Dont Buy From Mcguinness 2 In Orlando Fl! - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-25-2006, 03:19 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Georgia
Dont Buy From Mcguinness 2 In Orlando Fl!

OK so when I totalled My first mustang I looked and looked for another one that was red with dark leather interior.... Finally I found one on cars.com and so I drove to MCGUINNESS2 in Orlando Florida. Tax, tag and title was suppose to be included in the total price.... Huuh WRONG!!!! Crooks screwed me over!!!! First of all they didnt pay for my tag.... Second of all I found out my car has been wrecked in which they said they would provide a carfax form when I got there stating it was all good and they never did.... Third.... I'm from Georiga right, well If you go out of state to buy a car you are suppose to pay your county tax which is 6% for me. 4% was suppose to go to florida and 2% to Georgia. Well they ended up taking the whole 6% and pocketed the 2%. I got a letter from Ga dept of revenue in October stating I owed them a sum of $800 for taxes that I had already paid. I was directed by dept of rev to call mcguinness to get a refund for the money and send it to them. Mcgunniss said they would straigten in out... well Feb I got another letter stating it still had not been paid. This time I called Florida Dept of revenue which said they would contact them and get them to refund the money to ga dept of revenue. I also contacted my lawyer which said as long as I could provide proof of paying it (which was on the title work) no one could leagally do anything to me. Wrong again it can go against my credit... says ga dept of revenue. Finally I calleg mcguinnes again after I received my 3rd letter in june and they told me they would over night a redund form which needed to be notorized and mailed back to them so they could send a check to ga dept of revenue.... Guess what I never recieved it!!!! I'm so sick of these Ignorant Crooks!!! I found out from Florida Dept of revenue that they have 3 cases they are dealing with about the same matter and all of they people are from Georgia and bought cars from mcguinness 2. First of all Mcguinness2 said they paid it.... They never could provide proof.... second of all they dont have a ga tax ID number which means they couldnt have any way. The Better Business Beuaru and The attorney generals office are going to be hearing from me. So Mcguinness2..... SCREW YOU!
mcguinness2.com

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2006, 03:27 PM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: Dont Buy From Mcguinness 2 In Orlando Fl!

Road trip and kick their ***

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:29 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

HMMMM Anyone know any good lawyers in Florida?

THERE SHOULD BE A LAW AGAINST CROOKED CAR DEALERSHIPS

One wicked 03 GT FOBRA
ridenmystang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2010, 04:54 PM   #4

I went into this dealership and they had a used 05 Ford Taurus I wanted. I have a 01 malibu to trade that I owed $2,000 on.

"The salesman told me he would give me $3,500 for my trade and I could buy the Taurus for $300 a month.

"It sounded like about what I was looking for so I said OK. The next thing I knew he wanted a deposit from me to make the deal official. I told him I was using my car as a down payment, and I didn't want to put any cash down. The salesman told me that if I didn't give him some money as a 'good faith deposit' that the deal was off!

"I should have left right then, but I said OK. I gave him a check for $100 and the salesman told me he would just hold it until I picked the car up then he would give my check back to me.

"Before I left I had to see the Finance guy. He told me I needed all kinds of insurance on the loan, like life and hospitalization and he said I needed a warranty. He made it sound like the bank wouldn't finance me without all this stuff on the loan. He said the payment would only go up a little bit, so I said OK. I was supposed to pick the car up the next day.

"Well, I showed up the next day to pick up my car. The salesman was real friendly and running around getting my license plates switched over and everything.

"After waiting an hour to sign the papers I finally got into the Finance Office. The Finance guy had a whole stack of papers ready for me to sign. Well, the first thing I noticed was that the payment was now $413 a month! If this wasn't bad enough, this finance guy said I needed $3,000 cash down!

"I said 'wait a minute. You're giving me $3,500 for my trade and that's my down payment.' This guy told me that the $3,000 cash down was in addition to my trade, and my payment was $413 a month!

"I went nuts! I said 'you guys are trying to stick it to me. How could my payment possibly be $413 especially since you're figuring it with an extra $3,000 down?' He said to me he had nothing to do with it, that the bank was making the call. I said try another bank, and he said he already did and this was the best deal he could get for me!

"I said 'forget the whole thing. You guys are screwing me and I'm not standing for it.' I said 'give me back my $1000 check and I'm gone!'

"This jerk said he couldn't give it back, because they had already deposited it. I couldn't believe this. I said the salesman told me the check was just for 'good will' and I would get it back when I picked up the car.

"He called the salesman in and he said I must have misunderstood him, that he never said I could get the check back. I know what this guy told me. He was flat out lying to me. I said 'I want to see the manager!'

"The manager came in and I told him I wanted my $1000 back so I could leave. He asked me what the trouble was, so I explained to him the whole mess, and he said the salesman wouldn't have told me that about the check because it's not their policy to do that.

"I was ready to scream. Then the sales manager asked me if I would take the car if he could get my payment a little lower. I said 'if you can get my payment lower why didn't you just give me a lower payment from the start?' He said it looked to him like there was a mistake in the numbers. He went back to his office and re-did the numbers and came back and said if I put $2,500 down plus my car he could get the payment down to $393 a month!

"I said 'give me my $1000 back so I can leave.' Then he said 'what if I can do the $393 a month with only $2,000 cash down?' I was starting to feel like a ball in a pin ball machine!

I said our deal was $300 a month with just my trade down, and the Finance guy said it might be a little higher for the insurance and warranty.' The manager said no, I must have misunderstood.I have called the owner several times and the Better Business Bureau and still haven't got my $1000 back.

I'll never go to Mcguinness2 again.
brotherjesussav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

Lol nice post.

And to the guy who posted as the second victim...they cannot cash a check for a sale not made. I would have gone to the police station and filed a report for a stolen check.

It sounds like both of you are in the right and would have a solid case in civil court.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 06:02 PM   #6
Loc: Austin,TX
Regular
Supporter

Region: Texas

Take that **** to Judge Judy.She will get em by the balls.......she's one mean *****!
DDTCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2010, 08:28 AM   #7
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

ah car dealerships... when ever they wont tell you how much the loan is and just "payment amount" thats a red flag to GTFO as they are only going to screw you... when ever I deal with dealerships I basically know how much its worth and how much I will pay and they dont finance for me and I know more than they do about the vehicle so they dont BS me. You just have to do your research instead of getting caught up in the "OMG i have to have this car" crap.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 06:42 PM   #8
Staff
Blogger
Staff

Send a message via Skype™ to 99ford

That's just bad business in general most dealers want your business so they typically, don't pull stuff like that.

As far as insurance stuff if it's in house they can require you to buy their policies. It should be stated in the fine print. Most don't do that stuff because it's poor business.

Out of state buyers only pay sales tax in the state/county/city in which they live. Don't let the dealer tell you otherwise. The exception is "VAT" tax, or the dealer has an office, or tax forms on file in the state the person is applying for a tag in.

Dealers such as Auto-nation DBA: "Team-.....", Car Max, etc, may be able to do everything at the selling location re-regardless of state. They should have all papers on file to prove it.

In Georgia, dealers no longer switch tags to the car. The dealer files at the DMV and tax office, the customer must present themselves in person at the tag office to transfer, or purchase new tags. Usually no more than 20 days post-sale.
Old 02-25-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

Only dealership I have ever bought from was the one I worked at so Iguess i'm lucky.
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar