if you were the head of the ford mustang division - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:20 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

if you were the head of the ford mustang division

i would make 3 mustangs:
-a v6 model that runs mid/low 14s
-a GT model that runs low 13s
-a cobra model that runs high 11s

this is very very possible with little cash (around 1k)

the reason i thought of this was b/c i was browsing times of other v6 model cars and i laughed........a ****in v6 RAV4 can outrun a v6 mustang.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 01:41 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169
Re: if you were the head of the ford mustang division

if I were the head of the Ford division -

Tbird moniker would be revamped, as a smaller 2 seater platform that looked just utterly badass and agressive, with a 5.4L 4v 6spd RWD, have the power to match the Vettes like just in the day, but price it well under the Vette.

3 trims of mustangs(from ford)
Base - 4.2l V6 - 5spd auto or 5spd manny - 260ish HP. - $22K
Mid - 4.6L 3V GT - 5spd manual or 5spd auto - 340ish HP - $25K
Upper - 5.4L 4v LX - 6spd manual only - upgraded suspension, better exterior, etc. - 400HP - $30K

then you can still have SVT/Shelby do their versions(or SVT does theirs and shelby comes over and signs the dashboard and gets all the credit).

then i would also bring over some Aussie Fords to compete with these little evo's and Sti's and such. something turbo that could be transformed into AWD with a few modifications at the factory.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 02:11 PM   #3
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04stang View Post
i would make 3 mustangs:
-a v6 model that runs mid/low 14s
-a GT model that runs low 13s
-a cobra model that runs high 11s

this is very very possible with little cash (around 1k)

the reason i thought of this was b/c i was browsing times of other v6 model cars and i laughed........a ****in v6 RAV4 can outrun a v6 mustang.
I bet it doesn't outsell a V6 Mustang.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2006, 02:53 PM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

If I were the head of the Ford mustang division:

Base - 4.0L V6, ~200hp
GT - 4.6L 3v V8, 300hp
GT500 - Blown 5.4L 4v V8, 500hp

I would watch them fly off the shelves, roll around in my money, and have sex with multiple female partners, all while not caring what enthusiasts think.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its very hard to think you know what to do and actually doing it. If you were in the shoes of thsoe that make the choices you would see this. I would do my best to keep the mustang a bit ahead of the game. lets be real... real real, really real real.

The mustang is not supposed to be faster than a z06 or turn better or cost 50k. It is supposed to be affordable by middle/upper middle class and be some what sporty/muscle.

I would have a base model that was around 250hp/tq that was fun to drive and had potential for those that can only afford the base model, why not hook them on the mustang and when they grow up and want a more expensive one they come back?

For the GT I would boost it to around 350hp/tq and offer some special package options (on the base as well) that allowed you to customize the car a bit more.

I would have a cobra model that would have all the options and have some special packages even for it to fine tune it to your tastes, but not so many changes that others wouldnt want to buy it due to its not setup how they want it. I would put its performance where it is now~ but I would make that pig lighter.

I would try to keep the cost down while not removing things that people ACTUALLY want to please the bean counters... who would not pay 1k more for a nicer car if it was worth it?
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2006, 06:11 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: South Carolina
Send a message via AIM to Danger Dude

Well here is what I would do

Chunk the GT It is a rich persons car and what is Ford doing catering to rich *****es

Trim the current Body style by 400 or more pounds

Make 2 Cobra models
Put the GT motor in a Cobra R
Put the current motor is a standard Cobra
Stop it with the Shelby crap it cost to much to pay the Royalties

Have the GT motor where it is at. When you loose 400 pounds it will be more agile and faster

The V6 should come out with a 225 hp version

Get rid of all the ugle *** wheels that came out with the current styles

Leave the trucks alone except do whatever it takes to reduce fuel consumption by 20%. You might take a hit in power but you would beat the competition in economy and outsell them.

Redesign the Expedition and shrink it's big *** size and achieve 20% better fuel economy.

The current cars like the Fusion are going in the right direction and plan to achieve 15% better fuel economy Immediately

WORK ON HYDROGEN VEHICLES AND BE THE FIRST TO HAVE FLEET WIDE AVAILABILITY ASAP
Old 07-02-2006, 11:45 PM   #7
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbunt302 View Post
If I were the head of the Ford mustang division:

Base - 4.0L V6, ~200hp
GT - 4.6L 3v V8, 300hp
GT500 - Blown 5.4L 4v V8, 500hp

I would watch them fly off the shelves, roll around in my money, and have sex with multiple female partners, all while not caring what enthusiasts think.

lol you already sound like a ford exec.
Kyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 12:11 AM   #8
Legacy Member
Legacy

dude of danger, the Ford GT is already chunked.

and i heard we dont and will never have the resources to mass-produce fuel celled vehicles. the liner material for the fuel cell is just not abundant enough or something to that effect.

and about trucks and SUV's, people who buy them usually dont(and shouldnt) give a rats *** about fuel consumption. once you try to underpower them for economy's sake, another company(dodge perhaps) will up the power and outsell the competition, i know i would, "oh, ford wants to make a economic truck? that leaves a gap for those who want real american powah and dont care, Execs, make our trucks 450hp/450tq, thatll teach them to **** with the american way". you want an economic truck, theres the tundra or titan. oh, wait, those arent selling half as good as their Big3 counterparts. gee, wonder why. i would never buy an economic truck, those are two words that dont even belong in the same thought process.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by EclipseGSTdude View Post
dude of danger, the Ford GT is already chunked.

and i heard we dont and will never have the resources to mass-produce fuel celled vehicles. the liner material for the fuel cell is just not abundant enough or something to that effect.

and about trucks and SUV's, people who buy them usually dont(and shouldnt) give a rats *** about fuel consumption. once you try to underpower them for economy's sake, another company(dodge perhaps) will up the power and outsell the competition, i know i would, "oh, ford wants to make a economic truck? that leaves a gap for those who want real american powah and dont care, Execs, make our trucks 450hp/450tq, thatll teach them to **** with the american way". you want an economic truck, theres the tundra or titan. oh, wait, those arent selling half as good as their Big3 counterparts. gee, wonder why. i would never buy an economic truck, those are two words that dont even belong in the same thought process.
You base this on what. The Truck over the next few years will have to become more efficient because gas is only going up. When it is $5 a gallon people will not by them if they dont get better gas mileage. Truck and SUV sales are already down 60% from a 2 years ago and gas is only a dollar more. Just wait when gas tops 4.00 or 5.00 a gallon.

He is something to remember. In the 70's Horsepower in trucks was a bust with vehicles only having 150-200 HP at the most. People still used them to haul stuff but we are not talking about a massive loss of Hp Just rethinking what is important. The average truck does not need 300+ hp to pull stuff.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:27 AM   #10
Legacy Member
Legacy

I agree with Thomas, I'd do the same thing. If an Eclipse or Altima (both with V6 engines) can both have 260 hp, why the **** can't a V6 Mustang?

Import.. beating Domestic....

FIX IT.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2006, 01:32 AM   #11
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I agree with Thomas, I'd do the same thing. If an Eclipse or Altima (both with V6 engines) can both have 260 hp, why the **** can't a V6 Mustang?

Import.. beating Domestic....

FIX IT.
Simply put the average Mustang V6 buyer does not give a rats *** if it cannot beat a eclipse or a altima!!!! Remember only 1-3 % of the average V6 buyers will ever do any major upgrades or mods to their cars. None of those will ever race.

V6 Mustangs are budget stangs for people who want a stang on a budget. If a person is really worried about Altima's or Eclipse's they will buy something else.
Old 07-03-2006, 04:22 AM   #12
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger Dude View Post
You base this on what. The Truck over the next few years will have to become more efficient because gas is only going up. When it is $5 a gallon people will not by them if they dont get better gas mileage. Truck and SUV sales are already down 60% from a 2 years ago and gas is only a dollar more. Just wait when gas tops 4.00 or 5.00 a gallon.
i base this on what i see around me. seeing that almost every family i know just bought 05 or 06 SUV/Trucks(our family just upgraded from our 96 to a 06 tahoe, our neighbors from their Montero to a 06 Trailblazer, our other neighbors, not 1 but 2 new vehicles, a 05 F350 or 250(whatever is diesel) and a 06 Explorer, both fully equipped, neighbors across the street with a Silverado SS and next to them a Lincoln Truck whatever(F150 knockoff)). and its not like were a uber rich neigborhood, 1200sf houses, well under triple digit incomes.

and as far as i can tell, our tahoe mileage>any car i have ever had mileage. we just went to jamestown and back(1 hr each way, hilly terrain, avg 60mph) and the guage didnt move. i cant go to manteca and back(half hour each way) in less than a quarter tank with cruise control at 75 on flatland.

**** gas prices. the only way theyre gonna come down is if we take over the world, or every country that produces it. besides, once the sahkalin project is complete, there will be a nice drop in prices, seeing it can produce double the yearly supply for oil in 6 months at full operational status, and will drill enough to last us 40 years(under speculation that the earths oil reserves are NOT self replicating).

Old 07-03-2006, 10:18 AM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Simply put the average Mustang V6 buyer does not give a rats *** if it cannot beat a eclipse or a altima!!!! Remember only 1-3 % of the average V6 buyers will ever do any major upgrades or mods to their cars. None of those will ever race.

V6 Mustangs are budget stangs for people who want a stang on a budget. If a person is really worried about Altima's or Eclipse's they will buy something else.

I give a rats ***!

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Old 07-03-2006, 01:02 PM   #14
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seph View Post
I give a rats ***!
To bad you represent less than 3% of the buyers
Old 07-03-2006, 03:18 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:
To bad you represent less than 3% of the buyers
Screw Ford then

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar