I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear" - Page 2 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 10-26-2006, 08:25 AM   #36
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

the F-150 wasnt designed to be a top of the line amazing wonderment of automotive craft... it was designed to be a TRUCK they just molded it into a performance truck for the lightning version.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2006, 12:45 PM   #37
Registered Member
Regular
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 996
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
the F-150 wasnt designed to be a top of the line amazing wonderment of automotive craft... it was designed to be a TRUCK they just molded it into a performance truck for the lightning version.
Yes, and their complaining about it using a ladder frame. Maybe the automakers should start building their fullsize trucks using unibodies.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:40 PM   #38
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
Yes, and their complaining about it using a ladder frame. Maybe the automakers should start building their fullsize trucks use a unibody.
please dont give them any ideas. the only thing more disgraceful than a watered down hummer (H3) in our society would be Unibody Fullsized trucks.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 10-26-2006, 01:41 PM   #39
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

hey vw built unibody trucks look how they sold not to good american standards and those across the pond are way way diffrent in there views of driving look at the cost of fuel and how they drive
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 01:44 PM   #40
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
please dont give them any ideas. the only thing more disgraceful than a watered down hummer (H3) in our society would be Unibody Fullsized trucks.
what do you think the ridgeline is? Avalanche?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2006, 02:01 PM   #41
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
please dont give them any ideas. the only thing more disgraceful than a watered down hummer (H3) in our society would be Unibody Fullsized trucks.
You can add the H2 in there as well...the only real hummer is being put out to pasture and all we will be left with are these watered down wanna be's.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:43 AM   #42
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
You can add the H2 in there as well...the only real hummer is being put out to pasture and all we will be left with are these watered down wanna be's.
as in the Military Hummer? i thought they were gonna run the Hummer up past 2025 or something?

They need to make the Warthog from Halo. that would be awesome.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:59 AM   #43
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
as in the Military Hummer? i thought they were gonna run the Hummer up past 2025 or something?

They need to make the Warthog from Halo. that would be awesome.
The H1 hummer...the original badass bigger than everything run your *** over...in its civilian trim is being discontinued so that the line can be used solely for the military version. I believe this year (2006) is the last year of the H1...

Hummer H1 Reaches The End of the Road
USATODAY.com - Big, militaristic Hummer H1 on its way out
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:28 AM   #44
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

i wish theyd just get rid of the civilian line of hummers alltogether.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 10:54 AM   #45
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

NO one needs something that huge... if you need something that large then buy a minivan and giveup on the fisad.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:21 AM   #46
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectorV View Post
NO one needs something that huge... if you need something that large then buy a minivan and giveup on the fisad.
Well, I do...and will eventually obtain one. Why do I need something that big? Because I am a big person and need something to carry the weight of my head around...I also need one to convince the moronic drivers on the road that go 30 in a 55 just because there is a little water on the road to get the hell out of the way.

Plus, I need one to satisfy my desire to do some offroading. Yes, a jeep will satisfy that desire as well, but it will not fill the intimidation void.

Beyond that, I need one just because they are a bad *** vehicle. Big...bad...and mean.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:01 PM   #47
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
Well, I do...and will eventually obtain one. Why do I need something that big? Because I am a big person and need something to carry the weight of my head around...I also need one to convince the moronic drivers on the road that go 30 in a 55 just because there is a little water on the road to get the hell out of the way.

Plus, I need one to satisfy my desire to do some offroading. Yes, a jeep will satisfy that desire as well, but it will not fill the intimidation void.

Beyond that, I need one just because they are a bad *** vehicle. Big...bad...and mean.
You have a small penis, don't you...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 12:21 PM   #48
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
You have a small penis, don't you...
Compared to an elephant...yes.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 01:16 PM   #49
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular
 
SpectorV's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 26,049
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

^^ I think you took that the wrong way. I think that was a come-on.
__________________
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:30 PM   #50
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

So basically you want a vehicle because you think it will intimidate people?

Personally... when I see a Hummer... I'm thinking: "Hey, look at that ****ing tool in the Hummer!"
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 05:45 PM   #51
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
So basically you want a vehicle because you think it will intimidate people?

Personally... when I see a Hummer... I'm thinking: "Hey, look at that ****ing tool in the Hummer!"
x2, my jeep can do more offroad than a hummer and its a fraction of the cost, even with some mods.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:27 PM   #52
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
So basically you want a vehicle because you think it will intimidate people?

Personally... when I see a Hummer... I'm thinking: "Hey, look at that ****ing tool in the Hummer!"
To intimidate people to get the **** out of my way when they drive 30 in a 55 because of a little water...yes.

Other than that, I think it is a bad *** truck that would be killer offroading and more enjoyable than a jeep in the mud. Since there is nothing close to a mountain here...closest thing is the fire ant mound next door...rock climbing and such is not an option. Only thing left is the mud in the swamps...hummer = perfect solution to me.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 06:50 PM   #53
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Thomas91169's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Region: California
Posts: 2,280
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by n8r View Post
x2, my jeep can do more offroad than a hummer and its a fraction of the cost, even with some mods.
really?

i guess the military was wrong by ridding themselves of the cheep and going with the hummer huh?

to me, seeing a ghetto'd out bling'd hummer is gay. but if i see a military version driving around, its ****ing badass. id want one thats seen action, been shot up and ****. drive over planter boxes and deviders like theyre nothing. i wouldnt be the kind of person to baby a hummer, im gonna drive it like im at war.
__________________
-Thomas-

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:32 PM   #54
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
Danger Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: South Carolina
Posts: 5,187
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

No more new original Hummers GM shut that line down. Lockheed has already been picked along with International CTX to build a prototype to replace the HUMVEE. It will be 200% better armoured and actually cheaper to build. Current cost of a armoured HUMVEE is 150,000 per unit. GM/Hummer has been left out of the competition.
__________________
Danger Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 07:54 PM   #55
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
n8r's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Region: Alabama
Posts: 3,216
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas91169 View Post
really?

i guess the military was wrong by ridding themselves of the cheep and going with the hummer huh?

to me, seeing a ghetto'd out bling'd hummer is gay. but if i see a military version driving around, its ****ing badass. id want one thats seen action, been shot up and ****. drive over planter boxes and deviders like theyre nothing. i wouldnt be the kind of person to baby a hummer, im gonna drive it like im at war.
I was talking recreationaly, of course a vehicle purposefully built for the modern military is going to be better than a civilian recreational/street suv.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent
Nothing is ever official until its official
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 08:23 PM   #56
Registered Member
Regular
 
silverstangboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Region: Alabama
Posts: 583
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
To intimidate people to get the **** out of my way when they drive 30 in a 55 because of a little water...yes.
thats what *** riding is for, I mean... thats how we do it in hustleville

but I do agree also in size department, I had much less trouble shoving a 6,800 pound 250E van down some little car's throte and them promply getting out of the way. than I do in the little ford trucks my company uses
__________________


93 mustang notch
~450hp 331 stroker - Sold
silverstangboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2006, 11:54 PM   #57
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverstangboy View Post
thats what *** riding is for, I mean... thats how we do it in hustleville

but I do agree also in size department, I had much less trouble shoving a 6,800 pound 250E van down some little car's throte and them promply getting out of the way. than I do in the little ford trucks my company uses
Right now it would require me to ride *** in the cobra...at least in a hummer I wouldn't have to worry about stopping if they do...I could just go over them and maybe scratch the undercarriage a little bit.
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:29 AM   #58
Legacy Member
Legacy
 
bbunt302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Region: Texas
Posts: 2,459
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
Right now it would require me to ride *** in the cobra...at least in a hummer I wouldn't have to worry about stopping if they do...I could just go over them and maybe scratch the undercarriage a little bit.
So you like riding ***??? Gay.
__________________

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 09:02 AM   #59
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular
 
PureVenom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Region: Louisiana
Posts: 7,212
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
So you like riding ***??? Gay.
I am a big fan of riding ***....
__________________
"When I know more, I'll be forthcoming. Or I won't be forthcoming, and I'll be honestly deceptive." - Les Miles
PureVenom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 10:23 AM   #60
Registered Member
Regular
 
rocknbronco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Region: Tennessee
Posts: 831
Re: I have a new hatred for the show "Top Gear"

On the size thing you could do just as well in a SD than a H1 or any med duty truck for that matter.I think the H1 is nice but its not for me I dont like the IFS I'm swapping over the TTB in my Bronco to SA,like a Wrangler front en for the non off roading,as for riding bumpers big trucks/suvs do not stop fast remmember that and you can easily kill any back seat occupants,more than likely some little kid who has the dumb luck of rising in the back seat.Also I have a SD to tow my Bronco cause if it breaks guess what I dont have to limp it home or paysome to much cash to my daily driver is a f250 cc long bed plenty big enought for intimidation and better mileage than a hummer and using far cheaper fuel not a diesel fan I like small blocks I run a 5.4 Triton.
__________________
Mustang wanted for here...
rocknbronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BR: Funny Bone "The Ragin Cajun" sat 8pm show DarkShadows Regional Mustang Discussion 4 04-02-2009 04:15 PM
3rd Annual "March Madness" Car Show & Racing Event fast eddie Regional Mustang Discussion 0 01-15-2009 11:36 AM
show me pics of "Different rims" timpryor Mustang Wheels & Tires 30 02-03-2007 11:14 AM
Make the top logo "clickable" SilentNoise ME Site Help & Announcements 8 08-13-2006 02:21 AM
Radio talk show host calls Condi a "big coon" WhiteStang99 The Bar 14 03-23-2006 01:20 PM

» Like Us On Facebook



04:22 AM


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0

MustangEvolution.com is in no way associated with or endorsed by Ford Motor Company.