THIS is why I'd rather rip movies than go to a theatre. - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-09-2006, 01:08 AM   #1
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Angry THIS is why I'd rather rip movies than go to a theatre.

Last week, me, my girl friend, and my folks went to go see the movie "Cars" at the local theatre. The movie started at like 8:00 or so, and the movie theatre got kinda full. There were a bunch of kids, but that didn't phase us. During the whole movie, we put up with the children talking, and it finally got worse when there were kids running up and down the ****ing isles!

It wasn't until after the kids ran out the theatre doors that the usher finally came in. He did absolutely nothing but sorta look around for a minute and then walked out.

GROAN........

So tonight we all went to see Superman Returns at the same theatre. Why not? No kids at this one, and since Pirates came out just a day ago everybody will be seeing that. Perfect plan, we went in, got great seats...

Then right at the start, 3 groups of teenagers sit in the theatre at different areas. Immediately they start making noise, saying things out loud as their buddies laugh, and these *****es starting to just laugh and giggle. I got fed up with it immediately and went to the manager.

Of course when I come back they all shut the **** up. Then the manager comes in a few minutes later, stays for half a second, then leaves. Then during the middle of the movie, the people behind us start talking. When they finally shut the hell up, the laughing and giggling starts. Then the other retards start talking.

When we left, my girl friend found the manager and told him "You know, we've been here twice this week and it's been total bull****. People were talking, kids running up and down the isles, this is just ridiculous. We are not coming back here." The manager just gave kind of a blank look and said sorry.

Yeah, **** that. Right now, I'm downloading some new movies and I plan on burning them on DVD and watching them here at home.

Here's the letter my girl friend wrote to the theatre's corporate office:

To Whom it may concern,

On July the 8th, 2006 My Family and I chose your theatre to see "Superman Returns". During the nearly the entire movie, three, yes, three groups of teenagers were talking, yelling, and overall disrupting the entire audience. My boyfriend went to get the manager. He claims he stood in the theatre and saw nothing, but I assure you more than nothing had been going on. After the movie, I approached the manager, quite annoyed and complained. He gave me a smug look and didn't attempt to right the situation. I don't understand why ushers are not in each theatre supervising. This is not the first time our movie has been disrupted either. Just last week, we went to see the movie "Cars" at your theatre. During the movie, children were talking loudly and running up and down the isles. It wasn't until nearly the end of the movie did one of the ushers came in to asess the situation. In closing, my Family and I are NEVER returning to your establishment and I will be making a follow up call to make sure my complaint is heard.

thank you.

So if anyone could recommend a good DVD burner, and an excellent DVD ripper program, throw some out to me. I'm investing in making my own collection, rather than paying **** loads of money to see an average movie, with ridiculously priced food, and people ruining my experience.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2006, 01:15 AM   #2
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Re: THIS is why I'd rather rip movies than go to a theatre.

You can download 100% DVD Rips through news groups and they will burn directly to your DVD without any kind of encoding. Hit me up on aim and I will show you how.

Any kind of DVD burner will do. They all burner the most popular media.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 02:43 AM   #3
Legacy Member
Legacy

done n done

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-09-2006, 11:54 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Maryland
Send a message via AIM to wiarumas Send a message via MSN to wiarumas

for my household...

surround sound + 48" (i think) flat plasma HDTV + couch > theatres

Please visit: TheEchoBoom: Gen Y Blog and Forum
wiarumas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 01:20 PM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Yeah we got surround sound and a brand new plasma HDTV. Screeeeeeeeeeew the theatres.

Old 07-09-2006, 03:58 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

i just hook up my tv to my computer and play them that way. all the DVD rips ive seen arent that good quality wise, and sometimes you might get the sound ****-up, where the sound clip is 2 seconds behind the video it goes with. we had this with Saw2, the longer the movie went, the worse it got.

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2006, 05:28 PM   #7
Legacy Member
Legacy

I absolutely hate when that happens, I won't watch it if it does that

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar