That's it! I ****in give up and just don't give a **** anymore - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-12-2006, 06:12 PM   #1
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Canada
Send a message via MSN to SilentNoise
That's it! I ****in give up and just don't give a **** anymore

That's it. I ****in give up.

*Gets on the soapbox*

So today I'm on my way to work, but I stop in to pick up something to eat on the way. I'm coming down Calgary Trail and just before JBs Power Centre, and I get tagged for 10km/h (6mph) over (I didn't have my radar detector on..... figures.... and HOW THE **** CAN A 4-LANE ROAD BE A 50km/h (30mph) ZONE?? This city is so ****in ***-backwards!). I go to pull my license, registration and insurance for the *******, only to realize that my registration is sitting on my desk at home because I had to call my isurance company about a ****ed up pink card.... ok, fine, that's my bad and I can get around paying the ticket by presenting it withing 24 or 48 hours, or whatever the **** it works out to be........ but no. You know how they mail you out a registration renewal form when it's coming up? Well, aparently mine was up for renewal back in FEBRUARY and I never got that notice, so I've been driving the car since April 10 with no registration. FUN!

Now to make matters worse, the car's been impounded until I get this ****in bull**** sorted out and find out why the **** I never got that renewal form this spring.

Even if I was able to get an updated registration within an hour, the ******* was still going to impound the car. WTF's up with that?

By the time I get the car re-registered, pay the fines, and deal with the towing and impound fees, I'm sure I'll be looking at $500.

So ya, that's been my day so far. How was yours?

*Gets off the soapbox*

Wolf Pack Car Club - Domestic V8 Performance Club (Edmonton, AB, Canada)

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
SilentNoise is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2006, 06:18 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Georgia
Send a message via AIM to KyleUSAF Send a message via MSN to KyleUSAF
Re: That's it! I ****in give up and just don't give a **** anymore

wow, sorry about that dude..imo any cop is a prick if he pulls someone over for going 6 over. wreckless is one thing, but speeding like that I didn't know they could impound your car for no registration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkshadow
I could say nothing for my complete awe. He then. confidantly, purchased the gallon.
KyleUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #3
Registered Member
Regular

Maybe they can't in the States? No idea. It was pretty cut and dried up here though. I even asked him if I could get it registered and come back within the hour, but he wasn't even allowing me to do that. Prick.

"If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside." -Robert X. Cringely
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2006, 06:39 PM   #4
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
wow, sorry about that dude..imo any cop is a prick if he pulls someone over for going 6 over. wreckless is one thing, but speeding like that I didn't know they could impound your car for no registration
It's canada...they pick and choose when to pull people over. I have passed cops at 100-120 mph (150-190 kmh according to the pic of my guage cluster) on the QEW, 401, and 407 with no problems...and I was being passed by people at times. I have also heard of a number of cases like his where people were doing a mere 10 kmh over and get yanked. I think it all depends on whether they got some the night before, how good it was, and whether they are going to get some that night.
Old 07-12-2006, 06:41 PM   #5
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyleUSAF View Post
Oh yeah, and No insurance or no reggy...and you are begging for impounding these days. They frown pretty heavily on that...some states more than others.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:08 PM   #6
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Florida

Damn that sucks !! impound your car for no registration WTF

Mods-K&N CAI , True Dual Flowmaster 40, BBK Ceramic Shorties, 3.73 , 25% UDP, 3/8 Phenolic Intake Spacer ,Steeda Tri-ax, SCT Chip/Dyno Tune

Quote:
"Some people are like Slinkies; useless, but fun to push down the stairs."
Herbstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:36 PM   #7
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

i have my updated registration sitting on my desk too... i should go put that on there

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2006, 07:55 PM   #8
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
It's canada...they pick and choose when to pull people over. I have passed cops at 100-120 mph (150-190 kmh according to the pic of my guage cluster) on the QEW, 401, and 407 with no problems...and I was being passed by people at times. I have also heard of a number of cases like his where people were doing a mere 10 kmh over and get yanked. I think it all depends on whether they got some the night before, how good it was, and whether they are going to get some that night.
Ya, pretty much. This dick didn't give me any options at all. He barely said 2 words when I asked questions, other than here's the number for the lot it'll be at, here's the address, you can pay the fine here or here.

And the part that I love the most is, he gives me the papers and says, "Have a nice day."

I was already walking away by the time he finished his sentence, but I turned around and said "**** off" more than loud enough for him and the two other cops there to hear me.

Normally I don't mind cops. I can understand that they're just doing their job, but like you guys say, who pulls someone ever for doing 10 over? After he wouldn't hardly even give me the time of day after that, I had no patience left for that *******

Old 07-13-2006, 12:35 PM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California
Send a message via AIM to Thomas91169

go to the impound lot and steal your car back, hide it at a buddies house and collect insurance from them for a stolen car, as well as a lawsuit for someone stealing your car from impound.

hey, it worked on Gone in 60 Seconds :dunno:

1998 Eclipse GST Spyder - 14b turbo | 3" Catback | Evo8 BoV | 170fwhp if that

2003 Redfire Cobra - 448whp/435wtq - Sold
Thomas91169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:37 PM   #10
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

rofl.that was the best reply on here omg i thought the same damn thing but my wife drove down 408 and got pulled over for going over 12 miles over the speed limit was 35 and we walked home about 8 miles away payed 300$ to get it out they marked my v6 as a gt i called both cops morons and they didnt do **** my wife was happy it took 2 sherrifs to stop her i know how that feels like your alive
dalltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:49 PM   #11
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalltx View Post
rofl.that was the best reply on here omg i thought the same damn thing but my wife drove down 408 and got pulled over for going over 12 miles over the speed limit was 35 and we walked home about 8 miles away payed 300$ to get it out they marked my v6 as a gt i called both cops morons and they didnt do **** my wife was happy it took 2 sherrifs to stop her i know how that feels like your alive
You like reviving old threads dont ya.

