to look carefully at what is being fed to us. The other great problem is we get fed so much info there is hardly any time to confirm it to be truthful with all the media companies wanting to be the first with a story.

Back in WWII The coverage was done my actual Military personal assigned to photo and press units. Now we have imbedded news people with troops. For example is we have imbedded with our troops the Italian communist new agency "Il Manifesto" What new do you think they cover???

So in a nutshell Americans view of the war is based on the news service you mostly watch and they are all skewed to the political slant of the anchors and directors views.
Old 06-27-2006, 04:39 PM   #41
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cajun JungleBoy View Post
i vote just bomb the sand hole until its a sand crater... end everything we needed, get the troops out of their, and go on with our lives.... i never even thought of Afghanistan until 9/11... so therefor we don't need it.
You know... Russia doesn't really need us, per say. Maybe they should nuke the **** out of us???

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 12:11 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
One of the biggest problems with today compared to prior wars is 24/7 coverage and we all micro manage in our minds every step of the war. In WWII you had to either read the paper which the new was very old and the censors would remove anything they did not want printed or go to the movies and see the news reels that were weeks old. Now we have imbedded newsmen reporting up to the minute by satellite everything without much censorship of the material. So do we really need that type of coverage. On some days it is depressing and we have setbacks that automatically become political and politician use the info to make political gains. The other problem is bad news and disaster sells, good news does not. That is why we have to look carefully at what is being fed to us. The other great problem is we get fed so much info there is hardly any time to confirm it to be truthful with all the media companies wanting to be the first with a story.

Back in WWII The coverage was done my actual Military personal assigned to photo and press units. Now we have imbedded news people with troops. For example is we have imbedded with our troops the Italian communist new agency "Il Manifesto" What new do you think they cover???

So in a nutshell Americans view of the war is based on the news service you mostly watch and they are all skewed to the political slant of the anchors and directors views.
Also, like you said bad news sells. I mean who really cares that 400 aircraft took off and landed safely today. Or that 10 more police officers were hired and began training in Bagdad. But also, the war reports are bias. The facts of the matter is that the war is unpopular with alot of uneducated people. Well I guess some are educated, just stupid I suppose you would call them. And most of those people are also hippocritical. Yes they wanna be safe from terrorism, but they don't wanna make the effort be safe or offer the supplies to become safe. Maybe that's be lazy instead? It's kinda like that saying, "Not in my backyard." People expect so much in return for the little they contribute. It's like offering bread crumbs in return for a feast. The thing i find the be the funniest, yet disappointing is how bad everyone thinks the president is doing. I'm not going to say he's the smartest and brightest, but he's got a tough job and I personally think he's doing a good job. It mostly his advisors make him look dumber than he really is, but you can tell he wants to call it like he sees it. If he didn't have to have this profession image all the time, i would tend to think the president would be cussing more. Like when he was in that classroom reading to those children. The old bush would have said " Damn those Mother-****ers are at it again!!!" but now he's got this image to up hold, so he just bites his tongue. Just watch him while he's speaking. You can tell he wants to say something, but he holds back and tries to rephrase his response. It's kinda comical actually.

Old 06-28-2006, 12:43 AM   #43
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
You know... Russia doesn't really need us, per say. Maybe they should nuke the **** out of us???
You honestly think this? You know how often the Russian military comes to United States to see how our military is run so they can model theirs after ours? Our military is THEE best. Just about every thriving nation tries to model their military after ours to some degree. We can even step away from the miltary and talk about economics and how Russia is still struggling. It's not super bad, but are you aware that 28 rubles = 1 dollar? Though that's not bad, but still some of the prices on certain items are crazy even though the economy over there has been steadily getting better over the last 7 years. Going from a goverment controlled (big-business) economy to a small, medium sized business is not going to happen over night. It's going to take SEVERAL years. And guess who's helping them achieve all this? This almost sounds like another place in the world where we have troops and it's on the news. That's it you guess it Iraq!! The only difference is we didn't remove a dictator in Russia, we talked him down, and most of his people followed. And finally what about space exploration. You are aware that the russians and americans along with a few other countries are doing this together.

Old 06-28-2006, 03:04 AM   #44
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion View Post
You honestly think this? You know how often the Russian military comes to United States to see how our military is run so they can model theirs after ours? Our military is THEE best. Just about every thriving nation tries to model their military after ours to some degree. We can even step away from the miltary and talk about economics and how Russia is still struggling. It's not super bad, but are you aware that 28 rubles = 1 dollar? Though that's not bad, but still some of the prices on certain items are crazy even though the economy over there has been steadily getting better over the last 7 years. Going from a goverment controlled (big-business) economy to a small, medium sized business is not going to happen over night. It's going to take SEVERAL years. And guess who's helping them achieve all this? This almost sounds like another place in the world where we have troops and it's on the news. That's it you guess it Iraq!! The only difference is we didn't remove a dictator in Russia, we talked him down, and most of his people followed. And finally what about space exploration. You are aware that the russians and americans along with a few other countries are doing this together.
Apparently out airline training is the best too......

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 06:59 AM   #45
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97Stallion View Post

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar