Shelby GT500: Ford Bold Moves Episode 5 - Mustang Evolution

Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them here!
Old 07-18-2006, 11:19 PM   #1
Regular

Region: Tennessee
Shelby GT500: Ford Bold Moves Episode 5

This video is part of the Ford Bolds Move advertising campaign and is exclusive to Mustangevolution.com. Hope you enjoy the video and I look forward to seeing more being released in the future!

Ford Bold Moves Episode 5

Reddit
Brent is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2006, 11:37 PM   #2
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: New Jersey
Send a message via AIM to DarkShadow
Re: Shelby GT500: Ford Bold Moves Episode 5

Dude. You can hear the SC in the vid, that's awesome.

I just wish they looked a little better. They don't look bad....just not good enough :dunno:
Old 07-18-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Region: Louisiana
Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

"It can't be mistaken for any other car"....except a V6 or GT mustang....a GT with a big motor...and stickers (easily 20 more hp there). Still think this car is a let down. And how about that massive nose dive during the breaking. I thought it was going to cartwheel.
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2006, 12:33 AM   #4
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: California

I'll buy one.

Christopher Reeve - Even though I don't personally believe in the Lord, I try to behave as though He was watching.
Seph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 01:11 AM   #5
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Pennsylvania
Send a message via AIM to Kiljosh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smurfin View Post
And how about that massive nose dive during the breaking. I thought it was going to cartwheel.

haha yea I got a giggle out of that too.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #6
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Region: Alabama
Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

If its one of the best performance vehicles money can buy .... thats sad. I think Ill take a Z06 please It would be really funny if he was to say, "We are going on 150 mph now." and a new Z06 flyies by leaving him standing still lol.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 10:31 AM   #7
Regular

Dude you havent even drove the car yet. Save the **** talking till you get behind the wheel.

A Z06 is a $60,000+ car

Reddit
Old 07-19-2006, 10:50 AM   #8
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brent View Post
Dude you havent even drove the car yet. Save the **** talking till you get behind the wheel.

A Z06 is a $60,000+ car
Word... people keep comparing the GT500 and Z06 for some reason. THEY'RE NOT BUILT TO COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER!!! Some people cant, for whatever reason, get that through their head.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:34 AM   #9
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
A Z06 is a $60,000+ car
After dealer markups, I'll bet the GT500 is too.

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 11:44 AM   #10
Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
After dealer markups, I'll bet the GT500 is too.
Because its brand new. I bet the Z06 wasnt selling for suggested retail when it first came out

Reddit
Old 07-19-2006, 12:13 PM   #11
Moderator Emeritus
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to SpectorV

You are correct the Z06 was not built to perform with the GT500, the base model C6 was.
2003 Cobra Vert (Redfire) #3938 of 5082 @ 05/27/2003
472rwhp/493rwtq -Modification List - Dyno Sheet
2012 Mustang 3.7L M6 (Kona Blue)
2011 Ford Edge Sport (Red Metallic)
SpectorV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 04:43 PM   #12
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

I really want to like this car, but a 2 ton Mustang with a terriable weight distribution is a huge disappiontment to me. I think me and many others had to big of expectations for this car. Still I'm sure its probably the best performance mustang (beside the 2000 Cobra R) Ford has build to date, but I'd rather have a 03/04 Cobra, and yes that car had hell of a lot of brake dive.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:01 PM   #13
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to MarkuzLS1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JROC View Post
I'd rather have a 03/04 Cobra
From a purely performance standpoint, so would I. I can't stand the way they're styled...but...For an easy, fast, drag car...pretty awesome. (I'd put a live axle in it, if I ever bought one)

I like turtles.
MarkuzLS1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:16 PM   #14
Registered Member
Regular

Region: South Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkuzLS1 View Post
From a purely performance standpoint, so would I. I can't stand the way they're styled...but...For an easy, fast, drag car...pretty awesome. (I'd put a live axle in it, if I ever bought one)
I agree, I don't care that much for their styling. Their front bumper and their stance makes them look kind of big and heavy (which they are a little heavy) in my opinion, and I don't care for the way you can see their exhaust from the rear. But I think they look pretty good when they are lowered and get some bigger rims on them. I like how the replica 18 inch stock rims look.
JROC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 05:50 PM   #15
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Send a message via AIM to PureVenom Send a message via MSN to PureVenom Send a message via Yahoo to PureVenom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZimStang View Post
Word... people keep comparing the GT500 and Z06 for some reason. THEY'RE NOT BUILT TO COMPETE WITH EACH OTHER!!! Some people cant, for whatever reason, get that through their head.
The reason for the comparison is because there is nothing else in the mustang's category anymore. And the fact that a mass produced....read factory....mustang is pushing the 70k mark...you have to bring the vette into the picture. It is a simple fact...you have 70k to spend....do you pick A: A 500 hp SUV disquised as a sports car....or B: A 500 hp (Not sure on Z06 hp #s) speed demon that can do well in both straight line runs as well as corners. You can't help but say "I would rather have a Z06" because they are both in the same price range.
Old 07-19-2006, 06:54 PM   #16
Zim
You want to **** me?
Legacy

Region: Missouri

Quote:
The reason for the comparison is because there is nothing else in the mustang's category anymore. And the fact that a mass produced....read factory....mustang is pushing the 70k mark...you have to bring the vette into the picture. It is a simple fact...you have 70k to spend....do you pick A: A 500 hp SUV disquised as a sports car....or B: A 500 hp (Not sure on Z06 hp #s) speed demon that can do well in both straight line runs as well as corners. You can't help but say "I would rather have a Z06" because they are both in the same price range.
Gt500s are NOT going for 70k dollars with the markup.

Just because theres nothing else to compete with the mustang anymore doesnt mean you throw chevy's BEST TOP MODEL of any car they have into the mix with fords. If thats the way you want to play... start comparing the ford GT to the z06, not the shelby. Z06's were designed for everything... they were made to take turns, made to go straight, and made for sleek sport styling. The mustang is still what its been for the past 40+ years... a sporty coupe/vert. Its sole purpose in life isnt to pull over a G on the skidpad, its to give people something affordable and fast, and that GT500 has done that. You cant compare apples to oranges man... if you want to compare Ford best vs Chevy best, then scrap the GT500 cause the ford GT is fords "top" model sports car. Simple as that.

Honestly, Id hope a 65k dollar z06 could wax a 43k dollar GT500 in every category. If it couldnt there'd be some serious problems.

I like toys
Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:10 PM   #17
Regular

Quote:

Just because theres nothing else to compete with the mustang anymore doesnt mean you throw chevy's BEST TOP MODEL of any car they have into the mix with fords. If thats the way you want to play... start comparing the ford GT to the z06, not the shelby. Z06's were designed for everything... they were made to take turns, made to go straight, and made for sleek sport styling. The mustang is still what its been for the past 40+ years... a sporty coupe/vert. Its sole purpose in life isnt to pull over a G on the skidpad, its to give people something affordable and fast, and that GT500 has done that. You cant compare apples to oranges man... if you want to compare Ford best vs Chevy best, then scrap the GT500 cause the ford GT is fords "top" model sports car. Simple as that.

Honestly, Id hope a 65k dollar z06 could wax a 43k dollar GT500 in every category. If it couldnt there'd be some serious problems.
Werd dawg

Reddit
Old 07-19-2006, 07:14 PM   #18
n8r
Legacy Member
Legacy

Quote:

I agree, nicely put
n8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 07:15 PM   #19
Legacy Member
Legacy

Region: Texas
Send a message via AIM to bbunt302

Plus the dealer mark-ups are not Ford's fault. Ford has nothing to do with how much over the Manufacturer's Suggested Retail Price the dealers are selling them for. Blame the dealers and the people who are willing to pay it, which in turn allows the dealers to get away with it.

I'd rather have the GT500 and the extra 22k in my pocket.

Scary stuff.
bbunt302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2006, 08:07 PM   #20
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

You missed my point Zim. My point is, there is nothing else to compare the GT500 to....so with no other choices, you pick the only option you have from the biggest rival of Ford....Chevy. The same could be said if you want to compare it to something of Dodge. You sure as hell wouldn't pick the skittle as it's competition...no matter how much you can build them up. You would pick the Viper for comparison.

Why would you pick the top of the line model from the competition? Well, to make your offering look better. Besides, there is nothing else to compare it to. So, with a lack of options, you pick the only option you have from your competition. In this case...the Vette. What do yo think they should compare it to? The Cobalt? The neon? The GTO? The Charger? NOne of them are even close to being in its league.

As for the Ford GT comparison, it was made when the GT came out. There were many comparisons of GT vs Z06...as well as comparisons to lamborginis, ferraris, and such.

As for the 70k statement....well...Call these guys up and see what they are listing them for (http://www.shelbygt500dealer.com/). They bought up all the power lease options they could in order to work this deal on release. They bought up like 15 or so power leases (for 10k each) in order to increase their allotment of GT500s. Now, they are slapping a 25k markup on the car. Every thread I read about a dealership having a GT500...it is quickly stated there is a 20-25k markup on the car. Using simple math....I can then determine 43k base price + 25k markup = pushing the 70k mark as I stated. I am not saying it is Ford that is marking them up...I am just saying they are going to be selling for a price that is pushing the 70k mark (and don't forget TTL) for a little while. It is just a cold hard fact...and a pure and simple example of greed as well as classic case of More money than brains supporting the behavior.

Yes...all of this markup **** will go away once the GT500s start collecting dust and costing the dealerships money. Until then, they are selling for prices that are pushing the 70k mark...unless you are lucky and find a location that is selling for MSRP. Many are listing as selling for MSRP...but then state it is not the price it is selling for. When they do hit MSRP...then they will be a good deal. Until that point...the Z06 is a much better bang for the buck...and I HATE....let me add some emphasis here....I HATE vettes in every sense...but I would take one over a GT500 with the markups that will be plaguing the market for the next few months.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:13 PM   #21
Regular

Will if you have to resort to comparing a 43k dollar car to a 70,000 dollar car and the difference isnt mind boggling for the 27k dollars you pay more for the Vette... the GT500 is the winner in my book.

Reddit
Old 07-19-2006, 08:18 PM   #22
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Will if you have to resort to comparing a 43k dollar car to a 70,000 dollar car and the difference isnt mind boggling for the 27k dollars you pay more for the Vette... the GT500 is the winner in my book.
Y'all are still missing my point. The fact that the only thing left to compare the GT500 to is the Z06, and in reality, the Viper....is a compliment to Ford. It means they have gone above and beyond the competition to the point where they can only be compared to cars that are out of their league. Kind of like being a MMA fighter that just destroys everyone in their weight class...so they have to move up a weight class to get and kind of competition. It is a compliment....ugh.....

I agree, at strict MSRP...the GT500 is a better bang for the buck. However, during the next few months of gouging....the Z06 is a lot better investment (assuming the Z06 can be had for around MSRP...don't know as I don't step foot on GM lots unless it is to look at a used ford)....unless you convince someone to sell for MSRP.
Old 07-19-2006, 08:21 PM   #23
Regular

Quote:
Y'all are still missing my point. The fact that the only thing left to compare the GT500 to is the Z06, and in reality, the Viper....is a compliment to Ford. It means they have gone above and beyond the competition to the point where they can only be compared to cars that are out of their league. Kind of like being a MMA fighter that just destroys everyone in their weight class...so they have to move up a weight class to get and kind of competition. It is a compliment....ugh.....

I agree, at strict MSRP...the GT500 is a better bang for the buck. However, during the next few months of gouging....the Z06 is a lot better investment (assuming the Z06 can be had for around MSRP...don't know as I don't step foot on GM lots unless it is to look at a used ford)....unless you convince someone to sell for MSRP.
Got you

Reddit
Old 07-19-2006, 08:23 PM   #24
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
Legacy
Regular

Quote:
Got you
:woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo: :woo:
Old 07-19-2006, 10:12 PM   #25
Legacy Member
Legacy

Send a message via AIM to dark Send a message via Yahoo to dark

Quote:
agreed

Lower Navigation
Go Back   Mustang Evolution > Off Topic Forums > The Bar