March 2010 Mustangevolution Mustang of the Month 1st eva biatch!
DarkShadows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Illinois

twice i have had tags outta date and never had a notice in my life
upton7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 04:59 PM   #13
Registered Member
Regular

Region: Texas

you didnt move or have a hold on your vehicle ?
dalltx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:29 AM   #14
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

its a speed trap, we used to have one of the biggest in the country for a while, 30mph with NO one working and it was a 30 degree down hill slope.. you literally had to ride your brakes all the way down the thing~ it was horrible. Also it was 3 lanes... wtf
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:13 PM   #15
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Mississippi
Send a message via AIM to lowflyn

I got a ticket a few weeks back...in a truck with no title, no tag, no insurance card, nothing. 4 lane highway - got a ticket for no tag and kept going on my merry way lol.
Our's:
90 7up vert - new project-07 DSG Focus -DD
lowflyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:09 PM   #16
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

In California, if you get caught with a registration out of date more than 3 months, they will impound your car. One of my co-workers came back from over seas, had all the paper work in the car that he re-registered the vehicle and was waiting for the final papers from the DMV and they still towed his car.

95 GT- Sold
09 Hyundai Elantra Touring-new ride.
Looking for the next project car now
Scut95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:45 AM   #17
Registered Member
Regular

Really? You guys are going to bash a cop for doing his job?

The speed limit is what it says, What's so hard about that? The norm for a slide rule is 4/7 (4 over in the city/7 over on the highway). You were speeding, YOU failed to provide proof of ins/reg., and you failed to register your car. Nobody should be held responsible to REMIND YOU that your REGISTRATION has expired. Those reminders are only there as a legal way to enforce penalties and fines, as they can show proof that you were warned. He followed protocol and did his job. Then you have the audacity to say "**** Off".

He should have been the one telling you "**** OFF". You broke the law you should pay the consequences. I do like SVTPerformance.com Donut Shop as these kind of behaviors would not be allowed (I respect this site allowing opinions). To publicly bash a figure of your nation's security and safety is just a great example of your demeaning character.
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 10:49 AM   #18
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Actually, SVTP would just delete the thread just like when you create a thread about RWTD over there....and...the donut shop is a joke. It's great as long as everyone agrees with the cops posting no matter how obvious it is they are just sticking up for their brethren. If you post a dissenting opinion, you get banned.

Then of course there's smackdown where all the 12 year olds hang out all day. lol
Old 05-06-2009, 10:55 AM   #19
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

But I do agree, 3 years ago the tickets were deserved.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:02 PM   #20
Registered Member
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureVenom View Post
Actually, SVTP would just delete the thread just like when you create a thread about RWTD over there....and...the donut shop is a joke. It's great as long as everyone agrees with the cops posting no matter how obvious it is they are just sticking up for their brethren. If you post a dissenting opinion, you get banned.

Then of course there's smackdown where all the 12 year olds hang out all day. lol
I happen to enjoy some of the hilarious **** that goes on in SD....
SaleenFiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 01:56 PM   #21
Registered Member
Regular

Theres one sure way out of speeding ticket GROW TITS!!!!
I get pulled over 74 in 55, I get 8 hrs community service $30 registration fee, $70 fine, 3 years probation.

My wife gets pulled over for doing 90 in 45. Verbal warning
Gets pulled over 75 in 50. Writen warning.

96 honda magna vf750, K&N, Vance and Hines pipes Rejetted carbs
Ninethourpm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:07 PM   #22
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Iowa
Send a message via AIM to jimmy_beaner Send a message via MSN to jimmy_beaner Send a message via Yahoo to jimmy_beaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninethourpm View Post
Theres one sure way out of speeding ticket GROW TITS!!!!
I get pulled over 74 in 55, I get 8 hrs community service $30 registration fee, $70 fine, 3 years probation.

My wife gets pulled over for doing 90 in 45. Verbal warning
Gets pulled over 75 in 50. Writen warning.
pics for proof?

yeah, I watch my driving pretty carefully as I don't think my tits are sufficient

SOLD! 2002 Sonic Blue GT, 5 Speed
Mods: MGW Short Throw Shifter, Mach 1 Brakes
Hypercoated Saleens, Eibach Pro-Kit, Bilstein shocks/struts, Borla Exhaust, Steeda Wing, 03 Cobra hood, Cobra mirrors, 03 Cobra Front Bumper, smoked fogs/headlights, 03 Cobra side skirts, Grill Delete, Mach C-pillars
jimmy_beaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 02:15 PM   #23
Registered Member
Regular

no im not posting pictures of my wifes tits

Old 07-05-2009, 02:40 PM   #24
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Alabama

Way to bring back a 3 year old topic.
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 04:53 PM   #25
Registered Member
Regular

i didnt bring it back daltx did

Old 07-05-2009, 05:02 PM   #26
Regular

Region: Tennessee

Jesus Christ. This thread is forever going to die.

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar